Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 2.4.9 (Oct 1/15)

Postby overlord5 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:43 pm

meisbi Wrote:Thanks again for the good work!

But there is a new bug that prevents people with german keyboards to play at all! The keyboard configs for lefthand are messed up: "A" is now "lactate", "Q" is "left" and I haven't yet found out which key is "up". And since the righthand layouts don't work well with a german keyboard (e.g. there is no single key for ";") it's hard to play at all! :(

left handed would also be hard as it switches y and z if i remeber correctly. i don't know how exactly it would react but could you try switching the software keyboard to american or any of the others
overlord5

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:43 am

Bluey5 Wrote:This is partially fixed. Nail color can no longer be changed now. It's stuck at "Red".

DONE!

toybirdy Wrote:well now in the outfit changing room all the lingerie options are undefined and....

Already Fixed. If not, you have to download the latest version, then clear your flash cache.

tripflip Wrote:I think this has been mentioned before, but I just played through the latest version and found that after viewing all of the "real endings" for Super Mario Bros 1-3 and Mario RPG, the button for "The End" doesn't do anything when I click it. I can only click "Keep Playing."

Those buttons were 'playing' with my patience.
FIXED!

The unlock might happen after pressing THE END. If now, please bug me! Well, by pressing KEEP PLAYING it should unlock too!

meisbi Wrote:Thanks again for the good work! But there is a new bug that prevents people with german keyboards to play at all! The keyboard configs for lefthand are messed up: "A" is now "lactate", "Q" is "left" and I haven't yet found out which key is "up". And since the righthand layouts don't work well with a german keyboard (e.g. there is no single key for ";") it's hard to play at all! :(

Lefthand keys? Are you with the newest version? I dont remember changing those keys. Checking!
QWERTZ? There is no support for it yet. But I'll think about it QUICKLY!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby meisbi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 3:32 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Lefthand keys? Are you with the newest version? I dont remember changing those keys. Checking!

Yes, I played the newest version from oct 1st. In the menu screen it still shows the old layout (left/right: A,D). But in fact it's Q,D instead...
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:QWERTZ? There is no support for it yet. But I'll think about it QUICKLY!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/QWERTZ

QWERTZ-Support would be nice to have, but is not necessary for the lefthand layouts, since they use neither z nor y nor one of the special keys on the right of the keyboard (like ";" etc.). Also switching the keyboard layout like overlord5 suggested should work fine for the other layouts...

Here is a screenshot of the menu screen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

PUT1.PNG
PUT1.PNG (177.08 KiB) Viewed 14609 times
meisbi

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:14 pm

meisbi Wrote:QWERTZ-Support would be nice to have, but is not necessary for the lefthand layouts, since they use neither z nor y nor one of the special keys on the right of the keyboard (like ";" etc.). Also switching the keyboard layout like overlord5 suggested should work fine for the other layouts...

Could you be more clear? Which keys to be changed? Z and Y? Where? To a new Keyboard setting (5)? Or a new item (QWERTZ) in the right of QWERTY and AZERTY buttons?
I need more information.

meisbi Wrote:Here is a screenshot of the menu screen:

Remember you need to select the keyboard type. Here, I selected the default (QWERTY) and it worked 100%. When I changed to AZERTY, I had the same problem as yours, as my keyboard IS QWERTY, not AZERTY.
(You know you have to click in one of those buttons right?)

azerty.jpg
azerty.jpg (114.23 KiB) Viewed 14596 times
Ivan-Aedler

Postby overlord5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:34 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
meisbi Wrote:QWERTZ-Support would be nice to have, but is not necessary for the lefthand layouts, since they use neither z nor y nor one of the special keys on the right of the keyboard (like ";" etc.). Also switching the keyboard layout like overlord5 suggested should work fine for the other layouts...

Could you be more clear? Which keys to be changed? Z and Y? Where? To a new Keyboard setting (5)? Or a new item (QWERTZ) in the right of QWERTY and AZERTY buttons?
I need more information.

meisbi Wrote:Here is a screenshot of the menu screen:

Remember you need to select the keyboard type. Here, I selected the default (QWERTY) and it worked 100%. When I changed to AZERTY, I had the same problem as yours, as my keyboard IS QWERTY, not AZERTY.

azerty.jpg

QWERTZ has y and z swiched othewise it's the same as QWERTY
overlord5

Postby shadow_a » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:03 am

I apologize if this has already been brought to your attention, but I've noticed what seems to be a bug with the toad scenes 4 and 11 (the face down massage and face up massage respectively). After looking through several pages, I haven't seen any mention of it. It seems that in these scenes when the toad penetrates the princess, the animation loops once and then proceeds to the next animation without pressing the button to advance it. I've made sure that auto advance was turned off, and on scene 11 it reverts back to the previous animation with the princess off center.
shadow_a
Newly Registered

Postby meisbi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Could you be more clear? Which keys to be changed? Z and Y? Where? To a new Keyboard setting (5)? Or a new item (QWERTZ) in the right of QWERTY and AZERTY buttons?
I need more information.

overlord5 Wrote:QWERTZ has y and z swiched othewise it's the same as QWERTY

Regarding the letters and numbers overlord5 is right, but symbols differ more, partly because german has some more "letters". I marked the differences in the following pickture:
german-keyboard-layout.png
german-keyboard-layout.png (38.97 KiB) Viewed 14561 times

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Remember you need to select the keyboard type. Here, I selected the default (QWERTY) and it worked 100%. When I changed to AZERTY, I had the same problem as yours, as my keyboard IS QWERTY, not AZERTY.

Actually I tried changing this after the problem occured. But those buttons don't seem to work anymore. This is my screenshot of the keyboard-selection-dialog, clicking on any of the above buttons doesn't change anything, it always looks like "QWERTY" is selected:
PUT2.PNG
PUT2.PNG (298.19 KiB) Viewed 14561 times

PS: Just noted, that I missed to mark some differences on the keyboard layout, but all those that matter for PUT should be marked.
meisbi

Postby salsichawin » Sat Oct 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Im stuck at World 6 - 6 on skull rocks.
Not sure if its a bug or im just being noob and dont find way get out of there lol

when i "do" the rocks, they stay with colorful eyes (red and blue) and nothing happen.
salsichawin
Newly Registered

Postby meisbi » Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:05 pm

salsichawin Wrote:Im stuck at World 6 - 6 on skull rocks.
Not sure if its a bug or im just being noob and dont find way get out of there lol

when i "do" the rocks, they stay with colorful eyes (red and blue) and nothing happen.

After "doing" them properly you have to jump on them three or four times each. Then you can try to enter the cave... :)
meisbi

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:50 pm

CONVERSION TO AS3: 70% DONE (hopefully!)

meisbi Wrote:Regarding the letters and numbers overlord5 is right, but symbols differ more, partly because german has some more "letters". I marked the differences in the following pickture

Ok so thats another story! A 'QUERTZ' option! I'll think about that, really! Richtig, mein Freund!

meisbi Wrote:Actually I tried changing this after the problem occured. But those buttons don't seem to work anymore. This is my screenshot of the keyboard-selection-dialog, clicking on any of the above buttons doesn't change anything, it always looks like "QWERTY" is selected

Very strange! Here in my tests, I entered the game, selected mode 4, AZERTY, then I left the game. I entered on it again, PRESSED SHIFT (because this mode requires you to press SHIFT), then I entered the keyboard screen again and I've selected option 1. Now the keys are working here. I left the game, entered on it again, and its now still in keyboard mode 1. Then I left again, entered on it once more, selected mode 2, AZERTY, and its now in that mode! Please check if you need to press SHIFT instead of SPACE (or does the german keyboard change shift too?)

shadow_a Wrote:I apologize if this has already been brought to your attention, but I've noticed what seems to be a bug with the toad scenes 4 and 11 (the face down massage and face up massage respectively).

No, it hasnt! EDIT: FIXED!

salsichawin Wrote:Im stuck at World 6 - 6 on skull rocks. Not sure if its a bug or im just being noob and dont find way get out of there lol

You have to 'fuck' the rocks (their horny bar meter should be all blue). Dont try to leave the scenes before filling those.
Then jump on their heads for a time.
A 'blink' sound should be heard, and their eyes must be colored. Now 'talk' to the main skull door!
(the game is a bit different from PAPER MARIO 2 there).
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 am, edited 2 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby kissofthehell » Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:30 pm

So whats teh difference to AS3? I think i read something about increased performance i think?
kissofthehell

Postby overlord5 » Sat Oct 03, 2015 10:08 pm

kissofthehell Wrote:So whats teh difference to AS3? I think i read something about increased performance i think?

the main difference is classes, they can help us make the code more organized, and because we can refer to objects as an instance of an class instead of the bulky random object we have now, we can skip a lot of checks
AS3 has also been cleaned up quite a bit so it's no longer as slow. also because the code would be more organized in classes it will help reduce the amount of errors (the fact that any bug fixing can be done in the current model astonishes me)
the initial conversion is very direct meaning that the initial version in AS3 will not have much of an impact compared to the current version in AS2, but with time it will be re-writen more intune with the AS3 standard which should give a significant performance boost
it won't be as fast as if we convert to unity but it should be worth it, and if we do a unity conversion it will be alot easier from AS3 then AS2
overlord5

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:09 am

overlord5 Wrote:
kissofthehell Wrote:So whats teh difference to AS3? I think i read something about increased performance i think?

The main difference is classes, they can help us make the code more organized, and because we can refer to objects as an instance of an class instead of the bulky random object we have now, we can skip a lot of checks

Thats it! But of course this is only one of the features!
- Flash CC onwards doesnt support AS2 anymore. Also, Flash CS6, CC and higher can output for other formats (AIR, HTML5...) and then I can even convert to Unity (someday in a far future)...
- Due to the latest versions of Flash IDE, compile times can be as low as 5 minutes!! (so it saves my time and resources!) In AS2, we must use Flash CS6 and earlier, which can compile the game in 50 minutes or more!!
- AS3 is faster than AS2 in almost ALL circunstances, and uses less memory.
- I can change the current game framerate, making Peach get fucked faster or slower, for example.
- A more 'true' OO approach (I can code everything in classes). Although AS2 also supported classes, it wasnt so 'native' and it used tons of 'prototypes', '_' notations (like _root and _global) and many workarounds.
- Third Party classes in AS3 are much more common and updated. So I can quickly add a new camera component, or a FPS benchmark (like 'Show Profile' menu when you right click in the game), I can make 'bubble' effects in music, I can add more synchronized songs (or part of a song tune like DRUMS), I can alter pitch, tempo and other variables.
- More security options, and I can even make the game work only if ran from a given website (I wont need this anyway).
- XML and other 'load/save file' support (natively).
- New methods like currentLabel, that helps me to figure out which current frame the game is playing (like a given scene state).

overlord5 Wrote:The fact that any bug fixing can be done in the current model astonishes me)

Its the practice! I am already 'blessed up' with 'AS2 tricks' since the my medieval era (2011).

overlord5 Wrote:The initial conversion is very direct meaning that the initial version in AS3 will not have much of an impact compared to the current version in AS2

In regard to GAME FEATURES and Graphics, it will be THE SAME. But we may notice a performance boost (or perhaps a bit faster), and fewer bugs. Also, I'll be updating the game much more (due to less time required to compile the game).

overlord5 Wrote:but with time it will be re-writen more intune with the AS3 standard which should give a significant performance boost

Yes. I hope so ;)

overlord5 Wrote:it won't be as fast as if we convert to unity but it should be worth it, and if we do a unity conversion it will be alot easier from AS3 then AS2

Perhaps a plan for 2017? ;)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:47 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby overlord5 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:51 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
overlord5 Wrote:The fact that any bug fixing can be done in the current model astonishes me)

Its the practice! I am already 'blessed up' with 'AS2 tricks' since the my medieval era (2011).

yeah but that don't mean it's any less impressive, at your point i would proberbly have either given up on fixing bugs or rewriten the entire thing in something more sensable.
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
overlord5 Wrote:The initial conversion is very direct meaning that the initial version in AS3 will not have much of an impact compared to the current version in AS2

In regard to GAME FEATURES and Graphics, it will be THE SAME. But we may notice a performance boost (or perhaps a bit faster), and fewer bugs. Also, I'll be updating the game much more (due to less time required to compile the game).

i think that the biggest drawback is proberbly still the processing time of all the vector graphics, but lets see.
Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
overlord5 Wrote:it won't be as fast as if we convert to unity but it should be worth it, and if we do a unity conversion it will be alot easier from AS3 then AS2

Perhaps a plan for 2017? ;)

well most of the assets can actually be converted directly, i think i even saw some flash animation to unity conversion tools, i think the toughtest part would be to define all the variables in the same way that all sensable languages do
Code: Select All Code
private int VariableName; // how everyone else does it
private Var VariableName:int; // how flash does it

and some minor issues with sending the correct commands to the sound engine.
overlord5

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:08 am

overlord5 Wrote:well most of the assets can actually be converted directly, i think i even saw some flash animation to unity conversion tools, i think the toughtest part would be to define all the variables in the same way that all sensable languages do
private int VariableName; // how everyone else does it
private Var VariableName:int; // how flash does it

Actually its like this:
private int VariableName=1;  VariableName=10;// how everyone else does it
private var VariableName:int=1; VariableName=10;// how flash AS3 does it
var VariableName; VariableName=10;// Flash AS3 also understands this
VariableName=1; VariableName=10; // how Flash AS2 does it
Ivan-Aedler

Postby meisbi » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:01 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Very strange! Here in my tests, I entered the game, selected mode 4, AZERTY, then I left the game. I entered on it again, PRESSED SHIFT (because this mode requires you to press SHIFT), then I entered the keyboard screen again and I've selected option 1. Now the keys are working here. I left the game, entered on it again, and its now still in keyboard mode 1. Then I left again, entered on it once more, selected mode 2, AZERTY, and its now in that mode! Please check if you need to press SHIFT instead of SPACE (or does the german keyboard change shift too?)

- SHIFT/SPACE: They should be the same in ALL keyboard layouts (well, except very different languages like chinese perhaps). I guess you meant pressing SHIFT/SPACE at the very first black screen instead of pressing the button "Play" with your mouse? At that screen SPACE works, SHIFT doesn't...
- Selecting "AZERTY"-Mode: As I tried to say the button doesn't work at all! The screenshot I took of my keyboard selection screen was AFTER pressing "AZERTY"... So I can't try to switch to AZERTY and back :(
meisbi

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Oct 04, 2015 5:49 pm

meisbi Wrote:- SHIFT/SPACE: They should be the same in ALL keyboard layouts (well, except very different languages like chinese perhaps). I guess you meant pressing SHIFT/SPACE at the very first black screen instead of pressing the button "Play" with your mouse? At that screen SPACE works, SHIFT doesn't...

SPACE should work in the first screen because you havent configured the keyboard yet (its a default button).

meisbi Wrote:- Selecting "AZERTY"-Mode: As I tried to say the button doesn't work at all! The screenshot I took of my keyboard selection screen was AFTER pressing "AZERTY"... So I can't try to switch to AZERTY and back :(

Its an interesting problem there, because I can do it here now. And its working with the version in this site too.

peach.wmv [ 2.03 MiB | Viewed 14478 times ]

Ivan-Aedler

Postby superfro » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:09 pm

So I found a glitch, not too major but just something in the Gallery and the Outfit room for the Krystal character, some of the outfits are excluded in the costume choices. Here is a list of the costume choices when krystal is already the chosen character from the gallery and outfit room.
Gallery:
When scrolling costumes right:
Order:
-naked
-shygirl
loops from there

When scrolling costumes left:
Order:
-naked
-peach's classic dress
-peach's brawl dress
-peach's fire dress
-naked
loops from there

Outfit Room:
When scrolling costumes left:
Order:
-naked
-shygirl
-swimsuit
-koopa slave
-penguin
-peachy racer
-Yoshi
-Wedding dress
-Apron
-Shadow Queen
-Nurse
-X-Naut
-Hammer Bro
-Daisy striker
-mario
-Rosa dress
-Daisy Dress
-Striker
-sling bikini
-frog
-fire dress
-peach's brawl dress
-peach's classic dress
-naked
loops from there

When scrolling costumes right:
order:
same as scrolling left without Shygirl outfit

Other than that, very great game design and if it woudn't be too much to ask, maybe putting a back button on the character select and outfit room would be good just in case I want to choose a hard game but accidentally click normal?
superfro
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Mon Oct 05, 2015 4:16 am

LAST PHASE OF AS3 CONVERSION may be a NIGHTMARE.

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

PUT AS3 - Last Phase of Game Conversion (harderst part).png

The song that translates the current mood: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ObIcR6nnUw
But I wont give up! I feel that by fixing errors in a given level, many will be already fixed, due to the fact many has the same root problems!

superfro Wrote:So I found a glitch, not too major but just something in the Gallery and the Outfit room for the Krystal character, some of the outfits are excluded in the costume choices. Here is a list of the costume choices when krystal is already the chosen character from the gallery and outfit room.

PROBABLY FIXED NOW!

Just to remind you, Krystal doesnt wear Catsuit neither Tigeress (on purpose).
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby DatFlash » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:33 pm

Good luck Ivan.
DatFlash

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects