Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:14 pm

exalted Wrote:Sorry to pull the Harold Holt on everyone.... life turned to shit on multiple fronts and I didn't have the time or capacity to be here. Will try to get a post up nowish.

No worries, glad you're OK. Don't feel like you need to rush posts if you've got a lot going on.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Tes » Sat Jan 18, 2020 2:22 pm

It wasn't all that bad of a move considering most people struggle to find time during holidays anyways so don't feel bad about it. Just post when you can and want to ^^
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:29 pm

Wait, what's this about a secret bunker now?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:32 pm

I wondered myself but exalted actually mentiond going down stairs below the lounge ^^
Tes

Postby mrblah » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:50 pm

flavor text slash exaggeration. it's not a secret bunker.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Tes Wrote:I wondered myself but exalted actually mentiond going down stairs below the lounge ^^

Oh, huh. I kinda missed that.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:20 pm

Dangit, had a plan but then read through the deck and remembered all the monster cards got removed. Have to rework my plan now.
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:19 pm

Apologies for that. But the summon cards turned into too much of a hassle during my test runs, so I removed those. I do have an idea for a card that might work as a bit of a replacement, but it isn't entierly the same. If any of you have come up with any ideas for cards as well, we could probably add them last minute.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:49 am

we could always replace the summons with: you turn into *** and won't turn back until you have taken out your lust on somebody out of the group/left or right neighbor

As for other ideas, I once had some but wasn't able to remember. If I do, I'll put them here ^^
Tes

Postby CondorBoH » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:36 am

I like the idea that Tes had, you turn into a horny, in character, monster girl/boy based on that card until you bust a load then turn back.
Eg, I get vampire card. Say hello to Countess Succuoff for a round.
CondorBoH

Postby exalted » Sat Jan 25, 2020 7:44 am

That was actually my plan kinda.

There would be two rings of high back chairs, the inner with the 'players' and second ring for the other characters. Each seat on the outer ring would be have a stylized back in the shape of one of the monsters. This would have allowed the characters not playing to still play a role.
exalted

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:29 am

Right, good ideas. Also, I believe I raised the idea of upgrading all background characters to normal status, but barely got any response.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:27 pm

Oh, I remember when you mentioned that FF. Somehow I never actually voiced my approval to that idea. I can only speak form myself, but I wouldn't mind that at all.
Tes

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sat Jan 25, 2020 5:38 pm

Yeah I'm OK with that as well. Although I'm only managing the one character so I guess it doesn't really influence much for me in particular, but I'm cool if other people want to use their secondary characters as part of the card game as well.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby exalted » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:03 am

Happy for the NPCs to become full PCs in the RPG.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXlvy3sTTBk

So kinda need a decision on whether the cards are coming back before I can post. Can we take a quick vote (not meaning to step on toes FF if it looks like I'm doing that

My preference would be for them to return - Happy for Winchester to 'transform' into them so he maintain his role as GM and breaks up the need for one person to role out the whole bit. If another PC/NPC wants to sit in the outer ring.
exalted

Postby Lazy Kitsune » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:54 pm

If we're doing cards that turn other people into the thing I'm fine with that. Think it works quite well.
~Yawn
Lazy Kitsune

Postby Tes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 2:50 pm

I like the idea I wrote earlier for how to bring them back and would then let everyone choose whether their npc takes part in the game or not.
Tes

Postby mrblah » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:39 pm

i'm for whatever gets us moving.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Tes » Sun Jan 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Well it's not like we are waiting for nothing. Phoenixcz hasn't responded yet for example
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:00 pm

Right, I'll see about adding those cards back into the deck, although slightly altered. Tho, the inner ring/outer ring thing is kind of hard to include, since from the cardgame's rules, there wil be no distinction between the inner ring or outer ring, and it can only affect those that are playing the game. However, since we are using exalted's lore for the deck, it means that he could have exclusive transformation rights... However, that won't work if he draws one of those cards. The only solution I see here, is if the deck is set that way, and as a result, Winchester can never participate in the game himself, only taking on the role of the monsters when needed.

Does that sound alright with everyone? It shouldn't change too much, since Winchester was meant to be the DM, so to speak, anyways, and therefore not participating to begin with.

Now, for the cards I'm adding back in, I recall the monsters being Centaur, Slime, Vampire and Minotaur. If I've forgotten any, or you people would like to request additional ones, go ahead and write them down. In addition to these cards, I was thinking of including a rather big game changer with two variants... It could get out of hand real fast if someone draws this card twice or more, but I was thinking about adding a card that spawnsin a dopleganger of you. One card making it the same gender as you, the other the opposite gender of you. How does that sound?
Fantasy Fanatic

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character