Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby MurderInc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:23 am

Stevenator Wrote:Is it entirely unjustified to complain about the development process? They get $31,711 per month off Patreon right now, that is a LOT of money for a game developing so slowly.
Not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of making a game but I have seen plenty games be made in a much shorter time just as a hobby, for free.
So this is a bit ridiculous, they each gain more money than most hope to gain with actual jobs and it's still this inconsistent and they still keep adding to their work load?
I can't wait for the game to be finished but they should just stop adding stuff, finish it as is and then do a second game after looking at feedback. There are more than enough combinations in the game and more than enough monsters to breed.

If you don't know the ins and outs of making a game, you could search online for interviews with indie developers.
Or you could even download some of the many freeware game development softwares out there. They've made it so simple that people with no experience in programming can start building their own games from scratch. Although you do need some art skills if you want to make your own art assets, and some programming expertise to execute more complicated functions.

The thing that I learnt from messing around with game developing softwares is that in order to build a game like Breeding Season, one only needs a beginner's experience in programming.
The animation on the other hand, is not that difficult either. You don't need advanced skills that the industry people use to create these kinds of animations. You just need good art skills to make your art look appealing. The type of animation used by the Breeding Season team is different than those you see on TV, anime or cartoon. They use something called bone animations, which can be described as "digital cut-out animations".
Just google them.

Regarding the development team, I believe it is justified to complain about the development process.
Breeding Season is in development for 3+ years now, it's too long for a game to be on alpha, especially when you get about $31000 every month. It is rather ridiculous.
I have seen games made by one person without any monetary support as a part-time hobby while dealing with real jobs every weekdays and they managed to make games with larger scope than Breeding Season. Stardew Valley comes to mind, especially since the developer only has experience in composing music, with no previous training or education in game developing, programming, or even art. Yet he managed to finish his game in 4 years while working as a theater usher, with no financial support on his game developing hobbies.

I have long since believed that the developers of Breeding Season had stopped developing the game.
Since money keeps flowing into their bank accounts whether they work on Breeding Season or not, why should they even bother working on it? That's why the progress so far has been very very slow, since they only need to appear that they're still working on the game to get donations.
MurderInc
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:34 am

Well, yes, they are making maybe a bit to much, but even if you gave a person a million dollars to paint a masterpiece in one month that could sell for ten million most likely wont happen. So money aside, time is a big factor that can't be changed. Should the maybe dedicate more time to saying hey look we are finished but just adding more because we can. maybe.

But one thing is certain, they are still working on Breeding Season, and while they, unlike us, no longer post here, will always complain about any game progress. Sure we can say that they don't deserve the money for the amount of effort put in, but that not is not up to us, it is up to the people that support them, they can cancel there support for them at any time they want. Heck, if they are just able to please there supporters enough to keep them feed and with a roof over there head, then good for them. At least there game is not a pile of shite (well maybe a little do to all the new art they have not put in yet), But if you really want to complain about a game that took long time to make with alot of money given to him, Look at Bear Simulator, that game is something to complain about.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby MurderInc » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:48 am

Dead2112man Wrote:Well, yes, they are making maybe a bit to much, but even if you gave a person a million dollars to paint a masterpiece in one month that could sell for ten million most likely wont happen. So money aside, time is a big factor that can't be changed. Should the maybe dedicate more time to saying hey look we are finished but just adding more because we can. maybe.

But one thing is certain, they are still working on Breeding Season, and while they, unlike us, no longer post here, will always complain about any game progress. Sure we can say that they don't deserve the money for the amount of effort put in, but that not is not up to us, it is up to the people that support them, they can cancel there support for them at any time they want. Heck, if they are just able to please there supporters enough to keep them feed and with a roof over there head, then good for them. At least there game is not a pile of shite (well maybe a little do to all the new art they have not put in yet), But if you really want to complain about a game that took long time to make with alot of money given to him, Look at Bear Simulator, that game is something to complain about.

But the thing is, they did agree to develop Breeding Season "Full Time" if they have enough donations.
Stardew Valley was completed within 4 years by a single person with 0 experience with art, programming and game design, as a PART TIME hobby.
Yandere Simulator (still in progress) is developed by only one programmer with some volunteer artists and it shows way more progress in 2 years than Breeding Season's 3+ years. It's a 3D open world game, which mean a ton of programming work compared to Breeding Season which has no player movement whatsoever.

By comparing them to other developers, you can see how incompetent they are at their "Full Time" job.
MurderInc
Newly Registered

Postby MechDragon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:29 am

actually, yandere simulator isn't as complex as it sounds. sure, the animating can be difficult, but all of yandere is low-poly, so modelling isn't complex. the game is made via unity, so you already have an easy-mid difficulty game engine that just needs JavaScript and animations. and most of whatever JavaScript you'd need is already made, free for everyone. meanwhile, the breading season team made their own game engine in flash, as far as i can tell. game engines are what makes game dev take so long most of the time. and now they are in the middle of a well received art overhaul this far into production, which is pretty unprecedented in game deving.
MechDragon

Postby MechDragon » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:58 am

also what you said about stardew valley is very misleading.
Stardew Valley was completed within 4 years by a single person with 0 experience with art, programming and game design, as a PART TIME hobby.

1) he was a computer science degree graduate, who original sought entry level programming jobs before making the game, so he had to have experience with programming. 2) his game is a clone of harvest moon, a game he had "always been a fan of", so he already had a pre-made game design he was familiar with, to work off of. 3) he worked, on average, 10 hours a day, 7 days a week on the project. hard to call that a part time hobby. if anything, the USHER job was the side job, to keep bills payed. 4) its impossible to have 0 experience in art. the level of detail in stardew valley is proof enough that he had at least a sense for art, which requires a decent amount of experience.

source info:
http://www.vulture.com/2016/03/first-time-developer-made-stardew-valley.html
MechDragon

Postby flai53 » Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:32 pm

hi
I wasn't on in for a Long time.
what is the use of feral?
thx
flai53

Postby KiWolfGirl » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:36 am

Sorry to bring this thread up without knowing anything about it, but there are just way too many pages to even read. I remember a long time ago basically catgirls and dickwolves with one simple set of animations for the wolf ( obviously i didnt care about catgirl :)

But the other day i saw a lot of posts on some guy's tumblr doing things like this.
https://e621.net/post/show/769891/anima ... nthro-ball
https://e621.net/post/show/802657/balls ... reeding_se
And there are many more with a lot of new creatures.
Are these just fanart or are these in the game and I can just never find the newest version?
KiWolfGirl

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:14 pm

KiWolfGirl Wrote:Are these just fanart or are these in the game and I can just never find the newest version?

Those are the animation already in/soon will b added in. I believe 7.3 has the full animation you say and the concept art is soon the be animated and should be added in for the 7.? release when every they updated it for the pats. I think there plan is to have all of the different variations of the wolves and cats to be fully animated for version 8 that involves the breeders.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Dead2112man

Postby Flora Meriadoc » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:52 pm

Flora Meriadoc Wrote:
Dead2112man Wrote:HELLO Flora Meriadoc, I would love to answer your problem with a question.

Did you get that version of Breeding Season from here (LOK Forum) or via the Blog they have, Link here if not http://www.breedingseasongame.blogspot.com/
This should fix any problem, if not, then I got no clue.

no, I played it on swfchan, version 7.1.1

got the lastest version on Patreon site and the prob is still the same, can't seem to unlock anything else after Null and because there is still no way to scroll the traits, got a request that

I cannot complete, asking for Selfish and it not listed to those that I can read

http://hpics.li/43dc7c6
Flora Meriadoc

Postby Yamemai » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:10 am

Flora Meriadoc Wrote:
got the lastest version on Patreon site and the prob is still the same, can't seem to unlock anything else after Null and because there is still no way to scroll the traits, got a request that

I cannot complete, asking for Selfish and it not listed to those that I can read

lol, best advice I can give you is increase the: Store Monster Traits and Store Size -- So it's more likely to appear and more monsters appear when you refresh, then hope you get one with it. Otherwise, it's get & level mutagenic and hope it appears :p
Yamemai

Postby Flora Meriadoc » Tue May 03, 2016 12:28 am

Yamemai Wrote:
Flora Meriadoc Wrote:

lol, best advice I can give you is increase the: Store Monster Traits and Store Size -- So it's more likely to appear and more monsters appear when you refresh, then hope you get one with it. Otherwise, it's get & level mutagenic and hope it appears :p

that's one way to do it, or simply let the days run out and wait for a next one, still wonder why I've been told the NULL skill problem have been fixed and even from the Patreon site, I still have that problem
Flora Meriadoc

Postby BreedingElfBlue » Sun May 08, 2016 2:22 am

Hello everyone, newcomer to this site, I basically joined up to say that I had fun with this so far... but I was wondering, are suggestions able to be taken?

Well, for starters, I am not into furries... and I bet a lot of other players are... not really into them as well. Perhaps as an upgrade or an optional switch, it could give monsters with the appearance of animals... more human-like looks, mainly the faces and such.

Since we can get males to fuck each other with little issue, why not go the whole full 9 years, mpreg! Maybe an upgrade or ability unlocked in certain male monsters when they take enough anal, opening them up to be truly bred and bare children.

We all like getting bonuses for giving lots of money to the developers, right? Well, perhaps as a Patreon or donation reward, donator's characters could appear inside the game as bonus rare encounters. Of course, they might still have the same stats as others of their kind, but it is nice to see stuff like this, right? I'd certainly pay 100$ to get my elf Blue in this game if I had enough monies.

Of course, these are just suggestions,ideas for extra content you might want to add when you want to add more stuff. I shall keep on playing, and let you know any more ideas I come up with!

EDIT: Also, I've noticed, that in the current free version for some reason, m/m sex scenes do not happen. They happen with others, and they happen with f/f sex scenes... just not if two men are going at this. Which is strange, because I have played earlier versions and they happened. Maybe they exist with other, more... animal-like monsters, but so far, I have not been seeing any. Which is a darn shame, I wanted to watch me and my harem of elvish men made love to each other.
BreedingElfBlue
Newly Registered

Postby Yamemai » Sun May 08, 2016 9:24 pm

BreedingElfBlue Wrote:Since we can get males to fuck each other with little issue, why not go the whole full 9 years, mpreg! Maybe an upgrade or ability unlocked in certain male monsters when they take enough anal, opening them up to be truly bred and bare children.

... I don't think you've read all the lore yet, as if you did you'll realize there really isn't any pregnancy in the game. if I remember correctly, how your monsters birth new ones is through summonings -- Pretty much the female monster's womb is a portal, and once it's charged with enough energy a new monster is summoned from it, meaning no pregnancy just birthing.
Anyways, I don't get why this 'fetish' keeps coming up, how would it even work? Is it similar to how you take a dump or something? Where the 'baby' would live in your intestinal track, feeding off of your feces, until it's ready to be shat out?

Now then, onto you other points:
1 & 3. As you can probably see, from the first post, the developers don't really bother with this forum, might be a good idea to go the their patreon/blog page, and/or email them. Should be able to find it there.

As for your edit, they've been revamping art and are focusing on the user interface, so the reason is that there may not be any assets to load, or the option may be turned off. (Not sure if it's defaulted as off, since I keep M/M stuff off.)
Yamemai

Postby BreedingElfBlue » Mon May 09, 2016 8:16 pm

Yamemai Wrote:
BreedingElfBlue Wrote:Since we can get males to fuck each other with little issue, why not go the whole full 9 years, mpreg! Maybe an upgrade or ability unlocked in certain male monsters when they take enough anal, opening them up to be truly bred and bare children.

... I don't think you've read all the lore yet, as if you did you'll realize there really isn't any pregnancy in the game. if I remember correctly, how your monsters birth new ones is through summonings -- Pretty much the female monster's womb is a portal, and once it's charged with enough energy a new monster is summoned from it, meaning no pregnancy just birthing.
Anyways, I don't get why this 'fetish' keeps coming up, how would it even work? Is it similar to how you take a dump or something? Where the 'baby' would live in your intestinal track, feeding off of your feces, until it's ready to be shat out?

Now then, onto you other points:
1 & 3. As you can probably see, from the first post, the developers don't really bother with this forum, might be a good idea to go the their patreon/blog page, and/or email them. Should be able to find it there.

As for your edit, they've been revamping art and are focusing on the user interface, so the reason is that there may not be any assets to load, or the option may be turned off. (Not sure if it's defaulted as off, since I keep M/M stuff off.)

Maybe I should have explained it better. I see mpreg being possible with... well, a sort of vagina like hole and a womb attached to the rectum. So, they'd basically have the same portal organs as females if they develop them enough. I know, it seems a little weird, but then again, I find lesbian stuff weird too. One does not simply have sex without penetration... at least in my eyes. I know, you can rub vaginas together, but it's not the same to me.

Oh well, we all have our likes and dislikes. You have your fetishes, I have mine. As long as you don't cram them down my throat, I am happy with everyone being different. Those who force opinions on others like they are the only right way to do things shall be burned. *insert demonic laugh here*

And... I just noticed that the developers did not check on this thread anymore. I might give them an email with a few ideas I have, as well as any bugs I discover.

And also, I just noticed that they're working on the art a whole lot more. I understand that things might take time, and GUI is the most important thing, but when it comes to animations, diversity is best, right. Have too much focus on F/F stuff, and fans of M/M will wonder why they're being ignored. Hopefully development goes smoothly for them.
BreedingElfBlue
Newly Registered

Postby Dead2112man » Tue May 10, 2016 6:11 am

BreedingElfBlue Wrote:And... I just noticed that the developers did not check on this thread anymore. I might give them an email with a few ideas I have, as well as any bugs I discover.

Yes, the developers have created there own blog spot for this game instead, And while you can send your emails, they wont read them do to they focus on info from there Patreons, and unless you are one of them, you won't have the most up to date version of the game, so any bugs you may have found either here, or for their free version at there blog, are out of date.
Dead2112man

Postby ValturNaa » Sat May 14, 2016 5:11 pm

There already is a trait that would accomplish this. It's called Futanari. According to the description this means that a monster has both male and female organs, which means, technically, that both male and female futas should be able to sire or birth new monsters. However, the current coding doesn't affect males. So if I were you, I'd encourage the devs to fully develop this trait.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby VintageBass » Sat May 14, 2016 5:32 pm

I feel like pointing this out...

BreedingElfBlue Wrote:why not go the whole full 9 years

.-. Nine years? That's far too long of a time. No creature that I know of could carry a child inside of them for 9 years! That pretty much destroys the whole breeding process since you're basically waiting around for nine YEARS to give birth to one monster, and then you have to repeat the same process again... and again... and again. I think it's quicker if the birthing is instanteous since you aren't waiting and you could get more money faster selling off your monsters while still having a fresh stock.

BreedingElfBlue Wrote:Have too much focus on F/F stuff, and fans of M/M will wonder why they're being ignored.

Simply put: it's all in the audience, really. Most people are straight males, and females are going to be more appealing than males are, so there's going to be less demand for M/M because it doesn't appeal to their taste. So if you would like to get more M/M content in the game, you have to be more vocal about it by contacting the devs and donating to get it done.

Also, good luck getting your OC in the game.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

Postby Yamemai » Sun May 15, 2016 2:23 am

BreedingElfBlue Wrote:Maybe I should have explained it better. I see mpreg being possible with... well, a sort of vagina like hole and a womb attached to the rectum. So, they'd basically have the same portal organs as females if they develop them enough. I know, it seems a little weird, but then again, I find lesbian stuff weird too. One does not simply have sex without penetration... at least in my eyes. I know, you can rub vaginas together, but it's not the same to me.

Hee, yeah, lesbian 'sex', to me, looks more like two females helping each other masturbate/orgasm. As for M-Preg:
So, pretty much what I said, 'butt babies'; where you basically 'poop' them out, right? If so, it's way too close to scat, imho. (Not sure how anyone finds that fetish (Scat) appealing either, but meh people are weird like that.)

ValturNaa Wrote:There already is a trait that would accomplish this. It's called Futanari. According to the description this means that a monster has both male and female organs, which means, technically, that both male and female futas should be able to sire or birth new monsters. However, the current coding doesn't affect males. So if I were you, I'd encourage the devs to fully develop this trait.

Oh yeah, I remember an older version having this, now that you mention it. -- Where males can give birth, if it has that trait.... Not to mention how I consider futas to be male, not sure about others. (Being avoiding the futa trait this version, since you more room now.)
Yamemai

Postby Dead2112man » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:56 am

To anyone that was interrested in this game but does not check there forum, please feel free to go and check out oh this game just got ripped in half by a dick of an artist.
Dead2112man

Postby VintageBass » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:38 am

OK, this I got to hear about. Something like this I am curious about and want to know every detail.
"Just because you can put your dick in it, it doesn't mean you can fuck it"
- Nash Bozard
VintageBass

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects