Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season (Monster Breeder) [New Poll 3/6/2013]

Postby Kanda » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:07 pm

i like this game alot! do you accep donations?
Kanda
Newly Registered

Postby totallybob » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:24 pm

xxumberxx Wrote:Vote for minotaurs or I hope you get anally ravished by one in the middle of the night.

Whoah, bro, threats like that hurt everybody.
totallybob
Newly Registered

Postby Calpico » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:54 pm

I think a reasonable price for a monster would be ~$45. how much work would you say is put into animating a new monster's scene with every existing monster + harvesting?

I don't think that going with pay-to-vote is a good idea unless you're getting absolutely no money
$5 is a fine amount for adding a monster to a poll

another thing that you could do is only add monsters from commission, but that may not attract people and make it seem as if the game isn't in production to some
Calpico

Postby nekobasu » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:16 pm

This game is awesome so far, but male harpies... just no. ;)

BUG: I noticed that if you hadn't bought the stallion building before you bought the holo...cowladies building, you couldn't buy the stallions building.

Thanks for putting your time into this game <3
nekobasu
Newly Registered

Postby Songoku67 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:34 pm

Great game so far, it's pretty fantastic. Are you also going to allow anonymous commenting on your blog? So people don't have to go through a long sign up process just to comment on your blog?
Songoku67
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:55 pm

It's a little sad voting for monsters so far in the future when there's already a few planned beforehand. Maybe chill the polls a bit?
FruitSmoothie

Postby humanchair » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:05 pm

yillsemkcuf Wrote:Just A wonder-in, can yoy have a single creature with +'s in all six stats? I've managed to get five in a few of the races and was wondering if I was just wasting my time going for gold. Thx

I got all of the different species at 6+'s its just a bitch to do without getting the incest thing. My advice get a cow with geyser and keep switching between horses and wolves.

For me it went horse, cat, harpy, wolf, and finally the cow oddly enough my first batch of sixes all turned out pink.
humanchair
Newly Registered

Postby satsuinohado1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:07 pm

From reading some of this thread I've seen it's been asked a few times in regards to the gay scenes. Though, since you're relying a lot on polls to get the feel for what your fans want, I was just curious if there will be any polls regarding gay scenes, to kind of get the gist on who wants it, or who doesn't, or who are indifferent to it?

Also if there are going to be some way later on, is it the males like the cat boy who are more feminine-esque that will be focused on first?

Love the game so far.
satsuinohado1
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:47 pm

satsuinohado1 Wrote:From reading some of this thread I've seen it's been asked a few times in regards to the gay scenes. Though, since you're relying a lot on polls to get the feel for what your fans want, I was just curious if there will be any polls regarding gay scenes, to kind of get the gist on who wants it, or who doesn't, or who are indifferent to it?

Also if there are going to be some way later on, is it the males like the cat boy who are more feminine-esque that will be focused on first?

Love the game so far.

Well think of it this way, out of all the people who like this game, how many WANT to see the gay animations? Some people may be okay with it, some indifferent, some completely turned off by it, but how many actually want it as much or more than female/male or female/female? Not many. So it's obvious from a business standpoint that it should be very low on the priority list.

He doesn't need to make a poll about it to know that. Infact, a poll would just skew the results in this case. People are more likely to vote if they are into something than if they are indifferent to it. Him spending time on malexmale animations would mean less work on female/female and male/female and people may vote for it not understanding how much other content would be put back to have malexmale animations.

Simply: A majority of the fans would rather have female/female and male/female animations than malexmale. It doesn't need a poll, it's common sense.
FruitSmoothie

Postby satsuinohado1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:
satsuinohado1 Wrote:From reading some of this thread I've seen it's been asked a few times in regards to the gay scenes. Though, since you're relying a lot on polls to get the feel for what your fans want, I was just curious if there will be any polls regarding gay scenes, to kind of get the gist on who wants it, or who doesn't, or who are indifferent to it?

Love the game so far.

Well think of it this way, out of all the people who like this game, how many WANT to see the gay animations? Some people may be okay with it, some indifferent, some completely turned off by it, but how many actually want it as much or more than female/male or female/female? Not many. So it's obvious from a business standpoint that it should be very low on the priority list.

No offense man, but i wasn't asking you.

Also you shouldn't speak for everyone, personally i do want to see it, and other people in the thread have also asked for it. To get a rough estimate on who wants what, the best solution would be to put up a poll. You just giving a rash generalizations based on opinionated ignorance, doesn't really help much in any way at all. I mean that with as much respect as i possibly can say that, I'm not trying to be rude, but it's true.

Just because you believe people don't want to see it more than other things, doesn't mean anything at all. There's a place for subjective opinions and replying, but when I'm directly asking the creator if he would think about putting up a poll so people like you won't generalize and speak for everyone, to get a gist of what everyone wants and NOT just the vocal few like yourself, it kinda renders the whole point of my post moot.

Thank you for replying though, again i don't mean any disrespect.

FruitSmoothie Wrote:Well think of it this way, out of all the people who like this game, how many WANT to see the gay animations? Some people may be okay with it, some indifferent, some completely turned off by it, but how many actually want it as much or more than female/male or female/female? Not many. So it's obvious from a business standpoint that it should be very low on the priority list.

He doesn't need to make a poll about it to know that. Infact, a poll would just skew the results in this case. People are more likely to vote if they are into something than if they are indifferent to it. Him spending time on malexmale animations would mean less work on female/female and male/female and people may vote for it not understanding how much other content would be put back to have malexmale animations.

Simply: A majority of the fans would rather have female/female and male/female animations than malexmale. It doesn't need a poll, it's common sense.

Well you edited your post, so let me edit mine to respond to the rest of your updated post.

Again, you don't know what people want. It's unfair to speak for people, because a majority of times, the vocal ones are the minority. A poll does not skew anything, he's already said it's something he may focus on, and something he may do later due to the demand. How can one find the demand if the few that speak up either get spoken against quickly or brushed aside. It would be much more simple to throw up a poll to get an idea on who wants what specifically. As well as I'm sure people understand the development process, but then again you have a knack for speaking for other people.

Your opinions aren't common sense either. Sorry to break it to you -

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/opinion

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/common%20sense

There are no facts, just simple subjective observations based on, pretty much this thread, which is near nothing to go on because a minority who have played the game have posted in here, and the situation isn't determinable because there hasn't been effort established to try to determine it. So you're wrong. I proposed a better solution to actually get evidence on what people would like to see, which i think is fair. Plus he's posting polls all the time as it is, and has a blog.

Again I'm trying to be respectful of your opinion here.
Last edited by satsuinohado1 on Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
satsuinohado1
Newly Registered

Postby Songoku67 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:

Love the game so far.

Wow, what a snarky reply.

Who the hell are you anyways? You're awful entitled to be throwing out your opinions and calling them common sense, which you seem to be a bit devoid of there buddy.

If someone suggests a poll, don't you think it's up to the creator to make one, not you? Of course he doesn't need to make anything at all, but why are you speaking for him? I'm pretty sure he's a big boy and can decide on what to do.

Second of all, i assume EVERYONE has a right to speak and suggest things. Even suggest things you personally don't like, and if you don't like that, then grow up. I don't understand how people like you jump on others and try to beat down their suggestions when you have NOTHING to do with the creative process.

Furthermore you even belittle the people who come on here saying that people may not "understand" that developing other things that other people may like, takes away development time in other areas. Sure, of course it would, that right there is common sense, and I'm pretty sure people can derive that when they vote for one thing, the other thing may not be given priority.

You just came off completely rude, and entitled.
Songoku67
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:13 pm

Just stating facts. You're free to like whatever you want, but it is true that more people would rather see female/female and male/female then male/male. That's not an opinion, it's just statistics. I didn't even say whether or not I wanted them in. You say he's free to give his opinion and then jump me for being against it. A little hypocritical there eh? I didn't attack him like you tried to just do to me, derp.

I said people may not understand if he worded the poll badly and they didn't read the thread before voting. It wasn't to belittle anyone. It can be a simple mistake to miss that. If he said like "Who wants me to work on malexmale animations?" People would probably just vote for it without knowing he also was planning to work on male/female and female/female because it means extra content. If it just sounds like no malexmale or malexmale are the only options, more people would vote malexmale.

Again, this is just from a business standpoint. If he wants to reach the most people possible.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Songoku67 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:25 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:Just stating facts. You're free to like whatever you want, but it is true that more people would rather see female/female and male/female then male/male. That's not an opinion, it's just statistics. I didn't even say whether or not I wanted them in. You say he's free to give his opinion and then jump me for being against it. A little hypocritical there eh? I didn't attack him like you tried to just do to me, derp.

I said people may not understand if he worded the poll badly and they didn't read the thread before voting. It wasn't to belittle anyone. It can be a simple mistake to miss that.

I don't think you know what facts are. You just keep saying your opinionated replies are facts. Even if this is a game suited for obviously femalexfemale, and malexfemale, it doesn't mean the userbase wouldn't like to see malexmale. Statistics haven't even been measured, (which is what polls are for, which is ironic because you're against a poll which would actually BRING statistics).

You're right, you do have the right to speak and suggest things. I also have the right to point out that you're being entitled and speaking for everyone, not knowing what facts are, and bashing other people's suggestions. I don't know what part of that you didn't understand, but hey, i can quote myself if you're a bit dyslexic there-

"Second of all, i assume EVERYONE has a right to speak and suggest things. Even suggest things you personally don't like, and if you don't like that, then grow up. I don't understand how people like you jump on others and try to beat down their suggestions when you have NOTHING to do with the creative process."

See, everyone has a right to talk and suggest things. I said i don't understand the point of jumping on someone ELSE'S suggestions when you have nothing to do with the creative process. Not only that but you don't seem to understand anything even you yourself are saying. Hypocrisy isn't following one's standards, beliefs ect., that one preaches about. Considering i said everyone has the right to speak and suggest things, and suggest things that people don't like, and i don't understand how people merit suggestions others make as cause for speaking for people and beating down their suggestions, that isn't hypocrisy.

Because you made no suggestions, you spoke for people, you were rude, said your opinions were facts, and keep using words that i don't think you know the meaning of.
Songoku67
Newly Registered

Postby satsuinohado1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:38 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:Just stating facts. You're free to like whatever you want, but it is true that more people would rather see female/female and male/female then male/male. That's not an opinion, it's just statistics. I didn't even say whether or not I wanted them in. You say he's free to give his opinion and then jump me for being against it. A little hypocritical there eh? I didn't attack him like you tried to just do to me, derp.

I said people may not understand if he worded the poll badly and they didn't read the thread before voting. It wasn't to belittle anyone. It can be a simple mistake to miss that. If he said like "Who wants me to work on malexmale animations?" People would probably just vote for it without knowing he also was planning to work on male/female and female/female because it means extra content. If it just sounds like no malexmale or malexmale are the only options, more people would vote malexmale.

Again, this is just from a business standpoint. If he wants to reach the most people possible.

You have no proof, no evidence, no nothing. I'm trying to suggest something that would show what people would want. I'm afraid that is an opinion unless you're basing your "statistics" off of this thread, in which case that's again not much to base anything off of. But let's speak "statistics".

Let me break it down for you, in an example.

There are currently 209 unique Users who have voted so far in this poll. Have all of them, or even half of those unique users commented in this thread? No, they have not, those are all users who have come on here, and who have played the game, that's not including the possible thousands that have played the game elsewhere or have been guests on the thread.

The people who speak on this thread are the minority. So those are some pretty easy statistics there. Now how would one get better statistics? My suggestion was a poll. Something that was just suggested optionally because he spoke about gay content.

If he worded the poll badly, I'm sure he has you, and many other users to say he did so. A simple mistake can be easily fixed, which makes this "issue", incredibly redundant, and almost nonsensical to even bring up.

Last i checked this also wasn't a business, nor a business standpoint considering you don't really seem to have any argument at all. I don't really understand even in the slightest what you're getting at other than "no don't do it because i said so". If you want to reach out to the people who view your game to get more opinions, you do just that, a poll would be a good start if he so chooses to do so. Which again, was just a suggestion.

Hopefully this clarified some things for you.
satsuinohado1
Newly Registered

Re: Monster Breeder [Update 2/9/2013]

Postby Mr D » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:38 pm

Ok I will break it up in here a little. This is what Hartsta stated about the gay content.

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:One of the things I do have planned are somewhat more bishy male elf monsters that can serve something of a "victim" role for the female monsters. Like I said, I don't have male-on-male planned right off the bat but it's very much something that could find it's way in eventually.

AND
HartistaPipebomb Wrote:And male-male breeding will always be an option, it's just a matter of whether the animations will be there. I liked the suggestion for an option between gay sex or a threeway with the player.

This was in the the first pages of this topic(but I am sure you know that). So I do not really understand what you are arguing about -_-. It is basically the answer to your poll since it was addressed already .
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey guys, quit arguing. This line of conversation is dumb.

Gay animations will be going into the game, it's just a question of when. Even if there's only a minority of players who currently enjoy the game who'd like them, I think the addition will probably bring in more players, and honestly I just like the idea of inclusiveness when it comes to these sorts of projects.

If anything, the biggest problem with male-on-male animations right now is that out of the monsters I have I imagine that the demand for male-on-male is pretty low. I imagine this will change as I add more human-esque and "prettier" male monsters.
HartistaPipebomb

Re: Monster Breeder [Update 2/9/2013]

Postby satsuinohado1 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:58 pm

Mr D Wrote:This was in the the first pages of this topic(but I am sure you know that). So I do not really understand what you are arguing about -_-. It is basically the answer to your poll since it was addressed already .

HartistaPipebomb Wrote: I'm also planning on not having any male-on-male animations (at least initially, maybe later if people really want it) so that will cut down on the cost of adding new male monsters.

Right here he states if people "really want it", and later. Again, what you don't seem to understand is this is a suggestion for him, based on this statement, which is completely optional and to gauge if people want it.

Hopefully that helps clarify why i suggested it in the first place, if you don't understand why there was an argument, it's pretty apparent by just looking at what was said. Sorry if i was part of an "argument", but i only replied to a response i myself got, what happened after, happened.

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:Hey guys, quit arguing. This line of conversation is dumb.

Gay animations will be going into the game, it's just a question of when. Even if there's only a minority of players who currently enjoy the game who'd like them, I think the addition will probably bring in more players, and honestly I just like the idea of inclusiveness when it comes to these sorts of projects.

If anything, the biggest problem with male-on-male animations right now is that out of the monsters I have I imagine that the demand for male-on-male is pretty low. I imagine this will change as I add more human-esque and "prettier" male monsters.

I apologize, but i only responded to a response i got from a suggestion. The suggestion for a poll was to see how much of a "demand" there is. But thanks for taking to the time to read my suggestion either way.
satsuinohado1
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 pm

There are more people in the world interested in male/female than people who are interested in male/male (Fact). He plans to take donations or sell this game in some way (Using multiple sites), whether for money or for attention. If he wants to reach the most people possible with his game, male/male should be lower priority than female/female and male/female, correct? Because you want to focus on the majority.

This is not an opinion of mine, it's statistics. I haven't even given my opinion on whether or not I'd rather have them in the game in these posts, for all you know based on what I've said, I could want male/male. I'm just thinking logically here. You say I have no proof, go look up any sexual orientation statistics. He plans to have all the content in anyways. It's not like it's a matter of no gay content at all.
FruitSmoothie

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:06 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:There are more people in the world interested in male/female than people who are interested in male/male (Fact). He plans to take donations or sell this game in some way (Using multiple sites), whether for money or for attention. If he wants to reach the most people possible with his game, male/male should be lower priority than female/female and male/female, correct? Because you want to focus on the majority.

This is not an opinion of mine, it's statistics. I haven't even given my opinion on whether or not I'd rather have them in the game in these posts, for all you know based on what I've said, I could want male/male. I'm just thinking logically here. You say I have no proof, go look up any sexual orientation statistics. He plans to have all the content in anyways. It's not like it's a matter of no gay content at all.

Again, I would appreciate if everyone just dropped this line of discussion. I'd rather this argument not be cluttering up my thread.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:07 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
FruitSmoothie Wrote:There are more people in the world interested in male/female than people who are interested in male/male (Fact). He plans to take donations or sell this game in some way (Using multiple sites), whether for money or for attention. If he wants to reach the most people possible with his game, male/male should be lower priority than female/female and male/female, correct? Because you want to focus on the majority.

Again, I would appreciate if everyone just dropped this line of discussion. I'd rather this argument not be cluttering up my thread.

Yeah I left the page up while I was drawing and submitted it later, I didn't see the added stuff. Sorry bout that. I'll draw some gay butt monsters for people here sometime.
FruitSmoothie

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects