Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Update 4.0.1 [Hotfix 12/09/2013]

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:31 am

RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:If the inventory of the shop is to be extendet, it shouldn't be by 8 per monters type but for monster types times 2 or something.
That way your problem shouldn't occour ever again. The problem of lacking memory capacities remains.

A solution could be not to make every monster buyable in shop but limit them to events or make them catchable only.
I honestly don't see why a shop would sell demons...
Also elves should be bought at the elven whatever

In the future this is going to be the case: not all monsters will come from the store. The demons are going to be a reward from Kala, the elves will be a reward from the Marquis, etc.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:39 am

Also, memory limitations that I have currently have a lot more to do with flash garbage collecting getting rid of listeners and problems when displaying animations that are made out of a lot of different parts. Monsters themselves are actually really small.

That said, the store is going to change a lot as soon as I get around to it. You will be able to upgrade the store by investing money in it or donating monsters that you can't sell to clients. This will replace the current system of the store monsters just getting better over time, and will also allow you to do things like reduce your restock fee, get more monster options every time you restock, etc.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:49 am

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
RunningAroundInCircles Wrote:If the inventory of the shop is to be extendet, it shouldn't be by 8 per monters type but for monster types times 2 or something.
That way your problem shouldn't occour ever again. The problem of lacking memory capacities remains.

A solution could be not to make every monster buyable in shop but limit them to events or make them catchable only.
I honestly don't see why a shop would sell demons...
Also elves should be bought at the elven whatever

In the future this is going to be the case: not all monsters will come from the store. The demons are going to be a reward from Kala, the elves will be a reward from the Marquis, etc.

That's exactly what I tried to say. These were popular options in the earlier thread after all.

Also I didn't get to say it but I'm a great fan of your current work and glad, you're back.
Good job on your latest updates. Keep it up!
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby Ironvein » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:20 pm

ElPresidente Wrote:It's more to do with coding and limitations of Java and how data is acessed.
This is game is honestly incredibly simple and all the monsters take a tiny amount of memory.

At least keeping the re-stock price fixed OR the abiltiy to re-stock with a specific monster type ...

Java? Isn't this done in Adobe Flash? Are they related?
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby ElPresidente » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:39 pm

Yes, that what I meant to write.

And yes Harista, good you're back.

b.t.w. - for al of you cheating bastards, here's how you make your life easier:
Get JPEX Free Flash Decompiler, open the swf, expend scripts, find the PLAYER script, hit edit, chagne starting money, save... DONE.
ElPresidente

Postby kaseron » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:37 pm

ETA on next update?
kaseron

Postby Ironvein » Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 am

kaseron Wrote:ETA on next update?

Last thing I've read was that the new website for the game is supposed to be up by the 20th. However, HBomb is already experiencing difficulties and is no longer confident on that date.

As for the game itself, the next release I believe is finishing stuff that is already in play now (animations, debugging, etc) so don't expect the next version to have a lot of new things (no new monsters expected). No date on that at the moment.
Ironvein

Postby RunningAroundInCircles » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:50 pm

He also anounced to make the next one really gay. So the only animations in it will most likely be male on male.
I NEVER run against walls.
RunningAroundInCircles

Postby ev123ert » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:54 am

I found a weird glitch. This Elven Slave Girl doesn't have a species or name. Despite using the Elven Slave Girl image, it is functionally male and impregnated my player character. The second image is of my player character's child with the Elven Slave Girl.

http://imgur.com/3guKoyP&usgQOHt
ev123ert
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:17 am

ev123ert Wrote:I found a weird glitch. This Elven Slave Girl doesn't have a species or name. Despite using the Elven Slave Girl image, it is functionally male and impregnated my player character. The second image is of my player character's child with the Elven Slave Girl.

Not quite sure on the origin of this bug... were you having a 'normal' elf slave girl breed with the trainer and the trainer suddenly became pregnant? Your description is a little vague.
Ironvein

Postby ev123ert » Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:04 pm

Ironvein Wrote:
ev123ert Wrote:I found a weird glitch. This Elven Slave Girl doesn't have a species or name. Despite using the Elven Slave Girl image, it is functionally male and impregnated my player character. The second image is of my player character's child with the Elven Slave Girl.

Not quite sure on the origin of this bug... were you having a 'normal' elf slave girl breed with the trainer and the trainer suddenly became pregnant? Your description is a little vague.

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The Elven Slave Girl was the Changeling child of two of my creatures. Neither one of the parents exhibited the glitch, nor did the Elven Slave Girl's offspring.
ev123ert
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:14 am

Ah, I'm assuming that the mother wasn't a Slave Girl then. Probably didn't adjust Changeling properly to include the new monster races (1 more than necessary). Common mistake when messing with arrays and forgetting the computer starts counting at zero rather than one.
Ironvein

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:10 am

bug found

my player is stock pregnant day 1 left and doesn't deliver, I don't remember what monster got her pregnant.

In fact I didn't even know she was pregnant, days doesn't pass if I don't save and reload my game
FloraMeriadoc

Postby Ironvein » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:05 pm

FloraMeriadoc Wrote:bug found

my player is stock pregnant day 1 left and doesn't deliver, I don't remember what monster got her pregnant.

In fact I didn't even know she was pregnant, days doesn't pass if I don't save and reload my game

known bug. The counter for pregnancy does not decrement on the 1st of the month; making the pregnancy take one day longer. Suspect that the monthly payment event is lacking a check at the end. Small bug really.
Ironvein

Postby Astral » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:31 am

Hello, i wanna give you some money for the game, but i don't know how to donate on blogspot :(
Astral
Newly Registered

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:37 am

Ironvein Wrote:
FloraMeriadoc Wrote:bug found

known bug. The counter for pregnancy does not decrement on the 1st of the month; making the pregnancy take one day longer. Suspect that the monthly payment event is lacking a check at the end. Small bug really.

I actually left it that way because I currently have difficulties making multiple events take place on the same morning. I'm saving it for when I actually finish implementing the event system. Probably won't be in tomorrow's update, unless I find myself over-burdened with extra time.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby Nekomatic » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:07 am

I'm not sure when exactly they were put into the game, but I recently bred some new neoteny monsters, really liking how they came out...

Was a little taken back when I first noticed the vealtarus...Even in it's juvenile form it's marshmallow hell/heaven.
Nekomatic

Re: Breeding Season: Alpha Version 4.1 [Update 12/21/2013]

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:02 am

Just posted a new update, version 4.1
HartistaPipebomb

Postby crmsn7 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:47 am

any chance of cheats????
crmsn7
Newly Registered

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:56 am

great new version I love it but I found a bug

I just got a futa elven slave without the futanari trait she also have the penis
FloraMeriadoc

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects