The Adventures of Captain Cutie(5/2/14)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(9/9/13)

Postby Bartangelus » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:46 pm

Biles Wrote:
oneeyezero Wrote:
Biles Wrote:Well, definitely more improvements could be made for the game mechanics, but in the meantime, if you're gonna have Cutie jump that high, make sure she's able to jump high enough to clear over those spider minions.

When I play though it she is able to jump over them. Which area where you having the issue in and is anyone else having the same problem?

Actually, it's anytime that she encounters any of the spider minions. You may not be able to notice it, but her HP goes down just a tad bit no matter how well you jump over them. Also, because your HP doesn't show the empty space, it's hard to tell how much HP Cutie has lost and how much she has left.

Agreed with that. HP barre is too small and you don't really notice when you loose life. But I think you can actually jump over spider without losing life. I try and it's possible but quite hard it's true. But you lose a very small amount of hp and that does not prevent you to finish the level.

And oneyezero I didn't see that you have adjust the updated first chapter ! The web wall are great and much more noticeable and there is no bug ! Great job !

P.S : I see that you have changed the colour of her spear ;)
Bad english spotted !

~~ Creative corner's flash project are awesome ~~
Bartangelus

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(9/9/13)

Postby oneeyezero » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:16 am

CH 6 is done. With this chapter I did some experiments with teleporters , making more complex stages, puzzles and fading in/out. I haven’t changed anything in chapter 5 so just skip to chapter 6. As always let me know what you guys think. (Was it too difficult to figure out where you needed to go in the maze etc).

Biles Wrote:
oneeyezero Wrote:
Biles Wrote:Well, definitely more improvements could be made for the game mechanics, but in the meantime, if you're gonna have Cutie jump that high, make sure she's able to jump high enough to clear over those spider minions.

When I play though it she is able to jump over them. Which area where you having the issue in and is anyone else having the same problem?

Actually, it's anytime that she encounters any of the spider minions. You may not be able to notice it, but her HP goes down just a tad bit no matter how well you jump over them. Also, because your HP doesn't show the empty space, it's hard to tell how much HP Cutie has lost and how much she has left.

Ok, yeah I can see what you guys are talking about now. Ill fix it eventually but thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Only 2-3 more chapters left and I will have the privilege of being one of few people on this site to finish making a game, I’m so excited. :D I never would have made it this far without you guys giving me advice and helping bring issues to my attention, so thank you all.

So my plan is this, I speed through and finish the rest of the chapters then I’ll go back and fix/ update the previous chapters (add more content to make them more fun, etc). If nothing else this way you guys have the basic game in case something crazy happens and I can’t work on it for a while. So if you guys find any major issues leave a post, I’ll take note of it and fix it later.
oneeyezero

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(10/8/13)

Postby Bartangelus » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:36 am

You work pretty fast ! Great job^^

I found things that's need to be fix :

_You cannot it the flying dildo because his hit box is too low.

_Sometimes when is use the A key and jump, hitting a wall, Cuttie just teleport upper (without a teleporter).

_ When you use a teleporter you can be teleported directly on an ennemies and that's annoying.

_ No scene with the assnaconda (LOL)

This chapter has very large area and it can be a little bit messy.

But as always sex scene are great (bondage ! :D) and this chapter bring a new game-play and that's cool.
Bad english spotted !

Bartangelus

Postby Biles » Wed Oct 09, 2013 6:57 pm

Actually, I was wondering if you can do something with organizing the interface buttons properly, they're kinda getting difficult to sort out visually. For example at the very beginning, both the red and blue arrows along with the red dot are so bunched together it's hard to tell which buttons apply to Chapter 6. Also when it comes to reading the story plot lines, having the red dots to continue the conversation jumping at different location is very confusing.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby oneeyezero » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:41 am

Bartangelus Wrote:You work pretty fast ! Great job^^
_Sometimes when is use the A key and jump, hitting a wall, Cuttie just teleport upper (without a teleporter).
_ When you use a teleporter you can be teleported directly on an ennemies and that's annoying.

You actually can hit them, you have to use the downward stab learned In the previous chapter. You have to make sure just the spear makes contact with the enemy or you’ll take damage (I want it to be a risk/ reward attack as it does a lot of damage but leaves you open).

Can you be more specific in which areas the teleporting issue happens? (I’ll also move the enemies so you won’t teleport on them later)

The assaconda was actually suppose to be a mini boss for this section but I decided to drop it as I thought it might be too strange to see Cutie being “all the way throughed” by a robotic string of anal beads. If you guys are in to that though I can add in the fight after I’m done with the next few chapters.

Biles Wrote:Actually, I was wondering if you can do something with organizing the interface buttons properly, they're kinda getting difficult to sort out visually. For example at the very beginning, both the red and blue arrows along with the red dot are so bunched together it's hard to tell which buttons apply to Chapter 6. Also when it comes to reading the story plot lines, having the red dots to continue the conversation jumping at different location is very confusing.

I’ve been meaning to redo the buttons and keep them in one spot but I can never remember until after I post the dang things. It is now officially on my “to fix list”. Thanks for reminding me about it.
oneeyezero

Postby mclevelan5 » Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:30 am

oneeyezero Wrote:
Bartangelus Wrote:You work pretty fast ! Great job^^

You actually can hit them, you have to use the downward stab learned In the previous chapter. You have to make sure just the spear makes contact with the enemy or you’ll take damage (I want it to be a risk/ reward attack as it does a lot of damage but leaves you open).

Can you be more specific in which areas the teleporting issue happens? (I’ll also move the enemies so you won’t teleport on them later)

The assaconda was actually suppose to be a mini boss for this section but I decided to drop it as I thought it might be too strange to see Cutie being “all the way throughed” by a robotic string of anal beads. If you guys are in to that though I can add in the fight after I’m done with the next few chapters.

Biles Wrote:Actually, I was wondering if you can do something with organizing the interface buttons properly, they're kinda getting difficult to sort out visually. For example at the very beginning, both the red and blue arrows along with the red dot are so bunched together it's hard to tell which buttons apply to Chapter 6. Also when it comes to reading the story plot lines, having the red dots to continue the conversation jumping at different location is very confusing.

I’ve been meaning to redo the buttons and keep them in one spot but I can never remember until after I post the dang things. It is now officially on my “to fix list”. Thanks for reminding me about it.

Love the work thus far. It'd be awesome if you did an assaconda fight/sex animation after you finish up the next chapters. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting it. I"ve also noticed that sometime Cutie will jump and move through the corners of the walls and get stuck making it so you have to restart. Other than that awesome job. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next chapters.
mclevelan5
Newly Registered

Postby Biles » Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:12 pm

I could be wrong, but I suspect that there are no ceiling collisions at all in the game.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby oneeyezero » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:23 am

Biles Wrote:I could be wrong, but I suspect that there are no ceiling collisions at all in the game.

Yeah, the ceiling is really just for looks. (You’re not supposed to go above the ceiling so I didnt see any point being able to interact with it.)

mclevelan5 Wrote:Love the work thus far. It'd be awesome if you did an assaconda fight/sex animation after you finish up the next chapters. I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting it. I"ve also noticed that sometime Cutie will jump and move through the corners of the walls and get stuck making it so you have to restart. Other than that awesome job. Keep up the great work and looking forward to the next chapters.

Ok, so ill add the assaconda fight after I’m done with the next few chapters.

By the way Biles I’ve always wondered where that picture on your avatar came from(there’s nothing better then futa and tentacles) :D
oneeyezero

Postby oneeyezero » Fri Nov 15, 2013 1:24 am

Hey guys. I added the assaconda fight and some more story to chapter 6, as well as completing chapter 7 (might go back and add more to it later).

I wanted to improve my level designing and thought making some quick puzzles would shake things up from the usual kill everything that moves routine. Might go back and add more puzzles to previous chapters. I think I fixed the teleportation problem in chapter 6, let me know if it’s better now.

Also Chapter 7 has a lot of meaty girl dicks………just a heads up. :D
oneeyezero

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(11/14/13)

Postby Biles » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:57 pm

Haha, gotta love how the bunny girl rides the tentacle slime. Must be fun. At least we got to see shecocks getting raped :3 I sure hope to see more of it.
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Dark Avenger » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:09 pm

Here my report :

The fist boss fight in level 7 is waaaaaaaayyy too long and it's kinda boring, you should reduce his life or increase the time when you can deal damage.

