Breeding Season: Alpha Version 5.3 [Update 11/3/14]

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Breeding Season: Small Update 3.7 [Game Update 8/4/2013]

Postby Bla2alB » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:07 pm

New breading interface is awesome!

Suggestions:
1. Limit number of traits monster can possess based on wisdom, max 10 trait slots (for now wisdom is pretty useless). As an option you could add special trait allowing monsters to have additional trait slots.
2. Trait which gives you 100% chance of getting something makes game boring and consumables useless. I think each level of traits should increase chance by 5-7% instead of 10%.
3. For gold client add look requirements. For example "fur color" - will encourage player to look for the monster with fur in specific color range.
Bla2alB

Postby Ironvein » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:09 pm

Bla2alB Wrote:New breading interface is awesome!

Suggestions:
1. Limit number of traits monster can possess based on wisdom, max 10 trait slots (for now wisdom is pretty useless). As an option you could add special trait allowing monsters to have additional trait slots.
2. Trait which gives you 100% chance of getting something makes game boring and consumables useless. I think each level of traits should increase chance by 5-7% instead of 10%.
3. For gold client add look requirements. For example "fur color" - will encourage player to look for the monster with fur in specific color range.

Not bad ideas, but there are some problems with it.

1. Newly born monsters when then never have more than three traits that way (Since base stats of newborns is like 300 or something). WIS actual effects MOD which in turn boost growth. With only Human Intellect as a means to 'learn' new skills, in becomes a BIG hamper if not inherited.

2. Concidering the amount of work it takes to get a trait -10, I think its perfectly reasonable as is for most traits.

3. 'Fur Color' would be hard since it seems to be based off the RGB scale; if the color is TOO specific it'll be a 1 in a billion chance or something.
Life is Hard and Then You Die.
Ironvein

Postby HartistaPipebomb » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:27 pm

Ironvein Wrote:'Fur Color' would be hard since it seems to be based off the RGB scale; if the color is TOO specific it'll be a 1 in a billion chance or something.

Yeah, I'd like to do appearance-based traits but I'm not sure how I'd make them work. For the colors I would have a hard time setting it up to check color categories (all the range of colors that count as "blue", for instance) and with physical traits (eyes, mouth, hairstyle, etc) I have the problem of defining them all in a way that is immediately obvious to the player. Though, for physical traits I could perhaps have the client show you a picture of the features it wants.
HartistaPipebomb

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:51 pm

We all know what physical features the clients would be interested in. Dick size, of course! (and breasts)
I'm guessing it shouldn't be too random. Just put an upper and lower limit (depending on monster race) and scale accordingly.
unnecessaryaccount

Postby Ironvein » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:42 pm

HartistaPipebomb Wrote:
Ironvein Wrote:'Fur Color' would be hard since it seems to be based off the RGB scale; if the color is TOO specific it'll be a 1 in a billion chance or something.

Yeah, I'd like to do appearance-based traits but I'm not sure how I'd make them work. For the colors I would have a hard time setting it up to check color categories (all the range of colors that count as "blue", for instance) and with physical traits (eyes, mouth, hairstyle, etc) I have the problem of defining them all in a way that is immediately obvious to the player. Though, for physical traits I could perhaps have the client show you a picture of the features it wants.

I like the picture idea, maybe you could have it be a percentage check. If the one you want to sell is within x% of given picture, then the client will take it. That way where there is a color you can check to see if the RGB is within the x% tolerance and if most of the physical traits match (within x%) then in makes a valid match. It may not be perfect, but it can be doable.

I'd also adjust the reward, the closer to a complete match you get.
Ironvein

Postby Ironvein » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:48 am

Of course if you do something like this, you'll need ways to change the features of the monsters, otherwise it'd be a breeding nightmare.

Salons for hair color/style

tanning beds for skintone

etc.
Ironvein

Postby ahrimansiah » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:55 am

Hey! im kinda confused so is it possible for the player to give birth to new monsters from breeding or is it not still? if it is, how can you do it?
ahrimansiah

Postby unnecessaryaccount » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:02 pm

ahrimansiah Wrote:Hey! im kinda confused so is it possible for the player to give birth to new monsters from breeding or is it not still? if it is, how can you do it?

Yes it is. Keep hammering her and it'll happen. Select the same male animal twice then press R or the breed button. You will get a notification if it is successful.

Ironvein Wrote:I like the picture idea, maybe you could have it be a percentage check. If the one you want to sell is within x% of given picture, then the client will take it. That way where there is a color you can check to see if the RGB is within the x% tolerance and if most of the physical traits match (within x%) then in makes a valid match. It may not be perfect, but it can be doable.

I'd also adjust the reward, the closer to a complete match you get.

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. And... No.
Go the hell away from colours. Unless I am able to pay to PAINT the monster I will hate colour requirements with a passion. It's tedious, boring and dumb. What is the gameplay benefit of having to check the shop and restock it over and over and over hoping for the right colour to be added? With traits, you can keep a few breeding stock with multiple good traits which you then try to pass on to a new monster if it's what the client wants, but colours? With only 5 monsters each, that will be impossible. You'll just have to rely on the random shop, which is both boring and unchallenging. It adds nothing to the game and is a bad idea that should not be added.

I like Ironvein's suggestion ten times more. Just add a fur saloon where you can make your animal look like the client wants to. Maybe some nice hairdo, or give the dickwolf a silly fluffy mane. That sort of little details to make the customer pay a few % more. (And the pretty look disappears as soon as you breed or harvest it)
unnecessaryaccount

Postby monbvol » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:10 pm

The new breeding menu is so much better than the old one. Only complaint I have is it doesn't seem to throw up Incest warnings like the last one.
monbvol
Newly Registered

Postby Ironvein » Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:02 pm

Just a reminder that still exists that's annoying. Shop only sells Squirts and Grease until you buy other barns. I thought we were to be able to access all consumable types even before having access to those monsters. Early purchases of Milk (and to a lesser extent Jizz), would be helpful in the early game.
Ironvein

Postby Justapuppet » Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:50 am

Ironvein Wrote:Early purchases of Milk (and to a lesser extent Jizz), would be helpful in the early game.

Yes, needs moar jizz.
And honestly I'd even say it's the most useful item at the outset to get STA and modifiers up to more workable levels.
Justapuppet

Postby Ironvein » Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:05 am

Funny Bug, if the breeder is pregnant as is supposed to give birth on the 1st of the month, she won't. She'll have the monster the next day. Funny how nature can wait for government in this case, <Sorry baby, but mommy's got to make a loan payment; come out tomorrow.> :lol:
Ironvein

Postby FloraMeriadoc » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 pm

an idea I just had if it haven't been said already

placing all the males on one side on the farm field and all the females on the other side not that it's really important to place

then that way but maybe it can be a bit less confusing in the future for the rest of the upcomming monster mostly
FloraMeriadoc

Postby DashBoard » Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:48 am

I've been thinking about colour requirements, and maybe you could do something like this:
first off, in order to make things as little frustrating as possible, allow for any part of the monsters to meet the requirements. (instead of saying, "a Harpy with red covering feathers," say, "a Harpy with some red.")
second, use a range of hues in the HSV colouring space instead of RGB, and give the player some tool to test the colours. (per example, a magnifying glass in the stables for the monsters)
finally, give the player an option to refuse a given customer, with some penalty for doing so. (per example, if a player refuses a gold client, then there won't be a new gold client for a week)
DashBoard

Postby Duplicity » Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:11 pm

As far as I know he said the whole house/farm yard is a placeholder of sorts. He has it there so you can play the game, but plans to change it.
Most of the 'buttons' like the dickwolf kennel are quite roughly drawn, so at the very least he will redo the house/farm yard. When I say roughly drawn I mean a thousand times better than what I can draw, but rough for him.
But that was quite awhile ago and I can't remember what he said exactly. I think it is buried in this thread somewhere. I think it works nicely, but as he adds more races/beasts we will need either smaller buttons or a larger area.

What I think would be cool is a rotate button with the view centred on the breeding pit. So you can rotate the screen 90, 180, 270 degrees and have the breeding pit at the fore all the time. But have different areas of the yard in the background. So say North is towards the town, West towards the Elves, East towards the savage chick/forest and South towards something, Maybe the Breeders guild.

I am really digging this update the new UI is good and while the colour thing got me a little confused at first I worked it out.
If there are any complaints, queries, bills or cheques.
Please log them by throwing a rock at the darkest corner you see.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zhurgy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:49 pm

Hello,

I'm actually quite fond on this game and I see huge potential in it. The rate of progress is quite nice as well. Main reason to register for me. I definately agree upon fact it woudl be nice to include some sort of measurements of the breeding animals, mainly sexually but ehights and so on can be included as well. It woudl make game a little bit challenging, but the rate fame goes up, shoudl be lower imho.

Out of curiosity, is there any way I can get a version where I can play with breeding rate, increase of stats an so on under my terms (purely for reasearching and merging some sort of ideas) ? Or I got to mess with the exe file, decompile it and then compile it?
Zhurgy
Newly Registered

Postby Duplicity » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:18 am

You have to ask Hartista himself and I suspect he will say no.
Because it is too easy for someone to take all his hardwork, make a crappy version of their own and claim they did it all.
He may release it when he had finished the game, but it is entirely up to him.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity

Postby WonderGamer » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:35 pm

If you don't mind me asking, was this done on purpose?
Breeding Season (less than).jpg
Client asking for monster with a stat LOWER than indicated.
Breeding Season (less than).jpg (33.63 KiB) Viewed 3630 times

I've noticed this happening on very rare occasions since the last update. Personally I find it odd that a client would ask for a low stat, but I guess it's not entirely unbelievable as some clients might like a ditzy sex slave or a weak one that they can easily overpower. :twisted: This just kind of puts a twist on the normal leveling mechanics & makes the game a bit tougher. You might want to consider adding items that lower stats if this was done on purpose.

I haven't commented on this yet, so I'll do that now. I'm really enjoying this game, I just hope to see it more finished later on. Can't say I'm a fan of gay content, but the lack of the animation is a little agitating (I often use the Dickwolf on Dickwolf tactics as it's sometimes hard to find female monsters to raise certain stats; most species follow certain guidelines in what stats they raise/lower when mating & it's difficult to find ones that differ from racial traits). The lack of sounds on most animations is a bit annoying also, but I guess I won't complain too much about that seeing as it keeps the file size down (file size doesn't usually effect me anyways as I usually save the flash to my hard drive & run it from there).

EDIT: Also, a minor bug I've noticed in this version. After giving birth to a new monster, the new monster does not show unless you exit & re-enter the breeding screen.

EDIT: Another error I've noticed is that one of the traits reads "Too Stronk". I assume you mean "Too Strong".
"It just keeps getting better"
"Live on, play hard. WonderGamer out!"

WonderGamer

Postby Zhurgy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:51 pm

While I agree with your point of view about stealing the whole game and releasing it under diffrent name I believe I asked only for a small portion fo the current content. As a matter of fact let me clarify what I meant in case it wasn't too clear. I woudl like to see exe file + txt file containing only script with raising stats + breeding rate or to have in options in game a switch to increase those mentioned above. I guess it isn't enough to do something like stealing game. As well as I think it may be rather nice option for more than just me ;)

About asking for stat lower than certain amount, I spot it in 3.6 version as well.

P.S. sorry for my english, I'm not native speaker.
Zhurgy
Newly Registered

Postby Duplicity » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:40 pm

The lower than 'number' is not new, been around for quite a while, but a rare one. I find it all to easy to reduce a stat, especially one like stamina, most catgirls I first buy reduce sta or dex, or something like that.

I found it when I was trying to sell a beast and couldn't Actually I will report a bug.
BUG#For the offline version at least, when I try to sell a monster I have to click the sell button quite a few times to make it work

@Zhurgy
I wasn't saying you personally were going to steal the game.
I think this game is made in flash. so to have a modifying file you would have to have either the main .fla, or if he likes using classes, that particular .as file/s. Which basically means the whole thing, as .as files (that looks weird), anyway. Class files need to be in the same folder as the .fla to work(so far I think). Maybe later on he will make an in-game editor.
Your English is fine, better than most native speakers.
I'll generally be there.
Duplicity

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects