Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

Postby PulseX » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:32 pm

just select different stuff and eventually ull see a preview of what comes out of it, if u get no preview it doesnt work
PulseX
Newly Registered

Postby Shaknah » Fri Sep 25, 2015 11:34 pm

Ahahaha, oh wow!

I've messed with the savefiles a little, looking for some corruption to explain why harvest-products were no longer appearing. That bug got patched though. I think they said it was from harvesting too much from a creature in a go... I never nailed it down though.
Shaknah

Postby PulseX » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:13 pm

this game has so much support on patreon it rly needs its own forum for everyone to use....im quite sure many ppl have ideas for all kinds of stuff like monsters or new features for the future which would never hurt posting somewhere where u know the devs will see it
only allowing patreons as it is currently is kind of understandable at 1st when ur not too high on income from the ppl helping out with some bucks but seeing that they get roughly 40k per month from their supporters i think a forum for everyone couldnt hurt
yea its additional work especially at first but in a long term scenario its kind of the best way to go cause u want everyone to feedback on the game plus players sometimes have great ideas/concepts even if they are not professionals
PulseX
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:44 pm

I think they have enough on their plates at the moment without adding any additional ideas from the public. Just looking over the project updates info, they're working on some serious gameplay expansions in the current patron version and they still have a lot of animating to left to do.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby PulseX » Sun Sep 27, 2015 4:14 pm

yea i agree but still feedback and long term plans are never bad, especially the feedback part, longterm might be covered but u can adapt that a bit due to good input maybe, im just saying a forum is better for overall flexibility and imo if ur building a game today its important to notice the players, not just patrons but all because i think the amount of ppl actually playing the game is bigger than the supporters...i myself dont trust internet payment so im not a patron even though id be willing to give some support but still id like to give feedback even though i cant support with bucks
PulseX
Newly Registered

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Sep 27, 2015 7:24 pm

I won't argue with your points about feedback, and I'm not a payer either. Just haven't got the cash to spare on online games, especially the pay-by-the-month games. I'd much prefer it if I could give a buck from Paypal to get a download link for the latest version, rather than provide by the month when updates may take longer. But I also have issues with forums, partly because of certain trolls/idiots who use them. I've already decided never to use the forums for Starcraft II, though I love the game, because if I say the devs did something right people will tear me apart, and if I say they need to fix something people will tear me apart. It's a sad truth about public internet sites.

The other thing is, they have to give people a reason to pay. I have no problems with the system as they have it now, though it would be nice if there was a place you could rate the features in the game and give feedback as to what you think would make them better or bugs you've found related to them. That would give them their feedback but in a private fashion where only the development team can see it.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby DerPeter » Wed Sep 30, 2015 4:28 pm

Breeding Season is funding itself through patreon, which means that you can cancel your payment at any time. You just have to pay once, at the end of the month, to get the latest version. If you cancel your pledge, you obviously wont have access to the versions to come, but you can download the current one before you cancel your pledge.
DerPeter

Postby sacredferro » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:32 pm

Don't know if this constitutes necroing, so I apologize if it does ahead of time. I can't post this on H-bomb's blog since apparently it won't take my google account for some reason and I don't have an account with any of the other options.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the SWF of the latest public release? The last blog post on H-bomb's blog stated there is both an EXE and an SWF version available for download, but I haven't seen an SWF of this game since forever and only see an EXE download on the site, so I'm a little confused about that. Again, since I cannot post on his site, this question is even more frustrating since I cannot seem to ask the very ones who'd know. Is it a Patreon exclusive or something? I'd really like to know since the EXE has never really ran as good as the SWF ones did, which is odd since it's usually the other way around (Slave Maker 3 for instance seems to run faster with the EXE than the SWF version). Any info would be great, so I leave my thanks.
sacredferro
Newly Registered

Postby overlord5 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:30 pm

sacredferro Wrote:Don't know if this constitutes necroing, so I apologize if it does ahead of time. I can't post this on H-bomb's blog since apparently it won't take my google account for some reason and I don't have an account with any of the other options.

Does anyone know how to get a hold of the SWF of the latest public release? The last blog post on H-bomb's blog stated there is both an EXE and an SWF version available for download, but I haven't seen an SWF of this game since forever and only see an EXE download on the site, so I'm a little confused about that. Again, since I cannot post on his site, this question is even more frustrating since I cannot seem to ask the very ones who'd know. Is it a Patreon exclusive or something? I'd really like to know since the EXE has never really ran as good as the SWF ones did, which is odd since it's usually the other way around (Slave Maker 3 for instance seems to run faster with the EXE than the SWF version). Any info would be great, so I leave my thanks.

only patreons users get the newest version, the rest of us can get last months version on their blog
also i think this thread is dead
overlord5

Postby ElPresidente » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:00 am

They already went into insanity-ville by adding a male/female/genderbent/feral/neotiny variant of EVERY MONSTER. Is it really necessary? Really?
I remember them complaining how it was too much work to do everything even before they decided on that.
ElPresidente

Postby overlord5 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:40 pm

ElPresidente Wrote:They already went into insanity-ville by adding a male/female/genderbent/feral/neotiny variant of EVERY MONSTER. Is it really necessary? Really?
I remember them complaining how it was too much work to do everything even before they decided on that.

they are getting paid for it now, so i think they like that the project drags out a bit even if it's only 7.5k$ each it's still a fairly okay income for a none full time job
overlord5

Postby sacredferro » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:52 pm

No, I know that non-backers get older versions being a month or more behind backers (7.2.1 right now, while public build is 7.1; I get that). What I was asking about was where to get the latest public build as an SWF rather than an EXE, or if the SWF is only for backers or not anyways. They have a way to download the EXE build from their blog and (used to anyways) host the SWF build here, in case people wanted it in SWF build. Their patch notes keep referring to the SWF builds for recent versions like they are still compiling them though.
sacredferro
Newly Registered

Postby overlord5 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 pm

sacredferro Wrote:No, I know that non-backers get older versions being a month or more behind backers (7.2.1 right now, while public build is 7.1; I get that). What I was asking about was where to get the latest public build as an SWF rather than an EXE, or if the SWF is only for backers or not anyways. They have a way to download the EXE build from their blog and (used to anyways) host the SWF build here, in case people wanted it in SWF build. Their patch notes keep referring to the SWF builds for recent versions like they are still compiling them though.

it is an swf, although it is contained in an exe
overlord5

Postby Flora Meriadoc » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:31 pm

I'm very surprise that noone reported this bug yet

when I unlock the trait null, I do not unlock anything else no matter how many requests I complet, it's the only one that come out, that bug happen a long time ago, I forget the version it started

I know there might be a limit of the traits that can be unlocked, but isn't there a way to stop the unlocking when it's already reach the max limit and there is still no way to scroll the list of the traits

when you have it the size of the screen, cause I'm sure the list is longer than the screen size
Flora Meriadoc

Postby Dead2112man » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:07 am

HELLO Flora Meriadoc, I would love to answer your problem with a question.

Did you get that version of Breeding Season from here (LOK Forum) or via the Blog they have, Link here if not http://www.breedingseasongame.blogspot.com/
This should fix any problem, if not, then I got no clue.
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby ElPresidente » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:49 pm

If you guys haven't figured it out by now, the devs are morons.

Long before neotiny and feral and male/flemale variants for every monster, they complained how having all animations for all monster combos is a massive mount of work and they might ends up re-using animations.

What do they do then?

Hey let's have feral version of ALL monsters

Let's have a male/female of EVERY monster too (completely unnecessary due to how breeding works in the setting).

Each new thing they added increased the workload by an order of magnitude. (do the math)
But the lure of shekels was great, so they have to promise everything to everyone.

Do we really need bull-men? Do we really need that many variants that do fuck-all?

Mark my words, this will NEVER be done.

It's called BREEDING SEASON but more and more animations have nothing to do with breeding (anal, handjobs, blowjobs, paizuri - none of them are for breeding purposes)

If the devs had any sense, they would cut down on the extra bullshit and they would re-use positions and animations - at least for start - so you actually have something that's nicely playable. Only after you have all the basic combos done should you think about adding variety and extras.
ElPresidente

Postby Dead2112man » Wed Mar 16, 2016 6:18 am

ElPresidente Wrote:If you guys haven't figured it out by now, the devs are morons.

ElPresidente Wrote:Let's have a male/female of EVERY monster too (completely unnecessary due to how breeding works in the setting).

Ok, lets see, lets say we go realistic for a sense, no sexy looking monster, no breeding with other monster types, In real life there is a male and female of any farm animal you can name plus more. And if lets say in this monster world, we put real life aspects to it, small farms would only be capable of having one specie, so a female and male version of every monster makes more real.

And as for different version of same monster, guess what, that makes it more realistic also, for while to many people a cow is a cow and a bull is a bull and they all do the exact same thing. They all have different variants of those, we have Anges, longhorn and about ten + other cow veriates that all do the same thing, they get raised, grow, and eaten.

ElPresidente Wrote:Mark my words, this will NEVER be done.

So, one of the best game on this Forum named Conquest created by STR will never be finished, He got 90% of that game finished, and yet tons of people have played it and a lot more will.

ElPresidente Wrote:It's called BREEDING SEASON but more and more animations have nothing to do with breeding

Well, that title is some what miss leading, it is more like farming monster sim, and while yes, they do have a lot of different variations of sex animation that arn't for breeding, but you still need some kind of animation for Harvesting if you need to Harvest monster fluids to quickly make money. and what about the times you need to do same sex stuff for you ran out of one gender, no way you can produce off spring, are you going to just end the day then, or are you going to do some same gender stuff to raise up those stats.

ElPresidente Wrote:If the devs had any sense, they would cut down on the extra bullshit and they would re-use positions and animations - at least for start

OK less see here, at least for the start, hmmm, wouldn't the first three version of this at max be start, The Devs of this game want every thing to be special and cool. Sure it may seem like "BullShit" to you and some other people but they have already done what you just said they should due, they stopped that back in version 4.0 so that everything can be unique. Why unique, so that you try and do every possible variations and get a different kind of result. Not the same result with different bodies swapped in.

(and no I am not kidding, they did have it where they used the same animations and positions for different creatures, a good example where the M on M or F on F of any creature back in 3.0 and 4.0, same animation for most of them, just different creatures.)
I might not create games, but I will test them, Then I will give advice on what I think needs to be added, removed, or improved.
Official bug tester of Dark Impulses, creators of pokemorph:Pink
Dead2112man

Postby Flora Meriadoc » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:20 pm

Dead2112man Wrote:HELLO Flora Meriadoc, I would love to answer your problem with a question.

Did you get that version of Breeding Season from here (LOK Forum) or via the Blog they have, Link here if not http://www.breedingseasongame.blogspot.com/
This should fix any problem, if not, then I got no clue.

no, I played it on swfchan, version 7.1.1
Flora Meriadoc

Postby Stevenator » Fri Mar 18, 2016 3:11 am

Is it entirely unjustified to complain about the development process? They get $31,711 per month off Patreon right now, that is a LOT of money for a game developing so slowly.

Not going to pretend I know the ins and outs of making a game but I have seen plenty games be made in a much shorter time just as a hobby, for free.
So this is a bit ridiculous, they each gain more money than most hope to gain with actual jobs and it's still this inconsistent and they still keep adding to their work load?

I can't wait for the game to be finished but they should just stop adding stuff, finish it as is and then do a second game after looking at feedback. There are more than enough combinations in the game and more than enough monsters to breed.
Stevenator

Postby MechDragon » Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:24 pm

well, one explanation would be that they ran into limitations with the game, started trying to fix them, ran into more problems, and rather abandon the game to the state was in and make a new one, they felt they needed to finish what they started. like if you were carving something from wood, and instead of scraping the piece when you noticed a mistake, you tried to fix it, but ended up making more. you could scrap it, but you'd feel better fixing it, rather then moving on. also, IIRC they mentioned that most of the stuff they are adding was planned in the beginning.
MechDragon

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects