Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

Postby A183Z » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:36 am

Finally home, and I've edited my CS, if you'd like me to add to it, just ask, I'll be happy to.

I do lke the idea of hunting down a Bunny Moon Goddess, though, seems like an interesting topic for another time.
A183Z

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:09 am

mrblah Wrote:i'm assuming they try to kill demons, only for some of them to get captured and sexually assaulted by old enemies.

Taimanin; setting standards for ninjas since prehensible tentacles became a thing.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby mrblah » Sun Jul 02, 2017 10:02 am

looking at your character's backstory, i believe there may have been some miscommunication regarding this rp's nature. this is indeed a supernatural thing going on, but not quite on the level of devils and demons. more like ghosts and eldritch-like monsters. said creatures also would only appear within the phenomena, meaning there wouldn't be much pay in an exorcist-type job in tokyo. especially since the abrahamic religions aren't as powerful there, in general. there wouldn't really be anything to exorcise.

oh, and your character doesn't have an associated god.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby A183Z » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:42 am

While this is true, some families carry out traditions very strictly, but if you really want me to, I can still change it
A183Z

Postby mrblah » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:53 am

if it's not a deal-breaker, i'd like you to.
mrblah

Postby Urzamax » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:06 am

(Hello there! Is this still accepting joins? If so, then here is a lady I’ve cobbled together. She’s a little rough around the edges, since it took me a bit to arrive at her final design, so please ask for clarification on anything you may need. New to the forum, so please also let me know if I'm missing something painfully obvious.)

Character's Full Name: Danielle “Dani” Johnson (My brain is weird. “Strange” names are easy for me. You need an elf or an orc name? Give me thirty seconds and you’ll have one with identifiable linguistic roots and a backstory of its own. But a “mundane”, standard sort of name? Hang on, I need to pull out the random generators.)
Place of Residence: Kichijoji (was visiting cousin)
Appearance: Dani is a well-built, black-haired and bronze-skinned woman. She’s about 5’2”, but every modest inch of her is packed with lean muscle. She doesn’t have the engorged muscles of a body builder, but rather the build of a wrestler or rock climber (think Cammy from the Street Fighter series). She could easily fill a B-cup, and it might be uncomfortably tight depending on the cut.
On the day the Red City descended, Dani was wearing a loose blue tank top and khaki shorts, and a sports bra. She was jogging to meet her cousin on the campus of her school.
Nationality: Brazilian
Personality/Backstory: Dani is a strong woman in more ways than one. She mostly grew up on the ever-shrinking family farm, her parents and older siblings eventually reduced to little more than sharecroppers on their own land by the vast international companies which increasingly began to dominate Brazil. Finally her father died when Dani was 10, working on a stubborn tractor that crushed him beneath its treads when it came roaring to life, and her mother gave up what remained of the farm and used the little money she earned from the sale to move the family to Rio de Janeiro.

Unfortunately, what she could afford was only a hop, a skip, and a jump from the favela, the tight-packed, violent slums of Brazil. The family pulled together as best they could, and Dani especially learned to navigate and even love the often-vibrant world of the favela. But over the years of Dani’s adolescence, her siblings came of age and pulled away to make their own lives, with varying degrees of success, and her mother’s health decayed further and further. At last, her mother lost the battle against cancer, caught far too late to stop, and Dani’s brothers and sisters were scattered throughout Brazil and the world.

Thankfully, their combined family finances had made their mother’s last days relatively comfortable ones, though the family home had been entirely absorbed into the expanding slums by then. Dani, now 17, had stayed by her side until the end. A month later, she entered the always-beleaguered Rio police force, and started patrolling the slums, doing it in large part to keep her neighbors safe as they had done for her for so many years. The neighborhood responded gratefully, and Dani was soon one of the few cops with a web of contacts that she neither had to pay for nor accept bribes from.

Dani puts little stock in rules, regulations, or “how things are done”. That’s not to say that she’s clean, innocent, or has taken no bribes—in Rio, clean cops don’t last eleven years—but she does always keep her goals in focus: To protect innocent people, especially the ones that usually aren’t given protection. She’s not very attached to the police force as a whole, but she is very fond of some of the people in it.

Dani is level-headed even under fire, and is among the fittest, strongest and most stubborn cops on the force, man or woman. Dani greatly enjoys sex and isn’t picky about her partners, though she does like to be sure that everyone is having as good a time as she is. She uses it as a sort of relief valve for all the stresses she comes under in the course of her duty. Outside of combat or other high-pressure situations, she takes on a relaxed, laid-back air about most everything, almost a lackadaisical drawl.

Alignment: Chaotic Good
Relationships with anyone: NPC cousin; NPC brother (optional)
Sexuality: Proudly Pansexual
Talents: Dani can field-strip and reassemble almost any standard firearm in under a minute.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: It’s not the ones you kill that stick with you. It’s the ones you fail to stop. In Dani’s case, it was a serial killer who targeted comparatively well-to-do prostitutes, many of whom Dani had built contacts and friendships with. Her department tracked the killer on and off for months, Dani leading the charge, and finally found their murderer in the highest echelons of Rio’s society. He was untouchable without the most totally ironclad of cases—which they just didn’t have and couldn’t get. He’d covered his tracks too well for anything to stick. Even his name was stricken from the records. That was when Dani went on leave and headed to Japan, ostensibly to visit her brother and a cousin there. She’s been gone for three weeks and doesn’t know when or even if she will return to Brazil. Every time she thinks of home right now, it does little more than make her angry.
Associated God: Tyr
Birth Month: February
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Sidearms
Inventory: Satchel; Tampons, Bottles of Water (3), Snack Bars (5), Truncheon, Cell phone
Current Weapon: Truncheon (+2 Grit)
Kinks: Consent, Bondage (Self and Others), multiple penetration/groupsex, cosplay, lubrication (On an OOC level, I ask only to avoid pregnancy, loli, blood, and vore. I can work with most anything else, though incest makes me uncomfortable. Bondage and lubrication are more Dani’s thing than mine, and neither of us like rape very much, especially committing rape, but I’ll work with it if it happens.)
Abilities: (TBD)

LVL: 1

STATS:
STAMINA: 36
WITS: 3
GRIT: 4 (+2)
AGILITY: 2
SKILL: 3
VITALITY: 3
Last edited by Urzamax on Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Urzamax
Newly Registered

Postby mrblah » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:35 pm

looks pretty good. only thing i'd ask you to change is the favorite kind of weapons. forgot to mention it, but there can only be one kind your character prefers most. also, you gotta get that newly registered sticker off you. as is now, you can't pm anyone and your posts need moderator approval, which would complicate things. so, i suggest heading to general and doin' somethings over there. like making an introduction thread, or playing any of the games ongoing there. responding to literally anything anyone says to you also seems to work rather well, so i also suggest that.

in the meantime since i'm impatient; do you have any preferences for your cousin and your brother? i'd ask this through a pm, but of course, you wouldn't be able to respond.
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:23 pm

Hey, is this still open? If so I'd like to play. If not that's cool too.
Lord Butts

Postby mrblah » Thu Jul 06, 2017 10:16 pm

sure, we're open until we reach 9 players. currently have three confirmed, two unconfirmed.
mrblah

Postby Lord Butts » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:05 pm

Character's Full Name: Giovanni Hector De Luca.
Place of Residence: Asakusa.
Appearance:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Nationality: Italian.
Personality/Backstory: Giovanni comes from a wealthy life, not a good life, or a happy life, but a wealthy one. His father was a high ranking mafioso in Italy, meaning money was in abundance. Also in abundance were violence, booze and hookers, none of which are good for a growing lad. But that was his role to play, and he played it well. After his father passed Giovanni climbed the ranks for himself, landing him a job to make contact with the Yakuza to make some international deals. He gained a reputation for being brutal with any who wronged him, dishing back out twice or three times what he got in return, you blacken his eye, he takes your head. That being said he's very reasonable with his allies and friends, so long as they don't cross him.

Relationships with anyone: Yakuza contact (If that's okay)
Sexuality: Straight outside of Red City, anything goes inside.
Talents: Negotiating, knife play, procuring illegal goods.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Father was killed in front of him in a brutal takeover. Giovanni was spared, and later got his revenge, but it did nothing to dull the pain.
Associated God: Invidia. (Goddess of revenge)
Birth Month: January.
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives (Specifically trench knives)
Inventory: Cellphone, flask of gin, matches, a box of cigars.
Current Weapon: A set of large rings used as brass knuckles (+1 grit)
Kinks: Outside of Red City vanilla, inside Red City, anything goes.
Abilities: Dirty Play [Attack an enemy who's unaware of your presence, dealing double damage and stunning them for a single turn. Can be used indefinitely.}
Vengeance [Tank an attack from one source taking all of the damage and immediately launching your own in response, which deals damage equal to twice the amount you took. Can be used twice per combat.]
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QqVCed7f4M
LVL: 1 (starter level don't change this)

STATS:
STAMINA:34
WITS:1
GRIT:6 (+1)
AGILITY:2
SKILL:4
VITALITY:2
Last edited by Lord Butts on Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Butts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:13 pm

I will unfortunately be away for about 8 days starting tomorrow. As far as I'm aware, I will only have access to mobile wi-fi, if that. I will be a lot less active starting tomorrow. Just so that people are aware.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:38 pm

got it.

and the app looks good. i'll pm you your list of abilities and the other thing in a bit.
mrblah

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:10 am

My laptop is currently being fixed. Hopefully I'll get it back in two days and be able to post
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby mrblah » Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:59 am

gotcha. thanks for letting us know.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:04 am

How come all characters here some kind of dark past connected to crime in some form of way? I mean, I made my character before looking at the backstory of the two previous ones, yet the theme goes on.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:30 pm

dunno. guess it's just one big coincidence. though, now that you mention it, if there's another app they might try to break said theme.
mrblah

Postby starwacher » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:05 pm

now that point it out that does seam to be a trend I really need learn how to improve my editing skills. :(
starwacher

Postby Lord Butts » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:37 pm

Part of it might be that we were asked to include a tragic event, tragedy and crime go hand in hand.
Lord Butts

Postby Urzamax » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:50 pm

Lord Butts Wrote:Part of it might be that we were asked to include a tragic event, tragedy and crime go hand in hand.

Indeed, on both ends of the criminal spectrum.

Thanks mrblah, I'll fix that up and hopefully get on to general soon!
Urzamax
Newly Registered

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:How come all characters here some kind of dark past connected to crime in some form of way? I mean, I made my character before looking at the backstory of the two previous ones, yet the theme goes on.

I noticed that too, although to be fair I was intentionally going for an extreme of the spectrum with someone that acts completely normal and good but also has a dark side. I wasn't even sure if Darius would be accepted when I wrote him since he isn't very normal. At the very least it should give everyone something to keep their characters interesting.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character