Corta'SPLATFORMER

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - version. 'sexaxis!' :P

Postby RayneKnight » Sat Apr 26, 2014 10:43 am

Corta wrote:

I'll need some more details on what actually happened..

most importantly, can you make it happen more than once?

during the ridley fight, did you get raped?
when the enemy hit you, did you get downed?
what exactly do you see after it 'locks'? (frozen animation? no character at all?)

Ridley being the dragon type boss? Well, i've done the fight so many times i can beat it without being raped so the last time i didn't, but previous times i have been.
As i leave the spaceship (after picking up the scrolls and the message saying that this bit hasn't been written) if one of the standing aliens fires a bolt at me I simply disappear. go going down or losing energy, just boom, gone! I can't move (so its not as if she's just gone invisible) and the aliens will keep moving about, sometimes coming close to where she is to interact with her but can't seem to find her.

I'm using firefox, so not sure if that helps (not a technical guy, sorry...). I've updated flash to its most up to date version, didn't help.

Any ideas as to how I can progress the story would be great! I really want to continue it!
I attached a pic of what happens (just played it again to make it happen again)... i was right next to the alien guy.
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
RayneKnight
Newly Registered

Corta'SPLATFORMER - goin' on hold.

Postby corta » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Firstly, some news..

I'm putting the splatformer on ice for now.
maybe indefinitely, who knows..

frankly, it's amazing that things made it this far without a shred of actual planning..
my love for this one has been on-and-off since week one, everything was way too open-ended for it to ever really be 'done' and some terribad pacing means that I'm working months to add barely minutes of playtime..
things have been dragging along lately, and I want to start afresh with some of the stuff I've learned here.

I'll do some cleanup to make sure what's left over still works,
I'm not stopping with the character template,

and don't worry, I've got some ideas for a new game that I think will be more fun. ;)

Why now?
as usual, worlds colliding..
starting a new job tomorrow (with some overlap with the last one) means that I'm going to be fully-booked for a while :cry:
so, the break will be a good little chance for me to collect myself.

anyways, on with some content.

loads more voices, another nearly finished costume and GP's swords are now pointed the right way.. :?

Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 4.15 MiB | Viewed 7911 times ]

now, if you'll excuse me, I need to come up with something cute for the thread header..
actually.. I don't have time.. :o
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - goin' on hold.

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:40 pm

corta Wrote:I'm putting the splatformer on ice for now.

:(

corta Wrote:my love for this one has been on-and-off since week one, everything was way too open-ended for it to ever really be 'done' and some terribad pacing means that I'm working months to add barely minutes of playtime..

I was thinking like this in my game, then I realized it needed more levels and a more storyline (that's why I played 2 original Mario games and I want to play another one). For example, when I had just one world, I used goombas,koopas, shyguys and bloopers. Now that I have 5 worlds, I created dozens of new enemies, and up to 7 levels in each world, featuring vases, pitfalls, trees, pipes...and some dialogues (a quick talk) before the sex scene.
Maybe you just need a break, and perhaps play more Samus games (and other cave /space adventure games) in order to get creative? Also, playing Scape Escape by Uriel may help?
Dont you think the game needs more levels first?

corta Wrote:things have been dragging along lately, and I want to start afresh with some of the stuff I've learned here.

Understandable. I keep making art, animations and some code outside the games I created. I wanted to make, for example, an Alice Wonderland game using the engine we have in LOK: a platform game, with dialogues, scenes...

corta Wrote:I'll do some cleanup to make sure what's left over still works, I'm not stopping with the character template.

Yes, like the backside of the two latest females (the last one doesnt have her wings in the backside view).

corta Wrote:and don't worry, I've got some ideas for a new game that I think will be more fun.

With Samus? : )

corta Wrote:starting a new job tomorrow (with some overlap with the last one) means that I'm going to be fully-booked for a while :cry: so, the break will be a good little chance for me to collect myself.

I am in the same situation. I just have time when I reach home (I am single, this can explain my free time when I get home), and I like my current lifestyle. I always learn a new thing every night.
Take care there!
Ivan-Aedler

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - goin' on hold.

Postby Pram » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:54 pm

corta Wrote:I'm putting the splatformer on ice for now.

Aw. Good luck with your life things, just don't die again please!

Hope all these characters don't go to waste, and you use them in whatever else you think you're gonna work on.
Pram

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER - plans for goin' on break.

Postby [Brand_Name] » Sun Apr 27, 2014 7:59 pm

You need a break. Hopefully you can come back refreshed- good luck with yer new job.

<3
Peace & Light
[Brand_Name]

Postby DarkHedgehog » Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Best of luck to you Corta. Hope everything goes smooth for you in life and everything.
( ^_^)ノ
(Hedge)Hogging It All Up!
The Darkest and Edgiest hedgehog!
DarkHedgehog

Postby Immortallix » Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Good luck with your job & future endeavors, very much appreciate what you've done here so far!
Immortallix
Newly Registered

Postby someone_unkown » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:44 am

Damn...... soon as you pick it up, you drop it after just.......... what, like a few months of some good features?
Even if it is put on break, I still got something to look forward to in the future.
Even more I got a new game to look forward to in the far future :)
"Only embers remain..."
someone_unkown

Postby GoRepeat » Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:30 am

IF you want some unsolicited advice: on your next project start with the end in mind then work your way backwards. When you make a game open ended without any real idea where it is going or where it will end there is a 99% chance down the road you will end up hating working on it. I think the technical term is scope creep or something; either way - nothing wrong with a fresh start, I look forward to seeing what you have planned.
Picarto LiveStream: https://picarto.tv/GoRepeat
Other Stuff: Click Here
GoRepeat

Postby Hoganman95 » Thu May 01, 2014 1:11 pm

This game would be awesome finished. If you need more ideas for characters, here's a few. Mery from metal gear solid, pokemon girl characters, dynasty warrior characters and a category of characters that would fit well would be Resident Evil characters. I'd imagine that RE characters would fit well into Corta's platformer.
Would be awesome if this game worked on IPad because I use my iPad for everything
Hoganman95
Newly Registered

Postby GadenKerensky » Thu May 01, 2014 1:24 pm

I can't see the whole thing.
GadenKerensky

Postby Terrantor!!! » Sun May 04, 2014 6:36 am

GadenKerensky Wrote:I can't see the whole thing.

right-click the link below the presented movie and select, "Open Link in New Tab."
Damn shame, Corta. Your animation skills are out of this world. :( But I definitely respect your decision. I'm gonna try to figure out how to implement your char template in ma game. Wish Me luck!!! :D Would armature rigging her cause any performance issues? I've got dragon bones and am learning how to use it.
Terrantor!!!

Postby SebaKnight1 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:31 am

I'm glad this old gem is getting some new content. You've been doing a great job with this flash. So many different ways to design your character and it just keeps getting bigger! :D

Take your time with this lil project. I wouldn't like to rush such good work.

Now if I could make a request, I would like it some how to play as a SharpClaw girl. I'm surprise there are so many opinions now yet I'm surprised no suggested this one yet. It seems fair since Krystal is in the character designer, or what you may call it.

Eh, your choose, I understand you're on break now and do what you want with it and do it at your own pace. Most importantly, have fun with it! :)
SebaKnight1

Postby MetroidLurker101 » Fri May 09, 2014 7:09 am

Friendly advice (NO NOT A NEW CHARACTER!!!!!!): I played a metroid platformer recently and I liked the idea of a corruption meter corresponding to being raped but if the corruption meter got to full you lost and samus...... Became weird...... I think that this gameplay mechanic could benefit this game if altered. Instead of dieing when the corruption bar reaches full you slowly become more submissive (*COUGH* consensual sex *COUGH*) the higher the bar gets until it gets full then you shall automatically seek out sex with them and the higher the bar gets the more stats you gain per sex. That's all I got for now.
MetroidLurker101
Newly Registered

Postby Ivan-Aedler » Sun May 11, 2014 7:32 pm

I also share the idea of making her not 'cast game overs', but instead, make her more submissive (the game being more and more luscious) but with less score points and a harder and harder way to keep in the game (she will want sex more and more), with still the possibility to win.
Ivan-Aedler

Postby ElPresidente » Sun May 11, 2014 8:29 pm

Hoganman95 Wrote:This game would be awesome finished. If you need more ideas for characters, here's a few. Mery from metal gear solid, pokemon girl characters, dynasty warrior characters and a category of characters that would fit well would be Resident Evil characters. I'd imagine that RE characters would fit well into Corta's platformer.
Would be awesome if this game worked on IPad because I use my iPad for everything

The game will never be complete if he just keep adding yet more characters.
What a game needs - what any game needs - is actual content. Levels, enemies, stuff to do.
Extra visual bits are just that - extra.
ElPresidente

Postby Pram » Mon May 12, 2014 4:45 pm

I don't know if you'll be back anytime soon Corta, but it might be nice if you zipped up and hosted the character assets somewhere, so anyone could use them for games or simple loops.
Pram

Postby someone_unkown » Mon May 12, 2014 8:09 pm

Well, I feel this is applicable...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09s-c2JVI40
"Only embers remain..."
someone_unkown

Postby AdvanceKittens » Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 am

Here is my models Corta and everyone. If you feel like to use them in your game (after come back). use them as you see fit.
I think I won't be around here for while.
Attachments
Characters Case.jpg
Characters Case.jpg (18.83 KiB) Viewed 5058 times
AKs Characters Case.fla
(921.16 KiB) Downloaded 65 times
AdvanceKittens

Re: Corta'SPLATFORMER

Postby corta » Sun May 18, 2014 3:05 am

hai thur

all settled in and I'm revving up to get a game prototype out there,
..it's just a pretty hud and a few ideas at the moment, but I've got a good feeling about this one!

but, a new engine is a good chance to change up a few little things in the template.
namely, arms and hair bangs not having left/right versions
I took a try at getting skirts to work again.. belts and miniskirts are all good, but a full skirt layer aint never gonna happen.

so, new some stuff.. cross-layer clothes (light blue buttons) mouth and eye emotes, hair/eye variables split and more gun hiding options.
and I've made a "lite" version for animating with (that wont make you wait an hour to make keyframes.. :? )

full template .fla going up after first round of feedback.
Click to Play
(Javascript Required)

Corta's Character Template.swf [ 4.3 MiB | Viewed 4573 times ]

also, aint it cute that we get a new project popping up every time I go off..
sup, fc ;P

AdvanceKittens Wrote:Here is my models

SKIRTS :cry:

I'll try and put these to good use ;)
we'll need some schoolgirls if I'm ever gonna corner the jav market.

AdvanceKittens Wrote:I think I won't be around here for while.

:o
remember, we're here forever.
see you soon :D

Pram Wrote:it might be nice if you zipped up and hosted the character assets somewhere, so anyone could use them for games or simple loops.

d- .. don't I already do that?
actually, I might start zipping them up now the file-size has gone gang-busters.

SebaKnight1 Wrote:Now if I could make a request, I would like it some how to play as a SharpClaw girl.

skeleton is all different and they had a system for randomizing..
not sure if I ever released my sharpclaw edits, actually

Terrantor!!! Wrote:Would armature rigging her cause any performance issues?

*shrug*

Hoganman95 Wrote:Would be awesome if this game worked on IPad because I use my iPad for everything

the new game idea will be mostly turn based with click support, I'll see if there's anything special I've got to learn for tablet and ios support.

Gorepete Wrote:IF you want some unsolicited advice: on your next project start with the end in mind then work your way backwards.

When you make a game open ended without any real idea where it is going or where it will end there is a 99% chance down

the road you will end up hating working on it. I think the technical term is scope creep or something.

excellent advice.
..I started the splatformer without even a story-arc in mind..
I saw it coming from week one, so here's how stubborn/dumb I am..

someone_unkown Wrote:Damn...... soon as you pick it up, you drop it after just.......... what, like a few months of some good features?
Even if it is put on break, I still got something to look forward to in the future.
Even more I got a new game to look forward to in the far future :)

Pram Wrote:Hope all these characters don't go to waste, and you use them in whatever else you think you're gonna work on.

There's plenty to be salvaged, still.
and it's only ever a waste if I'd kept it all to myself.

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:Dont you think the game needs more levels first?

not when I'm making detailed backgrounds of that size that barely get looked at.. :(

Ivan-Aedler Wrote:
corta Wrote:and don't worry, I've got some ideas for a new game that I think will be more fun.

With Samus? : )

plans are for a turn-based horde-mode against zerg,
but now that you mention it.. there might be room for a metroid-ey expansion..
Active Thread: [ Flash Edits ][27th July/19]
Looking to donate? I've got pages for Patreon, SubscribeStar and Paypal.me!
corta

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects