Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/11) - HIATUS

Postby Golden_Pikachu » Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:10 pm

overlord5 Wrote:
Golden_Pikachu Wrote:Hi, I've been following this project for a while now, and I do see that the game is on hiatus, but by any chance would a mobile phone version of PUT ever be considered? I'm not too sure about the technical side, and I'm definitely not saying it should be shown to Google Play lol, but It would be cool to see one day, so I guess it's more of a suggestion than anything. Right now I just use Puffin, which isn't the best ,but I don't know of any way to play PUT on my phone, since flash player looks like it won't exist for too much longer I guess. All in all though this is a really cool project, and I come back to it often haha :)

this game is flash based so it wont come to Android or IOS but maybe next game

Oh okay, thanks for letting me know:)
Golden_Pikachu
Newly Registered

Postby Golden_Pikachu » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:54 pm

Hey, me again. I was just wondering if when the game is finished, would it be possible to make the enemies in levels 4-5 and 4-6 have scenes, as I think that would be a nice touch. While I understand the point is that they're giant, it could be cool to see them get their own unique scenes. Also, as another suggestion could peach pole dance on the stage in 6-4? Maybe have it so more charging chucks spawn, and try to chase peach, again, a nice touch to the level. I understand if these just aren't possible, but I just thought I'd throw them out there as suggestions! P. S. Will Waluigi ever get a scene?
Golden_Pikachu
Newly Registered

Postby HugelDude » Mon Sep 21, 2020 11:47 pm

Apparently PUT has been hit with a DMCA from Nintendo, RIP https://www.polygon.com/2020/9/21/21449 ... ce=twitter
HugelDude

Postby Saxsu » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:25 am

Idk if this is going to work, but basically you have to change the characters, enemies, sounds that are from Nintendo games, idk about the blocks because i see mario ripoffs left and right get away with it after doimg a redraw, but the thing is you are on the spotlight atm, so im not even sure about it, tgis would be such a pain to do, if you want to replace all the assets and dialog to do a presentation of tye character of tge new game you said you started to working on, tgen do as you please, i wouldn't recommend it tho, Nintendo will likely just fuck you even more like what they did to tge Mario BR even after all sounds and assets where replaced
Saxsu
Newly Registered

Postby peachfucker69 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:17 am

Just read the update, I'm glad development is gonna keep going but I'm worried Nintendo will find this site too and also take it down, lets just hope the game can finish development before that happens but make sure not to overwork yourself Ivan, this is the hottest game on the web for me and I've always dreamt of seeing it finally finished, wishing you the best of luck.
peachfucker69
Newly Registered

Postby ohya3838 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:07 am

Hi Ivan, just want to tell u I really appreciate what you have done in this 8 years time. I have play this game since you decided to take over the whole project, and I really enjoy playing it. Your passion and creativity always inspire me. I am really sorry u have to face all these stuff. Plz keep do what you r doing right now, can't wait for what u're gonna show us next:)

PS. https://game.udn.com/game/story/10451/4847270
Even our country's media decide to make a article about PUT and u, and got lots of people discussed about it. there's still many people around the world love this game like I do. So keep up the good work!
ohya3838
Newly Registered

Postby proudcyber » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:41 pm

I played this a couple of years ago and was following your progress :( sad to hear about DMCA, I am a unity dev If you need help working on this project I am more than happy to help :)
proudcyber
Newly Registered

Postby samswashbuckler » Tue Sep 22, 2020 11:30 pm

Keep up the great work, screw Nintendo.
samswashbuckler
Newly Registered

Postby Rekomeina » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:09 am

i feel like giving put a DMCA was a stupid move on Nintendo's part cus they have to acknowledge the game what it's content is and what the premise is IN CORT
IN FRONT OF A JUDGE i feel bad for the leageal team that had to argue for this as well as for ivan but arguing this to a judge bust have bin humiliating
Rekomeina
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:21 am

On the topic of DMCA:

I think Nintendo isn't at fault here, not entirely. In all likelihood they have hired out several companies to try to find and squelch copyright infringement, and someone found this game and decided it was infringing without doing any kind of research on the matter. Considering that very few people seem to understand the tenets of fair use, and that companies rarely allow any kind of recourse against unfounded DMCA claims (by design of the law, I might add), there's no confusion about why the game got a DMCA request levied against it. Considering the way DMCA is implemented right now, and the fact that almost 100% of the people they're targeting have no money to take any of these cases to court (with a small damage to Nintendo if it ever went to court at that), it's actually a very good thing that there aren't too many DMCA claims at the moment. The slow but steady uptick in DMCA claims is almost certainly a result of the fact that there's an upside to a wide-reaching approach to sending DMCA takedown notices and limited downside.

That said, I think given Nintendo's history of wide sweeping DMCA takedown requests that go far beyond the extent of the copyright protections they're afforded under USA law, it's my belief that this DMCA is unlawful, unreasonable, and being used to protect their image as a family-friendly company. I don't believe they understand the value that fan works bring to their franchises and to their company.

I want to support you, Ivan. You've been one of our most enduring and friendly creators, and your game has had so much work put into it over the years. Renara is the one who has final say as far as how to respond to a DMCA takedown notice directed at the forums themselves, however considering the foundation of this site is on making fan games of copyrighted work I can't imagine Renara would let it go without some fight. I would hate to see you have to replace references to Nintendo characters just so that you can post on sites like Github that are too afraid to challenge overreaching DMCAs.
Zeus Kabob

Postby Niara » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:25 am

I dropped a note to Ivan directly, but just mentioning this here for anyone else doing reading on the issue:

While it may indeed be possible that the work could be argued as overstepping the Parody aspect of Fair Use, what is undeniable is that it absolutely IS protected by Transformation law, another aspect of Fair Use; PuT is absolutely and undeniably very firmly within the description of Transformative Work, and is protected by Fair Use on those grounds.

Some relevant reading material can be found here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformation_%28law%29

https://www.transformativeworks.org/legal/

Ivan releases this work for free; that also matters and is relevant here. Legally, I'm pretty sure this work should be safe and protected beyond question.
Niara

Postby Samus85aran » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:09 pm

Hi Ivan how long time to no write to you, i want to remember that we are here to supporting you in any that you need i hope you can continuos with the project and we can help in new ideas and why not make a remake now in Unity
Samus85aran

Postby MegaManRageX » Thu Sep 24, 2020 8:14 am

Turns Out It Isn't Even Nintendo Causing These Takedowns. It's Some Rando Pretending To Be Nintendo.
MegaManRageX
Newly Registered

Peach's Untold Tale

Postby AlbinoBushy » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:10 pm

Do you have a discord where the community can discuss?
AlbinoBushy
Newly Registered

Postby Loobot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:41 am

MegaManRageX Wrote:Turns Out It Isn't Even Nintendo Causing These Takedowns. It's Some Rando Pretending To Be Nintendo.

source?
Loobot
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Fri Sep 25, 2020 6:12 am

Loobot, I think he's just responding to my assertion that they hired a company to handle DMCA for them.
Zeus Kabob

Postby swifty995 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:55 am

I am glad you are not giving up. I have eagerly awaited the final product my *entire adult life* and it would leave a hallow feeling in my heart to see it die.
swifty995
Newly Registered

Postby Loobot » Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:43 pm

Zeus Kabob Wrote:Loobot, I think he's just responding to my assertion that they hired a company to handle DMCA for them.

Ah I gotcha, that makes sense. Also I appreciate you keeping us updated about the situation Ivan and I think we all share the same sentiment as swifty995.
Loobot
Newly Registered

Re: Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/19) - HIATUS

Postby Allsop2604 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:00 pm

So with the current DMCA issues going on there currently isn't anywhere I can download the newest, 3.49 version? Odd that I can grab the 3.48 still so easily. Really excited to see the new content.
^.^
Allsop2604

Re: Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/19) - HIATUS

Postby dryer3 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:39 pm

Allsop2604 Wrote:So with the current DMCA issues going on there currently isn't anywhere I can download the newest, 3.49 version? Odd that I can grab the 3.48 still so easily. Really excited to see the new content.

3.48 is the newest version
dryer3

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects