Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season (Monster Breeder) [New Update 3/2/2013]

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Mechanios Wrote:BEHOLD.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I also found that after running the game for a long period of time, it eventually slows down to the point where I have to switch it to low-quality settings. My guess is that some windows aren't being removed when the player clicks around and goes to different screens with certain windows up. I also found that when you try to add a 1 (or a 2?) to the end of a monsters name when they're bred, it just closes the name window.

If you could test for me, see if the slow down is only a problem when you're interacting with monsters in their pens or if it also happens on other screens.

I'm aware of the slow down in the pens, and it's just a result of having too many movie clips all going on at once (I may change it so that some or all of the monsters stay static in their pens). If there's slow-down outside the pens, though, then that's a problem (might be due to event listeners I'm not handling correctly, I'd have to investigate).

EDIT: The "1" closing the naming window was actually an intentional shortcut. When I put it in there it didn't occur to me that people might want to put numbers in their monsters' names :P.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Elerneron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:28 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:EDIT: The "1" closing the naming window was actually an intentional shortcut. When I put it in there it didn't occur to me that people might want to put numbers in their monsters' names :P.

I use roman numerals.
Elerneron

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:03 pm

Now with the hideously deformed incest babies, there's more reason to keep track of the monster's ancestors. I'm either going to have to start naming everything or writing things down... Usually I only start naming monsters when they're 4+ positive or more.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Krios2401 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 8:37 pm

I haven't gotten the chance to really see the drawbacks to incest, nor have i tested the new monster out since my laptop's flash player crapped out before i could purchase a Holtosaurus that didn't drop a critical stat (which means i'll be testing that save feature soon) i can say i thoroughly enjoyed the new Butt Stallion animation. Keep it coming please!
Krios2401

Postby Destrocto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:22 pm

If you add bunnygirls, are they going to also have the playboy bunny tops, and platform heels or is it more furry without the top and heels.
Would prefer the first instead of the latter.
Doesn't have to be all monsters...

Also this game has pretty good potential
I suggest just a suggestion, You look for a person who would want to help you on the art and animations.
Maybe add varying boob sizes.

Just a suggestion.
Look into a possible voice actress. Depending on how you want the game to end up.
Toyloli is offering her voice For MIM and is working on making her voice acting better.
However this is more likely to be done in middle stages of development, as you are still in the early stages.

Anyways, Glad to see you're still making progress with this.

And to the downside of incest feature, A very good idea to put more difficulty into the game!
And give us reasons for really naming the damn things lols.
Lastly, IF you do develop this to its full potential, I highly suggest in the final stages of development you change it from a point and click to an actual walk around to each place and creature etc.
And Add say cum overlays and animations after she has sex with the creatures, Like in MIM Peach's Untold Tale.

I suggest to you all do the, give them a first name, Then their last name is the first name of their father or mother, depending on which species is born.
Last edited by Destrocto on Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Destrocto

Postby Destrocto » Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:37 pm

Also finding a bug within the breed/harvest system, the catgirl is jumping between being able to to it 2 to 3 times within the same day, and sometimes it does this after I bred twice so when I go to check on her it says I can then do it a third time/harvest.
Nvm that must be the new get an effect from their cum drinks.
Destrocto

Postby wolfdog1dmn » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:00 am

Well the save is working now os thats a great thing.
I was having some issues keeping track of which 'went' with which (so I came up with generations which helped greatly) (eg gen 1 would be I (those I bought from the store) gen 2 would be II (with letter prefixes for each one born) etc etc. So I just had to make sure there was no generation crossovers and I was fine

Destrocto's idea of the bunny girl wearing a playboy top/heels might be interesting, but I would find it odd to see a bunny girl and have her be just some girl pretending to be a bunny (eg wearing those bunny 'hoods' or whatever their called) Especailly seeing the cat girls and such.
Now since he has elf girls up there I can assume that there will be others who the top/heels would work on, like a succubus, fae (fairy, sprite, female oni, female imp) etc.

I ran into an odd glitch where none of my traits worked.
No downside would allow negatives through.
Gentle didnt stop a negative from being placed.
wolfdog1dmn

Postby Residentlover2 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 3:22 am

ooh i loved your game :D i finished it after 20 minutes and i really like it ;)
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Postby Nod » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:53 am

The tit fucking that the cowgirls do is great, I've yet to have a problem with the save option, the game hasn't froze up yet (using flash projector), and I now know what all the stats actually do. This is a great update indeed.

The only request I would make is an option to flip the animation so the animals face the right of my screen. I'm probably the only person who cares about this, and it's really not that big of a deal. All in all, great game. Keep up the good work.
Nod
Newly Registered

Postby potatoe234 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:06 am

Just more suggestions, Be able to buy outfits for the farm girl and helpers.

Outfits would increase the amount you harvest from the monsters, Some would be better for the females some would be better for males.

Helpers would allow you to harvest and breed more monsters in a day, but would also cost extra gil every month.

Im enjoying each update more and more.
potatoe234
Newly Registered

Postby Thaedael » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:40 am

Fun game, though had to get through a hard part where EVERY harpy in the store had cruel on it (one had cruel twice -.-). After all that was said and done the lineage or harpies kept getting meaner T^T. One thing I would like, not sure if it is possible, is the ability to close all open windows by going to another area, or just a close all button. Also the ability to sell all in inventory would be nice too.
Thaedael

Postby syllvos » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:26 am

Just wanted to pop in and say that this game is the absolute best. It's the reason I've been visiting the LoK boards every day hoping for an update, and I'd definitely donate for it if you get something set up!
Art style/animation/gameplay/ and frequent updates = THE BEST. although i know you won't update as frequently in the future! Maybe we can convince you to change your mind on that ;)
syllvos
Newly Registered

Postby warlord42 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:22 pm

How do you get other monsters than dickwolfs, harpies and catgirls?
warlord42

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:26 pm

warlord42 Wrote:How do you get other monsters than dickwolfs, harpies and catgirls?

Complete gold clients. It's in the update info though it's kind of hidden now so I can't blame people for not noticing. This thread is getting kind of big now too so all the information given out is kind of hard to find. Welp, maybe I'll write a guide in the future.
FruitSmoothie

Postby MumboJumbo » Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Hi,
i really like your game, although it is in the early alpha. It hath lots of potential to become a really great game.
But there are some things that bother me.

the breeding window :
    Especially with more and more monsters, it is hard to browse through the monters, and keep an overwiev.

my suggestion:
      Just use one ListView, allowing to show more monsters at once. And use Drag-and-Drop, to assign a monster to a Position (Top or bottom).
      And since i like things well-sorted, tabs on the left side of the ListView to just show particular Monsters, would greatly improve useability.
    A little example:
      This could also be used in the buying window .

selling and buying consumables, and feeding them:
    Just minor things, why not use the Doubleclick-event to sell, buy or feed consumables? And the the little notification window, telling you what you just sold, bought or fed, i find is rather annoying than helpful^^ As well as the fact that the feeding window is closing after one feeding.
What i really like to see in some distance future is the interior of the shops ^^.
It would be very nice if you actually see the shop from the inside, talk to the vendor and stuff.
Just to make the World a bit more three-dimensional.

I'm really excited to see this game growing.

I think thats it for now.

post scriptum: the incest offspring, hilarious^^
MumboJumbo
Newly Registered

Postby wallsh » Sun Mar 03, 2013 10:46 pm

I would love the option for male caretakers for female monsters ;) get them girls some cum love
wallsh
Newly Registered

Postby Gorbaz » Mon Mar 04, 2013 1:23 am

Looking good to me, so far. One thing I have noticed though, but not sure if anyone has brought it up yet, is that the story gleaned from the Dialog Test button doesn't have an inpact yet - there is seemingly no negative rresult of getting to month 2, day 1 with uder 10,000 gil
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby Krios2401 » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:57 am

Oh Christ, that Herp-Derp thing... DERPY HOOVES WON'T STOP HAUNTING ME!! GET AWAY INCEST BUTT STALLION, GET AWAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Anyway I've got to wonder, how many servings of Holtosaurus Milk does it take to guarantee conception with each mating? I'm still aggressively trying to pound out creatures with positive modifiers in all stats since Harpy Grease and Horse Cum can take care of mates with negative modifiers, but even after three servings to creature i only wound up getting five offspring out of twelve fuckings.
Krios2401

Postby capsareoff » Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:35 am

This is a very good game please finish it, maybe add some cheats?
capsareoff
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:10 am

Krios2401 Wrote:Oh Christ, that Herp-Derp thing... DERPY HOOVES WON'T STOP HAUNTING ME!! GET AWAY INCEST BUTT STALLION, GET AWAAAAAAAAY!!!!

Anyway I've got to wonder, how many servings of Holtosaurus Milk does it take to guarantee conception with each mating? I'm still aggressively trying to pound out creatures with positive modifiers in all stats since Harpy Grease and Horse Cum can take care of mates with negative modifiers, but even after three servings to creature i only wound up getting five offspring out of twelve fuckings.

The way that fertility works is that each monster has a fertility value (by default, 1), and when they're mated together they have a (monster 1 fertility + monster 2 fertility)/20 chance of having a child. So, normally a pair of monsters has a 1/10 ((1+1)/20) chance of producing offspring. Each time you feed a monster a holstaurus milk it raises their fertility by 3 (the description says it raises their fertility by 30% which isn't accurate).

So, feeding either of the monsters 6 holstaurus milk will make sure you always have a child.
HartistaPipebomb

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects