Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Monster Breeder [New Poll 2/21/2013]

Postby Alluvion » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:16 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:And since I forgot to mention it: the changing boobs/dicks size thing is something I've been interested in adding but it's going to depend a lot on how it affects the animations (many of the animations may just end up looking bad if you vary the size of the genitals).

Thank you so much for listening to my feedback, and I'm glad you had been thinking about this anyway! :)

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
wallsh Wrote:please continue on this game; it's the best game ive ever seen. it's sexy, fun; replayable and not boring at all. I've never posted on any topic before this one please continue i will do anything necessary to aid in the process!

Keep up this kind of talk and I'll start asking you to pay me :P.

If that's what it takes! I would much rather commission you to work on this than someone on furaffinity to draw something for me. :D
Alluvion
Newly Registered

Postby wallsh » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:47 pm

if you were willing to addd things i'd want i'd be more than happy to donate ;)
wallsh
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:40 am

Honestly, I would not at all be against the notion of accepting donations in return for donors getting to pick which monster/feature goes in the game next.

That said, I think I'm going to let the project develop a little more before taking anyone's money :P.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:41 am

psyduck Wrote:not sure how into futa anyone here is but a futa girl of some sort would be cool

Futas are definitely on the menu, it's just a question of when.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby yillsemkcuf » Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:47 am

Alluvion Wrote:
HartistaPipebomb Wrote:And since I forgot to mention it: the changing boobs/dicks size thing is something I've been interested in adding but it's going to depend a lot on how it affects the animations (many of the animations may just end up looking bad if you vary the size of the genitals).

Thank you so much for listening to my feedback, and I'm glad you had been thinking about this anyway! :)

One way to do it would to make all female characters have checks to see if the larger/smaller dick would fit. For example a pixie character could be fucked by any male but only if its dick were of (small -> tiny) size. and A centaur female wouldn't be penetrated by a dick of too small a size, and so would have no reason to participate, and would refuse any (dick < medium) size. In cases where a creature could take larger sizes than normal you could (probably) just change the positioning of characters in reference to each other. Unless of course you want to make all new animations.

I figure this would be nice because it would
A- Limit the number of animations you would need to make
B- Allow you to add more characters with less effort
C- Requier nothing but a single True False check to be added to each female and a single size modifier to each race (and any additional animations you want to make of course)

Also throwing out there that i voted for "other", my other being, pixies
"A Pessimist is what an optimist calls a Realist."
yillsemkcuf

Postby Lex_Liven » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:47 am

One way to do it would to make all female characters have checks to see if the larger/smaller dick would fit. For example a pixie character could be fucked by any male but only if its dick were of (small -> tiny) size. and A centaur female wouldn't be penetrated by a dick of too small a size, and so would have no reason to participate, and would refuse any (dick < medium) size. In cases where a creature could take larger sizes than normal you could (probably) just change the positioning of characters in reference to each other.

Agreed! It's good idea!
I'm not sure my english is good, I'm russian. So I'll be please if you will correct me ;) Thank you for understanding.
Lex_Liven

Re: Breeding Season (Monster Breeder) [New Update 3/2/2013]

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 9:28 am

New update. Enjoy and let me know if you find bugs.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:23 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:New update. Enjoy and let me know if you find bugs.

So happy the save is fixed (So far) it was the first thing I tested lol.

I like the tutorial and now time to test everything else out! Thanks for the update.

1. Really nice mouseover info on the stats, I really wanted that to see exactly what all the stats could do.

2. The various color changes from black to green/red are kind of hard to notice. I know they're meant to be more specific indicators of the positive or negative boost a monster gives but currently it's difficult to see. People see colors differently naturally, have different monitors, or could be a bit colorblind so when the green is just barely noticeable, it's easy to miss. It also seems to reset and go back to pure black randomly or if you get too high for some reason. It still seems to function properly stat change wise though.

3. I want to find out what the penalty for incest is, I only had a chance to try it once and it seems like the offspring of two parent's children together just made a weaker baby. I was hoping it'd be some funny trait.

4. Nice job on the cowgirls :3 They're adorable. Funny Dickwolf animation with them.

I like the consumable effect, though I'm not sure it works. I just fed the male it 10 times and the female 11 times, saved the game and tried breeding them 11 times. I reloaded the save and kept trying over and over again to breed them and still no babies. I also bred two non cowmilk fed partners and they kept making babies as usual at different rates on the same day (0-3 babies a day so far).

This type of thing is really annoying to test since it's all chances and can just be bad luck, but I've done this A LOT lol. It seems like the cow milk consumable breaks baby making.
Last edited by FruitSmoothie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:46 pm, edited 10 times in total.
FruitSmoothie

Postby QuizmasterBos » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 pm

I was able to screw myself over instantly, because I had two dickwolves and barely any money. The clients weren't very helpful either, the bronze one asked me for a dickwolf with a certain amount of fer and I couldn't get that to go up. Since the consumable only increases stats like STR, STA and CHA, I couldn't do anything anymore.

So will the game always keep the chance for the player to be stuck and forced to load a save or start again, or will you add abilities to make money in other ways, presumably selling off the consumables or being able to get rid of your monsters for a small price?

(And yes, I know it has been mentioned before, it's just that I wanted to bring it up again now that the game is taking shape more.)
QuizmasterBos

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:00 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I was able to screw myself over instantly, because I had two dickwolves and barely any money. The clients weren't very helpful either, the bronze one asked me for a dickwolf with a certain amount of fer and I couldn't get that to go up. Since the consumable only increases stats like STR, STA and CHA, I couldn't do anything anymore.

So will the game always keep the chance for the player to be stuck and forced to load a save or start again, or will you add abilities to make money in other ways, presumably selling off the consumables or being able to get rid of your monsters for a small price?

(And yes, I know it has been mentioned before, it's just that I wanted to bring it up again now that the game is taking shape more.)

If you read the fancy new tutorial, you'd know that you can sell consumables that you harvest from your dickwolves. It may take a long time if you screw up and get no stamina monsters but you can still sell enough of them to buy a new monster.
FruitSmoothie

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:49 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I was able to screw myself over instantly, because I had two dickwolves and barely any money. The clients weren't very helpful either, the bronze one asked me for a dickwolf with a certain amount of fer and I couldn't get that to go up. Since the consumable only increases stats like STR, STA and CHA, I couldn't do anything anymore.

You can sell consumables at the consumable shop in town to get more money.

I didn't mention it in the tutorial so maybe I should, but: you should always look at the clients BEFORE buying your monsters, they won't change until you complete one of them.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:53 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:
HartistaPipebomb Wrote:New update. Enjoy and let me know if you find bugs.

So happy the save is fixed (So far) it was the first thing I tested lol.

I like the tutorial and now time to test everything else out! Thanks for the update.

1. Really nice mouseover info on the stats, I really wanted that to see exactly what all the stats could do.

2. The various color changes from black to green/red are kind of hard to notice. I know they're meant to be more specific indicators of the positive or negative boost a monster gives but currently it's difficult to see. People see colors differently naturally, have different monitors, or could be a bit colorblind so when the green is just barely noticeable, it's easy to miss. It also seems to reset and go back to pure black randomly or if you get too high for some reason. It still seems to function properly stat change wise though.

3. I want to find out what the penalty for incest is, I only had a chance to try it once and it seems like the offspring of two parent's children together just made a weaker baby. I was hoping it'd be some funny trait.

4. Nice job on the cowgirls :3 They're adorable. Funny Dickwolf animation with them.

I like the consumable effect, though I'm not sure it works. I just fed the male it 10 times and the female 11 times, saved the game and tried breeding them 11 times. I reloaded the save and kept trying over and over again to breed them and still no babies. I also bred two non cowmilk fed partners and they kept making babies as usual at different rates on the same day (0-3 babies a day so far).

This type of thing is really annoying to test since it's all chances and can just be bad luck, but I've done this A LOT lol. It seems like the cow milk consumable breaks baby making.

I appreciate you testing this out for me, I'll look into making sure the fertility mods work.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Elerneron » Sat Mar 02, 2013 3:59 pm

As a fan of incest, I have of course discovered the new trait. Fricking Hil-ar-i-ous! I see heavy culling in my farming future. lol
Elerneron

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Elerneron Wrote:As a fan of incest, I have of course discovered the new trait. Fricking Hil-ar-i-ous! I see heavy culling in my farming future. lol

Glad you like it: I suggest (1) getting a stable full of butt stallions with the trait and (2) watching the butt stallion harvest animation with the trait.

Not because this is actually beneficial, but because it is ridiculous.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:06 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:I appreciate you testing this out for me, I'll look into making sure the fertility mods work.

The worst part is that those two monsters together seem to not be able to make babies ever again now. I advanced to the next day (And saved) and did the same testing on them without any cows milk and they still aren't making babies. I did it about a dozen times now which is nearly 0% chance of them not creating any offspring. I think I broke them with too much cow drugs, fuck. Lol

I'm glad I kept a backup altruistic Dickwolf with good stats. Everybody else is still breeding fine.

Oh god I just found the incest thing, ahaha. Well played.
Last edited by FruitSmoothie on Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FruitSmoothie

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:10 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:
HartistaPipebomb Wrote:I appreciate you testing this out for me, I'll look into making sure the fertility mods work.

The worst part is that those two monsters together seem to not be able to make babies ever again now. I advanced to the next day (And saved) and did the same testing on them without any cows milk and they still aren't making babies. I did it about a dozen times now which is nearly 0% chance of them not creating any offspring. I think I broke them with too much cow drugs, fuck. Lol

I'm glad I kept a backup altruistic Dickwolf with good stats. Everybody else is still breeding fine.

I (hopefully) fixed it, though I'm not sure if your monsters will ever recover from their horrible cow drug burnout.

Your save should still work, at least.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:25 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
FruitSmoothie Wrote:

I (hopefully) fixed it, though I'm not sure if your monsters will ever recover from their horrible cow drug burnout.

I was playing in Chrome and now the load/new game doesn't even show up. Weird, I had to erase my cache and replace the 1 with a 0 in my url. Chrome is odd. Why the heck is Chrome suddenly trying to remember the old state of flash files on websites (It said it was still viewed 60+ times by people even though on Firefox it said under 10 people viewed the updated file)?

Saves are gone though. Welp time to try again :P
FruitSmoothie

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:53 pm

FruitSmoothie Wrote:
HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
FruitSmoothie Wrote:The worst part is that those two monsters together seem to not be able to make babies ever again now. I advanced to the next day (And saved) and did the same testing on them without any cows milk and they still aren't making babies. I did it about a dozen times now which is nearly 0% chance of them not creating any offspring. I think I broke them with too much cow drugs, fuck. Lol

I was playing in Chrome and now the load/new game doesn't even show up. Weird, I had to erase my cache and replace the 1 with a 0 in my url. Chrome is odd. Why the heck is Chrome suddenly trying to remember the old state of flash files on websites (It said it was still viewed 60+ times by people even though on Firefox it said under 10 people viewed the updated file)?

Saves are gone though. Welp time to try again :P

Hrm, hopefully I haven't done anything wrong.

At any rate, I've done sufficient testing that I'm pretty positive the holstaurus milk will always work now.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:06 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:

Hrm, hopefully I haven't done anything wrong.

At any rate, I've done sufficient testing that I'm pretty positive the holstaurus milk will always work now.

I'll say. I just fed only the cowgirl this time 11 milks, and she just made 11 babies in a row on my first try haha. Baby machine activated. It also didn't continue on into the next day, seems good. Nice fix.
FruitSmoothie

Postby Mechanios » Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:47 pm

BEHOLD.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I also found that after running the game for a long period of time, it eventually slows down to the point where I have to switch it to low-quality settings. My guess is that some windows aren't being removed when the player clicks around and goes to different screens with certain windows up. I also found that when you try to add a 1 (or a 2?) to the end of a monsters name when they're bred, it just closes the name window.
Mechanios

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects