Brothel Sim Game

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Brothel Sim Game

Postby meismike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 6:47 pm

Oh wow, you're right. I'll fix that.
meismike

Postby Mr.Lamar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:47 pm

Any plans to add a clothing shop to the game?
Mr.Lamar

Postby meismike » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:53 pm

Yeah totally. I still haven't decided if I want clothes to give stats or not. People may just want to wear what they like and not have to worry about wearing the best clothes.
meismike

Postby Mr.Lamar » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:55 pm

Perhaps you could separate clothing types?

1 store for fashion types that don't change gameplay

and then a 2nd one with a variety of outfits that alter stats: such as dominatrix outfits, maid outfits, etc.
Mr.Lamar

Postby Nobudi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:12 pm

Upgrading the market past 8 slots makes girls undefined, and traits undefined.
Nobudi

Postby Immortallix » Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm

Gotta say I'm digging this concept so far. I'll have more constructive things to say as this goes further along.
Immortallix
Newly Registered

Postby meismike » Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:23 am

Thanks for the kind words and bug reports everyone! I just updated the first post with the fixes. I also made it so you can change the girls name by clicking it in the dorms.
meismike

Postby meismike » Tue Oct 14, 2014 2:20 am

No update yet, but I am working on it. I think it's time to actually add a brothel to this "Brothel Sim Game."

So far the brothel menu is similar to the streets menu, but with men instead of street types. Each man has different tastes, (like hair color or breast size, maybe stats as well) and if you meet them you will get extra money. I might have it so that some clients wont accept anyone without certain traits, but that could just be annoying. I also plan to have a popularity stat for the brothel witch you can increase with marketing or just satisfying customers. This will effect the number of people who show up each day.

Tell me what you think!
meismike

Postby Lelouchvi12 » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:25 am

Are you planning to put in a save system because i hate getting so far along then closing it and losing everything i had just done
Lelouchvi12
Newly Registered

Postby meismike » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:05 pm

I will make a save system, sooner or later. I've never actually done that before so I will need to learn how, anyone have any tips?
meismike

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:07 pm

You'll want to look into SharedObjects, a good tutorial is here: http://gamedev.michaeljameswilliams.com ... torial-11/
Anonymouse

Postby Ahriya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:25 am

Lurker here, finally coming out of the woodwork for this game.

I'm honestly in love with everything you have here, the concept is solid, the art is appealing [What isn't a place-holding box] and the text has a lot of flavor and charm. I'm quite excited to watch this progress!
Ahriya

Postby Haydenetrom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 4:06 pm

Pretty cool game and a good start. I wouldn't mind doing the writing for you.
Haydenetrom
Newly Registered

Postby meismike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:29 am

Just uploaded the new version!

Thanks for the suggestion Anonymouse, ill look at that.
meismike

Postby SirBalto » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:35 am

Depending which I entered last, I get the page out of total (for example 1/6 or 1/4) of either the brothel or the market appearing in the office menu. So the menu would read "More Girls 1/4". The cost for upgrade that exceed four digits loses any number past the fourth digit (More Girls Cost: $1000 when $10,000 is required). Lastly when I own seven girls, all new girls i purchase become undefined.
SirBalto

Postby meismike » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:39 pm

Damn I thought I fixed that 7 girls thing. But thanks for the bug report, I'll take a look.
meismike

Postby racso44 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 9:59 pm

Heya. Really like your concept and the game itself is looking good so far. I haven't really encountered many other bugs other than the text seem to go off the screen. Could be just because of the state the game is in.
I feel like I should throw this in now as the game is in early development and of course this is a subjective thing. However the fact that you can only see the penis of the guy kinda puts me off. I don't know if you had any plans of every making/using full male models, so just throwing it in there.

Other than that, looks great man. Keep up the good work.
racso44

Postby meismike » Thu Nov 06, 2014 4:13 am

Unfortunately, I don't have a good male model, or male faces. There is the old Link model, but it would be pretty weird to have every dude in a tunic.
meismike

Postby CodeEvo » Thu Nov 06, 2014 6:53 am

I like the proyect and have been following it for some time and I was wondering if the building are place holder and you have some future art planned for the future
CodeEvo

Postby meismike » Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:34 am

Yeah, just about everything is placeholder. I can't draw for shit, so I'm looking for someone to help me with that stuff.
meismike

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects