Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

Postby mrblah » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:15 am

it's cool, though now we've got only 2 players, with one of them not posting in over a week. think this is probably dead, but if you two still here want to continue, then i'm up for it. i'll try to rush things a bit more, though, to get to a more interesting part. if not, then i'm probably just gonna drop the story and the plot twist i had for this in here and name it dead. possibly literally name it dead, if possible to begin with.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Littlemankitten » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:44 am

I'm still up for it!
I hurt you, I heal you, I hurt you again. That's the pattern.
Littlemankitten

Postby mrblah » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:11 am

sweet. i was waiting for lord butts, but it's been too long. gonna skip him for now. and i suppose i can just leave this open instead of closing it and moving to the private games section. since that's more work, though i was considering it.
mrblah

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 am

Would you be willing to consider one more? I've been away for a while and would like to dip my toes back into things.
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...
Moderator primarily hanging out in the RP section
Also, ran the Pokemon RP!

Need to contact the moderation team?
MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:07 am

sure thing. always room 'til this thing dies.
mrblah

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Character's Full Name: Olivia “Vivi” Oakerson
Place of Residence: Asakusa
Appearance:Image

Nationality: American
Personality/Backstory: Vivi for the most part acts like a normal person with a good heart. But a little observation would reveal something just a little… off. Maybe it’s a too gaze too intense to be casual, maybe it’s all the scars across her body suggesting more fights than a person of her temperament should get into. Maybe it’s the fact that at the right provocation that mask would slip right off, revealing the crazed, murderous sociopath beneath.
Vivi has been a professional killer of men since she was 15. She was picked up by a gang in her area and, after teaching them the mistake of trying to make her their whore, became their enforcer instead. Eventually her reputation outgrew the gang and, after slaughtering them to keep her identity secret, became a freelance hitwoman by the handle “Cheshire Grin”. That also became her calling card, carving a massive smile across her target’s face and to connect their kidneys.
She enjoys the game, staying one step ahead of the police while she carves her targets to pieces, avoiding getting her face on a wanted poster simply because no one lived who knew what she looked like. One day, a contract lead her out to Japan. It was a good opportunity to let the heat die down a bit in America, so she took it and decided to lay low for a bit.
Relationships with anyone: None. Can’t have anyone revealing her face to the police, can she?
Sexuality: Pansexual
Talents: She’s good enough at sewing to use it to make money on the side while the heat’s on between hits. She also has some first aid skills, though she’s more likely to use the knowledge of the human body to destroy it.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: If she had to choose one moment that lead her down her path, Vivi would have to say it was when she was 14 and caught her father killing her mother. Her home life was steadily devolving, with heated arguments that seemed to shake the house becoming the norm every night. Occasionally even the sound of striking could be heard, though who initiated it is anyone’s guess. This led to many sleepless nights for Vivi as she worried and fretted over her parents and how they were going get through this and what it meant for her. At the height of it all, she was little more than a zombie, shambling through the day.
That’s when she began to hear a voice in her head. It whispered to her, “You would know peace if the both of them were dead.” Naturally she ignored the voice but it became more and more insistent, adding on to her mental stress. The one day, she returned home from school and found, as usual, her parents were arguing in the kitchen again. She remembers hearing “THERE’S ONLY ONE WAY YOU’RE LEAVING ME!” then there was a metallic scent in the air. She turned the corner to behold her father had cut her mother’s throat open and she was slowly drowning in her own blood, her father with a demented, gleeful smile on his face. Something in Vivi just… snapped. The voice finally got what it wanted.
So she grabbed a carving knife and stabbed it into his kidney. Did the other one too just to be safe. As he slowly died from a combination of blood loss and toxic shock, she could only laugh. A hysterical, crazed affair with a grin that would have reminded her a lot of the one on her father’s face if she could’ve seen it. That was the moment she considered herself insane and the one that taught her with a little speed and know-how, one can kill with so little effort it’s laughable.
Associated God: Lyssa- Goddess of Madness
Birth Month: August
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives, daggers, any bladed weapon she can move swiftly with really.
Inventory: Coded copy of her contract, cellphone, small sewing set
Current Weapon: 8” carving knife, the kind found in almost any kitchen. Currently taped to the underside of her left arm. Sharpened it herself(+1 Agility)
Kinks: Domination. In her mind you don’t deserve her if you can’t overpower or otherwise trick her into it. She deserves everything she can take from you if you can’t do likewise. Because of this, she’s very liable to violate anyone she defeats in combat before she kills them.
Abilities:
Rampage [When in doubt, go crazy. Your character becomes Crazed, dealing more damage (and subsequently taking less, as well) depending on how hurt you were when entering it. Based on percentages, can only be used once per combat, and lasts for however long your character feels in danger.]
Blatant Insanity [Your carefully created mask... slips, letting all see you for what you truly are. Everyone seeing your character deals half damage, and weaker opponents are momentarily Stunned for 3 turns.]
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOCEvBGF7GI
LVL: 1

STATS:
STAMINA:
WITS: 3
GRIT: 2
AGILITY: 5 (+1)
SKILL: 3
VITALITY: 2
There's organized chaos, then there's normal chaos. And then there's miscellaneous chaos...

MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:37 am

looks fine to me. though, i admit that i'm disturbed by the "rape before killing" thing (since it could borderline necrophilia), but as long as that's toned down, this is acceptable. i'll send you the ability list in a bit, and add you to the next post.
mrblah

Postby MiscChaos » Sun Nov 05, 2017 3:03 am

I didn't envision it to be that bad. It's more like she'd beat you til you're incapacitated, then if she wants she may rape you. She won't actually get to the killing until she's done with that. Necro is NOT one of her fetishes (or mine).

MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:25 pm

ah, thought you meant that she'd be raping someone and then she'd just kill them immediately after she's done in some kind of gory fashion. apologies for the misunderstanding, then.
mrblah

Postby MiscChaos » Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:13 pm

Sorry about the hold up! Life interfered for a bit so I wasn't able to get back onto the forums

MiscChaos

Postby mrblah » Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:01 pm

it's cool. those things happen.
mrblah

Postby mrblah » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:52 pm

so, this rp's on its way to the graveyard. i decided to make this official and just call it, but i got a message from someone interested in continuing and i figured i should check to see if anyone else shared such an opinion.
feel free to pm me if you do, or reply to this message here, and we can work something out.
mrblah

Previous

Return to Out of Character