ALL NEW Playshapes EVERYTHING

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: ALL NEW Playshapes EVERYTHING

Postby Oriandu » Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:23 am

It occurs to me, if actually finishing games is tougher on Playshapes... providing art and a design document for the game might be the best way to go about it. That or just give us a big ass dump of all of your artwork and animations. :P
Oriandu

Postby Shayaft » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:50 am

Bleh, So PS sent me here from Newgrounds to ask you kind folks if you are encountering issues opening his Bowsers Castle.fla as some others are on NG. I myself am using Adobe Flash Pro CS5.5 fully updated & still can't open the file. Any help would be doing NG & myself a big favor.
Cheers :)
Shayaft
Newly Registered

Postby Fakkufun7 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:21 pm

Yeah! Go Playshapes! Glad to see him release all these .FLA's. I can't wait for people to integrate some of these animations into new or existing projects!
Fakkufun7

Postby Sepra » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:49 pm

It could be because I'm a pragmatist, but I'm not sure why anyone would post anything negative/whiny in this thread.

Playshapes may not be finishing games, but he provides everyone with exceptional material to work with. It's like being told where a gold mine is and then complaining because you have to mine it yourself. If you have the abilities to put these to use, do so and be happy. If not, it's not like you could do anything anyway.

I'm just glad to see the new stuff. It's really awesome. Thanks, PS.
Sepra

Postby Smackman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:50 pm

nah its more like if someone was like making dinner for you, and they like got a couple ingredients out and mixed a few things and then told you to finish it
Suraru Wrote:Hey smackman, I've decided your a douchebag :P

OMG IM SO HURT *Whatever*
Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Mr D » Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:12 pm

Still better than going to the grocery store.Buy everyting and paying for it. Peeling all the potatos and than having to do it all by yourself. Not to mention that the store you are going to does not have 1/2 of the ingrediends you need and all of them are lower quality
1 game (oh I mean story slideshow -_-) and 5 flash loop FINISHED...fuck yea
My mini flashes link : http://legendofkrystal.com/forum/viewto ... f=7&t=1972
Also I am working on a project right now.But remember, it's a secret to everybody >:D
Mr D

Postby Smackman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:10 pm

meh im learning but i dont think id finish these games if i managed to develop decent skills... (apparently you can make decent mouse drawings too so i dont even need a tablet or anything lol)

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby kuja » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:15 pm

Smackman Wrote:meh... (apparently you can make mouse drawings too so i dont even need a tablet or anything lol)

D:<
kuja

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:21 pm

Smackman Wrote:meh im learning but i dont think id finish these games if i managed to develop decent skills... (apparently you can make decent mouse drawings too so i dont even need a tablet or anything lol)

Yeahhhhhh having been on both sides (especially as someone who sucks at drawing) I can tell you that the tablet is like a gift from god. I did like 80% of my stuff with the mouse and just recently switched to tablet for Sakyu revamp and it is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much easier.

Although, I go through pen tips like crazy because I press down pretty hard out of habit. I am used to writing not like hovering a centimeter above the table.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby kuja » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:30 pm

I neeeeed a tableeeet toooooooo... /cry
kuja

Postby Smackman » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:43 pm

i thought you were like supposed to have a tablet, like mouse drawings just would work, but i can see how you can basically make an entire person with the elipse tool and some erasing lol

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby kuja » Mon Apr 09, 2012 5:44 pm

You made it look even sad D:
kuja

Postby Valithan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:26 pm

i thought you were like supposed to have a tablet, like mouse drawings just would work, but i can see how you can basically make an entire person with the elipse tool and some erasing lol

Not that its anything special or even appealing, but that horsehead I made and have floating around I did without a tablet. I did mouse art in another program so I could shift + click for some lines, and then import it into flash and tweak the lengths and curves of each line and object to get my outlines and symbols and then just zoom in to make sure the corners are connected. (though I haven't done anything more since I've been busy and my trial version time ran out since then)
Valithan

Postby trunks2585 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:00 pm

Mr D Wrote:Still better than going to the grocery store.Buy everyting and paying for it. Peeling all the potatos and than having to do it all by yourself. Not to mention that the store you are going to does not have 1/2 of the ingrediends you need and all of them are lower quality

Speaking from personal experience there?
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby Frozenwolf » Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 am

Does anyone else have any problems playing the fla files? I can't seem to get them to work, please help.
Frozenwolf
Newly Registered

Postby Zeus Kabob » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:56 am

I think Mr. D has had bad experiences with potatoes. XD
Zeus Kabob

Postby Smackman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:50 am

well personally if someone said they were going to make dinner, started making chicken a la king, didnt finish and told me to finish... and i didnt like chicken a la king.... i think ill go get mcdonalds

happens at my house a bit because my dad likes to make giant servings of stuff that only he likes, so like 8 peoples worth sits in the fridge for a day, and I wont eat it unless im really hungry... its usually some gross spanish rice and sausage dish whatever that shits called

Trolololololo
Smackman

Postby Sepra » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:49 pm

I'm not really seeing it as dinner being promised.

Playshapes said: "I'm not going to be doing these, but here you can have them to do what you will."

So, again, it's like Playshapes providing you with materials and you being too lazy or too entitled to just make something with them. Playshapes could have given people nothing, then where would we be?
Sepra

Postby DoggieDog52 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 1:57 pm

Well, um.

In the same place we're in now? Do you think everyone's just going to drop their current projects and work on what Playshapes started? I mean no offense or anything but it's the same as if anyone else just posted some animations on the forum. The framework is there certainly but without anyone to really to take on the project it's just wasted materials. It's an example of what could be something great, certainly, but someone still has to work on them.
DoggieDog52

Postby Smackman » Tue Apr 10, 2012 2:02 pm

he didnt promise anything but anyone with the skills to make a game probably wants to make their own. (not really probably, based on whats happened in the past they DO, not one person or group tried to finish LoK with the materials presented)
also, playshapes would undoubtedly get most of the credit for it regardless of who finished it.

Trolololololo
Smackman

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects