Escape!

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Escape!

Postby bob12321 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:38 am

Escape!

It's been a long time and I know there haven't been many updates from me for a while, but I'm back!
As for what’s in this update, honestly I'm not sure. I know I was working on if in the past and have added stuff
recently, but as for what I added to it in the past, I don't remember! I haven't gone through and tested everything
out for the bottom up so there might be some hidden bugs, but I did make sure the game ran and I played through
it a couple of time to make sure it was still running. Well enough about my poor documentation habits, I'll tell you
what I do know. I started one of the H-Scenes! Won’t say which one but I'm sure because I'm sure anyone who knows
this game or is in anyway a gamed can find it, but I will be adding more to it in future updates. I left the old copy
of the game in the "Before 2016" spoiler in case I or my past self messed it up during my hiatus.

Updated Version
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Escape!.swf [ 460.37 KiB | Viewed 6483 times ]

Update 2/25/2016
H-Scene started and added
Whatever I probably forgot (I'll add it here if I or someone else finds it)

Before 2016
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Escape!.swf [ 454.13 KiB | Viewed 48781 times ]

Update 3/19
Pretty sure I fixed the problem with the plunger getting messed up. (at least I can't make it do it anymore)

Update 2/28
Since people were saying that they were having trouble with the inventory system, I made a slight change. It's only for the
screwdriver right now since I'm testing it out to see how everyone likes it. If you click on the item in the inventory to drag it,
it should light up green. When you drop it it goes back to being normal. It makes it easier to grab and easier to use.
Let me know if you guys like this new feature by posting and telling me so. If you don't like it then I'll take it back out.

Update 2/24 Part B
Fixed the problems that lokAx pointed out.
If there are any more bugs I missed please let me know.

Update 2/24 Part A
Fixed the problems that Riley65 pointed out and more.
If there are any more bugs I missed please let me know.
(Until there gone I wont be able to continue the game to the next level)

Update 2/21 (Damn its been a while)
Rewrote everything cause it just got way to unorganized.
Changed all the art (Upgraded, Changed, Re-drew, etc)
Added a shit ton of stuff that I can't even remember.
I've taken what everyone has said into consideration so look for those updates.
No sex scenes in the new version yet so sorry If you were looking forward to them.(I'll get around to them eventually, but there are place holders for them)

(There are probably a bunch of glitches since I haven't worked on this game in a while so let me know if you find any)

Update 4/11
Added a hint to the secret room (I was going to eventually but I had other stuff on my plate)
Changed the body and added more detail to it.
Also changed the boobs a little and took out the ones that didnt make the cut.
Changed the hair a little. (I know I screwed up the chick in the game I wil fix that when I switch out the character)

Update 3/30 Part B
Changed the boobs a little and moved them a little so they come out of the armpits (thank you TedFallenger)
Added two more boobs as well.

Update 3/30 Part A
I know its been a while but I'm still here.
This update has the character I've chosen from the people who posted and voted.
Since I haven't chosen the boobs yet, and instead of having a bunch of characters on screen. I have made a button that changes the boobs.

Update 3/20
Added a couple of logo's before the start menu.
Added another new character design.
Voting will be re-opened so those who have already voted can vote again.
Also if anyone was interested in the previous ending poll results they were 81 votes for "Yes" and 9 votes for "No".

Update 3/15 Part B
Tweaked new character's boobs a little and add old character for comparison.

Update 3/15 Part A
Nothing is really new but at the start screen there is a beta for the new female main character. Take a vote on if it’s better than the old one.

Update 3/9 Part 2
No more cheating.

Update 3/9
Added two more sex scenes.

Huge Update 3/6
Soooooooooooooooooo much stuff.
Theres so much stuff I cant remember it all.
Although I know people were looking foward to a sex scene and I am happy to say the first one has been added.
The level one is mostly done. All I have to do is add 3 more sex scenes since I thought of others to put in the level 1 area. You can find where they will be but there wont be anything but a space holder there right now.

Big Update 2/9
Not sure if anyone s paying attention anymore but heres an update.
Added Female side character. (she doesn't really do anything besides yell at you right now)
Added Male side character. (he's just there for now)
Add inventory. (press i to get in and space to exit)
Added plunger. item and wire item.
Added ouside. (click on the door know to get out a roam around)
Walking around outside (arrow keys)
opening story upgraded (just changed it a little)
Added better speech images
not sure if i'm forgetting anything but i'm sure their noticable.

Update 1/30
Added an image of the main character.
Hint:The mirror does something now.

Update 1/29
Added a mirror and zoom in of mirror.
Added under sink cabinet for opening and closing.
Added a triple bunk bed, (maybe that means she'll have room mates).
Buttons that dont do anything right now are the pillows and close up of the mirror.

Update 1/28
Changed the toilet and sink design.
Toilet and sink top have button for closer viewing.
Eww button is still in the toilet.
Back buttons where given outline barriers.
The cabinets still don't open yet.

Update 1/27
Another side of the room.
Toilet and sink buttons.
Opening Story Line.

Update 1/26
Here's a first look at some of the game. Yes I know it has nothing to do with my last image. Yes I know its just a room with only a door. Its a work in progress and I will be adding a lot more places. Just let me know if it looks good and if there are any bugs I should know about.
(I'm sure that there are but its my first time using flash so thats expected)
Right now all that is woking are the start button, arrow movement, and the door knob. The key hole doesn't work yet.

Start Date 1/25
Here is my first image for my first game I am working on. I made the image myself in paint.net. Let me know what you think.
Last edited by bob12321 on Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:28 am, edited 48 times in total.
bob12321

Re: Escape!

Postby haladar5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Looks good to me. If I had to complain about anything it'd be the bricks...for some reason the semi outlined bricks look strange to me. But otherwise It looks fine to me.
haladar5

Postby ByHisBillowingBeard » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:37 pm

I'd say the door handles were slightly too low.
Pedantic.
ByHisBillowingBeard

Postby haladar5 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:46 pm

True. Or it's a really long hallway and really tall door. :O
haladar5

Postby Eggplants » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 pm

My biggest complaint is just that the pillars look 2D in a 3D point of view. That and the redness of the bricks look kinda ugly to me. Though with the door you could just explain the handles by saying the door is really big.

Have to say I'm interested to see what else you can do.
I animate and draw stuff! Check out my gallery if you wish.
Also my email is [email protected]. I'm always happy to receive emails ;)
Eggplants
LoK Team Member

Postby Hnyarly » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:07 pm

Eggplants Wrote:My biggest complaint is just that the pillars look 2D in a 3D point of view.

I've just thought the same. I mean, if the ground is in perspective, pilars should too. You can try some perspectives like those (you have two different examples):
col.jpg
col.jpg (12.66 KiB) Viewed 228638 times

ByHisBillowingBeard Wrote:I'd say the door handles were slightly too low.

I agree.

Eggplants Wrote:Though with the door you could just explain the handles by saying the door is really big.

Or maybe it was made by dwarves with big head.

Bricks for me are ok. But yo may line up them:
bricks.jpg
bricks.jpg (10.55 KiB) Viewed 228230 times

Just take that as suggestions. I admit I'm not a graphic artist.
xD
Hnyarly

Postby bob12321 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:00 pm

Thanks for the advice everyone. The handles on the door are in the right place because the doors are big, the brick wall I don't really find anything wrong with, and the pillars were a good idea and here is an altered version with one of the pillar types you suggested Hnyarly.

