Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby JackassX » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:14 am

The server pc is back up, so the torrent should work again.
If not just reply or PM me and I'll try to get it back up and running again.
JackassX

Postby KiWolfGirl » Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:13 pm

Are any of the game files supposed to work for 771 and above?
KiWolfGirl

Postby flatliner10 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 9:38 pm

The highest working Version in this Torrent is 7.7.2. (SWF Only)
I don't think there are any higher Versions out there.
I also still seed this Torrent occasionally, however if you don't have a native IPv6 Address you won't be able to connect to me, there is nothing i can do about that.
flatliner10

Postby KiWolfGirl » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:50 pm

None of the versions were working for me but I was able to play around with the source files, so that works for me. Been making my own animation edits :)
KiWolfGirl

Postby JackassX » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:55 pm

KiWolfGirl Wrote:None of the versions were working for me but I was able to play around with the source files, so that works for me. Been making my own animation edits :)

Strange all the versions work for me. Do they give any errors when you try to open them?
JackassX

Postby KiWolfGirl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:40 am

No, if I open the swf its just the preloader saying "100%" and the loader bar is like 4/5 filled. if I right click and hit play, nothing happens. 772 doesnt have it, but 771 has an exe projector. If I open that, I get the title screen, but when I hit new game, it goes to white screen.
KiWolfGirl

Postby flatliner10 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:30 pm

You might want to Download the Standalone Flash Projector then from Here: https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplay ... loads.html
Its available for Windows, Linux, Mac , for Windows it comes as a single .Exe which can open and run pretty much every .swf.
Only problem you might encounter is when, the flash requires additional files in a specific sub-Directory and the path is too long, or contain foreign characters.
Many newer builds have their animations outsourced to a Sub-folder called "media", which needs to be there and access-able.
flatliner10

Postby KiWolfGirl » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:02 pm

oh trust me i have all the standalone players and accessories. I have many different versions of flash, I used to be a flash dev before the company i work at stop using it.
KiWolfGirl

Postby striker2521 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:47 pm

im getting nothing but a white screen when i open any of the Seraph SWF files in every version, even the application isnt working any suggestions?
striker2521
Newly Registered

Postby hotwinter88 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:21 pm

Any chance of this project continuing with help from others?
hotwinter88

Postby ValturNaa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Considering the remainder of the team scattered after the final drama, the art assets all belong to cloud meadow, and h-bomb swore he wouldn't touch BS again (and as far as I know has either gone offline or changed his name), there's almost certainly no chance of reviving this project. There have been a couple attempts of rebuilding it, including GoRepeat, but there's been little progress on any side. The truth is that this is a pretty damn big project, and even the best of intentions will surely struggle to recreate what they had, and there were plenty of places where *that* needed improving.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby hotwinter88 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:51 am

Unfortunately, I heard about what happened to the team, sad to hear each time. It to bad though it did have fun game play aspects that you don't see in other games.
hotwinter88

Postby ValturNaa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:25 am

Yep, that's why the revival and rebuilding projects got started. Project Blue, Ashes of Bavan, and Season's Breeding are the versions I can remember that started up, but of those, Project Blue sort of faded out of existence with nothing to show, Ashes of Bavan is struggling to get past concept demo (I'm a part of that team so I can tell you a lot of that has to do with trouble making animations that work with the engine), and GoRepeat abandoned Seasons Breeding for quite some time with just one breedable monster. He just showcased some new animations for it though, so maybe it will be updated soon.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby WonderGamer » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:04 am

Thought this might be of interest, somehow got thrown into my recommended list on the YouTube app tonight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cP_U4OQycZc
Review of the collosal downfall of this game by The Know
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby kingofbrocoli » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:34 am

ValturNaa Wrote:Yep, that's why the revival and rebuilding projects got started. Project Blue

Ohhh shit I had completly forgot about Cobalt´s game.

Good times bb, Good times.
kingofbrocoli

Postby Queen Alicestaria » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:51 am

flatliner10 Wrote:
JackassX Wrote:*snipp*
I have every version of AMB from the 3.0 pre-release up to the leaked 7.7.2 all backedup on my hdd. I actually just finished adding alot of the missing versions though version 3.3, 3.8, 4.1, 7.2.1, and 7.3.0 seem to be lost forever unless someone else has them.
*snapp*

AMB is a different Game, and unlike Breeding Season and still under development (hopefully), guess a Typo ;)

As a fellow File-Horder here is my Version 7.3.zip EXE and SWF included.
Password is the (lowercase) Name of an (in)famous blue Vixen.
Would like to see 7.7.2 as well, it's missing in my collection.

Thanks for this! But it seems all the Dickwolves scenes doesn't exist in this version, it either skips it or shows me an empty scenario where it should show my character fucking the Dickwolf.
Queen Alicestaria
Newly Registered

Postby flatliner10 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:21 am

You are right about that.
Version 7.2.0 was the first one which has their animations pulled from the main File and put into a separate Subfolder, because the Gamefile become to big.
The "female-player vs. dickwolf" Animation is missing in 7.2.0 and up, including 7.3.0.

They got reintroduced in 7.4.0 (check \media\dickwolfsex.swf to be present)
Tip: use the debugcode "dumbgallerycode" to conveniently play the animations.

other useful codes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

dumbmoneycode.(Gil Amount)
dumbgpcode.(Guild Points Amount)
addenergy.(Energy Amount)
newrequest
unlocktrait.(Trait Name)
setplayerstat.(Lowercase Stat).(Stat Amount)
facechange.(Monster Name).(Face Number 1-6)
hairchange.(Monster Name).(Hair Number 1-6)
colorschemechange.(Monster Name).(Color Scheme Number 1-12)
skintonechange.(Monster Name).(Skin Tone Number 1-4)
addtrait.(Monster Name).(Trait Name)
setstat.(Monster Name).(Lowercase Stat).(Stat Amount)
flatliner10

Postby littlemisshoneyvixen » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Keep it up and don't loose your motivation! Good bones in this one :lol: :oops:
littlemisshoneyvixen

Postby Fornax » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:47 am

conspiracyhoax Wrote:
GoRepeat Wrote:
Legion93 Wrote:Still salvageable, look for an artist who'll want to take the reins. S-purple has a habit of not finishing projects, see it through with a fresh face, it might be the boost you need. It's not over yet, just a bump in the road.

I'll make Breeding Season vG out of spite! Give me a month or two

Honestly you could make an open source version of the current Breeding Season. H-Bomb gave us access to his dropbox, and since the company is officially dead, nobody is making money off of this so S-Purple would have a hard time with any legal action he might threaten against anyone involved in an open source BS. S-Purple's artwork wasn't amazing and would be easy to mimic or improve upon, meaning the community could easily pick up where the BS team left off. And no matter how much S-Purple might gripe about the project were it to happen, there's not much he could do about it.

Is there some reason someone hasn't done this yet? It's not like the demand for this game no longer exists, it used to take in five figures per month. Cloud Meadow is a piece of shit and nothing else with the same concept has cropped up with any level of quality. If someone with knowledge of flash animation and programming were to take up a donation-based fan continuation of this game they could make a load of money. Take bitcoin if it's a legal issue. Maybe even get a team of animators working for cryptobucks. If someone were to put out a new version with new animations you would instantly find investors.
Fornax
Newly Registered

Postby Oni-Zero » Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:30 pm

Tbh that's the most suprising thing since the game died, H-Bomb just vanished and S-Purple is using the money to make... well... basically the same but worse (i downloaded a free build last year, around 200mb file that after being unzip turned into an 8gb file and the game hardly runs despite just having an unfinished tutorial as all the content in the game) S-Purple just owns the assets but not the engine and as i said before H-Bomb is gone, this game was quite hyped when it existed so i fail to know why or how is it possible that everyone seemingly jumped off the train to just jump to other Patreon games that are in... well... petty much the same circumstance (being in developement hell even though they have more that enough money that what they asked for)

For now i have enough reason to believe that those who pay on Patreon just want to spend their money on "Games" that even they realize that it won't be finished and that the rest are just waiting with popcorn in hand until the developement of those "Games" gets cancelled just to spit on those who paid, making all of this into some sort of elaborate ruse where people are expected to feel anything (be pity, anger, sorrow, etc.) for everyone involved (backers, fans, "developers",etc).

TL;DR: The game and the engine are dead and no one gives two shits about either, people were just in for the trainwreck, i hope in vain that this shitfest won't become the norm.
Oni-Zero
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects