The Adventures of Captain Cutie(5/2/14)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

The adventure of captain Cutie book 1 chapter 1

Postby Bartangelus » Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:05 pm

So, I finally finish the first chapter and once you get the good tactics to beat the purple spider while avoiding the whites spiders's eggs it's not that hard.

So here we go for my complete rapport :) (hope it will be useful)

Good point :

_ Life heart !
_ I think that the battle system is more dynamic than the other chapter.
_ Graphims are great so as the sex scene ( I like very much the new village's girls)
_ Spider boss with four boobs :D :D :D
_  Beat all the ennemies to progress is a good idea because in some situation of the other chapter you can just pass through them when they are vulnerable and avoid the battle.

Bugs

_ If you die before entering the "spiders cavern" you go directly to the entrance of the cavern and skip the dialogue with the fair haired captured girl. (minor bug)

_ After the first boss battle, like notice eroticgraperfruit, if you die because of a small spider or die trying to catch the second heart of life on the left that's scend you back to the first checkpoint at the entrance of the cavern. (major bug really annoying).

The two bug must be related so if you can fix it there wouldn't stay any problem.

Weird things/ suggestions

_ Captain cuttie seems to already have the super jumb ability. However she is supposed to obtain it in chapter two with her "artefact spear" but she already have a good range and the super jump with her wood spear which are highly necesary for the hit and run tactic.
So what will be new with the better spear on chapter two ?

_ You should put a wall (which disapear when you beat all the ennemis) wich prevent you entering the next area because it tooks me quite long time to understand why I was dying when I wanted  to change area. I though it was a bug.
Or maybe just a warning in the tutorial like "you have to beat all the ennemies before changing area or a surprise will be waiting for you" or something like that ^^

_ Maybe you can change a little the colour of her wood spear because it's the same that her skin and that's a little strange.

_ In the intro page you should write that the arrow is a shortcut for the chapter two because it's not indicate anymore.
Bartangelus

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(8/30/13)

Postby oneeyezero » Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:57 pm

Bartangelus Wrote:_ If you die before entering the "spiders cavern" you go directly to the entrance of the cavern and skip the dialogue with the fair haired captured girl. (minor bug)

That’s pretty easy to fix.
Bartangelus Wrote:_ You should put a wall (which disapear when you beat all the ennemis) wich prevent you entering the next area because it tooks me quite long time to understand why I was dying when I wanted to change area. I though it was a bug.
Or maybe just a warning in the tutorial like "you have to beat all the ennemies before changing area or a surprise will be waiting for you" or something like that ^^?.

There actually is a barrier in those areas. If you look you will see that there are green (poison) spider webs that sap your health when you touch them. I think I might make them change color so they are more noticeable.
Bartangelus Wrote:_ After the first boss battle, like notice eroticgraperfruit, if you die because of a small spider or die trying to catch the second heart of life on the left that's scend you back to the first checkpoint at the entrance of the cavern. (major bug really annoying).

I checked the code for all the spiders and they seem to be working properly. I did find that I forgot to change where the poison barrier web sends you when you die, so that might be the problem.
Bartangelus Wrote:_ Captain cuttie seems to already have the super jumb ability. However she is supposed to obtain it in chapter two with her "artefact spear" but she already have a good range and the super jump with her wood spear which are highly necesary for the hit and run tactic.
So what will be new with the better spear on chapter two ?.

Oh dammit, I knew I forget to do something! I wanted to lower her jump and shorten the spear but I forgot, and like you said you need them to effectively fight…………….I guess I could put in some elevations in the ground so you could lead the spiders to them then jump over them, or I could put in some disappearing/reappearing platforms…….when I get some more spare time ill figure something out.

shikikit Wrote:So i know that no one is gonna say it.. But why is there so many black people in this game..

Why are there so many black people in this game you ask?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlItMpGYQTo

Kozd Wrote:the remake of Ch.1 is great but if possible could you keep the old version of it in a spoiler, because i found it more to my like, that would be great also to compare but mostly to don't let any thing slip.

Um, I made the remake over the original; I might have a copy saved on a memory stick somewhere. I’ll have to look for it later. But when I redo the other chapters ill keep the old ones up as well (think it will be nice when this game is done to look back and see what it was like before).

I just wanted to thank you guys for all the feedback and comments; it really helps me to improve the game. And I wanted to thank Bartangelus for the suggestion of multiple boobs on the boss, so thanks for the suggestion!
I’m glad you guys are enjoying the game(I was worried some of you may have been weirded out by the whole unbirthing/corruption game over) and when I get more spare time I’ll get to work on fixing these issues.
oneeyezero

Postby HappyGoomba » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:28 pm

shikikit Wrote:So i know that no one is gonna say it.. But why is there so many black people in this game..

Because he tried a black character in a video game once, and now he can't go back?
HappyGoomba

Postby Residentlover2 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:46 am

people still hates black people? oh god I have to say it thats extremely stupid...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Im surprised for this game is really great I love it! hope that you continue doing this ;)
English is not my main language :P
Residentlover2

Postby HappyGoomba » Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:16 am

Why are there so many black people in this game you ask?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FlItMpGYQTo

Gotta love the classics. This is the only H-game I can remember with a black female protagonist (and not just a recolored white girl) and someones questioning it? Weird.
HappyGoomba

Postby Dark Avenger » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:01 am

Well I don't see THAT much black people in this game. Just the main character, one girl in the village and the rabbits girls.
You have white, blue, yellow and orange people and even wolf, spiders, plants, cats ect...
Why focuse on the black people ? :shock:

So I've just see the uptaded first chapter and it's great ! Hope the others chapter will follow soon ! (or the chapter 6 I'm a gentleman I let you the choice xD)

But I've got a few question about the whole game :

How many chapter do you plan to do ?

And there is something that's disturbing me for a long time :
In the end of chapter 4 we learn that Captain Cutie get married to the leader of the wolf (Fang or something close). And in the chapter 5 she talk about her husband, a big black Alpha wolf, but it's not Fang/Xang/Pang (whatever his name) because we see him later and he's not an Alpha yet. Soooo did she get married once again or you just wanted to introduce a new character and change a little the story ? (not an important matter but I just want to be fix^^)
Dark Avenger
Newly Registered

Postby Bartangelus » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:35 pm

I checked the code for all the spiders and they seem to be working properly. I did find that I forgot to change where the poison barrier web sends you when you die, so that might be the problem.

Effectively it's the wall the problem and not the spider my apologize.

Oh dammit, I knew I forget to do something! I wanted to lower her jump and shorten the spear but I forgot, and like you said you need them to effectively fight…………….I guess I could put in some elevations in the ground so you could lead the spiders to them then jump over them, or I could put in some disappearing/reappearing platforms…….when I get some more spare time ill figure something out.

You may be just let the gain of health and speed the movement no big deal

And I wanted to thank Bartangelus for the suggestion of multiple boobs on the boss, so thanks for the suggestion!

Thanks to you to make it ! The boss is perfect :D
Bartangelus

Postby Cippman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:16 pm

In the book 2 it is impossible for me defeat... the green boss at the beginning... I attack but he doesn't lose his life...
Cippman
Newly Registered

Postby Cippman » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:59 pm

....in the book 1 you get a little bit of life... and you can not defeat all montsers.
Cippman
Newly Registered

Postby Bartangelus » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:42 pm

Cippman Wrote:....in the book 1 you get a little bit of life... and you can not defeat all montsers.

It's possible because I've done it :D

You have to hit ennemy far enough to not being hurt. It's simple you hit you run you hit you run... And when you are blocked by a wall you jump over them and here we go again hit, run,hit,run ;)
Make sure to beat the weak ennemy first or you will be surrounded. It's difficulte at the beginning but once you know where the ennemy appear it's quite simple.

Cippman Wrote:In the book 2 it is impossible for me defeat... the green boss at the beginning... I attack but he doesn't lose his life...

Yeah me too. It's strange because I don't think oneeyezero change anything to the chapter 2 but maybe be his update to the chapter 1 have alterate something.
It's seems like an old version of the game because there is no health bar and no sex scene when you lose.
Bartangelus

Postby core999 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:31 am

Keep up the good work my friend, glad to see you are still around. The new Captain Cutie is pretty great :)
core999

Postby oneeyezero » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:02 am

Dark Avenger Wrote:How many chapter do you plan to do ?

Right now I’m thinking no more then 8 (but this all depends on how much spare time I have).

Dark Avenger Wrote:And there is something that's disturbing me for a long time :
In the end of chapter 4 we learn that Captain Cutie get married to the leader of the wolf (Fang or something close). And in the chapter 5 she talk about her husband, a big black Alpha wolf, but it's not Fang/Xang/Pang (whatever his name) because we see him later and he's not an Alpha yet. Soooo did she get married once again or you just wanted to introduce a new character and change a little the story ? (not an important matter but I just want to be fix^^)

Actually that big black alpha is Swiftfang. (puts on scientific glasses) you see a normal wolf is grey but when they undergo the process of becoming alphas they go though physical changes such as size increases and spontaneous fur color changes. The grey wolf that you see later in the chapter is a different normal wolf.(takes off scientific glasses).

Bartangelus Wrote:
Cippman Wrote:In the book 2 it is impossible for me defeat... the green boss at the beginning... I attack but he doesn't lose his life...

Yeah me too. It's strange because I don't think oneeyezero change anything to the chapter 2 but maybe be his update to the chapter 1 have alterate something.
It's seems like an old version of the game because there is no health bar and no sex scene when you lose.

Yah, I don’t know what happened with chapter 2 but after I finished redoing the 1st chapter some stuff disappeared in the 2nd. No idea why. I’m working on it though.
oneeyezero

Postby Dark Avenger » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:25 pm

oneeyezero Wrote:
Dark Avenger Wrote:How many chapter do you plan to do ?

Right now I’m thinking no more then 8 (but this all depends on how much spare time I have).

Great ! We have time so :D

oneeyezero Wrote:
Dark Avenger Wrote:And there is something that's disturbing me for a long time :
In the end of chapter 4 we learn that Captain Cutie get married to the leader of the wolf (Fang or something close). And in the chapter 5 she talk about her husband, a big black Alpha wolf, but it's not Fang/Xang/Pang (whatever his name) because we see im later and he's not an Alpha yet. Soooo did she get married once again or you just wanted to introduce a new character and change a little the story ? (not an important matter but I just want to be fix^^)

Actually that big black alpha is Swiftfang. (puts on scientific glasses) you see a normal wolf is grey but when they undergo the process of becoming alphas they go though physical changes such as size increases and spontaneous fur color changes. The grey wolf that you see later in the chapter is a different normal wolf.(takes off scientific glasses).

Yeah I just see that it was not say anywhere that the grey wolf is Swift Fang so I dunno why I thought it was him.
Maybe because the grey one talks normally and the alpha was quiet^^

Thanks for the answer anyway.
Dark Avenger
Newly Registered

Advice

Postby Bartangelus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:19 pm

oneeyezero Wrote:
Bartangelus Wrote:

Yah, I don’t know what happened with chapter 2 but after I finished redoing the 1st chapter some stuff disappeared in the 2nd. No idea why. I’m working on it though.

I highly suggest you to store your work on an external support or on an online storage like "Cloud storage".

It's hard for me to talk about technical stuff clearly but in summary you should, if it's not already done, have multiple save of your game.
Because if your computer crash or something else it's game over :/
(And that will be bad for you and for us ^^)
Bad english spotted !

~~ Creative corner's flash project are awesome ~~
Bartangelus

Re: The Adventures of Captain Cutie(9/9/13)

Postby oneeyezero » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:57 pm

Surprise update yah! Had some more free time over the weekend so I decided to just go for it and I managed to complete redoing chapter 2. As always let me know of any bugs or issues you may find.
Bartangelus Wrote:
I highly suggest you to store your work on an external support or on an online storage like "Cloud storage".

It's hard for me to talk about technical stuff clearly but in summary you should, if it's not already done, have multiple save of your game.
Because if your computer crash or something else it's game over :/
(And that will be bad for you and for us ^^)

Thanks for the advice, I’ll look into it.
oneeyezero

Postby Biles » Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:46 pm

Well, definitely more improvements could be made for the game mechanics, but in the meantime, if you're gonna have Cutie jump that high, make sure she's able to jump high enough to clear over those spider minions.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

Postby Bartangelus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 am

Surprise update yah! Had some more free time over the weekend so I decided to just go for it and I managed to complete redoing chapter 2. As always let me know of any bugs or issues you may find.

I love the surprise ! :lol:

Chapter 2 is great but short :(
Too bad there is no sex scene directly is the story like the other chapter. I'd like to see what do giant plant to the bunny before captain Cuttie came or how rabbits "heals" Captain Cuttie. (I know I'm greedy xD)

Otherwise the tentacle scene are really great.
I found 4 scene in the chapter 2 (+ the coordinate 69). Did I found all of them ?

For me the changement of area are still rough, and like you don't know when it happens you can die falling into a hole because you've changed of area extremely fast without being warned. Maybe a black screen for one second between area will be good.

And I found a little little bug ( I think). After beating the boss, when he starts to chase you, the first "flying ursin" does not deal damage.

EDIT : Oh and about the art just wanted to tell that Captain Cutie is good but I find that her arms are too thin relative to the rest of the body.
Bad english spotted !

~~ Creative corner's flash project are awesome ~~
Bartangelus

Postby Dark Avenger » Sat Sep 14, 2013 11:02 am

Can't wait to see the others chapters !
Dark Avenger
Newly Registered

Postby oneeyezero » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:05 pm

Biles Wrote:Well, definitely more improvements could be made for the game mechanics, but in the meantime, if you're gonna have Cutie jump that high, make sure she's able to jump high enough to clear over those spider minions.

When I play though it she is able to jump over them. Which area where you having the issue in and is anyone else having the same problem?

Bartangelus Wrote:Chapter 2 is great but short :(
Too bad there is no sex scene directly is the story like the other chapter. I'd like to see what do giant plant to the bunny before captain Cuttie came or how rabbits "heals" Captain Cuttie. (I know I'm greedy xD)

Otherwise the tentacle scene are really great.
I found 4 scene in the chapter 2 (+ the coordinate 69). Did I found all of them ?

For me the changement of area are still rough, and like you don't know when it happens you can die falling into a hole because you've changed of area extremely fast without being warned. Maybe a black screen for one second between area will be good.

And I found a little little bug ( I think). After beating the boss, when he starts to chase you, the first "flying ursin" does not deal damage.

EDIT : Oh and about the art just wanted to tell that Captain Cutie is good but I find that her arms are too thin relative to the rest of the body.

I defiantly want to go back and add more platforming sections to this chapter later .
Yes you found all the scenes (thinking about adding one more with the bunnies and cutie but haven’t decided yet……) ;)
I’ve already completed the vast majority of the cutie models for the next few chapters and I do not have the time to go back and redo them all again.
I’ll see what I can do about the scene transition issue when I have more time.

Dark Avenger Wrote:Can't wait to see the others chapters !

I have less free time now, so it’s going to be a while. :cry:
oneeyezero

Postby Biles » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:32 pm

oneeyezero Wrote:
Biles Wrote:Well, definitely more improvements could be made for the game mechanics, but in the meantime, if you're gonna have Cutie jump that high, make sure she's able to jump high enough to clear over those spider minions.

When I play though it she is able to jump over them. Which area where you having the issue in and is anyone else having the same problem?

Actually, it's anytime that she encounters any of the spider minions. You may not be able to notice it, but her HP goes down just a tad bit no matter how well you jump over them. Also, because your HP doesn't show the empty space, it's hard to tell how much HP Cutie has lost and how much she has left.
Need some basic Flash character animations? Then stop by at:
Biles' Animation Kit

Current RPs:
n/a
Biles

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects