Space Monster Rancher Alpha 2 :30/10/13

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

What to do with this game?winner might not b most, i want to understand before final decision

Take your time finish the game!
78%
Give away the assets let us use them.
4%
Give your plan, Let it become a community game.
16%
Manage the game, I wanna help build it(i will PM, info to you)
2%

Total votes : 255

Space Monster Rancher Alpha 2 :30/10/13

Postby TigerBus » Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:24 pm

Game Alpha 2.0

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Space Monster RancherAlpha2.swf [ 655.68 KiB | Viewed 57519 times ]

Hey Fappers
I came back from my dentist having my teeth pulled so i decided to upload this now. I realized that yes's won so im wont hold back. A few things that im gonna say. First im on drugs when i was bug hunting so you find a few, Sorry. Next i changed out the male/female in player select so that you can see my animation model teaser. Now i was going to do mini update with the animations but after rebuilding my creature shop i have found i need to replace alot of my code, so next update will be me adding in art tuneups on menus--> ie i have to completely rebuild them, Adding a tutorial , and the animations. If i get a working build with the animations ill release that as Alpha 2.5 but if not look for Alpha 3.

Im planning on changing the game name so on alpha 3 look for TIGERBUS : NEW NAME : Alpha 3 And date; Lastly how do you like my white tigerbus logo?

Previous pole showed me that my fan base is straight people with the fetish of ,groups of people with added lady dick. - Lesbians came close to the top and gay animations were my least popular.
No worries though as the pole was to show me where my time should be focused, i will eventually and hopefully get all of them in.
Sexual Animation preference Poll Results
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Straight 91 33%
Gay 14 5%
Lesbian 54 19%
Group 61 22%
Hermaphrodite 60 21%

20/10/2013 : Alpha. 2.0 changes

The game going to have some art updates. The animations im going to add with next one(Im kinda drugged from 4 of my teeth being pulled so it wont be done by tomorrow)
I have the human Animation Models done(exept face and hair/cloths but really dont need clothes :P)(Deal with the shading as it wont be correct, ive just added some quick colour and that will change for the better)
I updated the shop and fixed it a little.
visual update to the shop
made the creatures buttons on the ship- opens up an interaction panel
Made travel give you a little more information
Rebuild how the monsters are stored
Finish adding in monster Name changer
Hook up the Interaction Panel - no energy hooked up so unlimited items :D

Next update coming
Animations for human v Human sex.
code rework
Tutorial

Ill keep ya posted on my progress.

TigerBus Signing off! :ugeek:
Last edited by TigerBus on Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:26 am, edited 11 times in total.
TigerBus

Re: Tiger Bus: Space Monster Rancher

Postby Throbby » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:33 am

Mayyyybe you should have added the content for the next release before putting this out here. I'm really not trying to poop on your effort, but it's way too easy to crash the game, there's no real direction to it, and you can't really *do* anything. The artwork is meh, which wouldn't bother me at all if there were content to go along with it. Gameplay is a HUGE plus--a really good text adventure kicks the crap out of a pretty, well-animated pile of no-story crap. :)

Good luck, and get crackin'!
Throbby

Postby Duplicity » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:56 am

Well Looking good so far.
With the main characters I would lighten up some of the definition. Like the ribs and abs, make the lines softer more like shadows than actual lines of bone.
I can't seem to get to a planet(wait just did, had to sleep and press leave ship). I click on one, but it just says I am travelling. Is there a certain travel time for each planet?
If so you need to list the travel time, have a clock and skip the time so I lose it, but don't have to live through it. Or tell me to sleep and that I arrive in the morning.
You need a message to pop up when you have reached the planet. To give the option of leaving.
With the buying of creatures the whole panel of their information should be a button, or have a visible buy button on their panel. At the moment it is invisible. You also have two buttons for the same thing. Buy creature and purchase creature.
Also would be nice to have a text pop up for building names when you highlight them.

So just some small basic stuff that shouldn't take you too long. Will improve the game a lot. I like the premise and I hope for more expansion in creature types.
Looking forward to more. Good luck.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 22, 2013 2:36 pm

I have to say, i wasn't expecting the ship being so fleshed out. While it mostly a place holder in function now, but i thought you would just say "place hold" and not have every room literally have a graphic. Thanks.
BlueLight

Postby TigerBus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 am

Throbby Wrote:Mayyyybe you should have added the content for the next release before putting this out here. I'm really not trying to poop on your effort, but it's way too easy to crash the game, there's no real direction to it, and you can't really *do* anything. The artwork is meh, which wouldn't bother me at all if there were content to go along with it. Gameplay is a HUGE plus--a really good text adventure kicks the crap out of a pretty, well-animated pile of no-story crap. :)

Good luck, and get crackin'!

Yea i was hoping to get some more of the shop fixed before i released but i thought i should release and get some feedback. im currently working on the animation and wanted to see which ones i should have finished for the start of the actual gameplay.

Duplicity Wrote:Well Looking good so far.
With the main characters I would lighten up some of the definition. Like the ribs and abs, make the lines softer more like shadows than actual lines of bone.
I can't seem to get to a planet(wait just did, had to sleep and press leave ship). I click on one, but it just says I am travelling. Is there a certain travel time for each planet?
If so you need to list the travel time, have a clock and skip the time so I lose it, but don't have to live through it. Or tell me to sleep and that I arrive in the morning.
You need a message to pop up when you have reached the planet. To give the option of leaving.
With the buying of creatures the whole panel of their information should be a button, or have a visible buy button on their panel. At the moment it is invisible. You also have two buttons for the same thing. Buy creature and purchase creature.
Also would be nice to have a text pop up for building names when you highlight them.

So just some small basic stuff that shouldn't take you too long. Will improve the game a lot. I like the premise and I hope for more expansion in creature types.
Looking forward to more. Good luck.

yea the planet thing is really confusing now, i really need work on them to tell my player more of what is happening. Next release i will have a popup with a yes or no for the actions, and also the plan is for the player to use that time to raise that animals and harvest but that is not in yet.

thanks for the feedback, i will definitely have straight animations in the next release and i might get in a threesome. I check back often so send me ideas.

TigerBus signing out
TigerBus

Postby Jaskan » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:50 am

This is so neat! I hope that you add more content; this could have some potential.
Jaskan
Newly Registered

Postby Throbby » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:30 am

Actually, BlueLight's comment above was a good one, and I think you deserve praise for that as well. I was really surprised at how large and detailed the ship was, and that each location was actually a *location* rather than a placeholder.

Biggest thing I'd fix is the "Huh, what's this button in the lower-right corner? Oh, shit, I just broke the game!"

Maybe some in-game tutorial would be helpful--actually, even if you don't have most of the stuff fleshed out, making a basic walkthrough version of things like breeding, buying, etc. is a good way to show what direction you want the game to go in. That way people can see the art and basically watch a trailer so they can give feedback on your intended content early on in the dev process.

Did that make sense? Gawd, I hope so...
Throbby

Postby TigerBus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:51 am

Throbby Wrote:Actually, BlueLight's comment above was a good one, and I think you deserve praise for that as well. I was really surprised at how large and detailed the ship was, and that each location was actually a *location* rather than a placeholder.

Biggest thing I'd fix is the "Huh, what's this button in the lower-right corner? Oh, shit, I just broke the game!"

Maybe some in-game tutorial would be helpful--actually, even if you don't have most of the stuff fleshed out, making a basic walkthrough version of things like breeding, buying, etc. is a good way to show what direction you want the game to go in. That way people can see the art and basically watch a trailer so they can give feedback on your intended content early on in the dev process.

Did that make sense? Gawd, I hope so...

Yea it did make sense and thanks for the praise. I plan on making a tutorial later ( i think after i get the animations and farming in, i'll be cleaning my code and might start that as well). Yea the areas took a couple days but i didnt want to worry about them later(I plan for more ships so there is rooms you cant get to also fleshed out :lol: ). I also got a tun of concepts done so im trying to no life some characters, (Ill have the animation characters for the Pirate,Player(Maybe only one of them), wolf, and sheep. Ill also finish the characters for other animals and crew models though i doubt you'll see them) Ill pump out my next update when the animations are done.

update on progress

Working on the pirate animation model now. i have work tomorrow so it wont be finished till later
added in the travel yes no info box, you now got some information on traveling in next update. -also the location box on the hud says departing on the day you set your travel
updated the shop no more glitches next update (unless i f with something :P), also the icons for creatures got an update
Started coding the sheepgirls to be buttons and added code for random appearance(dont get to exited, i havent drawn up that yet so i dont think ill have it added)

tell me if there is anything i need for the next update cause im working like a mother trucker
TigerBus

Postby FMC » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:15 pm

Maybe a way to lose the fight / make it not possible to 'convince them' when you have 0 charm? I could see a low chance if you have 1, but if you have 0, you shouldn't be able to talk yourself out of a wet paper bag. xD
FMC

Postby TigerBus » Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:37 pm

FMC Wrote:Maybe a way to lose the fight / make it not possible to 'convince them' when you have 0 charm? I could see a low chance if you have 1, but if you have 0, you shouldn't be able to talk yourself out of a wet paper bag. xD

i haven't hooked in the charm and stuff but the way it was going to work was, lvl 0 -100 , where the lvl is the % chance. i have to figure out the math before i hook those in, might be in for alpha 3 or 4.
TigerBus

Postby TigerBus » Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:34 am

Im looking for some audio! If anyone is looking for a project to display their music or voice talents send me a msg.
Looking to attach some music at a later point.
and i need voice for some characters / sex sounds.

Im just planning ahead.
TigerBus

Postby roskrad » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:28 am

This looks promising can't wait to see it finished. Also if you need music you could always check out Newgrounds they have a lot of custom made music that the authors usually let others put in games.
roskrad

Postby TigerBus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:04 am

roskrad Wrote:This looks promising can't wait to see it finished. Also if you need music you could always check out Newgrounds they have a lot of custom made music that the authors usually let others put in games.

Yea ive been on Newgrounds. I might worry about this later on further thought. Thanks for the compliment & suggestion. :P
Tiger Bus Signing Off!
TigerBus

Re: Space Monster Rancher Alpha 1 :28/10/13

Postby BlueLight » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:14 pm

as silly as this is, i'd look for music the RPGmaker community has made.
it's a little bit harder to get to but i've found that they're normally more open to you just outright selling your work with nothing but a simple credit to their name.
BlueLight

Re: Space Monster Rancher Alpha 1 :28/10/13

Postby TigerBus » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:56 pm

BlueLight Wrote:as silly as this is, i'd look for music the RPGmaker community has made.
it's a little bit harder to get to but i've found that they're normally more open to you just outright selling your work with nothing but a simple credit to their name.

Ive put up a Audio post in the discussion forum. im really just trying to see who is interested before it gets to the point that i need it. also whenever you do collaboration work its best to gain and see who stays as people tend to abandon hard work.

Thanks for the suggestion.

As a little update, Im starting the animations, the models however have no face,hands or hair > so if the animations are added and they arent in. just deal with it until i can make them. Shading is also a placeholder until i make all the skin colours.

Today im helping my Aunt pack to move so tonight ill work. Tomorrow i have to have wisdom teeth pulled so might/ might not work on it after <Gauging that by the drugs>. shouldnt F up the release date. Unless i get a whack of no's by the 31st it looks like im releasing.

ps the guy who joined me with the i wanna feel special option on the poll _ yer Awesome but not informative :D

Ill update tonight
Tiger Bus Signing Off!
TigerBus

Re: Space Monster Rancher Alpha 2 :30/10/13

Postby TigerBus » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Game updated i would like to know if the human base teaser is well taken or not
Tiger Bus Signing Off!
TigerBus

Postby BlueLight » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:51 am

Tip for doing graphics. If you want something controllable like straight lines, then hold shift and the computer will allow you to draw in directions of 45 degrees.
BlueLight

Postby TigerBus » Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:29 am

BlueLight Wrote:Tip for doing graphics. If you want something controllable like straight lines, then hold shift and the computer will allow you to draw in directions of 45 degrees.

My tablet doesn't like the shift key for straight lines(It gives me a 45 degree then shoots of horizontal or vertical) so i usually end op just doing it by hand, If its final art though i usually spend the time. Thanks for the tip where did you think it was needed? I always like critique on my art skills as long as its not just mean. (Always room to improve and not many actually say what they think)

Oh and a side note. Next update i aint revealing what ive done other than what ive already given away but lest just say if it continues like this its gona be a nice update
Tiger Bus Signing Off!
TigerBus

Postby TigerBus » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:03 pm

It looks like the names are split between exotic business and Space monster rancher.
Just so you guys know i completely forgot about the monster rancher anime and game series when i was making a placeholder name so i have no intent in linking the two. They might have some common ground with raising monsters but thats about it.
its difficult to come up with a name that fits and im not sure exotic business really does either. So im going to put in some other suggestions, I might not pick the one you guys vote but hey its my game. :P
Vote for these by selecting other
-Space Shepherd
-Commander Shepherd -(a little mass effect reference)
-Final Frontier
-Space Captain
-Across the Galaxy
Tiger Bus Signing Off!
TigerBus

Postby Biles » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:05 pm

I don't know, maybe find a way to play with "Noah's Arc"? :D
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a