Filled By Daylight (CS Welcome)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Filled By Daylight (CS Welcome)

Postby MiscChaos » Fri May 25, 2018 4:37 pm

That's perfectly fine! Take your time with it. Like I said, I'm not planning on launching for a few more days so I can iron out kinks, generate a map, all that jazz
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby Phoenixcz » Sun May 27, 2018 7:29 pm

I'm not familiar with DbD, so I don't know what half the terms used in the OP means, but I could get some meaning out of the context. Anyway, here's the CS:

Survivor
Name: Alexandra "Lexa" Palmer.
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Backstory: Lexa isn't much more than normal, if nerdy, young woman. She lives alone in a rented apartment and has decent, though somewhat boring to her, office job. She's not very social, it's not that she dislikes people, but she's always prefered books to partying or similar forms of entertainment. With the amount of sci-fi and fantasy she's familiar with, she may be a bit genre-savvy.

Perks:

Hyper Focus- Reduces Repair, Sabotage, Healing, and Searching by (1/2/2) turn(s) while Naked.
Unlocked at Level 5
Unlocked at Level 10
Unlocked at Level 15

Items:
Add-Ons:
Offerings:
Current Cumpoints: 0
Cumpoints needed to level up: 1000
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby devilbird » Mon May 28, 2018 3:33 am

Well, after finally playing a few rounds of the game in question, I have learned: that I suck at it.

Anyways, a few questions if you please. If a character is eliminated during a match, is there anything a player can do to participate? Or do they just get to watch the thread until it's time for a new trial? Also, if a character is eliminated during a match, can that character be used again in future matches? Or will we need to create a new character?
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Mon May 28, 2018 3:27 pm

Phoenixcz Wrote:I'm not familiar with DbD, so I don't know what half the terms used in the OP means, but I could get some meaning out of the context. Anyway, here's the CS:

If you need clarification or anything like that, let me know. I have no problems explaining any of the terms!

devilbird Wrote:Anyways, a few questions if you please. If a character is eliminated during a match, is there anything a player can do to participate? Or do they just get to watch the thread until it's time for a new trial?

Huh, I actually hadn't thought of that. Now that I have, I'll come up with something that allows eliminated characters some sort of interaction for the simple reason of I have no idea how long a match can go on. I mean, it would be EXTREMELY dull to be eliminated in turn 5 of a 30 turn match or something similar and just twiddle your thumbs until it's done. Maybe a description on what's going on after being sacrificed or something. I'll figure it out.

devilbird Wrote:Also, if a character is eliminated during a match, can that character be used again in future matches? Or will we need to create a new character?

Nah, it'll be like the original game in that the character comes right back, able to be used again. If you want to create extra characters that you can switch between matches or can have in a different match while one's going on, I don't mind.

devilbird Wrote:Well, after finally playing a few rounds of the game in question, I have learned: that I suck at it.

I know that feel. I'm not that great either. I mostly play as the Killer though and I only have the basics so I don't have the really OP Killers.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:50 pm

I apologize for the extra wait everyone! Basically what it boiled down to is I was looking for something to make more detailed maps with because the one I've made with pyromancers is... more basic than I would've liked. Basically I allowed my more perfectionist streak to lead me into finding something better. I'm still playing with that, but I don't want to keep ya'll waiting forever so the first post will be later today! I already have a map created so I'll roll off that for now.

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:36 am

First post is away! I'm currently working on modifying the map for each of you so that I can give you a visual of what your character can see. I'll either edit them into your post or PM them to you in a short while.

EDIT: Scratch that. I somehow managed to fuck up the base PSD file in photoshop even though I never saved. So I basically can't create a view for each character anymore. I did Henrietta, but that's it since the rest of it is FUBAR

EDIT EDIT: Managed to recreate the map. And then improved it. So yeah, original plan stands. I'll most likely edit in everyone's viewpoint, but otherwise I'll PM it

MiscChaos

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:53 am

Alright, everyone's current map is edited in! Take a look over everything and if you feel you need to edit your post to take new details (Because of characters did get some new details), then go for it.

MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Sat Jun 02, 2018 8:28 am

i have a few questions regarding the map; what do the red broken lines mean (aura, i presume)? and the solid black line? i assume that the other half of the map is the downstairs part.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:03 pm

The red broken lines are windows Survivors can jump through. The Solid black lines are solid walls. And yep, that long line is the division between upstairs and downstairs.

MiscChaos

Postby Phoenixcz » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Yeah, map key would be nice. Also, IMO, the black line are hard to see (I haven't noticed them before you've mentioned in your post)
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MiscChaos » Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Can do. I'll thicken those black lines up in the future and make a key for the less obvious components. Thank ya'll for the feedback! The balancing and map making and everything is still a WIP so any feedback can only help

MiscChaos

Postby devilbird » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:27 am

So I guess that black squiggle on my map is the stairs? Also, might I recommend some random furniture to help populate the map, both aesthetically and as obstacles? Not only would that help make future chases more excitince, it would give some of these random pallets things to be propped up against, so that they aren't just floating in place. Like wise, floating windows that aren't attached to any wall.
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Jun 03, 2018 1:11 pm

Yes, those are stairs. I just selected a rather poor icon for it it seems. I'll try to find a more obvious icon for it in the near future. And random furniture was actually a part of the first map I made. It was a lot more labyrinth like in the first draft with walls and couches and such spread all over the place. It still is somewhat, but, like the idiot I am, I didn't SAVE the final draft of my first map before I accidentally destroyed it. So some of the details got lost since I didn't remember the exact placement of every obstacle. But each pallet is meant to be leaning between two walls and the windows are attached to walls even if those walls appear to come out of nowhere. Similar-ish to the actual game in that regards. But yeah, I've been building the parts of the map ya'll don't see to improve this and try to get it back to the level it was in the first draft. It was just... irritating to work so much on it and then lose it all and have to recreate it because I was a bit of an idiot.

MiscChaos

Postby devilbird » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:12 pm

Fair enough
devilbird

Postby devilbird » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Well, I was gonna start making a small roster of survivors and rapists for me to play as, but it won't let me use any images for the appearance. Anyone know what's going on?
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:29 pm

What do you mean? Are the images not showing up or what?

MiscChaos

Postby devilbird » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:19 am

They're showing up as broken images for me. I should also point out that while I can see the other images in this thread, phoenix's also shows up as broken for me. First time I got to see the character was on their map.
devilbird

Postby MiscChaos » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:55 am

Huh. That's odd. Phoenix's image shows up just fine for me. Anyone else getting this same issue?

MiscChaos

Postby Nobudi » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:20 am

Have you tried to clear your caches? Because I can see them fine. Though a few of my older images are broken too... But that might be for a different reason.
Nobudi

Postby devilbird » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:39 am

cleared, but still shows up as broken. It does this on both my phone and my comp
devilbird

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character