Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Bowser's Castle 2.0.0.1

Postby rezian » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:22 am

Well Ivan, I'm still up for re-writing the story and fixing the dialogue. I just have no idea how to program.
rezian

Postby lordb » Wed May 07, 2014 5:44 am

This game crossed my mind recently so I thought i'd ask is there and new or relevant news?
lordb
Newly Registered

Postby rezian » Thu May 08, 2014 7:46 am

Sadly no. I check it every time there's a new post hoping a programmer wants to take a crack at it...
rezian

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat May 10, 2014 2:03 am

rezian Wrote:Sadly no. I check it every time there's a new post hoping a programmer wants to take a crack at it...

It's set up so strangely, I try to analyze how it works, the only real thing I do is try to rip resources, and even then they crash my pc, lol. So after I upgrade I'll take a stab at this one. But, yeah, the art is gorgeous and it's a damn shame playshapes is on the dl, right now.
Terrantor!!!

Postby rezian » Tue May 13, 2014 9:36 am

Terrantor, if you want to hit me up I'd be happy to work on this project with you. Unfortunately I mostly lurk here so I am not able to PM you yet XD
rezian

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu May 15, 2014 2:53 am

rezian Wrote:Terrantor, if you want to hit me up I'd be happy to work on this project with you. Unfortunately I mostly lurk here so I am not able to PM you yet XD

Lol, sounds great!!! I'm in the middle of everything, in some way, but we'll see how far we can get this one. Just tell me what you can do to contribute and I dunno, at least I'll be at ease knowing some work's going into this one. PM me when you can with your portfolio.
Terrantor!!!

Postby tzm25jeep » Mon May 19, 2014 9:52 pm

So will this game be getting fix soon?
tzm25jeep
Newly Registered

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue May 20, 2014 1:13 am

Don't count on it. But If I see enough interest from the community pooling, I might put some energy into it.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue May 20, 2014 2:44 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Don't count on it. But If I see enough interest from the community pooling, I might put some energy into it.

As I've said up to a year ago, I was interested in continuing it, even if I am not too fond of seeing Bowser fucking Peach while Mario is struggling to save her (and love her) again, but now the problem is time. Many developers are leaving (due to life duties) and others are just idle or absent (priorities). For me, for example, MIM PUT is still the priority and I know I could be programming it faster, but I am limited. There are times I can make like 10 sex scenes in 1 week, but then I make 1 scene in a month due to bugs and other required features, alongside with real life work.

I have interesting plans for Bowser Castle, in case we want the game to continue on its own, involving (not in order):
1 - code optimization (glitch fixes, faster performance, re-vectorizing assets to make them a lot less CPU intensive)
2 - add of some powerups (raccoon Mario, fire Mario, 'living' 1UPs, 'living' mushrooms to make him a bit bigger).
3 - reordenation / placement of characters - like the mail toads appearing lonely in certain levels/areas, depending on a given plot, status change or day (e.g. if Mario revisits the castle after finishing a forest level).
4 - more levels and interaction with more characters, like Goombella and female toads, so Mario can fuck them along the game, not only Peach and other incomplete characters, with the ability of 'scene1, scene2, scene3....' (instead of just one).
5 - maybe turn Mario an ENM character (Embarassed Nude Male), so he can be naked in unpredicted situations and be embarassed.
6 - Scenes with FEMALE enemies to Mario (like a Birdo sucking his dick and female Goombas / Koopas). Male goombas will harm him (take his energy).
7 - more scenes with Bowser and Peach, with the ability to turn 'screen effects' off.
8 - a way for Mario to watch Peach and Bowser do many nasty things just before attacking him (like he is reviewing the first videos made from Peach while receiving letters) but with a 'real time' effect, that is, he will be actually seeing them fuck again. This is great because it adds gameplay and make us select which scenes we want to see and fantasize, before Mario acts up. Also this can make us have more control of the situation, not making Mario 'so sad' because everything occurs without his (and our) control.
9 - new addons that I can remember, regarding SMRPG, like a 'knight koopa' enemy, maybe some remastered midi songs...

But I cant give an end date yet. I may start it someday like I did with PUT (without too much stress), as a stub project in a small thread.
And the code might be done in AS2 due to the way Playshapes did it (I also learnt some good code to make it faster to make, faster to maintain, and I can reuse other engine code like MIM PUT camera, HUD and spawn functions).
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Terrantor!!! » Tue May 20, 2014 3:42 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
Terrantor!!! Wrote:Don't count on it. But If I see enough interest from the community pooling, I might put some energy into it.

As I've said up to a year ago, I was interested in continuing it, even if I am not too fond of seeing Bowser fucking Peach while Mario is struggling to save her (and love her) again, but now the problem is time. Many developers are leaving (due to life duties) and others are just idle or absent (priorities). For me, for example, MIM PUT is still the priority and I know I could be programming it faster, but I am limited. There are times I can make like 10 sex scenes in 1 week, but then I make 1 scene in a month due to bugs and other required features, alongside with real life work.

I have interesting plans for Bowser Castle, in case we want the game to continue on its own, involving (not in order):
1 - code optimization (glitch fixes, faster performance, re-vectorizing assets to make them a lot less CPU intensive)
2 - add of some powerups (raccoon Mario, fire Mario, 'living' 1UPs, 'living' mushrooms to make him a bit bigger).
3 - reordenation / placement of characters - like the mail toads appearing lonely in certain levels/areas, depending on a given plot, status change or day (e.g. if Mario revisits the castle after finishing a forest level).
4 - more levels and interaction with more characters, like Goombella and female toads, so Mario can fuck them along the game, not only Peach and other incomplete characters, with the ability of 'scene1, scene2, scene3....' (instead of just one).
5 - maybe turn Mario an ENM character (Embarassed Nude Male), so he can be naked in unpredicted situations and be embarassed.
6 - Scenes with FEMALE enemies to Mario (like a Birdo sucking his dick and female Goombas / Koopas). Male goombas will harm him (take his energy).
7 - more scenes with Bowser and Peach, with the ability to turn 'screen effects' off.
8 - a way for Mario to watch Peach and Bowser do many nasty things just before attacking him (like he is reviewing the first videos made from Peach while receiving letters) but with a 'real time' effect, that is, he will be actually seeing them fuck again. This is great because it adds gameplay and make us select which scenes we want to see and fantasize, before Mario acts up. Also this can make us have more control of the situation, not making Mario 'so sad' because everything occurs without his (and our) control.
9 - new addons that I can remember, regarding SMRPG, like a 'knight koopa' enemy, maybe some remastered midi songs...

But I cant give an end date yet. I may start it someday like I did with PUT (without too much stress), as a stub project in a small thread.
And the code might be done in AS2 due to the way Playshapes did it (I also learnt some good code to make it faster to make, faster to maintain, and I can reuse other engine code like MIM PUT camera, HUD and spawn functions).

Funny you mention that. Out of Boredom, I took a stab at optimizing the mario model from the engine. I'm just in the process of typing up his class documents. I'm setting him up as a 2-tier model. so there's one movie clip that will contain animations and its component pieces obey code that decide appearance.well It's technically 3-tier because i have a layer for objects, but he very well can be 2-tier if it really boosts performance. I'll post my progress after I get a few things set up hopefully w/ working controls. btw, should I build the controls into the movie clip itself or should I make it in the class, I always wondered what was better?

Edit:
Oh, and when I play, he ain't tryin' to rescue or love Peach, he's out getting as much poon as possible while the princess is away. ;)
here's a more responsive Mario (use A and D to move):

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Bowser's Castle.swf [ 15.95 KiB | Viewed 3188 times ]

Terrantor!!!

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue May 20, 2014 10:01 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Funny you mention that. Out of Boredom, I took a stab at optimizing the mario model from the engine. I'm just in the process of typing up his class documents. I'm setting him up as a 2-tier model. so there's one movie clip that will contain animations and its component pieces obey code that decide appearance.

AS2 or AS3? Remember we can create classes for both systems. AS2 can be organized by tears too.
If AS3, great, because its a newer engine, but I am not used to it yet. Actually I am in a 'gem era' of AS2, discovering interesting tricks we cant do in AS3 directly, although AS3 is better and faster, of course. Albeit its more time consuming to make a game (you need time to get used to it).

Could you please give me an example of that tear model? Thats because I usually program like that:
Mario Movie Clip -> entering on it, there are only a 'Mario walking' MC with a code like stop() and the main loop. Entering on it again, there groups of body parts MC -> each body part can have one or more characters with all their outfit possibilities.

