Nights on the Maltese (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Nights on the Maltese (OOC)

Postby mrblah » Sun Nov 25, 2018 7:50 am

one of the players fell inactive for like 2 months so currently in the market for anyone interested in filling the new spot.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Blue56 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:17 am

If no one's beat me to the punch, I might just slide on in here.... I'm open to any changes that need to be made. Let me know what you think!

Name: Haley "Hal" Alfonsi
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sex: Female

Background: Haley lived her early years in borderline poverty. Her parents were merchants, and pretty damn good ones at that but they were also the bleeding heart sort who used their skills to get great prices from their suppliers and turned around and made the bare minimum in profit off of it. It was the sort of altruism that made them local heroes, but for a young girl who never got much in the way of toys or nice clothes she wanted, Haley couldn't help but feel a little resentful towards her parents for giving away so much and leaving little for themselves. In her teen years, her life was completely turned around. Her parents had always refused to pay protection to whatever mafia claimed their home as turf, and on this particular day someone had decided enough was enough. Haley managed to find a safe place to hide while her father was gunned down and her mother was hauled off to pay what it was presumed the family owned, never to be seen again.

Haley mourned for quite some time and when that was done, she salvaged what she could from the trashed shop and got to work. She had learned a lot about business from her parents and she put that to good use, only she would do things a bit differently. Going by the name Hal now, she used a silver tongue and shrewd negotiating tactics to extract maximum profit from her customers, and when people in the area started to get wise to her scams or if the mafia started sniffing around she would pack up and move on to the next location. At the start she sold general merchandise, whatever she could get her hands on really, but she soon expanded into arms dealing and from there it wasn't long before she learned how to modify and repair these weapons as well. Selling arms was all well and good but her business model lent itself well to fixing up junk guns just enough that they would look nice and last a few shots before falling apart again. By the time the suckers knew what hit them, she would have already skipped to the next part of town. And of course, if the mafia ever came looking to buy, Hal would rip them off twice as hard as anyone else.

Naturally, this wasn't the most sound of ideas in this town, but Hal figured as long as she avoided the big time families, things would be fine. She was almost right, but when a bad batch of guns got passed on to the Romano's from some poor schmuck she sold them to. Now one of the biggest families around was out for Hal's blood and she had few places left to run to with all the cutthroat business she had been doing. It was here that the Alfonsi family approached her with an offer to join them. Apparently she hadn't been leaving a terrible impression on everybody in the city, but her talent for negotiation and persuasion had been noted by some important people. The thought of working for the mafia made her skin crawl, but there was no denying that it would solve most of Hal's problems. No one would dare touch her if she was working for the toughest bunch in the city. So from that day forward, she was Hal Alfonsi. Her days of running scams were over, instead she was helping to negotiate business deals and inspecting quality of goods for the Alfonsi family.

Personality: A saleswoman to the core, Hal often presents herself as a friendly and easygoing young woman. The kind of person you'd love to kick back and have a drink with... Until you realize just how badly you just got ripped off that is, assuming you ever do. When a situation is presented to her, the first and foremost thought on her mind is how she can profit from it. Hal is a bit of a coward, she would do just about anything to avoid getting into a fight, but she knows her way around a gun and she'll kill if she believes it's the best option for her.
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Family: Alfonsi

Stats: 40

Health: 28
Shield: 10

Perception: 6
Agility: 6
Toughness: 1
Strength: 1
Charisma: 10
Intelligence: 8
Luck: 8

Gear
Weapon: Alfonsi Special
Sub Weapon: Shock Gun
Shield: Shockdrop Shield
Accessory: Eye-Spy
Body: Dark Coat
Inventory: (Leave this blank. You'll get 10 item slots to fill here.)
Ammo: (Leave this blank too.)
Credit Chit: 1000
Blue56

Postby mrblah » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:52 am

that's all probably fine, but there's something i think i forgot to mention.

i recently changed the uses of the 'toughness' stat, so now it works as a permanent health boost equal to half of its value. if you didn't know this before, then you can respec as you need to.
mrblah

Postby Blue56 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:13 am

Is that in addition to or replacing the initial d6 to add extra health? In the case of the former, I'll keep it the same but if it's the latter I'll probably make adjustments.
Blue56

Postby mrblah » Wed Nov 28, 2018 6:01 pm

in addition to the d6. it actually might be more accurate to say that the d6 is the bonus and your toughness stat is part of the process of calculating your health.
mrblah

Postby mrblah » Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:19 pm

also, you should join the discord. we do the battles there and other stuff.
mrblah

Previous

Return to Out of Character