When you finish the part with taki the game go in a loop and you restart with Captain Cutie before discovering she is a futa.

Be careful with too complexe puzzle level it can be a little bit boring if you don't know where to go or die and have to do all again from the beginning, maybe more checkpoint ( and noticeable checkpoint will be good) will improve the quality of the game.
Dark Avenger
Newly Registered

Postby oneeyezero » Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:25 pm

Biles Wrote: At least we got to see shecocks getting raped :3 I sure hope to see more of it.

Oh, you will! :D

Dark Avenger Wrote:Here my report :

The fist boss fight in level 7 is waaaaaaaayyy too long and it's kinda boring, you should reduce his life or increase the time when you can deal damage.

When you finish the part with taki the game go in a loop and you restart with Captain Cutie before discovering she is a futa.

Be careful with too complexe puzzle level it can be a little bit boring if you don't know where to go or die and have to do all again from the beginning, maybe more checkpoint ( and noticeable checkpoint will be good) will improve the quality of the game.

I’ll look into fixing the boss when I have time. And I’ll try to put up a better checkpoint system for that section or reduce the amount of puzzle rooms.
oneeyezero

Postby Decypifer » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:51 am

So many games.. So much time to play them. I like them so far.
Decypifer

Postby Bartangelus » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Dark Avenger Wrote:Here my report :

Agreed.

I don't have too much time to make big feed back like before so I post just to say it's a great work so far.

But like Darkavenger I can't finish the chapter 7 (maybe because it's not complete ?)

Too bad this game has not the recognition he should have, maybe it's because it's a bit difficult sometimes, perhaps you should increase the checkpoint and decease a bit the difficulty for some boss.
Bad english spotted !

Bartangelus

Postby oneeyezero » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:56 am

Ok I just replayed though chapter 7 and I was able to complete it. Can you guys be more specific in where the looping is happening?

Bartangelus Wrote:
Too bad this game has not the recognition he should have, maybe it's because it's a bit difficult sometimes, perhaps you should increase the checkpoint and decease a bit the difficulty for some boss.

Making a better checkpoint system is on my list but I like the difficulty of the bosses (where’s the fun if it’s not a challenge?).

It’s ok that I’m not getting that much attention, I’m happy with the small group of regular posters I have (you guys are awesome by the way! :D ). I know my game isn’t as polished or pretty as some of the other games on the site but I’m giving it my all and improving it little by little as time goes on.
oneeyezero

Postby Cippman » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:56 am

For me are all Books-Chapters too hard... :)
In the first from below (TAOCCB2.swf) the boss has too radius with his skills and with his shape and you have very little life (isn't enough).

In Book 1 Chapter 1 you get so a little bit of life (isn't enough), and if you press an 'arrow to move' and you try to 'attack' the character remains stationary.
In Book 1 Chapter 2 I have problems when the character changes the scene, expecially where are the flattened sunflowers. Usually I fall down and I lose the little life that I have. The boss is decisely hard.*

In Book 3 chapter 5 maybe there is a bug, near to the end of the path where 'green-tentaces-eyed mobs' spawns randomly. You can fall... I haven't gone over yet.
In Book 3 chapter 6 seems nice, but I haven't succeded to reach the boss yet.

In Book 4 chapter 7 the starting boss is too hard to beat.
Cippman
Newly Registered

Postby oneeyezero » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Well crap is the game really that hard? I was going for an old school castlevania/megaman style of difficulty, you know where you have to memorize enemy movement and such. I’ll see what I can do to make the game a little easier.

Ok, like I said in a previous post, I was going as fast as I could so I could have at least the framework of the game down and not get stuck on a single chapter. Now I’m going to go back and fix/add things to the previous chapters before starting the final one.

Ok so looking over the past comments I have a bunch of stuff I need to fix. This is a list of the biggest issues that I am going to fix and or add to the game.

1 figuring out how to make a pause button (if anyone already knows how to do this in AS2 let me know or point me in the direction of a good tutorial please)
2. Death animations for enemies (once again if you know how to do this let me know)
3. going back to previous chapters and adding new game play mechanics and better level design (climbing ladders/ropes, pushing blocks, more “simple” puzzles, ect) for the sake of variety so it’s not just kill everything in your path all the time.
4. Redesign the health bars
5. Figuring out how to combine the different chapters into one giant game without causing my laptop to explode (any chapter above 30,000 KB and my laptop gets all slow and glitchy, this is the last time I buy a Toshiba!)
6. Change the boss of ch 7/ might add more to that ch
7. fix that odd invincibility bug (can’t have the game be too easy) :mrgreen:
8. Give Cutie more weapons
9. Redesign the cut scene buttons
10. Make a more noticeable checkpoint system
11. Getting cutie to stick to moving platforms
12. Gallery (think I have a unique Idea of how to do this)
13. Figuring out how to stop people from right clicking to the next scene (ill add a password system to compensate)

If you think there is anything else major that I should add let me know in the comments.
oneeyezero

Postby Bartangelus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Well if you do all that is in your list your game will be even more better for sure !

If you fuse all the chapter in one big make sure we can go to the chapter we want at the starting screen.
Hope you will find someone to help you for coding (pause ect...

Maybe Gorepete or Ivan can help you. You can check the enlistment chart of Fuzzface in" creative discussion" area or ask in tutorial area too.

Here some ideas i already told you before, you can use some if you want.
I think the restart option and invincibilty time (prevent instant kill) is the more important

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

I've got suggestion too :idea: :

_ Add an invincibility time after suffering big damage, like quarter or half life, because you got one shot very often. (don't know if it's possible)

_ Add a portrait of captain Cuttie on the top left of the screen with detailed points of life (45/50 ect …). It would be nicer and more convenient than the current bar life.

_ Add sounds and music 

_ Add different outfit depending on the life of captain cuttie (like loosing her bra ect...)

_ Why the hearts of life of the first chapter are gone !? There was very helpful !

_ Add something that warn you you are at a checkpoint.

_ Add a restart key or button to restart at the last checkpoint (prevent endless fall or “total lock” in a part of the screen.)

_ If there is no heart of life, beating an ennemy could refill a little life.

_ Add a pause button (or a menu)

_ Add something that shows it's the end of the area (screen changement are a bit brutal)

_ Add a gallery with all the sex scenes.

It's a lot but that's just idea :) 
Bad english spotted !

Bartangelus

Postby oneeyezero » Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:52 am

Hey guys, update time!
This update consist of several things:
RE-re did chapter 1 and 2
Increased the amount of health you have every chapter (except 5/6, didn’t redo anything in those chapters.)
Lowered the jumping ability in the first chapter (compensated by giving you guys trampolines), it goes back to normal in chapter 2. I just wanted the high jump to be a power up instead of her being able to jump 10 feet in the air at the get go. Let me know if this change makes the level easier or harder.
Rearranged the level structure a bit.
Lessened the number of spiders that jump you in the boss fight/ lowered some of their health.
Added some new areas in ch1/2
Added a new power in chapter 2 that can only be used in certain places.
Added bunny x cutie orgy in chapter 2(just for you Bartangelus, I know you where disappointed there was no H scenes in the actually story so I made this for yah, plus I love bunny orgies!)
Increased the speed in which Ikky(the plant guy) chases you and added more obstacles in your way.
Redid ch3 and 4
Added hearts to both chapters.
Redid all the models, GO scenes and backgrounds for these 2 chapters.
Changed some stages
Ch7 and 8
Made the boss fight in ch7 more interesting/ reduced its health
Removed some enemies from the puzzle sections to make them easier
Ch8 ………added it!
I most likely did more stuff but I can’t remember. Chapters 5/6 are the same.
I’m still working on the stuff on the list but I just wanted to get this update out to you guys. As it might be awhile before I can work on this again.
You see I’m in the process of finding a new job, because of this I might disappear for a few months. It really pains me to have to put this on hold when I’m so close to the end but making a free flash game isn’t paying the bills. I do plan on finishing it, just not until I can get in a better financial situation.
As always thanks for playing and if you see any major issues let me know in the comments. Until next time guys!
oneeyezero

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(1/13/14)

Postby Hoogalindo » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 pm

How do I solve the wolf riddle?..All of the answers are wrong. :|
Hoogalindo

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects