Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

Postby ElPresidente » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:01 pm

This looks incredibly promissing
ElPresidente

Postby Entropy960 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:21 am

Well you came to the right place for flash programmers, the animations you have here are good for starters
Entropy960

Postby GoRepeat » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:01 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Well you're not doing anything right now, gorepete. Why don't you help him out? Btw, my offer still stands, If you want me to do code it, I can. Or if i can have the .fla or at least steal your concept art, I can get something working.

Who said I am not working on anything?!?!!? Eh?!!??!? They are such nice sprites though....
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby FCDandyton » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:38 am

Well, I think, after all this time, I'm going to say that I'm not - again - looking for a programmer.

You can see what I've got done so far. I'll rearrange the first post of this to be a bit more concise. I know there are some flash-game producers who can do it all, but really, I preferred focusing on the art. I thought it was coming along nicely too.

Anyways, if you're a flash/actionscript programmer! Buddy! Have I got a deal for you.

Oh, and I'm totally willing to work with a programmer - ie, change the direction of the game, the influence, etc. It WOULD be nice if we could use some of these AMAZING graphics I did though... >.>''
FCDandyton

Postby meismike » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 pm

I've been kicking myself ever since I missed this chance the first time. I would love to work with you. I am, however an AS2 guy so I hope that's not a problem.

Also I made LoZ: Bow of Boning if anyone has been here that long.
meismike

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:21 am

Y'all niggas need to work something out. I'm gonna be busy learning network stuff at school, so I don't wanna commit to anything. I'll start studying up on multiplayer things, though.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Coasini » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:29 pm

Well, as I said before, I am interested in this project, FCD..
Coasini
Newly Registered

Postby inkhryptedQuery » Thu Jul 24, 2014 8:58 pm

Hey guys, FCDandyton, nulcul,

I just came upon this project and I wanted to say that these animations are some of the best I have ever seen here on LOK. I just joined the forums just to reply to this thread.

I am a full-stack web applications engineer who also writes flash action script as2/as3.
I mainly play lead rapid prototyper and architecture for projects(melee & sniper)

I can't _dedicate_ any time to this project so I would never be able to promise the same work or quality as nulcul, but I really want to help this project since the artwork is simply .. The best.

If nulcul creates a repository(i can git or svn, but prefer git) somewhere, I can promise to build clean modular stuff for nulcul to use and hopefully cut down on his development time. No need to explain anything, I've seen hundreds of coding styles. I'll find my own way around.

For nulcul:
Relevant skills
-- AS3
-- OOP
-- Rapid Prototyping (but it'll be dirty .. >_>)
-- Can help brainstorm high level architecture
-- git/svn
-- 4-5 hrs a week
-- Standards fluid
-- I document

If you want, when you're deeper into the project, you can call me up to build unit tests to help make sure you're never breaking anything you've previously built. Or just set me on some bugs you don't want to hunt on your own. :]
inkhryptedQuery

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:21 pm

inkhryptedQuery Wrote:-professional coding snip-

With 4-5 hours a week and AS2/3 experience, I don't doubt that you could handle the majority of game programming for a project. I would highly suggest looking into existing models and animations and creating a prototype game. With your skills, given a fairly precise project scope and design goals you should be capable of making a prototype game engine within the week to drum up animation help and other assistance.

If you're more interested in FCDandyton's art and animations, you should consider taking lead on the project. Pretty much everyone here is an amateur with limited time devotion and experience, so taking the lead on the project might assist nulcul significantly.

At the current time you're unable to send nulcul messages directly, but if nulcul sends you his contact information you can discuss privately and otherwise you can get your post count up to 10 to send private messages.

Good luck with everything,
~ZK
Zeus Kabob

Postby inkhryptedQuery » Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 pm

Ah, just caught up on the total of the project ..

That's bummer-ish. Well, whoever gets the programming job or if nulcul comes back, the offer still stands. I'm currently working on my own private projects, but my engine is being built for HTML5 Canvas .. And it's isometric :[

Flash is a resource hungry monster which is why it hasn't been succeeding.
Support has been dropping for years, and Adobe hasn't done anything new with it since they bought Macromedia.

Canvas can more easily access the GPU.

Also FCD .. If there aren't enough programmers to go around .. I would be willing to trade code for sprites :3, But I'm looking for non-H work. Dunno if that's a social faux-pas here.

I can build in Flash or Canvas, nothing would have to change on your end. However, I just think Javascript is more of a delight to work with, and it has better memory allocation than Flash ever will. Also, no flash plugin required, just a modern browser.

Also, I can brainstorm, but I wouldn't collaborate much on story or plot for "FantaSEED" .. You seem like you've got an amazing idea already, and would rather just build game mechanics. I like to be surprised. With plots and stuff.

Personally, nulcul was saying he could build an engine in a week. I can build an engine in a week too .. But I don't think I could build a game in a week. I'm more used to 'evolving' projects where ideas come and need to be prototyped and added on.

That's why I'm badass at modular development. (like legos ..)

Also, I've got CS6 .. Have you tried ..

http://i.imgur.com/o4NwA99.png

So that people with CS5 can open your documents.
inkhryptedQuery

Postby Cockpleaser » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:06 pm

Come onnnnnnnnn don't quit now! You've come so far with an AMAZING game idea! I really really really hope you haven't given up cus I've been SO excited for this!
Cockpleaser
Newly Registered

Postby FCDandyton » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:48 am

Hey guys.

Sorry I haven't been around more. Nulcul kind of left me hanging here. Gorepete did send me some things to try to help me but I kind of got disinterested and wandered off to another project (not hentai/flash).

That said, I think there's a lot of good work I did here and I INTEND to come back to this project in maybe a month or so.

Sorry to be a cock-tease and keeping you all-ready with no place to go. But I did want you all to know that I'm NOT done with this, and I want to come back and finish it. Or at LEAST complete a set of assets (animations, characters, backgrounds) that can be used for other games and flash stuff.

Cheers,

~FCD

P.S. I really appreciate all the feedback. It really makes me excited to get back to this project when I hear that people are excited about it. ALSO. If you have any ideas / suggestions for me, let me know.
FCDandyton

Postby JamesB » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:47 am

I'm new to the forum (although granted I've been lurking for a couple of weeks) but just wanted to pop my posting cherry to add my voice to those above - you're a very skilled artist FCDandyton and I can't wait to see you back and more of your work.

Man, I'm almost tempted to make a game myself just to try to persuade you to get on board, but I'll use my last gasp of willpower to resist the idea.
JamesB
Newly Registered

Postby MadBob » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:55 pm

If you're still not interested, here's some interesting reading: http://higherorderfun.com/.../the-guide-to-implementing-2d-platformers/
I might have a go at creating a generic platform game engine in flash incorporating some of the theories and ideals of this article, but I havent used Flash since it was still owned by Macromedia :P

Edit: After a bit of browsing, I found DragonBones. Why aren't we all using this for AS3-based games? It makes transitions between animations become seamless. It also nicely separates the artistry from the game code making them separate jobs for separate people. Of course it will require both the artist and the coder to learn how to use it first, and this is where I decide to stand back and say I can't really help you with either, but I really think its worth a look. One downside I think is that it generates bitmap sprites for each body part, but for this particular project I doubt its a problem because you draw your graphics outside of flash.
MadBob
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:48 pm

MadBob Wrote:If you're still not interested, here's some interesting reading: http://higherorderfun.com/.../the-guide-to-implementing-2d-platformers/
I might have a go at creating a generic platform game engine in flash incorporating some of the theories and ideals of this article, but I havent used Flash since it was still owned by Macromedia :P

Edit: After a bit of browsing, I found DragonBones. Why aren't we all using this for AS3-based games? It makes transitions between animations become seamless. It also nicely separates the artistry from the game code making them separate jobs for separate people. Of course it will require both the artist and the coder to learn how to use it first, and this is where I decide to stand back and say I can't really help you with either, but I really think its worth a look. One downside I think is that it generates bitmap sprites for each body part, but for this particular project I doubt its a problem because you draw your graphics outside of flash.

I'm for this. Yes it does convert your art to image files, but the size of those files will be determined by the animator prior to converting, so you can make the images pretty big at the expense of performance, but it's still a very optimal and easy to use system for both coders and animators. Not to mention the ability to switch between poses seamlessly and effectively as you mentioned above. Honestly Dragon bones was very easy to learn coming from both an animator and coder perspective.
Terrantor!!!

Postby MadBob » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:59 pm

FCDandyton Wrote:... But I did want you all to know that I'm NOT done with this, and I want to come back and finish it. Or at LEAST complete a set of assets (animations, characters, backgrounds) that can be used for other games and flash stuff.

JamesB Wrote:Man, I'm almost tempted to make a game myself just to try to persuade you to get on board, but I'll use my last gasp of willpower to resist the idea.

I'm more than tempted. In fact I've been following tutorials on how to use GameMaker with Spine to make a sidescroller/platformer game with skeletal character animations however you want (but not in flash :P). I built a platformer with little squares for characters and it has all the physics and controls of Megaman X (wall jumps included!) but my art skills are sorely lacking. I also did a quick run through from scribbles in Photoshop, to building a skeleton in spine, to importing it into GameMaker. If I can do that in two days, I'm pretty sure I can have a demo of something really nice for you very soon. If you would like to work with me on a non-Flash game (hentai or not) my body is ready.

PS: Photoshop generator makes working in Spine pure joy!
MadBob
Newly Registered

Postby CooverJes » Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:54 am

Hey FCDandyton, you have quite the talent! If you're still looking for a programmer, I'd be honored to implement your artwork within my code. If you're interested in making a nice game together, let me know!
CooverJes
Newly Registered

Postby Galaran » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:43 pm

was poking through this thread and wow, the anims are amazing! the sorceress chick is shmexy as all fuck, would love to see anything more come out of it.
Incredibly impressive work!
Galaran

Postby Weirdo » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:01 am

Galaran Wrote:was poking through this thread and wow, the anims are amazing! the sorceress chick is shmexy as all fuck, would love to see anything more come out of it.
Incredibly impressive work!

totally agree with that
Weirdo

Postby Mattis » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:41 am

Yop yop !

Magnificent graphics and animations, there, dude !

I don't know where you're at, now, regarding your needs, plans and everything, but if you still search for a programmer/polyvalent guy, I'm interested too.
I'm the guy behind KoPC, YTPP games, Sex Pit, and other TiT collab games, if you want to find my pages and games to show what I'm capable of, just look up mattis games.

If you think there may be stuff to be done together, we should discuss it, to try to find common grounds.
For example, doing collab allows me to work far more on my programming/gameplay skills, to do much more refined things, and I'm up to start an evolutive mmo... if only I could find a graphist a minimum reliable, lol ! (because my own art is kind of crap !)
Anyway I define my collabs on what the artist can/want to do, usually, so, everything's open...

[MOD EDIT]
Mattis

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects