Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

Postby FCDandyton » Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:52 am

Hello,

I've been lurking here for some time now and finally decided that I should post something. I'm an artist who works in Flash (among other things). For a few years I've toyed around with doing flash hentai games, but I haven't had much success. I've had some success, but I think it might be worth it to find someone to help me with these projects. So. Now I am here!

I don't have any preconceived ideas as to what kind of project or game to do. I'd hope to do something small to start off with. Maybe a platformer, shooter or adventure game. If you feel you're comfortable programming those kind of things let me know and we'll see what we can put together.

I've included an attachment of my artwork (which I'll try to display below), so you can gauge my ability. I'm also comfortable animating in flash as well. I can post some of my anims here but... well... only if people are INTERESTED. >.>

I can do other kind of artwork as well. Including cell-shading art, digital painting and comic book style. Not really sure which to use with flash, so all of the images in the attachment were from a set of simple graphics I used.

That's pretty much it. If you're handy with flash and want to collaborate with an artist on a hentai game? Reply here and send me a note.

Ciao,

~FCD
Attachments
FCDandytonArt1.png
FCDandyton

Re: Looking for Flash Programmer for Game (art, NSFW)

Postby napala » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:23 pm

Just from these images, I could imagine a platformer, or shooter game. Whatever it is, it's always pleasant to see new art styles in this forum.
IMHO, you should make the enormous breasts thing an optional feature, if its not hard to do it.
napala

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:27 pm

Just to give my 3 cents, I loved the images so far (even more the 'big boobs') ;) And to repeat what Apalapan said: I imagine a platform /adventure game (you know, a platformer like LOK or Mario with some adventure, like collecting something along the levels while talking to someone and doing actions).
Ivan-Aedler

Postby FCDandyton » Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:16 pm

I had honestly been thinking of doing a platformer, but I wanted to make sure that the engine behind the graphics was solid.

A lot of flash games have glitchy platform engines, or can suffer from slow down, or just don't look very good, and I while I can make sure the pictures look good, I want to make sure that the programming behind it does a good job of being efficient and that the game doesn't glitch.

I had been thinking about platfomer kind of like Mario is Missing, or Corta's platformer, only a bit more lean. Both games are good the graphics and looks of them just tend to get a little jumbled in some of the levels. In any case, the design is something I want to focus on AFTER I've found someone who is comfortable programming this kind of stuff. :)

If you know of a programmer I'd be glad to talk to them.

And yes, I love big boobs. I had several different sizes I did for those images but I guess I got carried away with the big ones. Oh well, I'm ethusiastic.

~FCD
FCDandyton

Postby FurrinGok » Thu May 01, 2014 6:05 am

Was there an actual animation of the green-thing and the large breasted lady, or just two still photos? I'd like to see how you animate the moving of the breasts in that.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby FCDandyton » Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 am

Alright, well... you talked me into it.

This is from a while back now, but I was working on something along the lines of Mario is Missing and Corta's Platformer.

I'm not really that good at Actionscript, but I thought it worked reasonably well.

This Flash contains nudity, sex, bestiality, goon/ogre-sex, huge tits and sexy chicks.

P.S. I simply attached the .swf file. It's around 500kb. I hope it works for everyone. >.>
Attachments
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

GirlyGirlv2.swf [ 524.88 KiB | Viewed 27095 times ]

FCDandyton

Postby Escurse » Thu May 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Hey,

I've not done a platformer before, but I'm alright with AS3. I've done a shooter before, and an adventure game sounds easy enough. The catch is, I'm using CS4, and Adobe has it so that you can only legacy down 1 generation (CS5 can legacy to CS4, and CS6 can legacy to CS5, but if you're using CS6, you can't go down to CS4).

If that's not a problem, I'd be interested in working with you. I agree starting small is the best way to go, so we can gauge how we work together.
Escurse
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Thu May 01, 2014 5:29 pm

I like it. Your animations look good, my only complaint is that you don't do enough with her facial expressions.

Keep in mind that either of you (FCD or Escurse) can post on the Tutorials forum if you're having trouble with something.
Zeus Kabob

Postby napala » Thu May 01, 2014 5:41 pm

The animations are really good, this is no work from an amateur. Good job :D
napala

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu May 01, 2014 6:22 pm

FCDandyton Wrote:I had honestly been thinking of doing a platformer, but I wanted to make sure that the engine behind the graphics was solid. A lot of flash games have glitchy platform engines, or can suffer from slow down, or just don't look very good, and I while I can make sure the pictures look good, I want to make sure that the programming behind it does a good job of being efficient and that the game doesn't glitch. I had been thinking about platfomer kind of like Mario is Missing, or Corta's platformer, only a bit more lean. Both games are good the graphics and looks of them just tend to get a little jumbled in some of the levels. In any case, the design is something I want to focus on AFTER I've found someone who is comfortable programming this kind of stuff. : )

I understand. I work with AS2, and I have already too much work in my plate those weeks :( Some of them regarding art and animations (not even code itself).
I can give you the engine I use currently but you have to understand it, and in case you are okay to work with AS2. I put the player in the stage, in design time (like Peach), in a level square (MC), like _root.Level.Peach. Then I put code inside her in the first frame of the main MC timeline, like

Code: Select All Code
_root.Level.Peach.gravity=6;
_root.Level.Peach.lives=3;
_root.Level.Peach.horny=0;
_root.Level.Peach.do_this_once.......
_root.Level.Peach.do_that_once.......

_root.Level.Peach.onEnterFrame=function() {
//this is the main loop of things she will interact with and what will occur to her. Movement and Gravity  are also handled.
}

A thing I can say to you with 99% of sureness. The main problem of flash platform games is THE VECTORS themselves (They eat too much CPU), not the code (because you can have like 1000 IF code without making the game slower), so its better to put them as RENDERED BITMAPS, or just import bitmaps (mostly for backgrounds). And for other vector shapes (like the character itself), as we dont want to lose quality, we let them still as vectors, but we need to OPTIMIZE it, with fewer points (curves). The lesser, the better.

I have some items to say about your animations above (I loved them, really!) ;)

1 - There are some bugs (In one of them, one of her hands is still with default outfit - blue, and in another, its her boobs with that problem). I think you just need to make sure that these animations has 'movie clip' configuration to her body parts, instead of 'image'. Also you need to make sure if you are using the changeable hands/boobs correctly on those scenes.

2- Could you add a new outfit setting (naked apron)? Maybe add a new outfit for all body parts, making some 'empty' (like some of the already made outfits) or just a button to make the apron appear when she is naked (Apron._visible=true)?

naked apron.jpg
naked apron.jpg (13.7 KiB) Viewed 27010 times

Now there are suggestions (image below).

tips.jpg
tips.jpg (38.33 KiB) Viewed 27014 times

FCDandyton Wrote:If you know of a programmer I'd be glad to talk to them.

There are some in the site: HumminBird0, Gorepete, Anonymouse, just to name a few. You can ask in the Tutorial section, like Zeus said.
viewforum.php?f=29

FCDandyton Wrote:And yes, I love big boobs. I had several different sizes I did for those images but I guess I got carried away with the big ones. Oh well, I'm ethusiastic.

I love boobs as well ;) Maybe you can make a third boob size? (between the largest and small your character already have?)

Take care!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby FCDandyton » Thu May 01, 2014 6:55 pm

Escurse: I'm currently using Flash CS6, which I have access to via the Flash Creative Cloud. If I was able to somehow get a copy of Flash CS4 then I'd like to talk more with you about what we can do. :)

Zeus Kabob: I didn't even KNOW there was a Tutorial section in this site. Thanks! I still am hoping to find a programmer. Art is what I do best and I would prefer to focus on that instead of slogging through code and stuff.

Apalapan: Thanks! :)

Ivan-Aedler: Thanks for the tip about the rendered bitmaps. That's something I've been toying with. Getting an image to look nice in, like, Photoshop, isn't too difficult for me, so I could definitely employ that kind of technique.

I didn't include the above Flash as an example of what I'd like to do. It's just an example of the kind of art an animation I'm capable of. I know that there are issues with the code. That's why I want to find a programmer.

To address the 'bugs'...

First, I went into this project knowing virtually nothing about how they handled the costumes and animation in Mario is Missing, so I had to create all of it myself. Subdividing her body parts so that I could properly change the clothing, yet also animate everything, was a real challenge. It's also one of the reasons, I think, that she doesn't have that good of facial expressions. This is why I want to find a programmer who knows what they're doing / how to organize the graphics. I can totally make nice graphics, but I don't want the headache of trying to figure all this stuff out for myself.

Second, I'm not really interested in editing the current .swf. That was just for demonstration purposes only.

Third, I know there are some points where the graphics aren't seamless. I was just experimenting with what I had available. Those are issues I'm willing to address if I have a good system going on behind it, and a clear art direction.

Lastly, there IS a third boob size. Select an outfit you like and then hit the "Next Scene" button. There will be a boob size button on that scene that you can use to cycle between three sizes.

Oh! And the controls are:

Arrow Keys - Move left and right
A - Attack
FCDandyton

Postby Biles » Thu May 01, 2014 8:25 pm

Looking good so far. Though maybe you wanna consider giving your char the ability to bend her feet separately, or add kinetic bones to it. Also, how many anchor points are used to draw her?
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby FCDandyton » Fri May 02, 2014 3:47 am

Look, the flash I attached is NOT something I'm working on. It was just to demonstrate that, YES, I can animate as well as do other art.

The topic of the thread is that I'm looking for a programmer. I would love to work with someone on a game which utilizes awesome graphics. That flash is easily 3 years old. I'm sure I can do better now.

Please try to keep this on topic. If you're a programmer, then I'd like to talk with you about collaborating on a project.
FCDandyton

Postby Escurse » Fri May 02, 2014 6:06 am

FCDandyton Wrote:Escurse: I'm currently using Flash CS6, which I have access to via the Flash Creative Cloud. If I was able to somehow get a copy of Flash CS4 then I'd like to talk more with you about what we can do. :)

Sounds good. Likewise, I'll let you know if ever I upgrade to CS6, but it's not something that would be happening all that soon. :)
Escurse
Newly Registered

Postby nulcul » Tue May 06, 2014 10:19 am

Hey, I'm a long time lurker as well, and an experienced flash as3 programmer. I primarily work with raster art in flashdevelop and flixel, but I've been looking into SWC files and using flash vectors recently. I'd be up for a small platformer project over the next few weeks or months (depending on how busy you are), to test out running vectors through a solid SWF code framework. Because believe me, those jenky platformer controls in otherwise quality games are the bane of my existence.

I'd prefer to keep this anonymous, since H projects could negatively impact my public image, but I've made a few flash games that you might have heard of. This forum is unfortunately lacking in content, and it would be great to give back after all the years I've been here. O_O

Let's definitely keep it simple to start, so we can get an H project under our belts. My personal tastes are hypnotism, enslavement, really anything control-related (typical programmer, lol), so it would be awesome to design something including those elements. I have so many ideas I've written down, but I think you should give some input to the design, too. What setting would you want to work in? Fantasy, Sci Fi, School Sex Zombies?

Also, what timeline are you thinking? Well defined deadlines are key for a successful project.
nulcul

Postby FCDandyton » Tue May 06, 2014 4:43 pm

Nulcul,

Normally I would've sent you a Private Message about this. Looks like we'll be having this conversation out here. Oh well.

I also am using a pseudonym and would prefer to keep that as such as well. While my professional work has included some hentai I don't like to broadcast it - it's something I enjoy to do a bit of, but isn't really my focus.

Everything you're saying is making a lot of sense to me. I also work best with deadlines and I think that having clear goals, a timetable, and a design that's easy to work with are fundamental to doing a successful project.

So, getting right to business...

Above, I said I hadn't quite decided what kind of project to work it. I could be a platformer, it could be a point and click adventure, it could be a shooter, or any kind of game that we could incorporate. That said, I think the modular design of a platform game would make it easiest on me to do the artwork for.

Second, I hadn't really come to a decision on what kind of setting I wanted to work in. I wanted to collaborate on it. Though, for me, only two real settings come to mind. I'll list them and give you a chance to think about which one appeals to you.

Fantasy - We're talking hot elf babes, sorceresses, outlandish monsters, demons, oozes, dominating overlords and controlling wizards. Our heroine could be a sword wielding hottie who can slice (or seduce??) her way through a dungeon of baddies. There could also be a 'town' aspect, with 'shops' or aspects like an adventure game. Like, where you get quests to do into different zones, recover relics, then come back to down and sleep with your sexy-hot quest-giver. Etc. Some of those ideas are a little more complex than a basic project, I understand, but that would all be on the board there.

Visually, this setting makes me think of classic games like Actraiser and Skyblazer, but with the twist of having a bunch of hot chicks in them.

Sci-Fi - For this, imagine chicks in sexy, skin tight oufits, bizarre but stylish ray guns, sexy powered armor, locales from oozing alien hives to sleek space stations. Enemies both robotic and organic. Non-sentient 'creeping' aliens, good for blasting, to fully intelligent, mind-controlling grey aliens. I have less ideas of the top of my head for this, but there's a strong tradition for these games. Incorporating other elements like alternate vision modes or other 'super' abilities would be something on the horizon for this kind of game, but wouldn't be anywhere on the radar for the purposes of this basic project.

Visually, there's only one game that I think really captures this setting, and that's, of course, Super Metroid, and the other Metroid games. Only... of course with bigger boobs and more sex.

I'm comfortable working in either setting, and if you don't have a preference, Nulcul, I'll just go ahead and make a call. At this point, I think the setting and story should help support the actual structure of the project, so I'm pretty flexible about it.

Once we've got a setting figured out, I can do some concept artwork and we can talk a bit about what the primary interactions of the game are going to be. Ie, assuming it's a platformer (which it doesn't have to be, but just... assuming it is), does our heroine bop enemies by jumping on them? Does she shoot them? Does she use melee weapons? Does she collect coins? Are there breakable blocks? Do they have a health meter? Etc.

If you're up for it, I think we could spend the next week roughing out a game design document and doing some of the concept artwork so that we could get a clear handle on everything before beginning production.

I hope you're as excited by this project as I am.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

~FCD
FCDandyton

Postby nulcul » Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 pm

I thought a little more about this, and I think I have a game concept for a small project. We could do a running game in the style of Shinobi Girl (pioneered by LineMarvel afaik). The benefits are that we only need a couple enemies and player animations minimum, and we can expand the number of enemies and H scenes easily if we have extra time.

Required player animations would be: stand, walk, jump, crouch, maybe attack (instead of just dodging).
Required enemy animations would be: stand (or walk / fly if moving), death (if player can attack), and one H scene.

We could also add masturbation or special scenes at the end of each level, but I think for a small project that's about the limit of what we can do.

One of my concepts is a sleepwalking girl who walks to her roommate's room every night to fuck him. As she goes through the corridor she dreams about monsters (so the enemies are pretty open ended), and if she doesn't make it, she has rape nightmares (gameover). But there are many directions we could go with this, so I'm curious to hear your input.

Your character designs and animations are the reason I stopped lurking, so I'm kind of hoping you have some good ideas too! I can't PM until after 10 approved messages, so I'm going to keep rambling here until then.
nulcul

Postby nulcul » Wed May 07, 2014 5:57 pm

FCD,
Yeah, I would have PM'd as well, but it seems we need ten posts to get that feature. It also appears there is a 24 hour delay on post approval, so if my posts don't make sense it's because I'm responding one post behind...

I'm okay working in any setting, and really I think the visual style is the artist's call. I mostly work in mechanics, designing from the bottom up, because basically sci fi = technology and fantasy = magic, but mechanically they work the same way. I guess I mostly focus on how the game plays and all the systems work together.

I think we both had the same idea about a modular design, where enemies can be added as we go. Since there is this communication delay, let's take a couple days to discuss the basic plan and make sure we're on the same page. Here are all my assumptions, just in case I misread something:
The main character will be female. She will get raped by enemies. Levels will either be simple platformer stages with enemies interspersed (smaller characters, so we'll need to zoom in on H scenes), or linear flat stages with a series of enemies / obstacles. Both of these are doable in a shorter timeframe, so it depends on the design we settle on.

When you mentioned the dungeon in the fantasy description, I actually had another game idea. We could do a dungeon crawler type game, where you fight in a series of RPG battles against enemy mobs. Battles would be quick and seamless (player automatically walks forward in dungeon, next battle starts), and we could use a simple action battle system where right arrow is attack, up arrow is jump/dodge, down arrow is duck/dodge, and left arrow is run away (or seduce). And of course, all the characters could take up a lot of the screen space, so we can see all the "action".

Between quests, you could go through a central hub town and upgrade your outfits / weapons. But yeah, that idea might be outside of scope for this first game. Right now I think one month is a good timeline, so let's keep it simple and make sure the game gets finished.

I've been looking into the SWC importing, and I can play any movieclip from code, and maybe even animate boobs with real physics. If you want to do some mockups for the main character sprites, I can test running them in a raster game engine to see how efficient it is. Both settings you listed sound awesome to me, and I can rewrite game designs to match the art, so the decision is all yours! Let me know which game design ideas you like, too, so I know where to focus.
nulcul

Postby nulcul » Wed May 07, 2014 6:30 pm

I just had a kind of silly idea, and I might as well mention it. What if the main girl is literally controlled by a game controller (through magic or sci fi tech), and there's a guy standing behind her the whole time with a controller! I'm trying to come up with designs where rape is not a penalty or gameover scenario, so maybe the whole idea is to rape-fight enemies to punish this princess / slave / whatever girl. I'm not sure if that idea is really funny or really dark... O_O
nulcul

Postby FCDandyton » Wed May 07, 2014 7:05 pm

I'm familiar with Shinobi Girl and Angel Girl.

I think you're making a lot of sense with how a format like that would definitely help cut down the workload, while giving us a clear direction to go in.

I will say that one thing I don't like about those games is the 'timed' element. And that a lot of the levels are just random mish-mashes of flying phalluses heading towards you. But I think we could definitely run with this idea.

Like, for example, in the original Mario Bros. you couldn't move the screen left. It only shifted right. Also, I'm not against having monsters randomly jumping out of a set to attack the character, but I would like there to be some unique set events. Like... you know, you could set like a spawn list that could do both random and fixed encounters.

Supposing this was a Fantasy Game, and our heroine was a Sorceress, we could have a level with like... orcs and goblins and stuff. A random list could be like...

(RE) Random Encounters: Orc with Mace, Goblin with Dagger, Tripwire Blade Trap

Then we could have a few 'fixed', bigger or individual guys that we could repurpose as we went.

(FG) Fat Goblin
(HO) Huge Orc
(GK) Goblin King
(W) Pallisade Wall

And we could set up an encounter list that generates the encounters as the players move right. Something like...

RE -> RE -> FG -> RE -> HO -> W -> RE -> RE -> HO -> GK

Which, as you move right, would spawn a RE (Random Encounter), RE (Random Encounter), FG (Fat Goblin), etc. etc.

I definitely think something like this could work. Not all of the 'encounters' or spawning monsters have to be potential hentai encounters. They could represent pits and traps and breakable objects, etc.

--

I also gave some thought to your 'Sleeping Girlfriend' idea. And while it's something I could do, I just kind of want to use this opportunity to do something a bit more outlandish, visually. That's why the Sci-Fi setting and Fantasy setting really appeal to me. It gives me an excuse to do all kinds of sexy outfits for the babes, as well as draw wildly themed enemies.

--

Not to get too off on a tangent, but would you consider doing some kind of 'Adventure' game along the lines of Maniac Mansion? Where the player just walks around and can click to interact with the environment or other characters. As they go along they can get involved in various sex-scenes or seduce/interact with other characters?

There's a lot more backgrounds to be done in that setting for sure, but I'm up for that kind of challenge. :)

This isn't a deal-breaker for me, so just let me know what your thoughts are. I definitely want to work with your programming ability, so I'm definitely willing to go in a game-play direction that'll make things a bit easier on you.

~FCD
FCDandyton

Next

Return to Flash Projects