Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - still no prototype.

Postby SebaKnight1 » Sun May 18, 2014 10:15 am

SebaKnight1 wrote:
Now if I could make a request, I would like it some how to play as a SharpClaw girl.

skeleton is all different and they had a system for randomizing..
not sure if I ever released my sharpclaw edits, actually

Ah, so does that mean it would be difficult or impossible.

Either way, it was just merely a suggestion. Not forcing you to do it if ya don't want to.

Thanks the response anyway. Just do it your way. :D
SebaKnight1

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - plans for goin' on break.

Postby Chromii » Tue May 20, 2014 4:49 am

Is it possible to apply the Character Customisation Template to the platformer?

Because the customisation template on it's own is kinda pointless without gameplay :oops:

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
GadenKerensky Wrote:I can't see the whole thing.

right-click the link below the presented movie and select, "Open Link in New Tab."
Damn shame, Corta. Your animation skills are out of this world. :( But I definitely respect your decision. I'm gonna try to figure out how to implement your char template in ma game. Wish Me luck!!! :D Would armature rigging her cause any performance issues? I've got dragon bones and am learning how to use it.

Any luck? :D
Chromii
Newly Registered

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - plans for goin' on break.

Postby Terrantor!!! » Wed May 21, 2014 2:11 am

Chromii Wrote:Is it possible to apply the Character Customisation Template to the platformer?

Because the customisation template on it's own is kinda pointless without gameplay :oops:

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
GadenKerensky Wrote:I can't see the whole thing.

right-click the link below the presented movie and select, "Open Link in New Tab."
Damn shame, Corta. Your animation skills are out of this world. :( But I definitely respect your decision. I'm gonna try to figure out how to implement your char template in ma game. Wish Me luck!!! :D Would armature rigging her cause any performance issues? I've got dragon bones and am learning how to use it.

Any luck? :D

Still haven't tried, man. That platformer got real confusing to use. I did learn a lot from it and am working on a new one, and this one is going real smooth. for example, what took me a few weeks to fine-tune has taken me less than a day, it's in the bowser's castle section. But I'm still unsure as to whether as2-based swfs can be loaded into as3 movies. And if so, i'd need to find out how they communicate; cuz if I can find out how to control the root variables of the template, 100% of the hard work would be done.
Terrantor!!!

Postby Chromii » Thu May 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Any luck? :D[/quote]

Still haven't tried, man. That platformer got real confusing to use. I did learn a lot from it and am working on a new one, and this one is going real smooth. for example, what took me a few weeks to fine-tune has taken me less than a day, it's in the bowser's castle section. But I'm still unsure as to whether as2-based swfs can be loaded into as3 movies. And if so, i'd need to find out how they communicate; cuz if I can find out how to control the root variables of the template, 100% of the hard work would be done.[/quote]

oh well that's okay :3

The game has been in development for like 3 years - The only things to do is just beat that Pterosaur boss after you jump into that pirate ship - so I thought they might have been more to it by now >-< the latest template design is gorgeous but I got confused as to why it wasn't applied to the platformer itself. The gallery is also really nice but 1/4 of the stuff is not even the story :c
Chromii
Newly Registered

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - goin' on hold.

Postby BigJohnny » Sat May 31, 2014 5:30 pm

corta Wrote:Firstly, some news..

I'm putting the splatformer on ice for now.
maybe indefinitely, who knows..

Well, that's a big shame.
Since I registered basically to only say that, it'd be a waste if this post wasn't a bit longer.
So...
I really like what you've done with the game, I found the animations really well done and, uh, creative, especially positions. Liked the variation and customization in playable characters too, so people who don't like a certain character can simply change it. I also found the very minimalistic story approach very enjoyable. It might've not been your aim or maybe you haven't the time, but I think the less story in such games the better it is. Instead of reading or clicking past through blocks of text I prefer to throw the heroine straight into action.
Again, I think it's a shame you're icing it since it and Urielman-X's game are the only western projects I've been looking forward to but I doubt you do it just to be mean.
Cheers.
BigJohnny
Newly Registered

Re: Corta's Game [name pending]

Postby krauser77 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:56 am

ByHisBillowingBeard Wrote:Bastard :P luring me down there with 'prizes'.

That is phenomenal. Works smoothly. LOVING THE TAUNT.. extra delicious. Fantastic sprite. just Ooo LOvely

What the taunt does ?
krauser77
Newly Registered

Postby NelsonFoxPaws » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:38 pm

A question for the developer. And when the continuation of the story? When will the next update?
This version is just gorgeous! I created a character of my dreams))) I would Like in the next version to see the setting for hair Krystal. And something like that.
NelsonFoxPaws

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Read a little, Nelson. The information you seek is right on the flippin' first page.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby TerraDraco » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:48 am

Was there a gallery mode to this? I could not find it if so
TerraDraco

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:08 am

TerraDraco Wrote:Was there a gallery mode to this? I could not find it if so

Not in the character template. But you can go the first page, start a new game, and look at the bottom left corner during character creation and you'll see a button that leads to gallery mode.
Terrantor!!!

Postby [Brand_Name] » Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:38 pm

MiscChaos Wrote:Read a little, Nelson. The information you seek is right on the flippin' first page.

ouch.
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby TerraDraco » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:54 pm

Terrantor!!! Wrote:
TerraDraco Wrote:Was there a gallery mode to this? I could not find it if so

Not in the character template. But you can go the first page, start a new game, and look at the bottom left corner during character creation and you'll see a button that leads to gallery mode.

Thank you
TerraDraco

doesnt deserve it's own thread yet..

Postby corta » Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:45 am

so, it's been a while, but things are finally starting to look a little more functional 'round here
still a long way to go, but most of the hard math has been done -- consider it a proof-of-concept, I guess..

only pistol animations in right now, and bullets dont actually hit yet.
actually, pointing guns and walking around is just about all you can do right now. ..not a political statement, honest.. :?

and oh yeah, mouse targeting. I'm not cool enough for key-cycling..

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

swarmPrototype.swf [ 6.33 MiB | Viewed 5582 times ]

Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - something to look at, I guess..

Postby nizagam » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:56 pm

Wow that's nice! I'm looking forward to see this in a full working game :D
nizagam

Postby Pram » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:52 pm

Yay you're around! Your stuff is definitely my favorite. That proto is kind of laggy, dunno if it's just me but I hit something and the cursor changed and got slow.
Pram

Postby someone_unkown » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:19 am

This seems really, really awkward at the moment. But it does look like it has potential for something big..... And I can see this project will get its own thread later on....
"Only embers remain..."
someone_unkown

Postby hunglikeallama » Wed Jun 18, 2014 1:40 am

I'm sure this isn't a simple answer, but how what would you recommend for making your own costumes, animations, characters, etc. using this template?
Basically, I want to know...
Is there any particular program that I should use if I want to make my own characters and costumes?
Is there any simple, free program to create my own animations, and what is it?

Thanks everybody.
hunglikeallama
Newly Registered

Postby FurrinGok » Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:00 am

hunglikeallama Wrote:I'm sure this isn't a simple answer, but how what would you recommend for making your own costumes, animations, characters, etc. using this template?
Is there any particular program that I should use if I want to make my own characters and costumes?

Thanks everybody.

As far as making an animated form, Flash Software Development Kit (the purchased form) should do the trick. Action Script might work, but I don't know enough about this stuff to say for sure.
Gangs n' Whores' Resident Grammar Hitler, head honcho of the Grammar Nazis. Don't ask why it's me, the others called me that.
FurrinGok
Gangs n' Whores Developer

just talk, blah blah blah I'm sorry.

Postby corta » Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:46 pm

hunglikeallama Wrote:I'm sure this isn't a simple answer, but how what would you recommend for making your own costumes, animations, characters, etc. using this template?

Thanks everybody.

you should get a trial version of adobe flash -- 30 free days to play around and see how you like it. ;)

someone_unkown Wrote:This seems really, really awkward at the moment.

I hope you're talking about the pauses or missing stuff..
this is a only a demo of the in-combat stuff, enemies will use the same 'live' AI as the splatformer after you use your turn.

Pram Wrote:laggy

hopefully it's just code-lag from freezing the zergling anims/ai..
if its not that.. then umm.. uhh.. something happens..
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Postby Terrantor!!! » Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:57 am

So pretty much you can adventure, but when you come in contact with a baddy, you enter this prototype battle mode? I like it. Your characters are beautiful, corta. I hope to one day make a char for your template.
Terrantor!!!

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects