PokéMorph (Discontinued)

The place to post Flash-based creative projects.
Forum rules
This forum is for posting and collaborating upon third party Flash work. Please do not post request-threads, and avoid posting artwork that is not your own unless it is being used as a reference.

Re: PokéMorph (Update: 6/20/17!)

Postby Stumpfxd » Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:39 pm

FTG82 Wrote:
FTG82 Wrote:
Salgo Wrote:For me it's the first time I play it and there was a bug when i met professor Oak, after my character began turning like he was looking all around him nothing happened. I had to open the menu and close it to be able to move. Then I get out, get back in and the animation restart. I had to open and close the menu while I was talked to to be able to continue the conversation.

This is happening to me. I can't get past the first meeting with Professor Oak.

Hey this is still happening to me. I'm sorry to keep bring this up but it's keeping me from playing the game. I've tried reloading like 10 times and it isn't getting past it. Any help?

For those guys who still have this problem.
You may have to wait a few minutes. i had this too and refreshed and got in again but waited before ash got out.
after a few minutes its working again
Stumpfxd
Newly Registered

Postby [Blank] » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:02 pm

As I have made it my goal to "catch them all" I'm going suggest maybe a sign or something that notes the pokemorphs that appear on that route. I've been running around viridian forest for an hour and I haven't found a single normal pikachu which I think at some point was said to be available in viridian forest, not to mention it's where you can also find normal pikachu in the original game. I might have just really bad luck but the signs would still be nice.
[Blank]

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:59 am

Not a bad idea. However, if you're looking for Pikachu, you won't find them "just anywhere." There's a special location where they show up, and I left a hint to their presence in that area. Go exploring, talk to people, and walk through a lot of grass if you want to find the Pikachu.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby FTG82 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:26 am

Hey just wanted to say that i'm pretty new to this project but i'm really liking the idea. But I've encountered lots of bugs at the start of the game. I got through the first one finally but I've found another one. I'm on the first route out of your home town and at the event where eevee smells something and runs off. My character goes chasing her but when she enters the cave he stops moving and then her character shows up again glitched in the side of the cliff. Don't know if this is happening to anyone else but I can't get passed this bug
FTG82

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:56 am

Yes, unfortunately we weren't careful enough with our bug testing and the latest download is riddled with them. We are nearly through with a deep extermination job, and will hopefully be releasing the fixed version very soon.
I'm not mad. I'm only forty and eighty percent crazy, and that's split between two personalities, which makes me almost half sane.
ValturNaa

Postby Akhera » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:08 pm

Just on a side note, since you're busy with exterminating bugs, I wonder if there's something that fixes a specific problem for me.
I doubt it's an actual bug, but the longer I play the longer the delay in talking to trainers is. Sometimes I walk in front of them, 2 seconds of nothing, they walk up, 10 seconds of frozeness, and then fight. I don't mind waiting, but it annoys me in the long run.

Keep up the good work! :D
Akhera

Postby ValturNaa » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:05 pm

This is a built-in problem with humbird's new engine. I think his trash system is incomplete. When I played the pokemon hentai version after the last release, I had to reboot the game every 15 minutes or so or my "run" slowed to below normal walk speed, especially in certain areas. Pewter Gym was especially bad for some reason. Ironically, I think the lag in our game is significantly less than in his, even though our maps are generally bigger, probably because we use generally fewer moving sprites. But yes, if you save and reload the game, it should cut down on the lag significantly.

On an unrelated note, I've discovered another bug that seems to be related to this. While the game is lagging, it seems touch points can be activated multiple times before they're disabled. So you can reach the opponent's horny pose on the first turn, or capture them without fan art. But not all the time. I'm very confused about how that works. And the flash cookie saves started randomly ctd last night. It still saved, but forced a game reboot. What confuses me the most about these bugs is that they are just now showing up, even though we've been working in and testing humbird's latest engine for months.

But the better news is, I've finished my bugfixing play-through and find the game to be playable again, if not completely bug-free. As soon as I hear back from deadman the results of his last run, I'll recommend reupdating the download.
ValturNaa

Postby Iu1S » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:04 am

Hello I'm new here :D :D :D

anyway I've been stuck on a part of the game where you talk to the guy who is trying to fix the bridge after talking to him
ben decided to head back home upon going down on the road eevee start sniffing the air(bug:talk to fast on her you get stuck wait a few sec then continue) and the ben ask what is it, then eevee start running down the road yelling Vii and then the ben start yelling eevee(bug: wait until she leave the screen or get some crazy shit happening) and he start running after eevee once eevee on screen eevee ran in to the cave once she in the cave ben get stuck on the corner of the road once that eevee pop out on top of the cave or inside a tree

is there any way to past that or do i have to time my self when she run of the screen?
Iu1S
Newly Registered

Postby jboy2318 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:27 am

When I enter the oak's lab at the beginning and with all the talking when bay starts to turn it stops and I have to press escape button then walk out the door and go back in it still happens again it also happens with the rocket twins and the game shut down when you save the the non clipboard save
jboy2318
Newly Registered

Postby Dongman » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:08 am

you fellas should have read val's recent posts
Dongman

Postby EvilPIka » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:50 pm

He the game is great but my game keeps freezing whenever there was a event. all i had to do was restart but now im stuck in the forest and i keep freezing at the part where evee is choosing a direction in the forest
EvilPIka
Newly Registered

Postby PlayerXXX » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:01 pm

The bugs about freezing are noticed by the devs you guys have to wait for the next update for the fix.
PlayerXXX

Postby Troy168 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:03 pm

Glad to see that you fixed the bug, but now Eevee is in a odd place...
Troy168

Re: PokéMorph (Update: v1.63 7/1/17)

Postby Dapper Gent » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Once more unto the breach, dear friends. Once more.

PokeMorph v1.63
Dapper Gent

Postby AlertoshinGaming » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:16 am

Please help me, i keep freezing at this point https://gyazo.com/9f645820621bc69a4a828386d32636bc
AlertoshinGaming
Newly Registered

Postby Bad JuJu » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:22 am

Thankyou for your hard work and feedback regarding the recent issues with the new release, hope all is goes well, I love this game. :D
Bad JuJu
Newly Registered

Postby Wolves99 » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:31 pm

This is really good now the only bug that i hit was at the lighthouse and it pushes you outside the walls and you arent able to do anything about it
Wolves99

Postby ValturNaa » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:31 pm

@AlertoshinGaming when does that happen, and what under what circumstances? Is it anytime you pass that point after the spearow event, or do you get teleported out to that point, or what?

... I kept seeing reports of the lighthouse issue before but I could never locate that bug to find a solution. I've been through that sequence several times and it always animated correctly. I'll see if I can get this bug to show up and find a solution.
ValturNaa

Postby FTG82 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 am

AlertoshinGaming Wrote:Please help me, i keep freezing at this point https://gyazo.com/9f645820621bc69a4a828386d32636bc

@ValturNaa I had that problem to. It's the scene where you got told that the bridge was out and to go back into town and on your way there you got froze.
FTG82

Postby FTG82 » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:04 am

This newer version seems to be a whole lot more bug free. I'm really liking the game. Only thing i gotta complain about is when i press the menu key i also have to press one of the arrow keys to open it other wise it doesn't open. But other then that this game is going good. Keep up the good work team.
FTG82

PreviousNext

Return to Flash Projects