Keep the comments coming because I know that I can always improve.
Attachments
normal level2 version2.png
normal level2 version2.png (32.41 KiB) Viewed 223387 times
bob12321

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:46 am

COLOR: I have to say while i like red you might want to not over use it at the start.
PILLARS: I agree they looks ugly and at least need shading. Hny gave you a good base to work off of that uses no gradient.
DOOR: you know i could care less personally but enough people are talking about so you should fix it.
LIGHT SOURCE: You don't really have a light source and i'm not totally sure where this light is coming from. It seems unrealistic to me.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby Oriandu » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:50 am

The fact that you made it in paint is fairly obvious, it looks like shit. There is no shading on anything, you use very basic shapes and the color scheme is garish and ugly. If that's the best you can do, find yourself an artist.
Oriandu

Postby Lucky777 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:01 am

Ice cold and harsh as steel, but undeniably true.
Lucky777

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:27 am

I don't think this was mentioned, but the other issue with the pillars is the tops aren't in perspective. If the pillars are all the same size then as they recede back they'll shrink down at the bottom AND the top.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:07 am

Lucky777 Wrote:Ice cold and harsh as steel, but undeniably true.

Bull shit i say. I've done worse with more advance tools like i don't know... Flash!.... Photo shop!... oh wait that might have been by some other company... no wait it was adobe. Never mind i'll hide.

(had more to say but i forgot to add it and i'm studying now.)
Last edited by BlueLight on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlueLight

Postby haladar5 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:10 am

I wouldn't call this terrible. I've played plenty of games with very basic design and coloring and still enjoyed them. All that really matters is the sex scenes anyway. The room is clear-cut and identifiable. Consider this just a larger version of what you might find in rpg maker
haladar5

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:44 am

haladar5 Wrote:I wouldn't call this terrible. I've played plenty of games with very basic design and coloring and still enjoyed them. All that really matters is the sex scenes anyway. The room is clear-cut and identifiable. Consider this just a larger version of what you might find in rpg maker

On the other hand it can be argued that if the creator has trouble doing a decent background, then he'll really struggle with the sex scenes.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:14 am

30 day Trial on Sai Painter, you can continue using it past the date without any tricks (Though of course there are a few), just can't save things. No excuse to use a bad art program.
FruitSmoothie

Postby trunks2585 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 am

I currently use SAI, it is a good program and not very PC heavy, lighter than photoshop that's for damn sure.
Team Asshole
Team Story Writer

Resident Asshole
trunks2585

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:01 am

FruitSmoothie Wrote: just can't save things.

Isn't that one right there?
Sorry tired as hell and bitching about english is the worst time to write post.

Anyways what are you going to use for making the game? are you going to learn a programming language or get some type of lazy game maker that limits you.
BlueLight

Postby haladar5 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:03 am

Gorepete's games are outstanding in every way to me but his scenery isn't exactly supreme quality and yet the main character and everything look great and it plays great. This said, why is there such negative response rather than constructive criticism involved here? You've got a start bob, roll with it. I, for one, am excited to see any new posts and potential games to crawl towards fruition.
haladar5

Postby FruitSmoothie » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:14 am

I don't see it as a start, mainly because I could draw that in like a minute, haha. Drawing is an important skill for game making but it's worthless without the other parts, and all that's shown is a background made in paint, no story posted, no ideas, no characters shown, etc, etc. There should really be a requirement for posting here (Story, game type, game mechanic ideas, character bios/art, programming skills, etc), as opposed to just in the Discussion forum (Where you post IDEAS, Creative Corner is for In-Progress Games)

If people don't start their post off with some amazing story, character images, game mechanic ideas, etc, you can almost guarantee the "game" will not be made. People wonder why the track record around here is so bad, stop letting people post half assed ideas where inprogress games should be. I'm not trying to attack anybody, just speaking in general. I think Creative Corner should be more selective with what it allows in here, cause it seems to drag everybody down seeing 95% of the threads be trash/trashed. I'd rather have 10 active threads here with results than 300 filled with hopes and dreams.

But please, prove me wrong by posting more art and story and maybe a demo soon, I'd love it if you did.
Last edited by FruitSmoothie on Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
FruitSmoothie

Postby BlueLight » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:16 am

Pillar (because i can't spell callum right now. See!) placement is off. Use the X and Y coordinates given to you by paint to figure out where you need to place them.
That or your tile place ment is funky.
BlueLight

Next

Return to Flash Projects