Something in the Dark: A Hump in the Night (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Something in the Dark: A Hump in the Night (OOC)

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 am

Something in the Dark is a round-based RP in which the players will play either as the Boss or the Survivors. As the survivor, your task is to escape the map without the Boss raping you, while as the Boss, your objective is to rape every Survivor on the map.

Each round ends once every Survivor has either been raped or escaped, with those who have fulfilled their objective having the points they've earned doubled.

This thread is for declaring your intent to play the first round, after which a new OOC thread will be made where the results of the rolls will be reiterated(They are logged in the Discord server, linked in this post), letting everyone know which map was rolled(Informing everyone of the setting), and who the Survivors and Boss are.

Listed below are all of the mechanics and sheets. Also, if anyone wants to apply to add a Boss to the roster, you can post a sheet in this thread or the Discord, and if enough people express interest, that Boss will be added to the roster to be rolled for with the rest.

Stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

HP: 10(When this reaches zero, the character is considered downed.)

SP: 10(This stat is used for activating skills. While this stat is zero, your character is afflicted with fatigue. Characters recover 2SP per turn while resting.)

Speed: 1 (Character’s physical speed, used to evade attacks, escape, and pass speed checks)

Dex: 1(Character’s skill at performing tasks, used for hit checks and stealth, as well as any delicate tasks which hands are used for.)

Strength: 1(How physically a strong a character is, used for struggles, determining physical damage, and other strength checks.)

Intelligence: 1 (Used for determining how effective SP skills are, and for determining whether they’re successful or not.)

Wisdom: 1(Used for mitigating the effectiveness of SP skills, and resisting status effects.)

Constitution: 1(Used for reducing physical damage and resisting status effects, as well as Constitution Checks.)
Check System:
https://www.wizards.com/d20modern/d20mdice/dice.htm
Melee+bow weapons
1. attacker: (dex+(possible modifiers influencing hit chance)+1d20 diceroll)= attack
2. defender: (1d20+speed+possible modifiers influencing hit chance)= defense
3a. if attack higher than defense, determine damage: (weapon dicerolls+strength)=damage
3b. if attack crits, double damage: ((weapon dicerolls+strength)*2)=damage
3c. if attack misses, sucks to be you.
4. (damage-Constitution)= damage taken (subtract from hp)
Guns
1. attacker: (dex+(possible modifiers influencing hit chance)+1d20 diceroll)= attack
2. defender: (1d20 speed+possible modifiers influencing hit chance)= defense
3a. if attack higher than defense, determine damage: (weapon dicerolls+dex)=damage
3b. if attack crits, double damage: (weapon dicerolls+dex*2)=damage
3c. if attack misses, sucks to be you.
4. (damage-Constitution)= damage taken (subtract from hp)
Skills
1: 1d20+Intelligence=Skill roll
2: 1d20+1d20=Fail roll(If another character is actively attempting to prevent the success of this skill, then skip this step and move to 4.)
3A: If skill roll is higher than fail roll, skill is used. If skill roll targets another character, move to 4.
3B: If skill roll is lower than fail roll, skill fails.
4: 1d20+Wisdom=Skill negation roll.
5A: If Negation Roll is higher than Skill roll, Skill fails.
5B: If Skill roll is higher than Negation Roll, proceed to damage.
5: If skill inflicts damage: (Skill diceroll+Intelligence-Target Wisdom=damage)
Charisma
1: Initiator (Charisma(Possible modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Initiation
2: Target (Charisma(Possible Modifiers influencing Charisma check)1d20 Diceroll)=Resolve
3: If Initiator roll is higher than Resolve roll, initiator is successful.If Resolve wins, Charisma check failed. (Charisma can be used to bribe an NPC out of an item, get favors from NPCs, or convince a monster to switch targets. Sex/Sexual acts can be used as a form of bribe.)
Detection
1: Initiator (Mentality/Wisdom+(Possible modifiers influencing detection check)1d20 Diceroll)=Detection
2: Target (Dexterity(Possible Modifiers influencing hide check)1d20 Diceroll)=Stealth
3: If Detection roll is higher than Stealth roll, initiator is successful and Stealthed target is now fully visible. If Stealth wins, Detection check failed.
Search
1: 1d20+Intelligence=Search roll
2: 1d20+1d20=Fail roll
3A: If search is successful, move to 4
3B: If search fails, sucks to be you.
4: 1d20 is rolled, in accordance with item type, determining whether there’s a 25-75% chance that a strength check is required, or a dex check.
5: 1d20+dex/strength=Claim check
6: 1d20+1d20=Fail check
7A: If check is fails, sucks to be you
7B: If check success, item is obtained
Clothes Break:
Survivors or Bosses can initiate Break Checks to damage a Survivor’s clothing. Doing so will put a -1 Constitution reduction on the target for each article of clothing that is damage by these checks.

A Survivor with damaged clothes gains more Aggro upon failing Skill Checks.
Range:
Range is measured in M, which stands for Meter.

Rounds:

At the start of each round, a dice will be rolled to determine what the setting and boss are. Upon this being decided, a dice is rolled to determine which participating player is going to be playing as the Boss.

At the end of each round, players each gain Points according to their actions. Forcing the Boss into regeneration mode is worth 3 Points, taking an NPC or player out of the match is worth 1 Point, and raping or having sex with another player is worth 2 points each. For the Boss, each player or NPC raped is worth 5 points. Winning players have their points doubled, and between rounds, those points can be used to purchase additional abilities for their characters.

The Survivor:

Survivors are tasked with fulfilling the win condition of each map, which is to escape. There is no time limit, therefor waiting until daylight will not save you, the Survivors must instead find the exit locations on the map they’re playing on, then proceed to collect the supplies and use them appropriately to exit the map. For example, the player may be trapped on a map with a lake, and the exit condition may be to cross that lake. The player must therefore figure out a method to cross that lake, and find associated supplies to make that escape plan a reality. On that map, the lake would, however, not be the only method of escape.

If the Boss catches and downs a Survivor, that Boss may then rape the Survivor, and by doing so, the Boss fulfills a condition to upgrade their stats, trait, or abilities, and takes that Survivor out of the match.

The Boss:

The Boss is the creature roaming each associated map, who is tasked with raping each of the Survivors. Each Survivor that the Boss rapes will make that Boss more powerful during that round, and grant them points to spend between rounds. The Boss wins the match by raping every Survivor, thus preventing them from safely leaving the map.

During and between rounds, additional Bosses can be proposed which, when agreed upon, will then be added to the Roster. Between each round, a Map+Boss is selected at random to be part of the next round’s setting.

After the Boss is rolled for the start of the round, a dice is then rolled for participating players to decide which player is that round’s boss.

Unlike Survivors, the Boss cannot be downed, it instead enters a healing state, before resuming action. During this healing state, the Boss cannot interact with the map or Survivors.
Targeted Attack:
The Boss, while within range of a Survivor, can initiate a Targeted Attack, which allows the Boss to damage the Survivor’s limbs in addition to their HP, by rolling an additional Dexterity check.
Head: Reduce Intelligence by 25%
Arms: Reduce Strength by 25% per arm
Legs: Reduce Speed by 25% per leg

This check can also be used to afflict a target with Bleed instead.

The Map:

Each Boss has a map that they roam, which are selected in tandem with the Boss at the start of each round. Upon rolling for which player is playing as the Boss, the map is already determined with said boss. Each map will have several methods of escape available for survivors to take, and the supplies to succeed in escaping will also be hidden.

Aggro Stacks:

Performing certain actions and failing checks each cause a Survivor to gain Aggro Stacks. These stacks cause the Boss to specifically search for the Survivor who has the most. Upon reaching a certain number of Stacks, the Boss will immediately move to the Survivor’s location. Stacks are removed gradually by resting. Most actions which would cause a Survivor to gain Aggro stacks involve making noise. Aggro stacks will typically only stack up to 5, however, in the case of multiple players having 5, they can stack higher.

When pursuing a character with the highest Aggro Stacks, the Boss gains +1 movement and +25% Speed.

Survivor Character Sheet:

Name:
Age(18+):
Background:(Be sure to include how they got into this situation)
Personality:
Relationship: (Only include this if the other Survivors collaborated with you to make your Survivor part of a group that got into this situation together.)

HP: 10(Stats placed here are doubled)
SP: 10
Speed: 1
Dex: 1
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Wisdom: 1
Constitution: 1

Stat Points: 10
Skills: (Select 3 from the list)

Boss Application Sheets:

Name:
Age(18+):
Background:
Personality:

HP: 10(Stats placed here are doubled)
SP: 10
Speed: 1
Dex: 1
Strength: 1
Intelligence: 1
Wisdom: 1
Constitution: 1

Stat Points: 30

Trait: (Design a passive)
Abilities: (Design 3)
Map:
Special Rule: (If any)

Survivor Skills:

Dodge Roll(3 SP): Evade an attack that would have otherwise been successful.(Once per encounter.)

Forced Adrenaline(2 SP): Take 1 True Damage, then gain +50% Speed, Strength, or Constitution for the next check.

Nullify Blunder(3 SP): If you would gain a stack of Aggro due to a failed check, nullify that stack.

Not Really a White Mage(3 SP): Bandages can each be used twice.

Makeshift Bandage(3 SP): Break a piece of clothing to add a Bandage to your Inventory.

Makeshift Clothing(1 SP): Spend a Bandage to repair a piece of clothing.

U Got Dat(5 SP): Steal 1d4 HP from a nearby Survivor.

I’m not the Survivor You’re Looking For(5 SP): Give all of your Aggro Stacks to a nearby Survivor.

Retry!(5 SP): If a check is failed, re-roll that check.

Cleptomania(2 SP): Steal an item from a nearby Survivor’s inventory.

I’m the One You Want(2 SP): Take one Aggro Stack from a nearby Survivor.

Morale Boost(1 SP): Give a nearby Survivor 1d4 of your HP or SP.

The Shirt Off my Back(2 SP): Break a piece of your Clothing to repair a piece of a nearby Survivor’s clothing.

Have a Nice Trip(3 SP): Your next attack on a Survivor rolls for Stagger.

Tea Time(2 SP): Roll a Charisma Check against a nearby Survivor to convince them to accept a cup of tea, which skill user then decides either restores 1d4 SP or afflicts them with Poison.

Non-Map-Specific Items:

Bandages: Heal a limb or recover 25% of a nearby Survivor’s HP.
Energy Drink: Recover 25% of a nearby Survivor’s SP.
Wooden Board: Stagger a target character with your next melee attack.
Sewing Kit: Repair an article of clothing on a nearby Survivor.
Broken Compass: Locate another Survivor.
Bowl of Salt: Turns black upon the Boss entering a certain radius.
Lock Pick: Unlock a locked door.
Black Pendant: Fully recover from being raped, once the Boss leaves the area.
Flashlight: Can be used to improve detection checks by 50%, or to roll to afflict a target character with Blind.(Chance to break after each use, won’t know until it fails to function on attempted use.)

Discord:

https://discord.gg/ze8KH6y

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Re: Something in the Dark: A Hump in the Night (OOC)

Postby Amaranis A'daragon » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:44 am

(This is a tentative character. I have not gotten word from Ronin that this character is approved, but I want to leave it here cause I don't want to write it out again. XD)

Name: Alexander 'The Minotaur' Matthison
Appearance:

Age(18+): 35
Background: Alexander grew up in a rich family, and was obsessed with Greek culture. The levels of depravity and excess that brought ruin to that empire intrigued him to no end. As he grew older, the depravity he threw himself into became less and less fulfilling, until he had a dream. In this dream, he followed a monster as it roamed a large labyrinth, killing and fucking anything it came across. He awoke, and a sick plan formed in his head. Using what money his family let him use, he created a labyrinth, and challenged anyone who dare to find a prize he left in it's depths. However, little did anyone know, there would be a monster in with them.
The monster from his dreams. The monster he chose to become...

Personality: Alexander has left what humanity he had left behind as he entered the labyrinth. He uses his muscular body to overpower anyone he catches, fully embodying his ideal of the Minotaur.

HP: 24
SP: 12
Speed: 1+5
Dex: 1+2
Strength: 1+6
Intelligence: 1+2
Wisdom: 1+0
Constitution: 1+6

Trait: Dungeon Sense: Alexander has traveled the labyrinth so many times that he has it memorized. He knows every twist and turn in his domain, and cannot be lost.

Abilities: Bull Rush: When Alexander sees a enemy, he gets a sudden burst of adrenaline. He charges at them, gaining a temporary boost to speed while running straight at them. (Speed and cooldown (?) tbd)
Wall Smash: Alexander will grab a hold of any survivor he can and slam them into a wall. (Strength vs strength, attempt to injured two limbs at once.50% chance for 2 random limbs. Cannot cause bleed.)
Strong Smells: Any survivor that Alexander has raped before has had their scent memorized by him. (Alexander can track any survivor with aggro stacks earlier than usual. Reduces the amount of aggro needed by 1 stack per successful rape.)

Map: The Labyrinth - This is a large, underground complex consisting of mostly hallways that are nearly identical. The walls look stone made, but are actually made of modern materials. The rooms that people may find in here are: The Minotaur's Chamber, The Fountain, The Garden, The Dungeon, and the Exhibit.
Special Rule: Identical Hallways - The hallways look so similar, that it is hard to tell one from another. (After a set number of rounds, Survivors have to roll to see if they can recall which directions they have already been.)

Special Map Item: Incense - Used to cover your character's smell, or used to attract Alexander to a specific location.
Sometimes I think i'm crazy, but then my other voice says i'm alright.

I'm not sure if i'm just too creative, or just cant focus on one thing.
Amaranis A'daragon

Postby Phoenixcz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:49 pm

Just a note: light purple text on light blue background is hard to read, and the italics doesn't help. It kinda discourages me from reading the whole thing, which I think is a shame.
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:08 pm

There is a option to change the theme of the forums, me and ronin use a theme that has a dark background, assuming you don't know this its in your control panel, board preferences, My board style... If you do know and continue to use the default then you are a heretic :P
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby Phoenixcz » Thu Apr 25, 2019 9:45 pm

Aaaand now I feel like an idiot for seeing that option for the first time in ~6 years spent on this forum. Great.

Of course, now the color I've picked for in-character talk in some of my games doesn't work. Godsdammit!
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby Littlemankitten » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:37 am

Well, I shall use this post to state my intent to join the next round.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby exalted » Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:05 pm

I'm interested, but have some concerns about progression between rounds. On the surface it appears to be a "Winners Win" system, which is to say that winning gives such an advantage that people who win in one round are likely to win in the next until it snowballs to the point anyone towards the rear at the pack has no chance at all (so why bother playing).

Now I might be missing something, or I'm just seeing the worst case scenario where someone might try to power game the system.
exalted

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:32 pm

exalted Wrote:I'm interested, but have some concerns about progression between rounds. On the surface it appears to be a "Winners Win" system, which is to say that winning gives such an advantage that people who win in one round are likely to win in the next until it snowballs to the point anyone towards the rear at the pack has no chance at all (so why bother playing).

Now I might be missing something, or I'm just seeing the worst case scenario where someone might try to power game the system.

The advantages gained from winning won't improve your stats, they just allow you to start with an extra consumable or allow you to add extra abilities, which are limited by SP. SP skills are limited enough in use, or expensive enough to cast that the benefits are very slight advantages. It's main just an incentive to win instead of intentionally lose(As some people would do). There's also a chance every round that the winning players could end up playing the Boss, in which case it gives someone else a chance to win, since bosses don't(Currently) get to benefit from points. Bosses also earn less points throughout the rounds. You can think of it as playing the judge in Cards Against Humanity.

Also, I tend to make adjustments to my RPs so that things can become more balanced. If something proves unfair for the other players or it's pointed out as a problem, I'll look for alternative mechanics to replace the problem, or adjust it to solve issue.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

RandomRoninKitten

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Fri May 03, 2019 7:52 am

I'm probably going to be making the dicerolls and putting up the Sign-ups for the first round on the 7th.

RandomRoninKitten

Return to Out of Character