"Vacation"

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: "Vacation"

Postby bob12321 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 9:25 pm

Update! (again)
bob12321

Postby IrrelevantComment » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:19 am

Call me retarded, but I can't get past the disclaimer screen at the start
IrrelevantComment

Postby Darthan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 4:35 am

IrrelevantComment Wrote:Call me retarded, but I can't get past the disclaimer screen at the start

Click on the work "here".
Darthan

Postby bob12321 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:55 pm

Update!
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:04 am

The game is really starting to shape up now. I have some questions if you don't mind answering them.

Is there going to be a way to increase your stats? This includes your maximum energy for the day, I've seen a few other Sim Date games do that, because you'll burn through that 100 real fast.

I'm assuming you'll be adding a lot more areas as well?

What are some things you wanna do that are different from other sim date games? If you don't have anything planned that's cool, I just know everyone usually wants to add something to make their game stand out in a different way.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:53 am

trunks2585 Wrote:The game is really starting to shape up now. I have some questions if you don't mind answering them.

I'm pro-posting so the more questions the better.

trunks2585 Wrote:Is there going to be a way to increase your stats? This includes your maximum energy for the day, I've seen a few other Sim Date games do that, because you'll burn through that 100 real fast.

There will be a way to increase your maximum energy and ways to increase the basic stats that you set at the beginning of the game, just haven't thought of where I'm going to put them yet.

trunks2585 Wrote:I'm assuming you'll be adding a lot more areas as well?

I have already mapped out the island from top down style and I'll be adding in the other areas as I draw them. There are 5 other zones besides the beach zone so looking at the beach zone there will probably be at least a couple of areas in each zone. Won't say how many places yet because what’s the fun in telling when I can show it.

trunks2585 Wrote:What are some things you wanna do that are different from other sim date games? If you don't have anything planned that's cool, I just know everyone usually wants to add something to make their game stand out in a different way.

Well I haven't played all of them out there but there will be some similar game items. You will be fighting the girls some times so be prepared for that. What I'm going to make different is probably that the girls will be aware of your relationship status with the other girls. I mean besides fighting off wild animals, (hint hint), someone hooking up would probably be the next if not more interesting thing to pay attention to while stranded. In simple terms there will be cat fight events, (hey that's probably something different too). So there will be different endings depending on what you do while playing.
bob12321

Postby joeyjoey61297 » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:01 pm

You should definitely finish the animations so you can pick up items and start to do things this is worth finishing
Also add the names of the characters to the phone and put a girl in each one of the rooms so each one is assigned a room,
joeyjoey61297

Postby blackcore11 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:24 pm

looking good man, everything is nice and smooth.
blackcore11

Postby bigdick69 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:03 pm

how i play? i just see the warning letters and nothing more
bigdick69

Postby IrrelevantComment » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:14 pm

bigdick69 Wrote:how i play? i just see the warning letters and nothing more

omg u r such a retard
IrrelevantComment

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:17 pm

bigdick69 Wrote:how i play? i just see the warning letters and nothing more

In the warning, move your mouse over the word 'here' and click it.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby greenscreen » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:48 pm

Hey man, I love to see that you are working on this, I really look forward to every new update. :)
greenscreen
Newly Registered

Postby bob12321 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 2:04 am

Haven't done an update post in the while soooooo....

Update!
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 3:39 am

Just for a sense of context, why would you fight the girls? I'm assuming it's for training purposes, but I could also see it being if you do seriously piss them off (a few sim dateing games on newgrounds have you fight the girls if you enter their rooms without permission).
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby bob12321 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:37 am

trunks2585 Wrote:Just for a sense of context, why would you fight the girls? I'm assuming it's for training purposes, but I could also see it being if you do seriously piss them off (a few sim dateing games on newgrounds have you fight the girls if you enter their rooms without permission).

Well yes if you don't have their permission to enter their room/cave or you enter their room/cave late at night and wake them up they are going to try to kick your ass. Besides that if you beat them it’s a symbol of being tough and increases their opinion of you. Besides fighting what else is there to do while being pissed that you’re stranded on an island, I mean I can think of a few things but the girls won’t agree until you get their relationship points up. Yes if you piss them off with an answer you give them, then they will try to beat the shit out of you. Although not every bad answer will cause this outcome, just some of them.

There won’t be any random fighting if that's what you’re trying to get at. I'm just using random fighting right now to randomly test out the fighting box that I made, but the animals will be random fights in certain areas of the island.
bob12321

Postby Shinji62 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:28 am

Interesting idea, and I like the way it looks so far. I look forward to it getting finished.
Shinji62

Postby trunks2585 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:32 am

I didn't think the fights would be random, I was just curious what all the circumstances would be for triggering fights. Thanks for answering that.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby thswherizat » Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:59 am

I disagree that beating ANY of the girls will raise their opinion of you. I could see if there were one or two who were more athletic, they may take your physical fitness well, but I really don't see how beating up a science chick would impress her.

Also, I don't like to condone the idea of "just punch them a few times and they'll come 'round!"
thswherizat
Newly Registered

Postby bob12321 » Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:03 pm

thswherizat Wrote:I disagree that beating ANY of the girls will raise their opinion of you. I could see if there were one or two who were more athletic, they may take your physical fitness well, but I really don't see how beating up a science chick would impress her.

Also, I don't like to condone the idea of "just punch them a few times and they'll come 'round!"

I agree that beating up girls is wrong but letting them kick your ass wouldn't be as good as beating them. At least if you beat them it doesn't make you look like a wuss. But I see your point maybe I'll add some kind of feature that prevents you from fighting some of the girls to much depending on their personality before it starts to decrease their opinion of you.
bob12321

Postby trunks2585 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:51 am

Just call it training or sparring, even with the science chick, hell even the shy girl. It's not too hard to bullshit a reason. Hell there's parts of the island with tigers, TIGERS. I think everyone should be in peak physical fighting condition, there's the logical reason right there. Of course that's just for the battle button option, the other cases of getting into a fight with them can be 'no you seriously fucked up with them and if you don't defend your ass you're gonna be in a coma for a week'.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects