"Vacation"

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: "Vacation"

Postby bob12321 » Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:20 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Wow, I'm trying to go over in my head if any other games like this have had 20 something areas or not. Maybe a few, still that's impressive, I look forward to what some of the unique uses for the zones will be.

I don't think I can think of one either of the top of my head, although I'm pretty sure I have 20+ something more areas that I need to still add from my original plan. (Not to mention I've added areas along the way so far) It's safe to say this will be a pretty big island, lol.

Also UPDATE!
bob12321

Postby WonderGamer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:07 pm

I have to say I'm looking forward to this game being finished. This game has some real potential as a date SIM.

One thing I am noticing however, I expect this isn't how it should be:
When you rest to regain your life, it doesn't regain your health during battles. Do you need to eat something to regain this or is it possible that this is just a bug?
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby SirHidden » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 am

The blonde looks very similar to Christiane Friedrich from Majikoi. Did you get the idea from her, or did you just draw some girl.
SirHidden
Newly Registered

Postby bob12321 » Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:19 am

WonderGamer Wrote:I have to say I'm looking forward to this game being finished. This game has some real potential as a date SIM.

One thing I am noticing however, I expect this isn't how it should be:
When you rest to regain your life, it doesn't regain your health during battles. Do you need to eat something to regain this or is it possible that this is just a bug?

I'm not quite sure what you mean. I just played it on the site and after I got beaten up a little I went to sleep in the player's room and woke back up with full health. Can you describe the problem a bit more? If you can re-duplicate this problem you had then let me know, and I will fix it in the next update. Also thanks for the complement :D.

SirHidden Wrote:The blonde looks very similar to Christiane Friedrich from Majikoi. Did you get the idea from her, or did you just draw some girl.

Not really sure just kind of went with the design because I liked it. I have watched that anime, good anime by the way, so it could have been an influence or not. I can at least say I wasn't thinking about her when creating my character, but it could also be that that anime influenced me with out me knowing it. Can't really say yes or no to that one lol.

A little busy with other stuff right now but when I find the time to work on this game I will. I can say that after October or November I will have much more time to work on the game so I might only have a few updates here and there before then. Thanks to all who are playing and supporting the development of this game.
bob12321

Postby WonderGamer » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:59 am

Well if you get knocked unconscious, then yes, your life does restore. And if you sleep, your energy gets restored. By try fighting a wild animal (not one of the girls) and either win the fight or run away from it and sleep after taking damage. After you've slept, get into another fight with another wild animal. Your life should still be where it was from the last fight (or it was in my case anyways, unless I'm playing an old version; I was playing it from the OP).
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby bob12321 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 pm

WonderGamer Wrote:Well if you get knocked unconscious, then yes, your life does restore. And if you sleep, your energy gets restored. By try fighting a wild animal (not one of the girls) and either win the fight or run away from it and sleep after taking damage. After you've slept, get into another fight with another wild animal. Your life should still be where it was from the last fight (or it was in my case anyways, unless I'm playing an old version; I was playing it from the OP).

I see what you mean and I already have an idea on what the problem is so I'll be sure to fix it in the next update. Thanks for getting back to me on what was wrong in detail.
bob12321

Postby bob12321 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:05 pm

Update!
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:59 pm

I haven't bugged you about it in a while, might wanna add some food to the buffet. Or draw some lids to go over the trays.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm

trunks2585 Wrote:I haven't bugged you about it in a while, might wanna add some food to the buffet. Or draw some lids to go over the trays.

Sorry about that I keep forgetting that I was supposed to put it in a couple of updates ago. I'll try to make sure the food is made in the next update. Thanks for reminding me.
bob12321

Postby bob12321 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:00 pm

I declare war against other games!

Check the game post for details.
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:37 pm

Two questions.

1. I'm assuming all the code and scripts and everything you've already done for the game are still fully usable and won't need to be reworked from scratch, just the models?

2. What was the sim game you played?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:22 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Two questions.

1. I'm assuming all the code and scripts and everything you've already done for the game are still fully usable and won't need to be reworked from scratch, just the models?

Well some of the code will need to be changed for conversation purposes but a majority of the code will not change.

trunks2585 Wrote:2. What was the sim game you played?

I had tried my hand at "GalGun" which showed up as a trial on the PS3, it looked interesting enough so I tried it. Even though it's 3D it felt more realistic because the characters body moved in accordance with their emotion during chat sequences. I won't have anything 3D but their poses will be changing. I also played "Record of Agarest Wars", (not completely a sim but still is). Even though the characters body in this game didn't move as much, the game was better because of the movement. There were a couple others but I can't remember their names as I'm writing this.

To sum it all up their girls will have new poses for during chat sequence. I actually had this idea for the hot spring scenes and the games confirmed my thinking that it would be better to have different poses for their different moods in the conversation. It may take a while longer than when I first made the girls but I'm confident I'll get it done along the way of completing this game.
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 am

And I'm going to assume their main designs will stay the same? (hair, and eye color, physical build, and height, etc.)
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:36 am

trunks2585 Wrote:And I'm going to assume their main designs will stay the same? (hair, and eye color, physical build, and height, etc.)

Basically the same characters will be drawn in a different way yes. I won't be creating whole new personalities or changing anything major.
bob12321

Postby Digfree » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:59 am

Game is looking great so far mate, keep it up!
ImageImageImageImage
Digfree

Postby bob12321 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:09 am

Not an update but a sneak peek so I didn't change the main post. This will be the new Satomi! or at least this will be her unless I redraw her again. I had an idea about another pose to be the main pose but haven't drawn it out yet so still deciding.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (79.6 KiB) Viewed 3572 times

ps. if i go with this satomi I already have an .fla to undress her

pss. i wont upload it because then it wouldnt be as fun to try to find her like that in the game
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:23 am

This looks really good, I can see you took your time smoothing out the drawing a lot. The eyes look a lot sharper, I feel like she's actually studying the character she's talking to. The only thing I'd do is shift her hairclip so it runs perpendicular to her hair more, it kinda looks like it's just floating over her hair right now. I'm sure there's tons of anime girls you can look up that will show you what i mean, better than I can explain it.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:24 am

trunks2585 Wrote:This looks really good, I can see you took your time smoothing out the drawing a lot. The eyes look a lot sharper, I feel like she's actually studying the character she's talking to. The only thing I'd do is shift her hairclip so it runs perpendicular to her hair more, it kinda looks like it's just floating over her hair right now. I'm sure there's tons of anime girls you can look up that will show you what i mean, better than I can explain it.

Yeah I see what you mean about the hair clip, this way is better.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (30.74 KiB) Viewed 3314 times
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:54 pm

So just curious if you could give a status update. I'm assuming schoolwork has you busy?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 2:36 am

trunks2585 Wrote:So just curious if you could give a status update. I'm assuming schoolwork has you busy?

Your right about being busy, so I won't be able to work on the game for a little while. When I have time I'll work on it, but for now I can't. I expect my next update to be with all the characters re-drawn with some different poses.
bob12321

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects