Fetish Forever Demo (Female/Multi-Fetish/Sound)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Fetish Forever Demo (Female/Multi-Fetish/Sound)

Postby CleverDerpy » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:44 pm

Hiya, Imma lurker that just recently got into flash based development, The flash is too big to host here (almost 100 mb), so I posted a link below hosted on my own private server, if anyone has any suggestions for posting this large file here without being overwhelming, I'm all ears.

You can find the link to the flash here (Warning, very large, good internet connection recommended):

http://cleverderpy.com/Senseibelle/FFSW ... 0V0-3.html

Samples and Screenshots:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Premise:

It's an endless flying fetish adventure that features a Pegasus named Senseibelle trying to stay alive as long as possible and keep monsters and elements of all kinds from stripping her and having their way with her across various themed levels.

Contents:

The game has sound, and features music, it also contains:

Vore
Quicksand
Slime
Tentacles
Transformation
Obscure fetishes
Tar
and many more fetishes for you to explore across 4 worlds that will continue to grow as I develop them.

I hope you like it!
~CD
Last edited by CleverDerpy on Thu Feb 06, 2014 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
CleverDerpy
Newly Registered

Re: Fetish Forever Demo (Female/Multi-Fetish/Sound)

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:41 pm

Cool! I look forward to future developments!

Ways to improve:

Your backgrounds need work; you don't shift them all the way through their range before they reset to frame 1, so every reset looks like a huge jump. The last frame of background scroll should line up with the first frame.
Momentum is a bit wonky (going full throttle forward then hitting back keeps your momentum intact), but that's not a serious issue.
Some animations are jumpy, you can collide with multiple enemies simultaneously (resulting in multiple copies of your character receiving animations), and I experienced a bad end with the mushroom where the game wouldn't proceed to the game over screen.
Zeus Kabob

Postby CleverDerpy » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:10 pm

Thank you for the input, allow me to answer some of your questions:

About the bg issue: that background is actually one object played frames by frame, you see, the flash engine doesn't like parallax scrolling, and this flash is a port of a game intended for a windows exe application that i made. the windows app runs like a charm and can handle all the bg elements fine. The flash version I had to trick by creating one solid bg i recorded from the bg on the exe, which produces a LOT of frames, it could get up to 1000+ frames before it hits a full loop, or because of varying speeds, it could never hit it at all. I don't use flash to design this, it's a port to swf.

Regarding momentum, the character has a high acceleration and speed but a low deceleration, i could play with the setting and we could work with that.

Lastly, the double animation/endless death glitch is something i've been working with for quite some time, i'm looking for that glitch constantly and will let people know when it's fixed for sure, but i need to look for the events one by one, so it'll take awhile.

Hope that answers your questions and concerns, thanks~
~CD
CleverDerpy
Newly Registered

Postby IxFa » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:23 pm

I didn't play much, because the sound was loud and unpleasant.

What I did play I'd like to mention that I appreciate that different stages have different enemies and slight differences in mechanics. ie: Volcanic stage burns you if you touch lava, water stage is vertical instead of horizontal.
Since you have instantly regenerating health, this next issue isn't too bad, but if you alter health in any way, keep this in mind. Many cases there was not enough space at any time to pass enemies without touching them. Maybe the hit box is too large.

That's my two-cents
I've notably written for Corruption of Champions, as well as other projects to a minor extent. My alias is always IxFa.
Current project(s): LAH's New Blog, Short Stories, Game Scenes
Commissions: Open
Requests: Open
IxFa

Postby Sanaki » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:17 pm

Personally i found the game quite enjoyable and hope to see it grow.

In regards to bugs/glitches, at around 30K+ on the water stage some enemies spawned outside the stage or disappeared mid-screen (bubbles and driftwood) at first i thought they were colliding with the mermaid,which seemed neat in my option (a hazard that blocked others yet still posed a threat to the player) however that was not the case.

I hope this helps.
Sanaki

Postby CleverDerpy » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:31 pm

Thank you all for the comments, i'm quite glad that these are more positive than my previous attempts at something i made.

I am working on a special project for a friend atm, so testing and updating will be a bit slower than previously thought on this game.

As of next version, i will add 2 things to help appease the issues.

*a kill button, just in case you get that endless death glitch again, you will be able to press K to end the game, but to be fair, your score will no longer increase during that time.
*And a mute button to mute/unmute everything.

I will try my best to fix the glitch but these will be my hotfixes for now as of next demo.
CleverDerpy
Newly Registered

Postby Tymon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:40 am

Seems like the flash/demo is down as of today...
Tymon

Postby Biles » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:15 am

It's more like the op tried to use space in the url address.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Tymon » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:02 am

I tried removing the spaces in the URL address, still won't let me play/check it out... In fact, even removing the flash file itself and trying to navigate to the previous directories I get 'not found'... If I navigate to the very base URL it gives me a file structure directory... there is an all-flash.zip file there. this has a ton of stuff in it, not just the fetish forever o.o
Tymon

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:04 pm

Doesn't matter. Spaces get auto-converted to HTML (replacement for a space is %20), but that's not the problem here. Looks like the host has removed not only the game, but the entire profile. I did manage to locate an archive with all of the author's games, however. Rather large file, so make sure you have enough bandwidth to download 327 MBs worth:

http://cleverderpy.com/all_flash.zip
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby iswain » Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:49 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Doesn't matter. Spaces get auto-converted to HTML (replacement for a space is %20), but that's not the problem here. Looks like the host has removed not only the game, but the entire profile. I did manage to locate an archive with all of the author's games, however. Rather large file, so make sure you have enough bandwidth to download 327 MBs worth:

Most of that is sinking in quicksand or inflation in case anyone was wondering.
iswain

Postby WonderGamer » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:41 am

iswain Wrote:Most of that is sinking in quicksand or inflation in case anyone was wondering.

I noticed, but the game that this thread is about is in there. It's in the Senseibelle folder.
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Alaena » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:08 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Doesn't matter. Spaces get auto-converted to HTML (replacement for a space is %20), but that's not the problem here. Looks like the host has removed not only the game, but the entire profile. I did manage to locate an archive with all of the author's games, however. Rather large file, so make sure you have enough bandwidth to download 327 MBs worth:

Thank you for that link. I couldn't get his link to work either.
Alaena

Return to Flash Projects