Return of the Party (OOC) 6/7 (Closed for applications)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Return of the Party (OOC) 5/7 Open

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 12:01 am

Unless you want the NPC available for you to control in the party enviorment outside of the actual game, you don't need to submit it. If you do want to RP more than one character, you have to submit them, but only one of them can be in the game itself I'm afraid. Also, I have approved your character now and added them to the original post.
Fantasy Fanatic

Re: Return of the Party (OOC, Open) 5/7 Spots taken

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:14 am

To avoid confusion, I thought it best to mention that I renamed the topic slightly. It's nothing too different, but I think it is a bit more clear to people only reading topic names when looking for an RP.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:13 pm

should i just make a male character and change to that if we need one
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Tes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:28 pm

I think that would be helpful, but I guess you could always wait with that till all slots are full. Maybe it will work out and we all can play our intended character ^^
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:05 pm

I just invited a friend to join us, so we might reach the character limit soon. As for making other characters, you're all welcome to make more characters, either as NPC's, or if you find that you like them more than your original submission, you can switch them out for your main one. In fact, I've been considering making an NPC character of my own.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:41 pm

Mh an extra character does sound fun. I guess the idea is that the mains somehow get together to play the game while the NPCs do whatever. But having them too separated from the main action could also be distracting, which would push them to be kind of an audience mostly. (Not that them wanting to watch would be too hard to believe once the game starts xD)

That brings up a question though: if a card says to do something with the closest male/female, that would include them, right?

So maybe Malcolm brings a buddy along. I not sure yet, but that could also help a bit with current shortage of dicks at the party.
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:51 am

The idea is that the NPC's can be used while waiting for others to respond using their main character, so the NPC's might work better separately in a pure swinger setting. Although, they can, of course, spectate as well.

EDIT: NVM, my friend apparently doesn't like forums on a principle... So they're not joining...

Another EDIT: Invited another friend.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:59 am

Right, since this is taking a long time, I am opening up the option for people who want it to have more than one character, in order to fill out the spots. If we have no more participants by next week, you'll be free to ask about having multiple characters. I'll possibly take on the role myself, so no one should feel obligated to make another character, just to fill the slots and get this RP going.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 pm

Ok, then here's my submission for an NPC or if free a second main

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Appearance: Image
Name: Tobias (Toby) Lester
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Interests: sports, fantasy novels/manga/games/etc.
Kinks (unexplored): roleplay, BDSM(switch leaning more towards dom), voyeurism, getting his partner off to the fullest degree possible
Turn-offs: male on male
Bio: Toby is for anyone around him the steriodypical good guy, always out to make new friends and trying to please everyone even at a cost to him. Thus he made it his personal mission to befriend Malcolm from his swimming team who always seems to evade his invitations to hang out no matter how often he tries. He was very surprised but ecstatic when he finally invited him to come along to a party with him, accepting without hesitation or a clue what kind of party it would be, only interested in finally getting a step closer to cracking this though nut that is Malcolm.

Too nice to really come on to a girl he rarely had a girlfriend and if he had one, he didn't want to seem creepy by pushing himself onto them sexually. So in terms of sex he still was pretty much a clean slate. But with this attitude his realtionships always seemed to die down which upset him, because in his mind he always tried his best to be the boyfriend they hoped he would be. This bottled up frustration would have to erupt spectacularly in some kind or another in the future.

On the rare occasion that he didn't have any plans with his friends he would pass his time with any media in which he could delve into another world. Enjoying the sensation of 'meeting' new characters even if not real. His field of study being litarature bored him most of the time, but at least he had an excuse to come to college that way and follow his other passion for sports.
Tes

Postby mrblah » Sat Nov 02, 2019 8:02 pm

if that's the case, i've got someone i could throw on for a second character.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Nov 03, 2019 2:50 am

Well, feel free to post them then. Since we got more than 2 NPCs, we'll have a vote in the end for which ones will be 2nd main characters.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Nov 03, 2019 3:27 pm

Name: Oscar Perry Wilde
Sexual Orientation: Whatever
Interests: Gothic architecture, poetry, smoking, relaxing, studying the faulty nature of man
Kinks: Sadomasochism, impact play, intelligent banter
Turn-offs: "Sheep," anything gross
Bio: Oscar P. Wilde is an aspiring writer of the mystery genre, hobbyist philosopher, poet, and critic named after the historical Irish poet Oscar Wilde. He was raised by single retired businessman Lawrence Wilde who taught him everything he knows of poetry. After the death of his father when he was 15, Oscar was raised by his negligent uncle, where he silently suffered through his grief and took to such things as smoking and occasionally drinking to deal with his problems. He got into a more party-specific scene when his peers invited him out one night, and although he didn't find many aspects of it to be too entertaining(such as the loud music and much of the socializing), the existence of that world drew him in with what he saw as the most human aspect you could ever see; youthful greed and apathy towards safety in the name of fun.

He's been involved ever since, up to his college years. Oscar mostly views it as him studying those around him for the sake of his future career as a writer, and since he's generally pretty relaxed and calm, his presence isn't too disliked—although at times he can seem a bit self-absorbed.
Extra Info: Oscar smokes; his favorite brand of cigarettes is Vogue. He typically reads classical literature but likes the latest on mysteries. He, however, hates the new horrors out and absolutely detests the romance novels. Oscar has a weak stomach and gets sick easily.
Appearance:

mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 pm

Right, so I am now submitting the promised background character of my own, and then we can begin voting on which background characters end up main ones.

Name: Robert Sultener
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Interests: Martial arts, literature, reading, mythology, folklore, camping, magic.
Kinks: Cuddling, lactating, roleplay, pet-play, inflation, impregnation.
Turn-offs: Pregnancy, male on male, gore, scat, body-harm, necrophilia, etc.
Bio: Robert grew up in a moderately low-income family. Both of his parents being immigrants, meant that they had no fortune or accomplishments from previous generations to build their new life upon. It was only as Robert was growing up that his family was getting on up in the world, and as a result of progressively going from a small apartment, to eventually being able to afford a decent house, his family ended up moving a lot, unfortunately leaving most of Robert's friends and relations behind and uprooted. As a side effect of this, Robert grew introverted, less willing to build relations with others, as he was unlikely to be able to keep contact with friends over long distances. Always being the new, reclusive kid at school didn't lead anywhere promising either, almost always circling him out as a target for bullying, leaving him with even less experience in building meaningful relations with people.

Only as of late has Robert managed to make some true friends, able to impress others with his knowledge when finally attempting to break the vicious cycle he has lived and going outside of his comfort zone. Although, he is still unaware of the consequences of doing so, as he has now found himself in less than reputable company and the wrong crowd. With his friends leeching off of his abilities to turn in homework, and exploiting his knowledge for less than ideal purposes, he at the very least has the fortune of having them genuinely consider him their friend. As such, from a genuine, yet misguided attempt to give something back to their friend in exchange for all of his help, they decided to get him laid, by getting him invited to a swinger party... without telling him.
Extra Info: While none of Robert's friends could find the time to attend themselves, they've asked their non-mutual friend "Win" Chester Bradford for the favor of taking care of Robert while at the party and ensure he gets laid.
Appearance:

And with that, we begin the vote. Which 2 of these background characters get promoted to main ones?

1. "Win" Chester Bradford by exalted

2. Tobias (Toby) Lester by Tes

3. Oscar Perry Wilde by mrblah

4. Robert Sultener by Fantasy Fanatic
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 10:33 pm

Well, my 1st vote is for "Win", for the obvious reason of him being the host.
The second vote is much harder. For various reasons, I pick number 3, Oscar Perry Wilde.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Re: Return of the Party (OOC, Open) 5/7 (Still open for now)

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:06 am

I had hoped 24 29 hours would be enough for everyone to respond. I'm a bit disappointed.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:32 am

maybe the others didn't have opinions. i don't this time around.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:35 am

Perhaps you're right. But as it stands, I kind of need opinions. Perhaps I should cast my own to begin with?

I cast my votes for 2 and 3. Tobias (Toby) Lester by Tes and Oscar Perry Wilde by mrblah.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby Tes » Fri Nov 08, 2019 10:12 am

Sorry, I somehow thought the ones with second characters would be out of the vote. I'll vote for 2 and 4, if it is allowed to vote for yourself and 1 and 4 if not.
Tes

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Nov 08, 2019 2:37 pm

For this vote, you are actually allowed to vote for your own character, since you're voting for another one as well.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby exalted » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:07 am

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:I had hoped 24 29 hours would be enough for everyone to respond. I'm a bit disappointed.

So been busy with real life stuff

Votes for 3 and 4.

I see Winchester as more the DM of game and not one the players.

As an idea/extra cards, we could have card effects which allow people outside of the game to do things to the people playing.
exalted

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character