Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Donation Voting! [Game Update 4/29/2013

Postby Ironvein » Sun May 05, 2013 7:51 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
zoig Wrote:Harpy and butt stallion animation comes too quickly :P

That depends how long you watch the loop before clicking :P

Actually no sex animation there, it's straight to cumshot. Original animation missing.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Ironvein » Sun May 05, 2013 8:41 pm

Has been a while since a hotfix/update, so I thought I'd compile the 'current issues' of 3.4.4 together as of 5/5/13.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

5/5/13 Breeding Season (3.4.4) Bug Report Summary

Cosmetic (errors that do not affect gameplay, just look odd).

• UI elements overlapping in breeding pen.

• ‘Cloud in the Wall’ still present.

• Harpie/Butt Stallions got straight to cumshot. Missing sex animation.

• Monster names appearing at the top of the screen for no reason and staying there. The trigger seems to be in the pens, but still don’t know the cause. Save/Load only way to refresh the screen.

• Client ‘Demand’ title and ‘Sell Monster’ button text are ‘scrollable’.

Game Logic (not so much error, as something not making sense)

• ‘All stat’ requirement sometimes trumps a single stat requirement.

• Store Bought Monsters appear with TOO many traits early in game. Doesn’t seem to follow the same principal as the client for traits (easiest way to fix).

• First Clients sometimes have a trait requirement. The method originally described should not be able to do that.

• CatSquirt and Harpy Grease are the only consumables available for purchase until other pens are bought (it seems anyway). I thought every breed would be available.

• Occasionally, unable to sell monster despite fitting requirements. Save/Load has been reported to fix that.

• Hotkeys and spaces stop working from time to time. Usually clicking some action will return the functionality.

Game Hampering Issues. (Things that are just now working well in the current version)

• Growth still buggy. (Triggered Math discussion)

• Saving not maintained if another page is loaded.

• Breeding modifiers transfer to offspring TOO easily now. Enough to question the need of Breeding Stock.

The rest of the posts were mostly suggestions rather than errors/problems so I did not include those.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon May 06, 2013 1:45 am

Unfortunately I think the cum-shot animation update is going to have to be delayed until next week. Sorry guys.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Aliciacullen » Mon May 06, 2013 1:53 am

aww :(
Baby Girl has fangs <3
Aliciacullen

Postby Saiusere » Mon May 06, 2013 11:33 pm

1stly, since no one else seems to have noticed. Gold Client sales are unlocking silver traits more often than Gold traits.

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:Breeding modifiers are, in fact, easier to get now, as it rolls once to see if it transfers the modifiers, then rolls again to see if it transfers half of the modifier instead if you didn't get the whole one. I might change it back if making it easier was actually unnecessary.

It would take a substantial overhaul, but have you considered going to a more 'genetic' method of handling such modifiers?

Render each breeding mod as a two-column array. Each column representing one of the Monster's 'genes' Values for each column would be -1, 0, or 1.
A monster with a blue + currently would have [1,1] genes
Black + would be [1,0] or [0,1]
Weak + (catgirl with + stam, for example) would be [1,-1] or [-1,1]
Black - would be [-1,0] or [0,-1]
And [-1,-1] would result in a blue -
When two monsters produce offspring, one column is chosen randomly from the father, and one from the mother. Those two 'genes' become the values for the child.

You could also apply this logic to traits.
Traits can be marked as dominant or recessive, depending on how rare you want them to be. A dominant trait would appear on a monster that has at least one positive gene for that trait. Recessive ones would require both genes to be positive.
Mutually exclusive traits (cruel vs. altruistic, strong family resemblance vs. are you sure you're not adopted, etc.) could be represented on the same gene using the -1,0,1 method above. As a bonus you could have weird effects for monsters that have [-1,1] genes.
Scaling traits could be represented by genes that scale from 0-5, with the sum of both genes being the rank the child possesses. Example: A Butt Stallion with Geyser 1 (Genes [1,0]) has a Child with a Holstaurus with Geyser 3 (Genes [2,1]). Random selection picks the 1 Gene from both. The Child starts with Geyser 2, but because it inherited a positive value from both parents, the growth function increments one of the genes at random, giving the child Geyser 3.
This could also give you some interesting flexibility for dealing with incest. Create hidden recessive negative versions for traits that don't have them, and assign them to children of incest. Example, a child of incest gains a hidden -1 gene in the 'no downsides' row. It breeds with its sister who also has a hidden -1 in that gene. Their child now has [-1,-1] in the 'no downsides' trait and gains the negative trait 'no upsides' making it extraordinarily difficult to increase the child's stats.

This can also be adapted for stat caps and appearance traits, but that's quite a bit more complicated.
Saiusere
Newly Registered

Postby Mr.Nook » Mon May 06, 2013 11:49 pm

So many ideas on the table and such. I'll just be waiting patiently until the creator places their decision on what is going to be added to it.
Mr.Nook

Postby themadcow » Tue May 07, 2013 3:31 am

As a side note will Futanari Trait lead to children, and if so will males with the trait have children if they have sex with other males?
themadcow
Newly Registered

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Tue May 07, 2013 7:25 am

themadcow Wrote:As a side note will Futanari Trait lead to children, and if so will males with the trait have children if they have sex with other males?

Futanari trait description states female monsters with male genitals. I think the reverse of that is pretty niche.
eroticgrapefruit

Postby Stazza » Tue May 07, 2013 8:55 pm

In my opinion the thing that needs tweaking the most is the traits of shop monsters later in the game. I got to a point on my game where almost every monster in the shop always had Altruistic, Gentle and No Downsides, and half of them had Cruel (which combined with Altruistic meant they had no modifiers) and even if they did the couldn't lower any stats as they had Gentle as well. on top of that they all had at least 6 other traits which made the game pretty much impossible to continue.
Stazza
Newly Registered

Postby gaser20 » Tue May 07, 2013 11:41 pm

I'd suggest setting up the perks to exclude others. altruistic and cruel for instance should never be on the same monster, Gentle and cruel together should be very rare if ever ((but not impossible, as it can enable breeding new monsters with negative modifiers without dropping the stats of a monster you worked hard to raise))

I would also suggest adding support for multiple save's, right now you have to move the save files in order to create a second save for a new game if you should decide to start again after beating the game, but don't want to give up the progress in case an update adds more to do. *cough*
gaser20

Postby DemonKnightRaziel » Wed May 08, 2013 12:41 am

This game is deliciously addicting, probably one of the few games of it's type I like XD Perverted monster rancher/pokemonesque. The church thing just annoys be though, but thats easy enough to ignore for now :mrgreen: 42k in with a good stable so far, gotta keep the human knocked up :lol:

And what the check is this .swf written in, anyway? Not a single .sol editor I have works on it, keeps displaying various weird errors.
DemonKnightRaziel

Postby SapphicKatherine » Wed May 08, 2013 2:20 am

I would also suggest adding support for multiple save's, right now you have to move the save files in order to create a second save for a new game if you should decide to start again after beating the game, but don't want to give up the progress in case an update adds more to do. *cough*

I thought the save files wouldn't be compatible between versions, If they are then awesome! I agree that save slots would be useful, especially in a game with so much experimentation. I know I've had to lose a month from time to time when I haven't saved in a while and wound up breeding my monsters into a incestuous mess.

Thank you, HartistaPipebomb, for the awesome game.
SapphicKatherine

Postby Justapuppet » Wed May 08, 2013 3:44 am

Saiusere Wrote:1stly, since no one else seems to have noticed. Gold Client sales are unlocking silver traits more often than Gold traits.

From how it was described, I thought the implication was that the chance of unlocking a gold trait would be lower than that of a silver trait.
That said, I have noticed as well that the chance of it seems to be... really, really low, such that I have to be almost done unlocking all the silvers for it to pick up starting to unlock golds.
(It could just be bad luck though, and I've only had time to observe it once or twice)

... I also just now notice, though, that the basic tutorial in the game is starting to become quite outdated. A lot of the stuff that isn't set in stone might not be worth changing in the tutorial as soon as it's updated, but for new players, it's probably a good idea to revisit it and change the stuff to be more relevant to the newer versions.
When time affords it, of course.
Justapuppet

Postby DemonKnightRaziel » Wed May 08, 2013 12:11 pm

Bit of a bug, or something that should at least be changed. When the random changeling lottery of monsters popped out as a butt stallion, which I was already full up on, I decided to sell one instead. However, selling it did not remove the need to ditch one, the screen was still there, so even though I was back down to 5 butt stallions, I had to trash one for no reason at all.
DemonKnightRaziel

Postby LoneWolf » Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 pm

I actually like the long lists of traits that the shop monsters end up with after a while.

Raising the stat-caps of your monsters pretty much just requires grinding through enough generations, and getting multiple positive breeding modifiers isn't too difficult either. Isolating a new trait from the Altruistic-Cruel-Gentle-etc. mess that shop-bought monsters always bury it in, on the other hand, actually forces you to pay attention to which monsters you're using instead of just breeding your best few monsters together to get an even better monster.

That could just be me, though.
Cogito, ergo... something.
LoneWolf

Postby DraconisOminous » Wed May 08, 2013 8:08 pm

I like the game. Very interesting premise. I'm just having two problems. The second problem is simply my inability to find the sixth species of monster. I've done more gold missions then there was gold traits for, and haven't run across it. Is it in some location I'm just not seeing?

Yes, I'm doing it in backwards order simply because this one is slightly more important and possibly buggy. . . unless I'm doing the wrong thing here. I've yet to have the character be impregnated (yes,it is running 3.4). Unless I have the worst luck ever, even 50 harvests with a Butt Stallion with a 100% Breeding modifer due to Too Stronk and four Healthy items to boost fertility by 40%. I'll run through with a few higher numbers if possible, but unless the RNG hates me or I'm doing something wrong.
DraconisOminous

Postby eroticgrapefruit » Wed May 08, 2013 11:14 pm

Player pregnancy doesn't happen with harvest, it happens when you breed a male monster with itself.
eroticgrapefruit

Postby SapphicKatherine » Thu May 09, 2013 3:46 am

I believe I found a bug regarding selling to clients from the breeding pen:

1: Breed monsters until they give birth to a monster with a full building, such as the catgirl pen.

2: choose to keep the new monster.

3: on the screen that shows 6 monsters, click the client button and sell a monster to a client.

4: return to the screen where you are expected to choose a monster to release. The monster you sold will still be there.

5: if you choose to not release a monster at that point, you lose the monster you sold AND the monster that you bred, leaving you with 4 instead of 5.
SapphicKatherine

Postby DraconisOminous » Thu May 09, 2013 7:02 am

Thanks Erotic Grape Fruit, for some reason that seemed. . . like a stupid thing to try.
DraconisOminous

Postby Mr D » Thu May 09, 2013 12:48 pm

DraconisOminous Wrote:Thanks Erotic Grape Fruit, for some reason that seemed. . . like a stupid thing to try.

How is that a stupid thing to try? If you have 1 monster with all positive modifiers and other monsters with negative modifiers than you would logically try to see if it is not possible to just breed the profitable monster that has no downsides(aka the whole point of the game).
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects