Znerf's Lab (Animations) - Looking for AS3 programmer

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Znerf's Lab (Animations) - Looking for AS3 programmer

Postby znerfsnerf » Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:28 pm

hey guys, got some new character models and animations designed with a basic as2 platformer engine. I'm not very experienced with as3 so I'd like to collaborate with some folks interested in making something cool. I'll be providing animations and feedback towards the way the game progresses, but it'll be a group effort so everyone's input will be valued.

there are no specifics on the story/characters etc at the moment, just testing the waters for any interested/experienced programmers to work with.

I've included a couple of very rough animations (the fem body model is made from scratch and heavily optimized with regards to line weight/curves, sharpclaw and krystal head/tail are used from franny's legun of murrstal)

cheers!

[ Play Quicktime file ] anim_4(test).mp4 [ 1005.86 KiB | Viewed 34715 times ]

Last edited by znerfsnerf on Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
znerfsnerf
Newly Registered

Re: Znerf's Lab (Animations) *Looking for AS3 programmer

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:45 am

Great work, I'm in the process of learning as3. My current project is building a set of classes that influence certain player/npcs appearances and game controls from simple frame scripts. Right now I've built a female biped class and was wondering if u'd like to contribute. Her body can be tweened, but her limbs are rigged with bones. I was actually hoping someone could refine her rigs and animate her. Message me if u are interested. I like ur character's breast physx.
Terrantor!!!

Postby legendofkrystalfan00 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:56 am

now this is very good. but where's the cum at? other than that, good job so far. especially with krystal's body. :) i'm just worried if you are not going to finish whatever game you're creating.
legendofkrystalfan00

Postby znerfsnerf » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:35 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Great work, I'm in the process of learning as3. My current project is building a set of classes that influence certain player/npcs appearances and game controls from simple frame scripts. Right now I've built a female biped class and was wondering if u'd like to contribute. Her body can be tweened, but her limbs are rigged with bones. I was actually hoping someone could refine her rigs and animate her. Message me if u are interested. I like ur character's breast physx.

I don't work with bones, just tween shapes and hand key animation. sorry but I'm not really looking to refine other models after spending much time on this one.

legendofkrystalfan00 Wrote:now this is very good. but where's the cum at? other than that, good job so far. especially with krystal's body. :) i'm just worried if you are not going to finish whatever game you're creating.

thanks, glad you like it! this is just a rough test as I said, just one loop and lots of unfinished stuff. I've got a few scenes finished with smooth transitions/progressions with cum finishers ready to be implemented in a game but that's for later on!

-----

here's a new one I've been working on a bit, very rough as well.. body was recoloured slightly (and inaccurately) but bear with me, these are all just tests.

[ Play Quicktime file ] anim_5(test).mp4 [ 1.04 MiB | Viewed 33609 times ]

znerfsnerf
Newly Registered

Re: Znerf's Lab (Animations) - Looking for AS3 programmer

Postby IrrelevantComment » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:58 pm

Your work is pretty good, the animations are very smooth. I look forward to seeing more in the future. I know no-one has come forward to offer help yet, but keep up the good work and maybe when there is more to show people will be interested in collaborating. Also, I was wondering if you could give more details on what sort of game you wanted - I know you said platformer, but are you looking for something like the original LoK or something with a gameplay mechanic (i.e. combat)?

Also, could you possibly upload your stuff in .swf format rather than requiring QuickTime?
IrrelevantComment

Postby legendofkrystalfan00 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 5:21 am

Suggestions: make krystal's stomach bulge when their dicks are in her pussy. (you what that means, right? i want them in deeply). make krystal wear something a prostitute would wear. add a day and night system. add awesome music. not dull/boring music. add cool attack moves. add some lesbian animations.

I'm going to try to find someone to help you. I can't help… and if i can't find someone, then i failed you. :cry: .

P.S. about that stomach bulging thing. look up "doujin effects - perestroika". you know, for inspiration.
legendofkrystalfan00

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:00 pm

What kind of game do you make ? What options will need to program and what tasks will programer need to make ?
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby VintageBass » Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:51 pm

legendofkrystalfan00 Wrote:Suggestions: make krystal's stomach bulge when their dicks are in her pussy. (you what that means, right? i want them in deeply). make krystal wear something a prostitute would wear. add a day and night system. add awesome music. not dull/boring music. add cool attack moves. add some lesbian animations.

That... seems like a lot. Granted I'm not sure what's going to happen since there's nothing at the moment just simple animations, so it's probably way to early to start demanding stuff in a game.

And what's wrong with "boring" music? It's not like we need like something epic playing in our ears all the time. We need something peaceful playing to help ease things. And why does Krystal has to dress like a prostitute? Couldn't she wear something that isn't revealing? I consider her flight suit far more sexier than her "slave" outfit (I have no idea what that outfit is called).

It's too early now, so go easy on asking for stuff.

IrrelevantComment Wrote:Also, could you possibly upload your stuff in .swf format rather than requiring QuickTime?

I second that, because loading up your content is making me get a warning about your stuff, saying if I should continue on or stop the plug-in that's currently running to play the files. It's annoying, and it'll be better and faster to load than letting people download something they don't like.

Otherwise I do like your Krystal's looks. Good luck in getting people to join your project and hopefully things will work out for you!
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Anonymouse » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:42 pm

I would maybe be interested in helping to program this, depending on what kind of game you want to make
Anonymouse

Postby znerfsnerf » Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:42 am

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:What kind of game do you make ? What options will need to program and what tasks will programer need to make ?

Anonymouse Wrote:I would maybe be interested in helping to program this, depending on what kind of game you want to make

nothing special for now, just a basic sidescrolling platformer engine with simple NPC interactivity, similar to LoK but with jumping/gravity for added adventure. somewhere down the line I'd like to expand and add a combat system/enemies of some kind, perhaps with character selection where each character has a unique mechanic for combat/general gameplay. RPG elements and personalized sex scenes would be cool to work with as well, but for now I'd like to take it all one step at a time.

I've attached a (once again, very rough) simple attempt at a platformer engine in AS2 but this was ages ago and didn't really take off. it was more of an experiment to mess around with movement settings to get an idea for how the gameplay would feel and also a chance to implement a smooth animation transition system (landing transitions weren't finished) but yeah..! keep in mind these are franny's/playshapes' resources at this point, not my current ones so bear with me.

gameplay and animation would be hugely important in this project; I'd prefer to have things progress in a sustainable way, getting the feel of the game right rather than churning out constant minor updates but that's just me. the way I see it, once the core fundamentals are in place then bug fixes and expanding would be the logical step forward.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

prototype platformer as2.swf [ 2.25 MiB | Viewed 32359 times ]

znerfsnerf
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:13 pm

Nice made. But why do you want to remake it on AS3 ? Will it be the open source project or closed one ?
If it will be open sorce project can the old source file be post here ?

If it will be closed project - can some parts of it be posted ?

There are a lot of people on forum. May be if you write what step by step them need to do - some body make it.
For example - on current time what programmists need to do - make the copy of algoritms from AS2 and make it work on AS3 ?
Make some changes in it ? Or what task is it for programists now ?

For example if copy from AS2 to AS3 they will need AS2 source of file. What flash version it was made on ?
What changes have to be made in this version if you need them it is better to write before making the game.
Write about all physics, interaction with enemys and etc.

Do you need it use classes, if no - may be I can help a little (I do not use classes). If you need classes then write step by step what game should do - then possible some body from comunity can make some parts of it.

It is very good that you start that project about Krystal. I hope it will grow to some thing like full story game.
Last edited by OwnerOfSuccuby on Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby znerfsnerf » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:59 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Nice made. But why do you want to remake it on AS3 ? Will it be the open source project or closed one ?
If it will be open sorce project can the old source file be post here ?

If it will be closed project - can some parts of it be posted ?

There are a lot of people on forum. May be if you write what step by step them need to do - some body make it.
For example - on current time what programmists need to do - make the copy of algoritms from AS2 and make it work on AS3 ?
Make some changes in it ? Or what task is it for programists now ?

For example if copy from AS2 to AS3 they will need AS2 source of file. What flash version it was made on ?
What changes have to be made in this version if you need them it is better to write before making the game.
Write about all physics, interaction with enemys and etc.

Do you need it use classes, if no - may be I can help a little (I do not use classes). If you need classes then write step by step what game should do - then possible some body from comunity can make some parts of it.

It is very good that you start that project about Krystal. I hope it will grow to some thing like full story game.

By the way a little play with AS3 (Not yet the same but some kind of algoritm on AS3):

I guess I need to clarify some things that I didn't mention, the project would be closed source and developed with whoever is interested privately. the forum would be used for feedback in a somewhat similar fashion to cortas thread. I would much rather collaborate with one or two people privately and bounce ideas back and forth through forums to add a sense of direction to the project just in case things start slowing down.

as for converting from as2 to as3, I'd prefer a fresh engine made from scratch. I've already started rewriting the code from the start with a better collision system in place. the player movement will hopefully be close to the swf I posted earlier but much better optimized with added features. I can only do so much since I'm not much of a programmer but that's what this thread is for! :')

I don't work in classes currently but if certain people decide to jump aboard and they prefer to use them, I wouldn't mind in the slightest.

lastly, I should have mentioned that krystal was just a placeholder character until I finish the model(s) I've got in the works currently. I'm working on a full body rotation for more interesting animations (e.g, torso twisting while running) so that's what I'll be focusing my time on until things start moving forward here. once the core model is finished I'll begin implementing other characters and hopefully by then we'd have a writer or two to help create a unique story as well (not necessarily related to the included characters' previous universe)
znerfsnerf
Newly Registered

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:44 pm

I can try to help if you will need some help in programming. It is interesting project. I hope the Krystal will be one of the heroes right ? :mrgreen:
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Mr.Lamar » Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:04 pm

I hope you succeed in making this znerf!
Mr.Lamar

Postby znerfsnerf » Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:33 am

I should probably start working on a custom head to match the model but for now here's a quick animation test with preexisting playshapes resources. it works rather well with costumes and stuff so I'm happy! should be interesting to implement other characters when the time comes. uploading in swf format as requested.

http://www.swfcabin.com/open/1387471841
Last edited by znerfsnerf on Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
znerfsnerf
Newly Registered

Postby spartansen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:55 pm

really nice ass tits and mouth
spartansen

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:45 am

:shock:
best Titties i have ever seen on one of these things.
they all need those Titties.
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby Biles » Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:42 pm

So much talk about asses and titties that I have this on my mind:

Ass, titties, ass titties. Ass ass ass ass! Ass titties!
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby theblacknphbutnotgay » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:49 pm

Biles Wrote:So much talk about asses and titties that I have this on my mind:

Ass, titties, ass titties. Ass ass ass ass! Ass titties!

that reminds me of this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTqlWhwTILw
Maybe there IS a God?
theblacknphbutnotgay

Postby Mr.Lamar » Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:37 am

Hey Znerf I got your messages over aim *Winkity wink* and I'm interested. Since you're a "new user" here do you want me to e-mail ya about working on this, as opposed to a pm?
Mr.Lamar

Next

Return to Flash Projects