Then I use code to exchange that 'Mario walking' pose to 'Mario jumping', 'Mario ducking'.... using unloadMovie and attachMovie (so I have 'mario walking' library item with the instance name mario_walk, and others. Its like I am exchanging the current Mario pose reusing the main mario MC. Developers usually dont do that. They put like 40 poses inside Mario, then they 'gotoANdPlay' the given pose. This makes the game slow over time, because that Mario Movie will have more and more attached poses that needs to be played depending on a keypress or situation. You know, 'gotoIng and playing frame 40' doesnt always go directly to 40. The game engine 'reads' 1,2,3,4,5, until 40'. I was getting a delay of up to 1 second when I used 40 Peach poses inside Peach main when she jumped, then ran, then crouched. I decided to make a dynamic unload/attach ;)

Terrantor!!! Wrote:I'll post my progress after I get a few things set up hopefully w/ working controls. btw, should I build the controls into the movie clip itself or should I make it in the class, I always wondered what was better?

I use in the first frame of the main MC, like 'Mario movie clip'. I dont use classes because I dont need to spawn new instances of Mario, just one. So when the game starts, Mario is already placed in the starting level, with this movie clip getting instantiated automatically, with all of his methods inside.

Classes are great to be used with plenty of objects you want to reuse, like dozens of birds, walking mushrooms, projectiles, fireballs and of course, enemy types.

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Oh, and when I play, he ain't tryin' to rescue or love Peach, he's out getting as much poon as possible while the princess is away. ;)
here's a more responsive Mario (use A and D to move):

He's faster and responsive!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed May 21, 2014 1:26 am

Edit: Here's yet another update to show. Next project is the Vcam, but I'm sleepy. Good night, folks.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Bowser's Castle.swf [ 66.82 KiB | Viewed 2955 times ]

And the filet:

Bowser's Castle 2.rar
Needed to archive it to include all the classes and shit.
(177.78 KiB) Downloaded 177 times

So yeah, I'm using AS3 because it really forces you to be organized.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed May 21, 2014 4:17 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Edit: Here's yet another update to show. Next project is the Vcam, but I'm sleepy. Good night, folks.... So yeah, I'm using AS3 because it really forces you to be organized.

Great so far! Well, this means that, if I go to the same boat, I need to code in AS3, or I can also make another fork reusing AS2. You know, I still like AS2, and we have many possibilities, but of course, the best is to remain updated. The main intention is to create interesting content and let us fantasize in those marvelous worlds ;) Be it AS2 or AS3. I dont think I'll lose time if I create content in AS2 like 'Bowser Castle AE version', provided we can exchange/ convert code and assets quickly later, like making 20 scenes, then 'Hey, Terrantor, take it' ;).

For sure I can do 'my homework' to get used to AS3 over time, so I might be able to help more and in the same system. We also have more programmers in AS3 already, like Renara, Nulcul, OwnerOfSuccuby, Gorepete and many others (showing that everyone is updating their mode of work). The 'worse' I can be in regard to AS3 is the fact I would be not coding but just making Mario animations, levels and scenes as said (which is more art and frames than code), so it will be transparent and directly to the matter. You can count on me in regard to enemy art, scenes and features like pipes, and how they can behave, but this will happen when time comes, so I cant just keep promising. Depending on your progress and needs, I can make a scene, and depending on the outcome, I can make more, between MIM programming. And I'll be giving the creatures that we could be using, like gombella and Birdo (I would ask Biles first). But with no AI code due to the aforementioned fact I am still AS2. Once we have 'stub code', (a class), we can see how we are going to reuse it with enemies, so its just a matter to make it running, and things can be added if needed, like the ability to be stomped. I've learnt AS2 from the mere beginning, before MIM Playshapes, in 2011, and I can do this again but in AS3. All for MORE content! All for more fantasies! Talk less, do more ;) Its how I work (or try to).
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm

This idea just hit me. Bowser's c can be taking place during the events of Mario is missing. So the reason Mario is missing is because he is trapped in the castle while bowser invades the shroom kingdom. So Mario will be out rescuing the Nintendo girls (or fucking them) while Peach handles things on the home front. As for as2 conversions, i can figure out a way to translate what I have to make it easier on ur guys end. The only reason I love as3 is it keeps the save time down cuz I can focus more on a small, concise text file and less on content loaded w/ frame scripts.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Wed May 21, 2014 4:52 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:This idea just hit me. Bowser's c can be taking place during the events of Mario is missing. So the reason Mario is missing is because he is trapped in the castle while bowser invades the shroom kingdom. So Mario will be out rescuing the Nintendo girls (or fucking them) while Peach handles things on the home front.

The problem is that, in Bowser's Castle, Peach is already captive. In the original concepts, Mario finds Peach in the grass, and just before kissing, Bowser comes by his Koopa Kar and captures her. As MIM PUT is more towards a innocent Peach who is discovering herself and wants even to Marry Mario (or not), with Peach being always avaiable to us during the entire game (she is the main character), I find Bowser's Castle a parallel game (or maybe a continuation RIGHT when Mario saves Peach, more later), when Peach is still innocent/ditzy, but she will be discovering things with Bowser.

So we can think of this:
BASE: Classic Mario games: Mario always saving Peach.
-> Fork 1: MIM PUT PLOT (already in the PUT thread, copying it here):

Princess Peach has been a pubescent damsel in her kingdom. Aside of having to rule the Toad's land, she was discovering herself, as she is now an adult. She is getting more and more aroused, while discovering things like the ability to keep some things hidden 'there' (her 'back hammerspace')...She had urges we may not know until then...maybe she loves to tease her ass with the Dildo at every morning? Is she getting fed by the Toads?

Mario is always saving her without knowing those details. After so many Quests, finally Princess Peach has been in love with Mario. She was a bit embarrassed but, now, she decided to make love to him after so many adventures. Peach and Mario went on a romantic date inside the Excess Express, and were enjoying the company of each other. Then, they had a kiss (and more, you decide), then they returned to Peach's Castle.

Peach, now drunk, began to undress herself and lay in the bed, when suddenly Airships passed by. Mario saw this and left without saying a word. Peach, somewhat confused and slightly irritated yelled: "Mario! Well, he probably comes back soon." But he did no come back and Peach fell asleep.
Meanwhile, Kamek throws a gas over the inhabitants, making most of them horny, so they can't organize a counter attack, while embarassing Peach.

Peach, still a virgin, innocent and ditzy as never before, must now search and find Mario while defeating his enemies. Will she be able to make it to him still a virgin? Or will she give up to all lascivity?

-> Fork 2: Instead of Mario getting captured, Peach is the one that has got missing from her Castle, and Mario is in the adventure map going after her. Peach is still innocent enough, so she is discovering things with Bowser.

-> 'Continuation Mode': MIM PUT events happen, Peach saves Mario, then Mario kisses Peach and Bowser Castle starts. Peach is not so innocent anymore because it will depend on what players did during the game in PUT (losing virginity, etc) but anyway, it can still work, because Peach can still 'learn' how to use Bowser's cock, and she can be enticed by the new feelings.

Terrantor!!! Wrote: As for as2 conversions, i can figure out a way to translate what I have to make it easier on ur guys end. The only reason I love as3 is it keeps the save time down cuz I can focus more on a small, concise text file and less on content loaded w/ frame scripts.

I agree. : ) AS3 is the ultimate route. Yes, conversions are possible when needed. For example, I use 'local code' for every scene. Goomba scene1: in frame 1, I set n=0, then I use random variables, and 'advance=true or false' for text balloons... In AS3, we can still use local varibles, or just cast a new 'scene instance' and use scene.advance= new String, etc, and use it. IN AS2, you know, we just need to type 'advance=true' and it creates it.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu May 22, 2014 12:47 am

Here's my Update for today!!!!
so I've implemented a zoom function, which is causing some choppiness to the graphics, partially due to the fact that I have so many graphics on the screen at once and I'm scaling them as an entire clip. the good news is it can be tuned with more precision that way. You really just have to find a comfortable zoom rate, which can be as complex as 4 sig figs (i.e. I've set it to .7xxx) so as a consequence it's very precise. the bad news is you can't really zoom out further than the default without it bugging out. I'm working on that one. Next up I'm building a tracking system so I can actually center mario during gameplay and pan over to the action when he's getting some. but without further adieu, here's my prototype. fell free to tell me about any issues you have with it. and go to the far left at your own peril, I'm still working in that area:

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Bowser's Castle.swf [ 67.4 KiB | Viewed 2834 times ]

@Ivan: I like idea 3, actually. So it's kinda like a sequel. I'm down.
Btw, anyone wanna animate the girls? I'd do it myself, but it's a bit much and It'll probably make me give up if I know me well, lol.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 am

Terrantor!!! Wrote:so I've implemented a zoom function

I say it! But I noticed that:
1. When Luigi goes right, the objects disappear and I cant go back.
2. I noticed you created a hitBoxtest. Actually this could be the entire ground MC, where you can place invisible rectangles (you can create a MC like 'default inv rectangle') and keep pasting it, so you can make the collision of all the level). Then you can put other objects like background MC and foreground MC in each Level MC (check the images below). Its an organized way you can do and it doesnt make the game slower. Once with a 'Level' mc that has everything, you can pan it all, zoom it in, zoom it out, change its colors, make it duskier, make it tremble (x, y), easily, instead of working with each independent MC.

Click on each pic to enlarge.

structure1.jpg
structure1.jpg (42.2 KiB) Viewed 2743 times

structure2.jpg
structure2.jpg (54.22 KiB) Viewed 2743 times

Also, making 'Level' Mc is great to attach it when its needed. So, in each level, you place each instance name, like Level_1_1 in the stage. If its Level_1_2, you just overwrite it. This avoids the 'All levels inside timeline' syndrome, because when we have, say, 20 levels, the game will be slower and with bugs, like this one viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2265&hilit=lalem&start=2880#p192051

You see the ending mess. When we are making levels and levels, there is a situation we populate the timeline so much with entire huge levels. Flash doesnt like to work like this, because it loads all those levels at once in the timeline, then going to level 10 actually 'plays' level 1 to 9 in the memory. Playing level 40 will play level 1 to 39, making frightening bugs appear.

So, try to work with MCs with just one frame. The exception is the scenes itself, of course, because they're not huge levels, they're just some bodyparts getting played ;)

Terrantor!!! Wrote:@Ivan: I like idea 3, actually. So it's kinda like a sequel. I'm down.

Actually you meant idea 2 ;) Idea 1 is the 'fork' mode, that is, MIM PUT happening if Mario is captured first and Bowser Castle happening if Peach is the one.
The continuation mode can work provided we dont get into many details after MIM PUT endings, because it does not mean much if Peach got married or not, or if she is a whore or not, because she is in another adventure, now with Bowser. She can be still 'virgin' in regard to Bowser dick anyway ;) Or the player can just skip PUT plot. I like the non-linear aspects because of that freedom.

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Btw, anyone wanna animate the girls? I'd do it myself, but it's a bit much and It'll probably make me give up if I know me well, lol.

Any specific animations? Maybe like this?
Scene 1: Peach playing with her own breasts
Scene 2: Peach masturbating, ily hand
Scene 3: Peach masturbating his asshole...
(just to remember, I am outside my computer until day 26).

But lets remember, if the current Peach model is to be used (which has more quality), we have to understand we only have her side view (with a forward head view) with only her princess gown dress. And she might have only 2 different hands.

I can bring MIM PUT model there, even if we are going to play with Mario, as we will be able to 'fiddle' Peach with the pose we want anyway, with her characters (Rosalina, Daisy, Burn Peach), her 20 different hands, her outfits, like seeing her in her wedding dress in a given level, or naked in another. Its actually easy to 'cut and paste' the model inside BC, but some AS2 code will need to get changed. For now, I use external functions, like _root.Checkchar() inside 'char' mcs, _root.checkGloves() for gloves and _root.checkSkirt() for some skirt, so its just a matter to make this function in AS3 and make it do nothing (stop()) until creating a small logic to change clothes in certain scenes. MIM Peach parts have tons of objects inside like crowns, foot left, foot right paste, pussy - some leaftovers, but this can be optimized/removed later and we can use them right away ;). You can work like this, as you will be coding in AS3 with your freedom and time.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu May 22, 2014 11:49 pm

I used ur advice and put the map in the mc, now it's just a matter of creating an algorithm to track Mario's coordinates. I'm starving so i'mma eat real quick.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sat May 24, 2014 4:43 am

Edit. I fixed it, but I got the bounce error, back. So I'll be troubleshooting that for the rest of the night. :( as a consequence I have to build a new vcam, too. Fuck, it's what I get for not having a game plan. anyways, I'm probably gonna focus more on importing some more babes, before i fix all the mechanics.

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Bowser's Castle.swf [ 50.62 KiB | Viewed 2374 times ]

Terrantor!!!

Postby AlphaGammaZX » Sat May 24, 2014 6:40 am

I know that its just a start but I did notice that Mario has infinite jump. I'm just saying LoL
AlphaGammaZX

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects