Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.2 [Update 1/26/14]

Postby ASI1 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:12 am

I agree with you their
ASI1

Postby DaraeusUnbound » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:45 am

This is one of my favorite games around atm, been following it forever, really pleased with the direction it has gone. Each step is always a pretty nice addition. A quick thing that I would like just as a resource is some sort of spreadsheet or table that just lists which pairings have completed animations and which are yet to be completed. An external list to the game would certainly be fine, I can just never remember which match-ups I should go ahead and speed through and which I can enjoy.
DaraeusUnbound

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:58 am

wow I love those change on the pics fond on the blog looking great
FloraMeriadoc

Postby blackcore11 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:23 am

Holy shit man, i just saw the new art direction their going with. It looks amazon...
blackcore11

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:51 pm

Just saw the art update. Yay... I guess.
I'm happy you're free to code the game without the obviously difficult to do drawing part.
This will sound ungrateful, but I lost interest when you wrote the males will just be furries. Good luck and all that, but meh. I'm sad you're changed direction :)
unnecessaryaccount

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Feb 28, 2014 12:22 am

I'm very excited to see what you come up with. Schwig's art looks awesome, and I'm very happy to see it in the game.

I did like the Dickwolves and Butt Stallions being animals rather than anthros, but I think it may still be an improvement.
Zeus Kabob

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:21 am

oh more great art on the blog love them all ^_^
FloraMeriadoc

Postby Zio-san » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:23 am

It seems like H-bomb and his new partner are getting lots of negative feedback on the blog, which I think is uncalled for.;-; Then again what do I know,I've just been lurking here since the 3.whatever update.@-@; I really hope they continue with this project cause it's soo good and the new stuff looks super interesting and I can't wait to see it in action~! :geek:
Zio-san

Postby Ironvein » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:08 am

Zio-san Wrote:It seems like H-bomb and his new partner are getting lots of negative feedback on the blog, which I think is uncalled for.;-; Then again what do I know,I've just been lurking here since the 3.whatever update.@-@; I really hope they continue with this project cause it's soo good and the new stuff looks super interesting and I can't wait to see it in action~! :geek:

A lot of the criticism is mostly complaints that he is not pandering to individual fetishes; as he should not. His game, his rules, simple as that. And the art isn't even final yet, just some roughs thrown together in a few hours from what I understand. Anons always blow things out of proportion.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Duplicity » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:32 am

The anons are starving, they can't complain about lack of updates and grandly declare their departure from the blog, only to return. So they turn on the art, the people and eventually themselves.

I am quite excited by the art, looks freaking cool. Especially the backgrounds, houses and all that. While I do prefer Hartista's characters, Schwig's art is very nice. I just liked how many of the characters were slim with perky tits, not a big fan of the massive breasts. But they are very well drawn and the art is only a part of the game.
I liked how the elf chick's cock was semi hidden until she notices you, then stands to attention through her dress. Awesome. Schwig's is still nice though.

Can't wait for more.

Kind of funny just how many comments he is getting on his blog posts now. At least people are interacting.... in some way.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby FruitSmoothie » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Holy fuck, there are people who complained about the art? I saw the messages here first before checking the blog and was thinking Hartista let some furry only artist with little to no skill take over or something :P Shwig guy's style is pretty cool. The only character design that seems a bit off to me is Lily, the rest are boss.

So I like the character designs mostly, but the colors are kind of bothering me. I think it's the extreme value contract constantly all over most the characters that is just straining the fuck out of my eyes. Roxie is a good example. Pure black thick dark collarbones against like the lightest red/orange value possible, same with her glove and everywhere else her skin meets black lines or where a darker line is close to one of the 5 million highlights on every character, lol. You use contrast to tell people where to look, but since it's EVERYWHERE in this coloring style, my eyes are just spazzing out trying to figure out what to do. The more I look at it the more it's tiring me out lol.

I mean it's not a bad style, but looking at it constantly in a game (Especially one that is meant to be played for hours at a time)? It's going to cause eye strain and be obnoxious. If people say that the art style is bothering them, it might be because of that and they may not even realize it. Just my opinion. The dickwolves are much easier on the eyes and I like them more because of the non pure white highlights and the contrast actually does a better job of leading the eye where it should go.

My eyes are tired already so maybe it's making it seem extra bad, I'll have to check back later.
FruitSmoothie

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:27 am

there will be always peoples who criticism about arts and that's a shame, but I have the eye for arts and those are simply

AWESOME, now I just wonder if Hartista have found someone to help him to do the animations, hope you'll get in touch

with me soon Hartista, check your emails you should have one from me as well
FloraMeriadoc

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:58 am

FloraMeriadoc Wrote:there will be always peoples who criticism about arts and that's a shame, but I have the eye for arts and those are simply

AWESOME, now I just wonder if Hartista have found someone to help him to do the animations, hope you'll get in touch

with me soon Hartista, check your emails you should have one from me as well

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you or the rest of the others who offered to help me out yet. Unfortunately my collaboration with Shwig has complicated matters even further regarding getting more contributors in on the project. Once I've come up with a decision for how it'll all work out, I will make sure to contact everyone. I've got a list of everyone who I need to get back to, so don't worry you won't be forgotten!

Also, the new update is up.
HartistaPipebomb

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.3 [Update 2/28/14]

Postby corta » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 pm

the thread might be moving on already, but I'll just pop in to say that the new art looks good!
a little aliasing on those jaggies wouldn't go amiss, but the style is quite remarkable. :)

on the game-front, though..
is feeding catgirl squirt ever gonna be ..useful?
any plans for monster re-randomization in the lab?
and how about stat caps growing slowly after mating, so I'm not trying to unload my starters as soon as they make babby?
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby MorganaRowan » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:03 pm

corta Wrote:is feeding catgirl squirt ever gonna be ..useful?

For the first, the main use for it is raising the modifiers. If you have high-quality catgirl squirt, you can feed as much of it as you like to a monster without running into the feeding limit and raise their growth modifiers a ton. This really helps if you're trying to raise the stats of a monster that has crappy modifiers.
MorganaRowan
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:54 am

MorganaRowan Wrote:

For the first, the main use for it is raising the modifiers. If you have high-quality catgirl squirt, you can feed as much of it as you like to a monster without running into the feeding limit and raise their growth modifiers a ton. This really helps if you're trying to raise the stats of a monster that has crappy modifiers.

Or would if there wasn't some funky logarithmic function determining amount of growth... after a while it take a TON of consumables just to prevent a drop in growth loss. The big problem is that there are so many things affecting growth (mate's STR, stat MOD, breed modifer) and then that function that it is near impossible to reach 1000 without wasting a whole bunch of time and resources with no big reward in return. Needs simplification.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby Nyels » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:38 am

FruitSmoothie Wrote:Holy fuck, there are people who complained about the art? I saw the messages here first before checking the blog and was thinking Hartista let some furry only artist with little to no skill take over or something :P Shwig guy's style is pretty cool. The only character design that seems a bit off to me is Lily, the rest are boss. .

I wish people would stop complaining about the Lily redesign. Personally I think she's the best thing Shwig has done. :(
Nyels
Newly Registered

Postby FruitSmoothie » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:31 pm

Nyels Wrote:
FruitSmoothie Wrote:Holy fuck, there are people who complained about the art? I saw the messages here first before checking the blog and was thinking Hartista let some furry only artist with little to no skill take over or something :P Shwig guy's style is pretty cool. The only character design that seems a bit off to me is Lily, the rest are boss. .

I wish people would stop complaining about the Lily redesign. Personally I think she's the best thing Shwig has done. :(

Complaining is different than someone giving their opinion.

"The only character design that seems a bit off to me is Lily, the rest are boss. "
"that seems a bit off to me is Lily"
"off to me"

Opinion, haha, and it wasn't even given rudely. Maybe you're talking about anons on his blog or something though, in which case I don't know why you'd mention it here or quote me without mentioning that.

Anyways the problem that I have with Lily is mostly her hair, it seems extremely unnatural like that to me. I would think that her hood would expand a bit if it's a soft material or wouldn't allow her hair to form in that kind of way if it was made out of a firm or tight material. The way her hair comes out combined with the habit hood makes her head/face seem very awkward to me. The rest of the design is fine.

I think her neck being visible could alleviate that a bit. The way it is currently, all of that gives her the "impression" of a floating face. I looked up some references and art with similar hoods and they look a lot better with at least some of the neck visible. A costume like that would be very uncomfy with the cloth going all the way to the chin like that. It's like the same reason you don't want to have just a head in an image when you're doing a headshot in art or photography and should try to show some of the shoulder or torso, or it can make a character seem like they're beheaded.

Even though it's possible to have an outfit like that (We won't talk about the magical anime breast physics), it doesn't give off a good feeling/image with the neck/face like that to me atm. Anyways it's not the end of the world, I just said it seemed a bit off to me, I like to try to analyze things and figure out why exactly they bother me. Just saying "I don't like this" isn't very constructive.
FruitSmoothie

Postby MorganaRowan » Sun Mar 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Ironvein Wrote:
MorganaRowan Wrote:

Or would if there wasn't some funky logarithmic function determining amount of growth... after a while it take a TON of consumables just to prevent a drop in growth loss. The big problem is that there are so many things affecting growth (mate's STR, stat MOD, breed modifer) and then that function that it is near impossible to reach 1000 without wasting a whole bunch of time and resources with no big reward in return. Needs simplification.

I haven't had much trouble with that... granted, I haven't raised anything above 600 or so (and probably won't anytime soon, since 4.2 has been taken down and I have to start over again), but as I got monsters with higher stat caps I also got monsters with better breeding modifiers. It kinda evened out for me.
MorganaRowan
Newly Registered

Postby ElPresidente » Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:29 pm

Duplicity Wrote: While I do prefer Hartista's characters, Schwig's art is very nice.

Agreed.
I prefer Haristas style.
It's...cleaner, for the lack of the better word.
Also seems simpler to animate with less shadows and it looks less pixelated.

Schwigs art is great, but it just doesn't sit with me. Don't like massive hips or breasts. Don't particulaly like the re-design on dickwolves and Catgirls.

Bottom point, criticism is not the problem, nor is it a bad thing.
Vitirol, without actualy feedback, is.
ElPresidente

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects