The Sim Project

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The Sim Project

Postby goat » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:36 am

Well at least me and Ben Franklin have something in common now! ...couldn't think of a better gout joke...ok I need to sleep...

Anyways, all is good and I know I say this every time, but we are making headway. I hate posting rough art but it's better then nothing. Here's Kody! Enjoy :)
Screen shot 2014-07-18 at 1.28.07 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-07-18 at 1.28.07 AM.png (93.45 KiB) Viewed 6761 times

Screen shot 2014-07-18 at 1.30.58 AM.png
Screen shot 2014-07-18 at 1.30.58 AM.png (73.82 KiB) Viewed 6761 times
goat

Postby littleredrabbit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:48 am

You and red were not kidding when you said a lot has changed the art seems to have undergone a BIG change since Linn's dress up game (pg.22) and Marli's montage (pg.26).

It feels much more cartoonist like now which may or may not be a bad thing I'm still trying to get use to the shift, but then again you did say this was rough work so maybe I'm jumping the gun.

ONE thing I'm very sad to see DJ Shaggy Bear's sudden weight loss, in his first art on page 12 he looked a little on the husky side which I liked.
littleredrabbit
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:21 am

I really see the shift as more gradual; the project's been leaning more towards the cartoony from the beginning, and I think the new material still fits within the purview of the project.

I like it a lot, and I'm looking forward to more! :)
~ZK
Zeus Kabob

Postby goat » Fri Jul 18, 2014 12:30 pm

You're not the first to mention his weight. I'm tring to represent as many different body types as possible so I'll go in and feed him some more cookies ;) other then his weight, he has shorter legs and longer arms which might make it look more cartoony too, the other difference is thicker outlines and the lack of gradients used in the shading, but I can add more, I've just been somewhat conservative with them as they are FPS killers.

Let me know what you like about the previous character rigs and I'll modify him acordingly.
goat

Postby littleredrabbit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:30 pm

goat Wrote:You're not the first to mention his weight. I'm tring to represent as many different body types as possible so I'll go in and feed him some more cookies ;)......
Let me know what you like about the previous character rigs and I'll modify him acordingly.

Yes I want my cuddly mussel gut teddy back *pout*
littleredrabbit

Postby FMC » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:44 am

Lol, I liked the husky look, but I'm not too picky on how the games looks from a 'cartoony vs real' aspect. In fact, with a game like this, trying to get too 'real' might be a bad thing.
FMC

Postby goat » Sat Jul 19, 2014 4:49 am

Husky it is, I'm editing him right now. :) As for the cartoony/realistic thing, I wanted it to be a little exaggerated, but not so much that they aren't still appealing and sexy. To far to realism and we're in the uncanny valley. Too cartoony and we're not sure what's what :P
goat

Postby Melachiz » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:43 am

I cant Download the game and i am always stuck on the white picture with the title.
Melachiz
Newly Registered

Postby Anonymouse » Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:22 am

There isn't a proper demo yet, just a few showcases of different features and characters. What are you trying to download?

Work does continue on this, albeit slowly; Goat is swamped with work at the moment and the stuff I am working on is mostly engine stuff that I can't really show off.
Anonymouse

Postby KingKaor » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:13 am

Anonymouse Wrote:...the stuff I am working on is mostly engine stuff that I can't really show off.

Well, I mean, you could show it off. But that implies that anyone wants to look at a bunch of HTML/Java/whatever programming text.
KingKaor

Postby ASI1 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:44 am

you guys alive
ASI1

Postby Red.Sheer » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:23 am

Well, at least I'm alive. Though the honest answer is that I am not working on this project at the moment, like at all. Sorry about that, but I cannot dedicate time to it currently.

I don't know about the others, haven't heard from goat in a while but I guess the coding goes on, more or less :)
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby Anonymouse » Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:28 am

I'm alive, and I have been coding, but I haven't heard from Goat in nearly a month now, I can't really do any more until I do, so...
Anonymouse

Postby goat » Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:29 pm

I'm back from the dead... Between traveling for work and getting really sick, I was pretty out of the loop, but the cure potions and heal sickness spells from red have been helping :P
goat

Postby littleredrabbit » Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:46 am

Good to hear you are feeling better Goat and thank you red for your excellent magic medic skills :3
littleredrabbit

Postby littleredrabbit » Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:32 am

*tunnels out of the center of the earth* HELLO just cheeking in seeing if you all are still kinking
littleredrabbit

Postby Ahriya » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:05 am

This whole project looks really good, and I hope you guys can eventually get back to it 100%!
Ahriya

Postby Gorutsuki » Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:54 am

I hope I don't sound rude when I ask this but where is everyone? It's become really quiet in here.
Gorutsuki

Postby Red.Sheer » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:33 pm

Hey everyone, thank you for your continuing interest and support for this project :)

Unfortunately I have to inform you that right now the development process is on hiatus. Some of us have faced pretty tough stuff personally and right now there don't seem to be time or resources to be spent on FML.

We'll inform you once we get back into the game.

Baa-baa!
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby Nachobear64 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:47 am

Red.Sheer Wrote:Hey everyone, thank you for your continuing interest and support for this project :)

Unfortunately I have to inform you that right now the development process is on hiatus. Some of us have faced pretty tough stuff personally and right now there don't seem to be time or resources to be spent on FML.

We'll inform you once we get back into the game.

Baa-baa!

The development progress is on hiatus.
progress is on hiatus.
on hiatus.
Hiatus.

Welp, I'll see everyone in 2018. /sarcasm
Nachobear64
Newly Registered

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects