Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

Postby Rex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 9:16 am

moreSamus Wrote:I noticed that "place Samus baby somewhere" is not in the plans for next update anymore...does this mean it has been done
or that it will not be done?

it's still on the list but right now i plan (and I am making) new rooms, and each room has it's main quest (that will have to be done in that room only IE:helping midna and zelda) and 2 side quest (which will have other rooms involved IE:samus's baby metroid )

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
Wonderful Hawk Wrote:I'm sorry, but you're making it sound like Ivan has sole claim to the project

QuizmasterBos Wrote:I'm not trying to scare people away from this. The problem is that many don't understand what they are partaking in. Making a game takes a HUGE amount of time and, as you might've noticed before, many developers don't pull through and give up. The same with this thread starter.Ivan WILL pick this game up, but just like with MIM PUT and MiM DO, different versions can coexist.

I have to intervene.
1. Yes, making a good game (with few or no bugs at all) and with optimized code takes time. The more the developer has made other games and has made programming courses, the better.
2. I'm interested on continuing this game, as I can import/reuse tons of enemies/friends, but as I've said one month ago, it would be a level of a bigger game, whose name might be like SMRPG (yes, a SMRPG remake, where we can use our fantasies and activate many sexual scenes during our endeavour). So instead of bowser fucking Peach while she is captive, Booster would do that (the player can choose to let her screwed up by him, then make Mario save her later, or let her just captive, with Booster saying silly things to her and forcing her to be naked, for example). Bowser can fuck her if the player wants to, as Bowser is Mario ally in SMRPG.
3. Saying 'I'm interested to make it' above is not the same as 'I will do that exclusively'.
4. I'm not so stimulated to develop mario parodies whose Peach is captive and doing tons of things to Bowser while Mario is fighting all the time to free her later. For me, Mario already did that (being silly already) in almost all Mario games, due to the fact Peach hasnt even kissed him officially as a thank you (only in some quick scenes like SMRPG). Who will say she really loves him? It's up to Miyam0to in the future. Why not making a game where Mario can fuck Peach anytime he wants (protecting her) then he can go out to fight bowser and other enemies, like SMRPG (where Peach can even fight on his side if she wants to)? That's why I've added item 2 above.
5. Yes, I will think about developing it (I'm not 100% sure) when I finish MIM PUT.

do it up bro I know your not stealing at all, I would like your help to make a good quest system can I see a sample of your code?
Rex
Newly Registered

Re: Bowser's Castle 2

Postby KingKaor » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:17 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:1. Yes, making a good game (with few or no bugs at all) and with optimized code takes time. The more the developer has made other games and has made programming courses, the better.
2. I'm interested on continuing this game, as I can import/reuse tons of enemies/friends, but as I've said one month ago, it would be a level of a bigger game, whose name might be like SMRPG (yes, a SMRPG remake, where we can use our fantasies and activate many sexual scenes during our endeavour). So instead of bowser fucking Peach while she is captive, Booster would do that (the player can choose to let her screwed up by him, then make Mario save her later, or let her just captive, with Booster saying silly things to her and forcing her to be naked, for example). Bowser can fuck her if the player wants to, as Bowser is Mario ally in SMRPG.
3. Saying 'I'm interested to make it' above is not the same as 'I will do that exclusively'.
4. I'm not so stimulated to develop mario parodies whose Peach is captive and doing tons of things to Bowser while Mario is fighting all the time to free her later. For me, Mario already did that (being silly already) in almost all Mario games, due to the fact Peach hasnt even kissed him officially as a thank you (only in some quick scenes like SMRPG). Who will say she really loves him? It's up to Miyam0to in the future. Why not making a game where Mario can fuck Peach anytime he wants (protecting her) then he can go out to fight bowser and other enemies, like SMRPG (where Peach can even fight on his side if she wants to)? That's why I've added item 2 above.
5. Yes, I will think about developing it (I'm not 100% sure) when I finish MIM PUT.

I really like all of these ideas you have for it, Aedler. I love your work, it's a more innovative Mario game then what Nintendo seems to have been coming up with recently. Although I doubt Nintendo would ever make something as awesome as this.
KingKaor

Postby Krysee » Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:45 pm

Showstopper bug: every line looks like it was written by a teenager on a cell phone. How do you expect your work to be taken seriously?
Krysee
Newly Registered

Postby tinkerttoy » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:25 am

OP, could you upload the .fla as well? Those with editing experience could try to hack on it a bit as well, and you could incorporate their changes into the game as well. This would save you a lot of time and energy.
tinkerttoy
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:18 am

Rex Wrote: it's still on the list but right now i plan (and I am making) new rooms, and each room has it's main quest (that will have to be done in that room only IE:helping midna and zelda) and 2 side quest (which will have other rooms involved IE:samus's baby metroid )

Its the right step to take. People really appreciate new rooms ;)

Rex Wrote:do it up bro I know your not stealing at all, I would like your help to make a good quest system can I see a sample of your code?

I will PM you those days. I am a bit busy with some features and hard-to-fix bugs. The guest system I use features variables like _global.questking, _global.questtoad, _global.questprincess. Then you walk along a big level and update each variable like _global.questking="init", "search1", "search1done", "search2", and so on according to a given task.

E.g. You put this in the start of the level.

_global.questking="init";
_global.questtoad="init";

A given toad can be in a forest, waiting for 'if (_global.questtoad=="init") -> do something'. After he does something, he will update _global.questtoad as "search1" and he can be waiting for a new if, say, _global.questtoad=="search1done". If you find, say, a gem, or fuck some girl, that gem/girl can update _global.questtoad as "search1done", so his toad can detect it and talk to you "Hey, thanks!", and update _global.questtoad as "search2". In order to make he not able to talk about any more quests, just change the variable to, say, "DONE" or "END", and dont change it anymore.

Code: Select All Code
//MAIN timeline code;
variable1=something;
variable2=somethingelse;
_global.questking="init";
_global.questtoad="init";

Here is the IF code for the toad above:
Code: Select All Code
//Toad code (inside his timeline, frame 0);

// this code below will make the block run at each game Frame (its like an 'omnipresent code loop'), it will always run if that object is placed in the stage. Never use 'on object' code, that is, those code that we add in an object RIGHT clicking on it. Prefer to use code INSIDE the object timeline.

onEnterFrame=function()
{
   //QUEST DETECTOR
   if (_global.questtoad=="init")
   {
     messageBox ("Hey, hello there! I need you to check something for me!"); //you have to create this function in order to put text in a balloon, for example.
     _global.questtoad="search1";
   }

else if (_global.questtoad=="search1done")
   {
     messageBox ("Thank you for the gem! I need something else, a blue gem now! Please help me!");
     _global.questtoad="search2";
   }

else if (_global.questtoad=="search2done")
   {
     messageBox ("Thank you! Now I will rest"");
     _global.questtoad="END"; //or any name you prefer.
     //you can add code here (to make he move, have sex, etc).
   }
}

Later, I can teach you how to make dialogues, that is, the person can talk to this toad, then the toad talks to us, then we can press 1,2,3, 4 to do different actions.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby rezian » Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:25 am

Hi. I'm not a programmer, and the little art I do is not fit for human eyes, but I can write. I write daily as both hobby and profession. So I came up with a few snippets of dialogue for B'sC. I won't promise it's wonderful, but I was getting tired of not seeing any progress on this game; I figured I had no right to complain if I didn't contribute. And here we are. Feel free to view and comment (No sign in or gmail account required) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MDu ... sp=sharing
rezian

Postby jaznow » Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:37 pm

rezian Wrote:Hi. I'm not a programmer, and the little art I do is not fit for human eyes, but I can write. I write daily as both hobby and profession. So I came up with a few snippets of dialogue for B'sC. I won't promise it's wonderful, but I was getting tired of not seeing any progress on this game; I figured I had no right to complain if I didn't contribute. And here we are. Feel free to view and comment (No sign in or gmail account required) https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MDu ... sp=sharing

Cool, i love this game too!, I wish someday we have some update. I can't wait to see these new dialogs incorporated, and more sex scenes and more levels... :)
jaznow
Newly Registered

Postby rezian » Sat Aug 10, 2013 6:06 am

I just updated the file. Now slugging through re-writing Krystal's scenes. Any suggestions are always welcome. I'd prefer you comment in the Google Doc file though, so as to not take up space in the forum.
rezian

Postby RedUnit10 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:28 pm

rezian Wrote:I just updated the file. Now slugging through re-writing Krystal's scenes. Any suggestions are always welcome. I'd prefer you comment in the Google Doc file though, so as to not take up space in the forum.

I posted mine in the document, hopefully they help.
RedUnit10

Postby rezian » Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:58 am

Thanks for the suggestions Red10! I went ahead and added them to the file. Maybe we can get a coder interested in working on it again.
rezian

Postby cheebamonkeysox » Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:55 am

I wish this was still an ongoing project. I actually kinda enjoyed this game.
cheebamonkeysox
Newly Registered

Postby merctime » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:55 pm

me, too... I enjoyed this alot. Well, I guess that is how it goes!
merctime

Postby skittles » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:09 am

Not exactly a bug, might just not be added yet, but as far as i know i looked everywhere for Zelda and I couldn't find her, any help?
skittles
Newly Registered

Postby WestX » Tue Nov 05, 2013 5:44 am

Down in the bottom where the line of toads is follow it to the end and she's there although as far as I know you can't interact with her.
WestX
Newly Registered

Postby swagdo » Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:11 am

Is the Bunny girl from the first game in this one. if so how do you get to her
swagdo
Newly Registered

Postby Stickasensi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:34 am

Well one thing i bet its been mentioned already is that when you jump and hit your head on a ceiling... you tend to fly thru it and onto the next floor
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby skittles » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:29 am

Is this still being worked on?
skittles
Newly Registered

Postby Decypifer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:20 am

Thumbs up, Rex! :)
Decypifer

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:06 pm

QuizmasterBos Wrote:Ivan-Aedler is going to pick this game up, but that won't be until likely 2014, so that still has some ways to go. (I know, he promised me and I'll keep him to that)

Lets update the info to 2015, because PUT is high priority yet.

QuizmasterBos Wrote:You can though, prepare some stuff for then. Ivan-Aedler is very devoted, so if he starts this project up, it's going to get finished. And he can always use models, scripts, ideas and code.

I think I can.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:42 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:I think I can.

The little Ivan who could!
Zeus Kabob

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects