The Sim Project

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The Sim Project

Postby goat » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:48 pm

I know everyone must think we have died but I promise you that is not the case. I'm currently working through rebuilding the game in a different programming language (and teaching myself programming in the process) so art has taken a little bit of a backseat. The overall design look of the game is getting a refresh too, though the character models will look the same.
goat

Postby FMC » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:22 pm

Interesting...
FMC

Postby Tymon » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:52 am

Hm... Interesting concept... I hope it isn't dropped?
Tymon

Postby goat » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:35 pm

Nope, not dropped, Anonymouse is converting the old code and has really saved the project, Red is helping with the story and I'm writing scripts and making art. There's a lot to do and I'd rather post things when we have something more substantial done.
goat

Postby KingKaor » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Gods, I can't wait to play this game!
KingKaor

Postby ASI1 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:25 am

I say it will come out close to the end of this year or early next
ASI1

Postby Red.Sheer » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:41 am

ASI1 Wrote:I say it will come out close to the end of this year or early next

LIES! :lol:
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby goat » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 am

Play nice Red :P
goat

Postby ASI1 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:49 am

it's ok. Sorry red I was not trying to start anything I was guessing how long things like the amazing project take some time but iv be wrong before :)
ASI1

Postby Sivertop » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:34 am

it comes when it comes ;) just hope they dont rush ^^

want to see it too already but this will not help them just give it the time it needs they will say it if there is something to say
Sivertop

Postby Red.Sheer » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:20 pm

I'm just kidding, don't worry ;) I'm nice most of the time :D I think the only thing nobody has to be afraid of is this being a piece of rushed work in any possible meaning of the word :lol:
ImageImage

Staff member ---- Loyal follower of the Lolsheep
Red.Sheer

Postby ASI1 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 pm

agreed
ASI1

Postby littleredrabbit » Fri May 02, 2014 3:40 am

So I was just wandering if everything is going along ok, i recall last time we talk about the new art going into the game and i was just wandering what else is new.

I'm particularly interested in knowing if my suggestion to combined the mechanics job with the science & mathematics and creating a sports & athletics in its place?
littleredrabbit
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Anonymouse » Sat May 03, 2014 12:59 am

I'm particularly interested in knowing if my suggestion to combined the mechanics job with the science & mathematics and creating a sports & athletics in its place?

Pretty sure it has been changed, in the plans at least. I recall seeing the athletics background being mentioned in one of the scripts.

In terms of how things are going, work is still progressing. The game has been converted to AS3 and into 1280x720 resolution to run better and for compatibility, and I'm in the processing of implementing new UI art for the dialogue trees and game menus. Also, recently implemented the dialogue trees, so those are working now and it's just a case of putting the dialogue in as scripts get written and art gets created.
Anonymouse

Postby goat » Sat May 03, 2014 2:38 am

@littleredrabbit: yes indeed, the background traits are now: Science, Arts and Athletics. Thanks again for the suggestion :)

And yes, anonymouse has done some really amazing and impressive programming on this and deserves some serious high fives all around. We are pushing forward with a full, playable demo soon but under Red's good advisement we will be starting a new forum thread that is more focused as the game has gone through many, often contradictory revisions since conception and we now have a much more solid, unified game with lots of great content :) hope everyone will stay tuned!
goat

Postby littleredrabbit » Sun May 04, 2014 8:01 pm

*shakes with excitement*

*shakes head* oh ummmmm *cough* that is fantastic new I've been sticking with this project this long I'm shore as :twisted: not going to just drop my interest in it now :D

First and foremost warm hugs and fresh baked cookies for goat, red, mouse and everyone how helped keep this project from dying you people rock http://37.media.tumblr.com/07fd15b3ea18 ... o1_400.gif

P.s: oh and Goat did you not say we would be getting some art of out stallion love interest ;)
littleredrabbit

Postby littleredrabbit » Fri May 23, 2014 11:46 pm

I have a question for the team in regards to who take the lead in the bed room activities is it set in stone who takes the lead and who follows, or will how we interact with them change that?

I'm more a catcher that a pitcher so I was just wondering if i had options or not?
littleredrabbit

Postby goat » Tue May 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Well then there's good news for you :D just due to the large volume of player choices and the crazy about of alternate art needed, many of the male bi sexual characters will have similar scenes with both male and female players so plenty of activity for a player that wants to play a make bottom, though there's opertunities to be on top too.

Oh and btw, I'll post some art soon, I know I said I was waiting for the demo, but it's been way to long and you were so nice to provide the cookies ^^
goat

Postby DocHollidayftb » Sat May 31, 2014 8:41 pm

YAY :D looking forward to seeing more art, i like the way this game looks so far :) seems so relaxed, can't wait to get my hands of something i can mess with ;)
DocHollidayftb

Postby VladimirDrago » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:03 am

It is an interesting project so far. Im looking forward to seeing more of this :D
VladimirDrago

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects