Souls

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Souls

Postby Max3000 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:05 pm

SOULS

Story:

Thousands of years ago, Maya was born to an unmarried mother in ancient greek. As she began to grow adult and have sex for the first time her life changed rapidely. From that time on nightmares hunted her. Always the same dream.

Nightmares that showed her nacked, lying in nature all alone. Deep in the forests, far from civilisation, she eventually stood up and began running through the woods, hoping to find back home. As she ran she became faster and faster, she never has run that fast before. When she looked down her legs she was shocked: That weren’t hers. In the next moment she fell to the ground and woke up safely, but soaked with sweat in her bed.

As these nightmares appeared more frequently, got worse and made her libido increase, there came a moment, when people noticed it. Maya wasn’t behaving the same anymore. Most people avoided her and were afraid of her. And adding to that, also her looks changed from time to time. Some days she had darker skin than usual, her hair color changed from week to week.

Eventually she was put on trial for being a witch. She thought to know the outcome and she accommodated to the thought of being sentenced to death. However, she wasn’t. Instead she was thrown in a dark chamber. She would get to eat and drink daily. Every five years she was allowed to go outside and see her mother. It never happened.

During the first night in the chamber she was robbed by Pluto, god and ruler of the underworld. He told her that she has a great power and that her body transformations were signs for her shape-shiftig ability. He taught her to use these skills to her advantage. And he gave her human victims. In oder to “learn” new shapes she must rob their souls. In return Maya was a servant for Pluto.

With the time Maya and Pluto grew together and fell in love. Together they invaded the Hesperides’ garden, got to the apple tree and ate some of the fruits from it. That made them immortal and gave them eternal youth. However, Pluto still wasn’t able to fulfil Maya’s deepest desires, since her libido increased everytime she robbed a soul.

Still being in love, she was afraid of telling him and instead found a very special way of robbing the souls, which simultanously satisfies her libido and also gets her to learn the new shape. Pluto found out rather fast and became very angry. He told her to not forget he is a god and she is just a mutated human. If he wanted he could always decide upon her life or wether to put her back in the chamber or not. He told her who is in power.

Maya, by that time already as dark hearted as the underworld she now lived in, silently decided to get revenge for that. She played nice and charmed Pluto’s pants off. She bandaged his eyes, they got naked and then Maya proceeded as she would do with a victim. First she fucked his brain out, than out of the void she robbed his soul. She felt happy and satisfied looking into Pluto’s now empty eyes. A cold last breath exhaled from his mouth. She stood up on him, standing on his stomach and began to walk with a brutal step into his face. The other inhabitants of the underworld watched her intently, afraid and also angry of her.

Furios as she has never been before she started her journey back to the world of the living. No human could stop her.

Work in Progress:
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

souls.swf [ 18.42 KiB | Viewed 18384 times ]

10 March 2014
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

• Intro added
  • First attempts to game engine (left, right, down), not very sophisticating though

Outlook
I'm just starting to create the game engine and not doing very well. A new graphic tablet will arrive soon, so art will be added in time.
More info on the game concept, tomorrow. Now I'm going to sleep :D
Max3000

Re: Souls

Postby DactyllionVinnie » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:22 am

I'm actually excited to see how this progresses.
DactyllionVinnie

Postby Matpneumatos » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:31 am

So, what kind of game it will be? the story doesn't tell me that, although the story does sound great, i hope to see more of your game soon!!
Matpneumatos

Postby Nobudi » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:37 am

Interesting.
I'll be lurking around to see how this goes.
Nobudi

Postby Elerneron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:14 am

Is there any reason in particular that you are using the name Pluto instead of the name Hades? While the name of Hades did change to Pluto in later Greek mythology it is more closely associated with Roman mythology. Also are you going to address the issue of Pluto(/Hades)'s wife Persephone, or will that not come into the story? Don't mean to be annoying, I'm just a big mythology devote.
Elerneron

Postby BlueLight » Tue Mar 11, 2014 8:43 am

Have to say that i wasn't sure why you did pluto. Adding on to that, i guess this is a question for Elerneron; but isn;t Hades less evil than common fiction would suggest.... well... then again, the gods were fairly evil in general.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Max3000 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Thank you all for your interest. YOu will not be dissapointed ;)

BlueLight Wrote:Have to say that i wasn't sure why you did pluto. Adding on to that, i guess this is a question for Elerneron; but isn;t Hades less evil than common fiction would suggest.... well... then again, the gods were fairly evil in general.

Elerneron Wrote:Is there any reason in particular that you are using the name Pluto instead of the name Hades? While the name of Hades did change to Pluto in later Greek mythology it is more closely associated with Roman mythology. Also are you going to address the issue of Pluto(/Hades)'s wife Persephone, or will that not come into the story? Don't mean to be annoying, I'm just a big mythology devote.

As far as i know, Pluto is just an euphemism for the name Hades. The greek were afraid of saying Hades, so they stuck with Pluto. However, I didn't checked that when I wrote the story, so I'm sorry for any mistakes. In fact I wasn't thinking about greek mythology that much, when making the concept of the game. I rather just wanted some names with an actual meaning to it ;)

As for the game:
You will play Maya. She and respectively the player is driven by two main forces: The libido/the lust for souls/learning new shapes and the will to see her mother again.
The game is divided into two parts: The first part tells the story of Maya leaving the underworld and getting back to earth. The second part tells the story of Maya searching her mother on earth.

In the first part there will be HPs (Health Points) and LPs (Libido Points). HPs will range from 0 - 10; when they reach 0 game will be over. LP will also range from 0 - 10, but here the game will be over when it reaches 10. When an enemy hits you, you will loose 1HP, when you hit an enemy you will get 1HP, when you rob a soul you will loose 2HPs. When you kill an enemy you will get 1LP, when you take a soul you will loose 1LP. That means that you will need to find a balance, wether to kill or fuck an enemy. One important thing is that in order to learn a shape you must rob a soul, but if you loose a soul, you are not gonna loose the corresponding shape. During the first part the other inhabitants (not human) of the underworld will try to stop your journey.

In the second part you will finally get to use your gathered shapes. Each shape is connected with skills that you may need to kill enemies here on Earth (humans). Here aswell you will need to keep an eye on your HPs and LPs. Since your special way of robbing souls includes fucking your enemies and since you are in fact a rather weak (still sexy) woman, you will need to fuck them in one of the shapes you learned.

That is the basic concept of the game. Still looking for details and such though. So if you have any suggestions let them know me! :)
Max3000

Postby BlueLight » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:19 pm

also your fairly early for witch hunts along with a grossly different culture. Hell, i'd expect her to be either forced to be a maiden of the local shrine or banished.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Elerneron » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:21 pm

BlueLight Wrote:Have to say that i wasn't sure why you did pluto. Adding on to that, i guess this is a question for Elerneron; but isn;t Hades less evil than common fiction would suggest.... well... then again, the gods were fairly evil in general.

It's true. Our modern culture associates Hades/Pluto with Satan and therefore evil; but one must keep in mind that the realm of Hades encompassed both Tartarus (Hell) and the Elysium Fields (Heaven). There was a degree of fear associated with Hades that springs from the fear of death. Hades is also the god of wealth, and had the most physical wealth of any of the gods, which is commonly overlooked in modern fiction. The biggest flaw to Hades personality in mythology was that he was extraordinarily greedy. He was a miser with both wealth and the souls of the dead; he was loath to part with either but he especially would not part with souls. Only on one occasion did he agree to part with a soul, the story of Orpheus; but in the end Orpheus's doubt saw to it that Hades didn't even loose that soul.
Elerneron

Postby corta » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:16 pm

I've always been the tl;dr type, but uhh.. the colours are nice.

got my eye on this one! ;)
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby someone_unkown » Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:09 pm

Fucking the life out of somebody........ Gotta say It sounds like an interesting concept.
someone_unkown

Postby Terrantor!!! » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:18 am

Hey, max! How will the game play out? If you're doing a scroller, I already made a pretty smooth looking engine built more for cinematography. All it really needs is art. If you wanna use it and spend more time on art, let me know. I'd say our coder to artist ratio is highly unbalanced in favor of coders, so I'd like to see more left brain on dis site, honestly, lol. But yeah, back to the engine, it's extremely easy to build maps.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Biles » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:19 pm

BTW, you may wanna tell the viewers to hit the spacebar button to progress through the scenes. For a long while I was forced to use the right-click method until I accidentally stumble on to the spacebar.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby 9911MU51C » Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:49 am

I too will be watching this. Good luck OP
9911MU51C

Postby Tymon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:51 am

This sounds pretty interesting...