Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

Postby FCDandyton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:19 pm

Not quite sure what you mean, Biles.

If you mean, like, her face then yes. There are a number of sections in that basic loop that I kind of passed over. The lack of motion between her lower and upper torso. Lack of motion in her 'plume' (those frilly black things on her back). Lack of motion on her hair. All those are things I'd like to address, yes. There are a lot of places in the various animations I've done so far where I'd like to go back and touch up or redo, but at this points I'm just trying to get the basics done, with the idea being that I can go back and fix everything up later.

Zeus Kabob, RuebenRybnick, and Bartangelus - I really appreciate the positive feedback. Encouragement definitely helps me do what it is that I do here. I'm happy to work on my arts, I just don't like it when it seems like it's all for nothing, so hearing that people are watching and excited about this project really lets me know that my efforts aren't wasted.

RuebenRybnick - There will DEFINITELY be more kinky hot hentai animations. This is just the tip. Heh... just the tip. Heh heh.

Bartangelus - We absolutely need to put together our 'game' thread here, but at the moment I'm waiting to hear back from my partner. I get the impression that Nulcul is busy with life/work, and I know I've drug the project past the 'month' that it was expected to take. Either way, we definitely need to get a thread like that posted up.

~FCD
FCDandyton

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:31 pm

I know nul is your lead dev, but i'm pretty sure that since this is just a heat em up, i can build an engine very quickly for you. Just to see how things will look and play. If that will motivate you to continue work, i'd be much obliged.
Terrantor!!!

Postby FCDandyton » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:30 pm

I'm very appreciative for the offer, Terrantor, but I'm sticking with Nul until I hear otherwise from him. It's VERY tempting to see something mocked up, but I feel like that would be stepping on his toes. He said he was in it for the long haul and I believe him. I just know that sometimes life can get in the way of things like this and it's okay if working on a little hentai-flash game isn't on his top priorities. >.< Family and all that come first.
FCDandyton

Postby Biles » Sat Jun 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Well for example, her thighs could move just subtly, her hair bouncing as well as those 6 feathers behind her.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby FCDandyton » Sun Jun 08, 2014 2:06 am

I was thinking about giving some animation to how her thighs would move as the Cyclops lifts her up and puts her back down. There's a lot more motion that can really go on there, but it gets to the point where it's just hard to keep track of all the movement with so many frame-delays.

And when I say that I need to animate her 'plume', those those six-feathers on her back. Her plume. Feather. Whatever. But yeah. LOTS to still do.
FCDandyton

Postby fencer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:49 am

I really like how this is turning out can't wait to see more :)
fencer
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Jun 13, 2014 5:58 am

Looking good on my galaxy tab 3!! :) keep up the great work!!
Terrantor!!!

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:43 pm

Very good game concept - and very good arts and animations. I hope you will make cool game soon ;) :mrgreen: Really great work!!
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Coasini » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:15 pm

nulcul -

Any progress on the game engine?
Coasini
Newly Registered

Postby spartansen » Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:54 pm

dear FCD,
you are amazing! the art is very good. and everyone else working, keep it up! :)
spartansen

Postby rofloski » Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:24 am

FCDandyton Wrote:I was thinking about giving some animation to how her thighs would move as the Cyclops lifts her up and puts her back down. There's a lot more motion that can really go on there, but it gets to the point where it's just hard to keep track of all the movement with so many frame-delays.

And when I say that I need to animate her 'plume', those those six-feathers on her back. Her plume. Feather. Whatever. But yeah. LOTS to still do.

The animation looks completely fine and there is a certain style/charm in not modeling everything exactly to the real world. It accomplishes it's goal(of giving me a boner) and sometimes too much motion distracts from the "important" areas. You're making something that is meant to be fun and entertaining, not a 3d computer simulation of the world with a perfect physics engine.

Please don't feel like you have to spend 50 hours just to make a few feathers wiggle that adds almost nothing to the fun or entertainment value of the game.
rofloski
Newly Registered

Postby konamicode13 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 5:22 am

I'm liking it a lot so far, even though I'm not a big fan of belly deformation. I know it's fantasy, but I can't get past how much it would mess up her organs X(

The character models look amazing, though, and you're doing extremely well with the animations. I'm always blown away by the talent that finds its way to these forums, and I really hope this has been a pleasant place to post your work. I hope it continues to come together!
konamicode13

Postby FCDandyton » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:23 am

Thanks for all the feedback on my arts!

I'm really glad you all are liking what I've done so far. The idea was to deliver above average quality art and animations. :)

I'm hoping to hear from my programming partner, Nulcul, soon. It's been... a while... and if it keeps on like this I might have to start thinking about looking for another partner. :/ I've been kind of demotivated since he hasn't been around, but I hope to keep working on this.

Thanks for your feed back. All of your words help!

~FCD
FCDandyton

Postby FurrinGok » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:45 am

Before you look into getting another programmer to help you out (if even just temporarily), I'd recommend sending a private message to Nulcul about the situation, along with a notice that if he doesn't respond in two weeks (or more) you'll look into other programmers. In this setting I don't think a two weeks warning is so necessary, but it's always nice to include it.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:11 pm

I think he said something about not being able to work for some time, so it's not like you have to let him go or anything. Just don't let it bring you down. I know what it's like to feel overwhelmed and uncertain. You just gotta hang in there, man. Your work is looking great!!! It's strange to see a great artist that is so good at animation actually willing to partake in the smutfests on this site, it's relieving. I really wanna see this project come through. If you feel he isn't gonna reply, fuck it, find a temp programmer, there are tons on this site. but just don't lose your spirits after you've come so far.
Terrantor!!!

Postby omicron » Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:45 am

WOW :shock:

This game is looking incredible. I haven't seen art like this in a LOK game in a while. I really like the shading and textures, it goes above and beyond! Cant wait to see a demo!
omicron

Postby GoRepeat » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:12 am

Great sprites! This looks really nice - I love your characters.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby FCDandyton » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:53 pm

Hullo!

Just wanted to post and say: THANK YOU for all the positive feedback. :)

I'm taking a break from working on this thing - obviously - but wanted to confirm that I'm going to be coming back to it. Honestly, without a programmer I'm kind of back to square one.

I really don't want to have to fight with all the artwork and animation AND have to deal with all the coding as well. Hopefully I can get another programmer because it seems that Nulcul has had life intrude on our little project here.
FCDandyton

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:49 pm

Well you're not doing anything right now, gorepete. Why don't you help him out? Btw, my offer still stands, If you want me to do code it, I can. Or if i can have the .fla or at least steal your concept art, I can get something working.
Terrantor!!!

Postby omp123 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:45 am

Can't preach what Ivan said any harder; don't vectorize your backgrounds. Your platforms should be invisible (or covered-up) plain rectangles/simple shapes with bitmap graphic overlays to cover up the raw surfaces where the hitbox detection is actually made. Also, the vectored character sprites should not be hitboxes themselves; make separate invisible hitbox squares that follow the character that do all the platform and combat detection.

Finally, for the core platforming engine, you have to think ahead if you want to avoid glitchy platforms. You can't just say "if my character is right on top of the ground, stop falling", because if you land too hard and flash (inevitably) makes you fall through the first few pixels of the top of the platform, your code is fucked and you're either stuck in the ground, wall, or falling right through, because you're technically not "right on top of the ground." Some engines remedy this by detecting the overlap and commanding the object to move upwards or sideways until you're free from the overlap, but that's reactive, and a good engine should be proactive. So you need to code your collision detection to "anticipate" the ground or wall. You need to tell it to "check to see if the ground is at least 5 pixels away, and if so, move down one pixel at a time until the ground is one pixel below your character, then stop falling". (Despite moving one pixel at a time at that rate, it shouldn't slow down your fall. Also make the distance of that "ground check" relative to the rate of falling. If max gravity is 15 pixels while falling, make the detection 15 pixels.) I forget if flash uses pixels as its unit of distance measurement, but this is the mindset you need to avoid falling through the floor or wall. If you're 5 pixels away from the ground and traveling at a speed of 10 pixels, you're going to clip right through the ground in that 5 pixel gap.
omp123

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects