Pokemon: Black Hole Sun (OOC)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Pokemon: Black Hole Sun (OOC)

Postby Littlemankitten » Wed May 09, 2018 4:43 am

Hello! After much (little) deliberation. I have chosen to GM a new pokemon RP. With a small twist.

This RP begins in Pallet town, with the players receiving their starter Pokemon, each level 5. The players MAIN objective will be to obtain every badge, from each gym. Players, however, will be allowed to travel as they please and form their own stories.
Mechanically, the main point of player stats will be for passing skill checks, not for combat. While Pokemon are capable of attacking Trainers, though it is generally frowned upon, Trainers will be hurt semi-realistically, rather than taking damage to an HP stat.

However, rather than dice-rolling and taking turns posting like in almost every other RP, battles in this RP will be simulated via Pokemon Showdown: https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/
All will take place in the "anything goes" category and replay links will be posted in the Discord Server’s Replay Channel for verification.

Players will keep their Pokemon at the level that the RP specifies the Pokemon is at the time, and will select their Pokemon’s attacks from what it available to the Pokemon at their level. For example, a level 5 Rattata will have Tackle, Quick Attack, and Tail Whip. A good source for determining pokemons skills is this website: https://pokemondb.net/

Pokemons leveling will be decided by in RP XP amounts awarded based on the battle. Player leveling will be decided upon specific actions, gaining badges, defeating other trainers, etc.

Loot can be gained by exploration, battles, and as rewards. Loot will usually range from items to moves that you can have your pokemon learn. However, it is possible to gain items that will help the trainer directly.

Traveling from location to location will occur by selecting a location on the map to travel to, and taking a semi-realistic amount of turns to travel there. Each player’s location will be kept track of on the map, each player having their own different-colored block to represent them on the map. While traveling from location to location, players will also be allowed to explore those areas. Players will also be intercepted by Pokemon and Trainers on their way from location to location, giving them battles against NPCs. Wild Pokemon and NPCs will, of course, be controlled by the Game Master.

At each city that would have a Market and a Pokemon Center will, of course, have one. At the Pokemarts, players will have options for what items to buy with the money that they earned from battles, however, money will be very tight in this RP and should be used sparingly.

Furthermore, one of the few differences between this Pokemon World and the mainstream ones, will be a team called “Black Hole Sun”, who are a group of outlaws, who generally do whatever they like, from stealing Pokemon, to raping and hurting seemingly random people. All Trainers should be aware, and watch out for them. The police are bribed by them for the most part and won’t be much help.

Please join the discord server as well. https://discord.gg/6E8a3VP

Starting pokemon(Only one Player can choose each Pokemon):

Rattata
Whismur
Zigzagoon
Teddiursa
Lickitung
Lillipup

Character sheet:

Name:
Appearance:
Background:
Starting Pokemon:

Trainer Stats(Stats are for skill checks, such as catching a pokemon, lifting something heavy, outrunning an enemy, etc. Your Pokemon’s stats will be determined and managed in Pokemon Showdown. You have 30 stat points to allocate):

Strength: [How physically strong your Trainer is.]
Intelligence: [How intelligent your trainer is.]
Charisma: [How charismatic your trainer is.]
Dexterity: [How dextrous your character is.]
Speed: [How fast your Trainer is, in terms of action and reaction.]
Technique:[How skillful your character is with the technical aspects of their actions.]

If you have any questions, complaints, ideas or I missed anything, please let me know.
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Re: Pokemon: Black Hole Sun (OOC)

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Wed May 09, 2018 5:25 am

Character sheet:

Name: Ariane Halifax
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Background: Ariane was born and raised in Lavender Town, but at the age of 14, she had grown tired of the place, due to how calm and boring it was, as Ariane wanted adventure. Taking it into her own hands, as the brash and impulsive girl she is, because her family was perfectly fine with their situation, she left Lavender Town in search of her own Pokemon. On her way through route 12, she encountered a Slowpoke, which she decided would be her first Pokemon. However, because she impulsively left home without preparing, she neither had a way to subdue, nor catch the Pokemon, and because of this, she was viciously raped by the aforementioned Slowpoke. Due to the particular Pokemon, it was agonizingly slow, and the rape took hours, upon hours. When the Pokemon was finally done with her, and wandered off, she blacked out. When she finally came to, it appeared that she had exchanged hands, between Pokemon, who would drag her a short distance, and have their way with her, then leave her for the next Pokemon, who would then do the same, and she had exchanged hands so frequently, that she had ended up just outside of Pallet Town. However, she had survived due to a traveling family taking her in and nursing her back to health.

Ariane never truly recovered, and to this day, she still fears and despises Water-Type Pokemon, and especially Slowpokes. Not only this, but as a result, she is also prone to panic attacks, and tends to get angry very easily. She's still impulsive, but not nearly as much so as she used to be.

Starting Pokemon: Rattata

Trainer Stats(Stats are for skill checks, such as catching a pokemon, lifting something heavy, outrunning an enemy, etc. Your Pokemon’s stats will be determined and managed in Pokemon Showdown. You have 30 stat points to allocate):

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 5
Dexterity: 7
Speed: 5
Technique: 7
Last edited by RandomRoninKitten on Wed May 09, 2018 6:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby mrblah » Wed May 09, 2018 6:45 am

Name: Alto Cosmos
Appearance:

Background: Alto Cosmos is the son of Omar Cosmos, a former crime boss who once led his own Team, now behind bars for his criminal ways. He was raised by his mother, Cirrus Cosmos, and the two used to live in Unova, but came to Kanto for a change of scenery and to get away from the notoriety their family had. The Cosmos name had gotten the two of them in much trouble before, and Alto would often get involved with fights in and out of school, defending himself and his family name. The amount of trouble the two suffered caused Alto to despise his father for bringing it all to them, and he'd always swear to himself that he'd never grow up to follow his father's footsteps.

His actions don't always match his promises, however. Alto's violent childhood of living in the poorer parts of Unova changed him to be quite a ruffian, quick to throw fists and slow to calm down. His hotheaded nature had been the cause of many headaches for his mother. Alto also had always wanted to be a Pokemon trainer, as his mother was a reputable and recognized trainer in her old days before Omar and her met, and she'd often tell him tales of her adventures at bedtime.

Now, the Cosmos family were living in the quiet Pallet Town, something Alto despised, but they didn't have enough money to move anywhere else. Pallet Town was too small. Too old and quiet for a free spirit like him. At least the dumps of Castelia City had the rest of Castelia to explore and all the technology. Pallet Town was as rural as it got, and very quiet, so Alto would often go wandering out of town despite what the old people told him.
Starting Pokemon: Teddiursa

Trainer Stats

Strength: 7
Intelligence: 3
Charisma: 4
Dexterity: 3
Speed: 7
Technique: 6
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Firehead » Wed May 09, 2018 3:08 pm

Name: Drex Kilt
Appearance:
Background: Born and raised in Golden Rod City. Living out a rather quiet life with a small group of very close friends. As is common with youths, he always had an interest in Pokemon and their trainers even while finding the idea of battling a little intimidating. Still, he did all he could to know more about Pokemon. It was a pleasant little life in which he had grown comfortable, but all of that soon changed.

One day his father, a low-level Silph Co. researcher, was transferred to Kanto. A rather quiet boy to begin with, he had trouble adjusting to the new surroundings and in making new friends after moving away from the old. He tried to fit in but found himself intimidated by frequent questions from curious people about his life in Johto. His parents realizing the difficulty he was having, encouraged him to try the Kanto Pokemon league. Surely, a Pokemon would make a good friend and challenging the league would give him the chance to meet other trainers. Now having only lived in the region about a month, Drex stood outside the lab of Professor Oak his hand hesitating as it rested on the door.

Starting Pokemon: Zigzagoon

Trainer Stats:

Strength: 3
Intelligence: 8
Charisma: 3
Dexterity: 4
Technique: 7
Firehead

Postby HarleyLocal605 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:52 am

I regret to inform that i am withdrawing.
Last edited by HarleyLocal605 on Sun May 27, 2018 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
HarleyLocal605

Postby Firehead » Tue May 22, 2018 3:18 am

What's the word on this? We still on?
Firehead

Postby Nobudi » Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 am

Sorry for the lateness. BBCode is a bitch to remember.

Name: Skye Azur
Appearance:

Background:

Originally from Hoenn, Skye came from a simple, ordinary family. Too bad that's the kind of family that she didn't want. Oh, don't get her wrong, she loves her family. It was just... nothing new ever happened, each day was a repeat of the last, and the last thing Skye wanted to see was herself growing old and passing each day by without really living. Things came to a head one day when tourists from a distant land began to get friendly with her. They were just such handsome, charming guys, how could she say no? Her first time was not gentle. It was a gangbang of young men forcing their way into her and ravaging her with all they had. When they left her naked and dripping on the floor, money tossed at her like a cheap whore, she smiled, as she found the thing missing in her life.

Eventually, her parents found out about her and were unable to deal with her, forcing her into exile from her home. She was given only a ticket and enough time to pack a handful of clothing and her pokemon. Her destination was Kanto. Vermillion City.

Starting Pokemon: Lillipup

Strength: 5
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 5
Dexterity: 5
Technique: 5
Nobudi

Postby RandomRoninKitten » Tue May 22, 2018 6:20 pm

Firehead Wrote:What's the word on this? We still on?

Yes, we were just seeing if anyone else wanted to join, since we were shooting for six. Five is fantastic, six is optimal. At this point, I think LMK will probably start preparing the IC post.

Carnival of Rust RP Chat(Please join if playing, makes things so much easier): https://discord.gg/Ahdg2SX

The Unofficial Legend of Krystal Forum Discord Chat:
https://discord.gg/Z8KtzqT
RandomRoninKitten

Postby Littlemankitten » Tue May 22, 2018 9:37 pm

Yea sorry for the delay, wanted one more person, and in the period of waiting slightly forgot to check the thread for said new person in the first place. IC post will happen soonish, today to 2 days from now most likely
Littlemankitten

Postby Littlemankitten » Thu May 31, 2018 10:28 pm

Sorry guys, but I'm going to have to put this RP on hold. I currently am playing and running to many similarly styled RP's right now. (as in the catch and battle with monsters/creatures) With me co-GMing WHYD which deals with capturing monster girls, being part of a Digimon RP, and GMing a similar thing on a discord server, that would mean I would be part of four RP's of similar mechanics. While I by no means want to put this RP to the grave. (once I regain interest in this I'll start it back up) I will for now, have to say that I no longer want to do this for now. I apologize for leading you guys on and inconveniencing you.
Littlemankitten

Postby Leo Sernalia » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:01 am

Mind if I join in once I get my ten posts in?
Leo Sernalia

Return to Out of Character