Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 3.48 (Nov 2/18) - HIATUS

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Hentai: Peach's Untold Tale 2.4.9 (Oct 5/15)

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:39 am

GAME UPDATED. More in page 1. Same version yet.
Update 2.4.9 (5th October 2015) - IN PROGRESS

- NEW: When in character select screen, you can go back to the main screen (in case you want to load a given game, or change the difficulty).
- Internal: Cross AS3->AS2 good practises to our AS2 version thanks for advanced REGEX for wrong call names (less bugs). An example: The function 'PES(this,"mouth","eyeLeft","eyeRight") was being called wrongly sometimes as 'PES("mouth","eyeLeft","eyeRight") since Blargh times. REGEX fixed this and detected problems with EndingsGallery too. I hope bugs will happen far less frequently from now.
- IMPROVED OPTION: 'During Scenes...' : LOOP until PRESS (default), LOOP 2x then NEXT (no need to press SPACE/SHIFT), and SPEEDY NEXT (also no presses). There are certain scenes those dont work, or they shouldnt work, so please ACTIVATE OPTION 1 again if you dont pass a given level or a given scene appears locked. Thats because of certain complex scenes. You can tell me which one might be erratic.
- BUG FIX: Certain walking shyguys not being hit by fireballs.
- Glitch Fix: Krystal not getting many clothes while in the Gallery.
- Glitch Fix: Custom powerup options not being saved (in outfit screen). Remember that those arent saved per slot, but as a global game config.
- Glitch Fix: Toad Scenes '4' and '11' (laid while face down, and laid while face up) advancing the scene automatically when penetrated (no loops) even with 'During Scenes'... option NOT in auto advance.
- Glitch Fix: problems with 'Keep Playing' and 'The End' button.
- Glitch Fix: Raccoon Princess 'spinning/flapping tail' if she falls just a bit. That made harder to jump on irregular surfaces like mushroom roofs.
- Glitch Fix: Flashing nails and toe nails.
- Glitch Fix: BossBass 'Vore' art was misaligned.
- Tons of cosmetic changes and fixes.

DatFlash Wrote:Good luck Ivan.

Thank you really ;)
Last edited by Ivan-Aedler on Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby Trninja2 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:22 am

Dude you're killin me :lol: . Everytime i come back to this thread it just keeps getting bigger, that page/post count is terrifying. But i am curious 2 c just how much of a beast this game has become
Damn i'm good!
You know u have a good game when you forget its a dirty game
Where am i?
Trninja2

Postby Doctor93 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 2:39 pm

BUG REPORT: For a while now, the Continue button hasn't worked properly. When you click it, it goes to a black screen. From there, you have to right-click and click Play to get it to start back up and even then it goes back to the title screen.
Doctor93

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:40 pm

Doctor93 Wrote:BUG REPORT: For a while now, the Continue button hasn't worked properly. When you click it, it goes to a black screen. From there, you have to right-click and click Play to get it to start back up and even then it goes back to the title screen.

FIXED! Sorry about that!

Trninja2 Wrote:Dude you're killin me :lol: . Everytime i come back to this thread it just keeps getting bigger, that page/post count is terrifying. But i am curious 2 c just how much of a beast this game has become

Hehe its more than a beast :lol: Its so complex (code and tons of levels) that the compile times can reach 1 hour!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby tripflip » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:48 pm

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Hehe its more than a beast :lol:

Beast Mode.gif
Beast Mode.gif (796.09 KiB) Viewed 2538 times
Support Ivan-Aedler, Blargh and me making dirty, filthy things like PUT at https://www.patreon.com/aef22?ty=h
Find the latest version of PUT at viewtopic.php?f=34&t=2265
tripflip

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:14 pm

tripflip Wrote:Beast Mode.gif

I WANT!! Hehe, now in page 1!! Thanks!
PS: I havent forgotten our Monty mole and Chuck texts!
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:52 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:GAME UPDATED. More in page 1. Same version yet.
Update 2.4.9 (5th October 2015) - IN PROGRESS

- NEW: When in character select screen, you can go back to the main screen (in case you want to load a given game, or change the difficulty).

This is great a great feature to have in case one would accidentally hit "New Game" instead of "Load Save". By they way Ivan, how are those levels I gave you awhile back coming along? Any progress on any of them?

Also, I was thinking we should have a new enemy of sorts in this game. "Winged Enemies" (Paratroopas, Paragoombas, etc.) With Super Mario Maker out now, we could also have "ParaPlants", "ParaWigglers", etc.
MPLDAM9919

Postby longjohn007 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:55 am

the game doesn't seem to be loading for me. Just shows a white screen. Any help?
longjohn007

Postby overlord5 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:33 pm

longjohn007 Wrote:the game doesn't seem to be loading for me. Just shows a white screen. Any help?

is it the first time you are trying to run the game?
i'm guessing your playing it in a browser, some browsers block local flash games, internet explorer makes it easy to unblock in the form of a button at the bottom, others require some changes to the security settings.
overlord5

Postby BlueCherry » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:08 pm

giant levels are soooooo hard...
However the vertical scrolling still have some bug (though it can be fixed by press Ctrl to switch to status window, the press Ctrl again to close)
peach1.JPG

and another bug seems unreasonable at all, though it doesn't affect gameplay. How can dead turtle to be in the air?
peach2.JPG
BlueCherry
Newly Registered

Postby overlord5 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:20 pm

BlueCherry Wrote:giant levels are soooooo hard...
However the vertical scrolling still have some bug (though it can be fixed by press Ctrl to switch to status window, the press Ctrl again to close)
peach1.JPG

and another bug seems unreasonable at all, though it doesn't affect gameplay. How can dead turtle to be in the air?
peach2.JPG

the way we implement the camera once we use AS3 classes will proberbly fix the camera thing.
the secound thing is a simple bug caused by not updating, proberbly to save resources.
overlord5

Postby Car6on » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:42 pm

Bug: When playing as Krystal and you press down with her back facing the player, you see the hair of peach.
Car6on

Postby kinkykitten » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:21 am

I just have a little question. What, exactly, will the AS3 conversion really bring? What makes it better to the point of putting so much work into it? (Excuse my ignorance on the matter, but I'm quite curious.)
kinkykitten
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:07 am

AS3 GOING ON WELL!!

Here, part of the new class that MIM PUT AS3 prototype is already accepting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

new key class.jpg

But too much neural energy!

MPLDAM9919 Wrote: This is great a great feature to have in case one would accidentally hit "New Game" instead of "Load Save". By they way Ivan, how are those levels I gave you awhile back coming along? Any progress on any of them?

Sorry, no time to check them since my return of the vacation, last month. I'll make Nimbus Land as soon as we're in AS3! ;) Thats because that monstruous conversion FINALLY HAPPENED. I am in progress.
Could you please send me the level sketches? Thats because I corrupted the files :/
I miss you around here.

MPLDAM9919 Wrote:Also, I was thinking we should have a new enemy of sorts in this game. "Winged Enemies" (Paratroopas, Paragoombas, etc.) With Super Mario Maker out now, we could also have "ParaPlants", "ParaWigglers", etc.

Yes, I see no problem. But I want to start with the Winged Paratroopas, because they're iconic to Mario Universe. I cant give you an end date.

longjohn007 Wrote:the game doesn't seem to be loading for me. Just shows a white screen. Any help?

You have to wait. Its 30mb. I know the loader is not loading, but thats a Flash limitation (due to the massive levels).

BlueCherry Wrote:giant levels are soooooo hard...

I dont feel them hard. Could you give me clues of areas that could be....'easened'?

BlueCherry Wrote:However the vertical scrolling still have some bug (though it can be fixed by press Ctrl to switch to status window, the press Ctrl again to close)

Already mentioned. I'll deal with it when the game conversion is completed. Perhaps in november or december.

BlueCherry Wrote:And another bug seems unreasonable at all, though it doesn't affect gameplay. How can dead turtle to be in the air?

Hmmmm he might not have the 'gravity' feature. Perhaps a bug in 'sleeping/died' variable. To be checked!

overlord5 Wrote:the way we implement the camera once we use AS3 classes will proberbly fix the camera thing. The secound thing is a simple bug caused by not updating, proberbly to save resources.

The second problem was a variable not getting registered. But I've not uploaded the fix yet.
Camera might be better for sure! It will gain a new class! I am starting to....get ....addicted to classes?

Car6on Wrote:Bug: When playing as Krystal and you press down with her back facing the player, you see the hair of peach.

It occurs to Rosalina and Daisy too. A very annoying bug. TO BE FIXED LATER.

kinkykitten Wrote:I just have a little question. What, exactly, will the AS3 conversion really bring? What makes it better to the point of putting so much work into it? (Excuse my ignorance on the matter, but I'm quite curious.)

You can see the explanations here ;)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby MPLDAM9919 » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:34 am

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
MPLDAM9919 Wrote: This is great a great feature to have in case one would accidentally hit "New Game" instead of "Load Save". By they way Ivan, how are those levels I gave you awhile back coming along? Any progress on any of them?

Sorry, no time to check them since my return of the vacation, last month. I'll make Nimbus Land as soon as we're in AS3! ;) Thats because that monstruous conversion FINALLY HAPPENED. I am in progress.
Could you please send me the level sketches? Thats because I corrupted the files :/
I miss you around here.

They got corrupted? I'll resend them. And I still browse around here. Though I miss posting here. I'll try to be more active.
MPLDAM9919

Postby Tacomancer » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:12 pm

get some rest man :)
Tacomancer

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Oct 11, 2015 6:59 pm

I HALTED AS3 CONVERSION.
prohibited sign STOP2.png
prohibited sign STOP2.png (8.79 KiB) Viewed 2343 times

I need some help, as there is still a LEGION of errors! :o :o :o :o
I have many and many objects that NEEDS to check , at each frame/second, if a given variable changed. It works in AS2! In AS3 I need to do 'more' in order, for example, to use a given 'check at each frame', because in AS3, the function can happen when the object is still being registered in the area they're in! That is, in the first frame, the ENTER FRAME can try to execute BEFORE the objects existence, THIS MUST NOT HAPPEN!

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

AS3 problem 1.jpg

AS3 problem 2.jpg

But nothing is over! Perhaps I need to change some way of thinking.
And, of course, MIM PUT AS2 is being updated in parallel.
Activating AS3 book reading and FORUM assistance.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:50 pm

Can you send me the example of object where there are errors - may be i get idea how to fix it more easy ;)

I had the same errors a lot of time ago. I am not useing classes and etc and use as3 more like as2 so i get some exp how to avoid this mistakes - just need to see example for it.

I want to start use classes as3 classes but always have not time to start to learn it :mrgreen: I know how it works and etc but for me it is simpler to add MovieClip with code that work like class than that create AS file and connect it to object or make any extends - add movie clip with code = my extends method :lol: :lol: :lol:

May be it is not right but all works ;) :mrgreen:

The evel ways off programming are all mine :twisted: :roll: :lol: :oops: :P
OwnerOfSuccuby

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:51 pm

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:Can you send me the example of object where there are errors - may be i get idea how to fix it more easy ;)

Thanks, I've sent it to your PM : )
Yes, it was sooo easy and great for my creativity, when we can just add MovieClips with onEnterFrames inside the stage. It does everything we ordered.
Thats why I might 'calm down' those next weeks and return to AS2, so I can create new scenes! (while working with AS3 slower)

So do you extend movieclips, creating ADDED_TO_STAGE and ENTER_FRAMES automatically? It would be so nice to have a function/method, like:

Ball MC, frame 1:
Code: Select All Code
GameUtils.initializeEnterFrames(this);
loopFunction={
//make the ball wait if something touched it.
}

Peach Hair, frame 1:
loopFunction={
//do something with her hair, awaiting changes
}

Peach Arm, frame 1:
loopFunction={
//do something with her arms, awaiting changes
}

Then its only a matter to code the loopFunction that the EnterFrame already creates with initialize above!

OwnerOfSuccuby Wrote:The evel ways off programming are all mine :twisted: :roll: :lol: :oops: :P

What is 'evel'. I dont understand :( Did you tried to say: 'All the tricks I do with programming to fix those errors are all mine'?)
Ivan-Aedler

Postby OwnerOfSuccuby » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:23 pm

What is 'evel'. I dont understand :( Did you tried to say: 'All the tricks I do with programming to fix those errors are all mine'?)

No i am talking that i program on flash so strange - that nobody can understand me :D :lol:

Start to watch your code. What is interesting for me - you use MovieClip(root) i use (root as MovieClip).*(some object on root or function)

Now little do not understand how all is working all is so different from my exp in flash.

As i understand you load all your functions on first frame and then call it.

obj.addEventListener(Event.ENTER_FRAME, function onEnterFrame(){
          if (obj.currentlabel!=(PLAYER.CharNum+2))  {
            if (noInvisible && PLAYER.CharNum==MovieClip(root).getCharIndex("Invisible")) {  //recover the saved charnum she was before getting invisible (like in TEC-XX lab in xnaut base)
                   obj.gotoAndStop(PLAYER.CharNumSaved+2);
               obj.currentlabel=(PLAYER.CharNum+2);
          } else {
                 obj.gotoAndStop(PLAYER.CharNum+2);
             obj.currentlabel=(PLAYER.CharNum+2);
           }
           //MovieClip(root).eyeExtraCode(obj,"forceDelete"); //do logic like change layer depth (make it appear over the bangs) if not using a shygirl mask.
          }
      })

If i understand right you check each time on enter frame some variables when character already exist ? Like it was on LoK version 2 game ?

I use comand function that rearmor character on each change directly. Not use it on enter frame.
May be it is right to make event on rearm for example - to add event rearm to root - and listeners to it. If you monster do some thing he calls rearm function to change her armor - it is a little strange to check it on enter frame each time for me.

loopFunction={
//make the ball wait if something touched it.
}

Way i try to avoid this situation to put all MovieObjects in array - and check do they hittest each other, or make object that send to root comand - (Event=forExampleMyHit) - if it hit test the same type of object it screams to root layer, when other objects that add event listener on that screem to root layer hear it he do some thing to parent of that object for example.

loopFunction={
//do something with her hair, awaiting changes
}

I use comand line. And only change object when some event changes i do not use loops on it. For example MyCheckCharacter(way of character:movie clip){
if (way of character!=null){
if (way of character.head!=null){
do some thing with head;
}
}
}

Or may be i do not understand your code correct. I will try to look it more detailed tomorrow after work ;) - it is too late now :roll:
OwnerOfSuccuby

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects