Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

Postby mrblah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:13 pm

Red City OOC

It's another RP, woo hoo. This RP idea was made by combining many elements from many different and interesting creative works. The center piece being that trash anime 11eyes. I highly recommend not watching it. You don't have to watch it to properly participate in this, anyways. For starters, I should first say before you read anything else, that this will be my first time GMing on this site. I'm fairly confident I'll do well, but if you see something amiss, feel free to speak up.

Introduction

You currently reside in Tokyo. You could be visiting, you could be staying, you could be a native, or a foreigner... none of that matters. You were just in the wrong place at the wrong time. Now you're in some form of Tokyo copy, underneath a red sky and a black moon. The city's still populated, but everyone seems lost and out of it. All of them... except for you, your team, and a few other individuals. Now, all that you need to do is survive the night. Though, with the amount of crazy people running around, the dark and sinister entities that lurk, and the other various mysteries that are within this place, that might be a little complicated. You'll have to use your WITS, GRIT, AGILITY, SKILL, and your VITALITY to win. But first, you've gotta get back home and get a weapon...

The Red City is a strange, supernatural phenomena. It's an almost perfect copy of Tokyo, with a red sky and a black moon being the two main differences. The other is that the inhabitants of this place are mostly dull, expressionless people, as if they were zoned out on some kind of drug. There are also people who are in fact, conscious. Awake. These people can either be your enemies, or your friends. All of the signs in the Red City have lost their words, as has all of the books. Not even cell phones seem to work. The City is always at the right temperature, though sometimes mist "randomly" forms in certain places. The sky is always cloudless and starless, with only one big black moon to keep it from seeming empty.
Mechanics

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

So, you've probably guessed from the emphasis I put on them, but the main stats in this game are WITS, GRIT, AGILITY, SKILL, and VITALITY. Unlike in most games, the value of these stats have been changed. All stats cap at 15. Firstly;

WITS: This one is a modifier for intelligence-related stuff. Encompasses everything from useless trivia to how to make makeshift weapons. The skills you can acquire are heavily dependent on this stat. It obviously has a bunch of other functions, but those are mostly situational stuff. e.g; you meet someone and they asked you a math problem. That sort of thing. Also helps with scavenging, planning, and seeing through lies.

GRIT: This one is a modifier for strength-related stuff. It also determines how likely your character is to crack under pressure. Obviously important in a fight. The higher this stat, the more damage you do. And obviously, lifting heavy stuff. The amount of weight you can carry depends on this stat. If your character is under very serious mental pressure, this determines whether or not they'll be able to continue fighting, or survive, or stay sane. btw going insane isn't permanent, but does lasting and noticeable damage to your character's psyche. more explained later.

AGILITY: This one is a modifier for speed-related stuff, and in general agile stuff. Can't do gymnastics without this. It decides how fast you are in battle, how fast you are with running, how flexible you are, how fast you thrust... the normal stuff. Also determines your reflexes in general. This is the stat you'll want to focus on if your character isn't good at fighting.

SKILL: This one is a modifier for in general finesse, and luck. Very important stat, in my humble opinion. It encompasses everything that has to do with luck, so quite a bit. Influences your chances at random encounters, successful scavenging, crit chance... and other finesse-related things, like how cautious and graceful you are. Some weapons require you to have over a certain amount of SKILL. If you plan on painting a lot of walls, this is a very useful skill.

VITALITY: This one is a modifier for health-related stuff, such as resisting status effects, determining how much STAMINA you have, and surviving poisons (which isn't likely to encounter, but still). Also determines your alcohol tolerance, which is fun, and drug resistance. Does NOT dampen the amount of damage you take, but does increase the likeliness of you barely surviving fatal attacks.

[HIDDEN STAT] SPIRIT: This one is 100% a roleplay stat. It's a stat the player (you) can't see, but it's kind of important. It's a basic stat that determines the power of your allegiance to your Associated God. The higher this stat, the stronger the bond between you and them, which gives you bonuses related entirely to your Associated God, that I personally decide. e.g; your chosen Associated God is Loki, and you have high SPIRIT. I'll probably give you WITS-based bonuses, like skills and whatnot. Increase the chances of you finding powerful items, that sort of thing. Keep in mind that some of these bonuses will be private. I'll have to PM you the info on them, and you do as you see fit.

STAMINA: While not technically a stat; I'll include this here, anyways. Your STAMINA is all of your life points pooled into one. SP, HP, LP, all of that. In the beginning, every character starts with 30 STAMINA, and can increase it by adding more points into VITALITY. Every point into VITALITY counts as 2 points into STAMINA. Mental attacks and physical attacks both drain this bar.

Those are the main six stats. They're the ones that the players can decrease or increase. There are other hidden stats that I give to your characters, but you can only passively change those. There's no reason to make them public knowledge, because they'll just complicate things for you, the players. 'sides, they don't impact the important stuff. An example of them is LEWDNESS. It doesn't change anything, other than help me determine certain individuals reactions to your characters, and what else your characters will experience.

Moving on, let's talk about the question in your head. What's an ASSOCIATED GOD? It's a mythological God that is associated to your character. You choose them from ANY God created in myth, but choose carefully... your Associated God can determine quite a bit, as you can guess from the SPIRIT stat. For now, I can't tell you what else it'll decide, but I believe you know enough to choose something good. Here's a hint though; make sure they're somewhat similar in some way to your character. Maybe have it's actions reference something your character has done, will do, or could do. Your character does not have to be consciously aware of their Associated God. As in, they don't need to be religious. A character's ASSOCIATED GOD is a meta thing.

THE PVP SYSTEM; since you all might decide to kill each other. Basically, if you ever fought each other, you'd essentially be rolling off against each other. Simple, right? Well, remember your stats. Before you fight any character, I'm telling you, you wanna compare their stats to yours. Everything should be taken into consideration, or they just may beat you. Unlike with most fights, you won't get much XP from fighting other players. Rather, you instead get the chance to steal their items, or whatever else you can do in RP. You could even enslave someone's character, if their player gives you permission to. So, as you can see, simple PVP.

LEVELS; all characters start at LV 1, but most of every action you do gives you XP. XP is used to level up, and leveling up gives you more stat points (2 to spend per level) to spend on your stats. Your level has no cap (since most likely no one would reach it, if there even was a limit), so you can basically max out all your stats and whatever. Level also influences the chances of you finding a good item while scavenging.

THE D6 SYSTEM; this really shouldn't be skipped, unless you don't certain you won't do any PVP at any point, under any circumstances. All of the important stuff, the optional stuff, and even some essential stuff, all rely on a D6. It's basic math. I'm the one generally doing this, but if it's PVP, then every combating party needs to do this, instead. Mostly because if I did it, it'd take much longer than necessary.
1 is a miss, 6 is a crit.
Roll a 2 = 1 DMG
Roll a 3 = 2 DMG
Roll a 4 = 3 DMG
Roll a 5 = 4 DMG
Roll a 6 = 6 DMG
Roll a 1 = 0 DMG (MISS).
Abilities replace the D6 roll and the second stat. (Ability DMG/EFFECT + WHATEVER STAT THIS ABILITY IS AFFILIATED WITH = X)

THE BUDDY SYSTEM; yes, I know, there's a lot of mechanics to read. But don't worry, we're almost done. The Buddy System literally is just for your companions. A companion can be any entity that is your ally and gives permission. Having a buddy gives you a LOT of bonuses (in and out of combat), but you won't know those bonuses until your buddy becomes your buddy. The bonuses changes regarding who's your buddy. It also works both ways, but your buddy may receive different bonuses. You can also trade items and fight together. Your buddy is automatically assigned whenever two entities decide to stick with one another. As in, if your character decides to hang around another character, they become buddies, IF the other person decides the same. e.g; John Doe's buddy is Jane Doe, another player. The bonuses provided are; +1 to WITS. Jane Doe's buddy is John Doe, another player. The bonuses provided are; +1 to GRIT. And you can fuck your buddy, too. I mean, I guess you can fuck anyone, but... you get my point.

THE PARTY SYSTEM; alright, third to last thing to explain. The Party System is just The Buddy System but with more buddies. The bonuses won't be as powerful, but they'll be more of them. You can have up to two NPCs in a party. And that's literally it.

STATUS EFFECTS; these are states your character may be forced into, or force others into. Mostly negative, and whatnot. I shall now list them in order of what I typed; [Aroused] will be aroused and distracted during a fight, which is entirely roleplay-related and does nothing on a meta level. [Stunned] is a blanket term which means your character is unable to move for whatever reason; be it being frozen, being tightly bound, or anything else. It means either your movements are greatly reduced in effectiveness or it's outright impossible to move, which also means no ability usage. [Crazed] means your character is confused and violent, and more willing to do things they wouldn't normally do due to fear. It also allows you to ignore all other status effects. [Dazed] is another blanket term. Means your character's confused through whatever means, and all attacks have a 25% higher chance of missing, and your defense suffering a 25% reduction. [Drained] is a rare status effect, but basically means your character is exhausted. They cannot use abilities, and all attack damage is halved. Lastly; [Poisoned] literally means your character is poisoned. They will take 1d4 damage every round.

COMBAT; the final mechanic to explain, but this is a little more complicated, so pay attention. There are three kinds of combats. Normal combat, PVP (already explained) combat, and multi-party combat. All combats have one thing in common; you wish to drain your enemy's STAMINA until it's low enough for them to either quit fighting, or die. There are two types of attacks; physical and mental. Physical attacks are attacks that attack your body, like a punch or a kick. Mental attacks are attacks that attack your mind, like subtle mental pressure, and lustful advances. Mental attacks can be defended against with high enough GRIT, but keep in mind that some status effects drain your GRIT. Physical attacks can't be defended against by any stat, and you'll have to take the full damage to your STAMINA bar. Normal combat is a turn-based battle that's you vs a non-player enemy, who in most cases will be an NPC, but rarely may be a monster (if you encounter a monster, I suggest just running). The turn order in ALL combats is determined by the AGILITY stat. High AGILITY entities attack first, unless they're surprised. I don't know if I need to say this, but an attack would mean your character attacking another entity through roleplay, rather than saying "X attacked!" I'd rather see "X double kicked" and other descriptive attacks. If you really need to convey the meaning behind something, put it in bold. After the first attack, your character can then use an ability or item. Then you can do whatever roleplay stuff you want. You can also not attack or do whatever else you can think of doing. This IS an RP, more flexible than a standard game. Then it's the enemy's turn, and they fight under the same rules. Attack, item, or ability. Roleplay whenever. None of this is mandatory. The obvious stats influence fights, of course. PVP combat has the same exact rules, but roleplay actions actually matter a lot, if you're creative enough. Although, keep in mind that PVP is two players against each other, meaning I don't often intervene at all. Lastly, multi-party combat. In this, the turn order is simply first come, first serve for those in the party. You can use your turn to interact with another character in some way. You can even spend your turn to support them, but keep in mind the obvious drawbacks of this. Then it's your enemy's turn, and they act under the same rules. Lastly, beating any non-player enemy gives you XP as a base reward, and some give you extra stuff, like items or weapons. Some weapons and items also can give/have STATUS EFFECTS, like poisoned weapons. And lastly; your attack damage is calculated first with the d6 roll, then your GRIT is taken into the equation, then whatever secondary modifier might come in, and subtracted by whatever can. And the sum is your damage. That's all for combat.

ABILITIES and ITEMS; alright, I know I said the above was the final mechanic to explain... but THIS is really important, and I forgot about it. Basically, abilities and items work the same way in every other RP, but I should explain how to acquire them. You start out with two abilities, with a chance to gain new abilities (depending on your stats, certain encounters, and leveling up). You will receive a list of abilities to choose from, but if you have ideas already, then you can make your own custom ability. For items, you need to make up your own. Keep in mind that only health-related items (like a medkit or bandages) can heal you, and only out of combat. You can also scavenge to find more items. The only items used for battle are weapons, with the rest being for support. For simplicity's sake, I classify weapons as items. Weapons can be found in places you'd expect, and acquired with a high enough SKILL stat. With a high enough WITS stat, you can also combine them.

CUSTOM ABILITIES; this doesn't count as it's own thing, but it needs some space. Making your own custom ability is pretty simple. There are two kinds of abilities; support, and offensive. For a support ability, you state it's name "Buff", state what it does right next to the name, how your character does it, what stat it influences, and how many times you can use it (stat increase can also be a decrease for yourself or your target) [John Doe flexes, and smirks at his opponent. +1 to his GRIT. He can use this 2 times in a single combat.] For an offensive ability, follow the same instructions. But instead of what stat it influences, state the damage it does. "Super Punch [John Doe charges up his fist, and punches a target really hard. Deals 3 DMG. He can use this 3 times per combat.]" Healing abilities work (and are formatted) the same as offensive, but are classified as support, but even the best healing abilities cap at healing to half health. Feel free to also get creative and explore what you can and can't do with your abilities. There's always a chance I'll deny them, but I'd rather just work out the issues rather than give a flat no. In fact, as long as it's not too powerful, there's a good chance I'll accept them.

And THAT should be enough... man, that was a lot. So, some parting comments; as you can see, I highly suggest forming partnerships with other players or NPCs. You can go LONE WOLF and survive in the game, but for the best possible experience, you may want a companion. COMBAT can be flexible with it's rules. Certain entities can and will break some rules (cough MONSTERS cough), so keep this in mind if you challenge them. Lastly, once more, feel free to test your boundraries with what's here. You'll always at least get an A for effort, from me. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to ask.

OOC Stuff

There's some other stuff I'm not explaining about this RP, so let me rectify that. Despite how it may seem, this can get a little sexual and fetishy (read: very fetishy), so please keep in mind, that sort of thing's in this [list of things to expect; rape, monster sex, futanari, tentacles, exhibitionism, orgies, probably other stuff]. If you want, you can send me a PM, and I'll make sure your character won't be forced into such situations.

There's also an actual plot behind this RP that the characters (including the NPCs) will be able to both influence, create, and reveal. The mysteries are abundant, without a doubt. I have an ending planned, and some events will be scripted, but it's mostly improv. Basically all of the images I'll use will be from either Gelbooru or some other site, maybe Google Images. I can't art worth shit, but I like pretty pictures. I'm going for a specific type of atmosphere with this RP, and that specific atmosphere being heavily inspired by Hip-Hop and game OSTs.

Oh, and as for me personally, I'll at least try very hard to consistently update this, which shouldn't be hard since I'm a man with a lot of free time right now, so I can spend a good portion of said free time on this. Oh, and real quick; this RP won't take place ENTIRELY in the Red City. The beginning will be a brief period of normality, before the phenomena takes place. Afterwards, there will still be brief moments in which the Red City dissipates and you're back in reality. If you die in the Red City, you won't die in real life. But your character doesn't know this.

And though this RP is set up in a way that allows me to have an EXTREMELY large group of players; I'm not entirely sure I could comfortably GM for more than 8 people, so that's the maximum amount of players. Minimum being 3. I could work with 2, but that would be so much less fun than 3, y'know?

Last thing; if you're going to play, please manage to at least post once a week. If you don't post often enough, you may ruin the experience of other players, and I might be forced to either kick you from the RP, or control your character a majority of the time, which would probably lead to kicking you from the RP. no pressure though, i'm pretty lenient and i'll understand if you've got somethin' goin' on.

Notable Areas

Shibuya: This area is notable for being a major entertainment, dining and shopping district. Heavily populated, with possibly good loot.
Shinjuku: Big neighborhood, lots of people. Known for having a lot of awake individuals, compared to all the other areas.
Akihabara: Home of the Otaku culture. Populated. Known for possibly useful items, but also many strange entities.
Asakusa: Old part of the city. Known for many red-light districts. High possibility for 'dirty' encounters.
Ikebukuro: Another big neighborhood. Has a haunted skyscraper filled with strange happenings in and around it.
Shimokitazawa: Coolest part of Tokyo. Known for being relatively safe from hostiles.
Yoyogi: Quiet neighborhood. Nice place. Fairly safe, but also lacks much loot.
Kichijoji: University town, lots of schoolgirls.
Ueno: Busy place. Low rent area, allowing for many low-class citizens to live.
Trans-dimensional Train Station: A mysterious metro that took the place of every other railway line in the notable areas. Used to go directly to other areas, but can't take you outside them.

Character Creation (FINALLY)

Character's Full Name: (if Japanese, please remember the surname goes first. if not, whatever.)
Place of Residence: (can be anywhere in Tokyo, but you might wish to pick one of the notable areas.)
Appearance: (description or image.)
Age: (i don't really need to explain this but i need there to be a note here for aesthetic reasons.)
Gender: (can be female, male, or futa. futas are only futas in the Red City)
Nationality: (you can choose any nationality.)
Personality/Backstory: (your character's personality and some backstory to help explain their characteristics.)
Relationships with anyone: (family or friends or anything else. can be another player. just type NPC sister or something if you want an NPC as a family member or friend. i'll assign you one.)
Sexuality: (you know how this works. can also be sexually confused.)
Talents: (as in, just stuff they're good at. like singing)
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: (as in, the worst thing that's ever happened to them, or if there's nothing too bad, then most significant)
Associated God: (explanation provided in the mechanics.)
Birth Month: (this doesn't mean a whole lot in the roleplay, but it'll help me with some behind the scenes dm shenanigans)
Favorite Kind of Weapons: (guns, swords, knives, that sort of thing)
Inventory: (water, food, cell phone, that sort of stuff. anything you can think of, but only as much as your character can reasonably carry, and being overburdened can grant a debuff. up to 3 health items.)
Current Weapon: (nothing like a real gun or sword, though. give it a brief description, too. your weapon can either be something not out of place in a normal home, or a weapon that fits your character's backstory well enough. also, apply a stat bonus it grants that's +2 or lower. your character can use their body and still get a stat bonus, but it'll only be +1.)
Kinks: (what freaky, or not so freaky, stuff gets their engine runnin)
Abilities: (i'll PM you a list to choose from when i get your app, and you can choose which two you want. or you can make a custom ability.)
Theme Song: (optional)
LVL: 1 (starter level don't change this)

Stats are next. You get 15 points to spend. Please delete this when you're done, along with the above brackets and all inside the brackets.
STATS:
STAMINA: (you start with 30, and add 2 for every point in VITALITY)
WITS:
GRIT:
AGILITY:
SKILL:
VITALITY:

Example Character Creation

Character's Full Name: Miyazaki Ana
Place of Residence: Kichijoji
Appearance: Image
Nationality: Japanese
Personality/Backstory: Ana is a quiet person. She's generally reserved, watching people with an impassive, yet inquisitive eye. She enjoys reading and gaining knowledge, and she is interested in the human mind. She has no siblings, and only one mother, who she's distant with. She can be rather cruel, seeing above all that logic is the way to go. She has very few friends, and she sometimes wishes she could have someone to be close to. She has absolutely no experience with anything sexual. (Your character's personality/backstory can be a whole lot longer than this, if you wish it.)
Relationships with anyone: Distant relationship with her mother, father was never in the picture.
Moral Alignment: True neutral.
Sexuality: Bisexual, but would never admit to this. She'd say she's asexual.
Talents: Detective skills, juggling, weapon crafting.
Most Significant Past Event: In her youth, a boy had confessed that he loved her, and she was stunned for exactly two minutes, before she turned him down.
Associated God: Minerva
Birth Month: December
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Staffs.
Inventory: Small water bottle, cell phone, and her book. Clothes.
Current Weapon: Broom [A big, blunt weapon. Doesn't do much damage. +1 to GRIT.]
Kinks: Vanilla, due to lack of sexual experience, but can be taught to learn more.
Abilities: Intense Focus [Her eyes gain a sharp look in them, and she gains +2 to WITS, and passively intimidates those 3 levels below her own. Lasts the rest of combat.] Scan [She gives her target a brief once-over, and comprehends their nature. Gains knowledge of their skills, personality type, bonuses, that sort of thing. No limit.]

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs2VL_HYG9Y
LVL: 1

STATS:
STAMINA: 34
WITS: 5
GRIT: 2 (+1)
AGILITY: 3
SKILL: 3
VITALITY: 2
Last edited by mrblah on Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Re: Red City (OOC, RECRUITING)

Postby mrblah » Sun Jun 18, 2017 7:16 pm

Accepted Character List

The Deceiver (?)

Character's Full Name: Darius Spejlbrudte
Place of Residence: Ikebukuro
Nationality: American
Personality/Backstory: “There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.” A quote that Darius is quite fond of, as he is a man quite familiar with both the dark and the light. As a philosophy teacher at a highschool in Japan, Darius has great affection for his students, making sure they pass his class with high scores and gain the ideal mindset and ethics to succeed in the real world. He doesn't push the students and staff to respect him, but they do anyways because they can see the genuine care he has for everyone at the academy. Whether it be tutoring students in any subject he can help them in, part-time as a counselor, or staying afterschool to chaperone the Kendo Club; Darius has always been known as a kind, caring and empathetic person. Then there is the darkness within him, one that has readily embraced and feeds whenever necessary. It started long ago, with the killing of a mugger, something purely in self-defense. From there it evolved into a curiosity and drive for deviancy that would usually end up in the murder of his chosen victim. Each act only makes his desire to do good and his students to become good people even stronger and each day of goodness makes his next act of "evil" more abhorrent. Darius truly enjoys both sides, being a good person and a bad person.

While he is fairly popular at the Academy he works, he keeps his personal life relatively private, preferring to devote his free time to reading, practicing fencing (Prefers it over Kendo), and generally enjoying life if not preparing for the next hunt and victim. Collected and laidback, Darius is always looking to provide a helping hand even to strangers. It takes quite a bit to upset him and even then he might simply hold his misgivings back as to not escalate a situation, but even when angry he rarely lashes out, preferring things to be amiable and common sense to guide the situation to a happy end. Once he decides on a victim, he'll use his whole repertoire of cunning and violence to get what he wants.
Relationships with anyone: None
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Sexuality: Pansexual
Talents: Teaching, Fencing/Kendo, Lying, Rope work
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Once, a victim he was holding at his house escaped while he was in the other room cleaning up. He gave chase on the streets of the rural neighborhood he lived in before catching her not even a block away from his own house. With nothing in his hands, Darius opted to use the strands of rope still clinging to her body to strangle her to death mere feet away from neighbors' houses. Afterwards he took her clothes and the rope and left her there for the cops to find her, knowing there was absolutely nothing that could tie him back to her; just a victim that was dumped in his area. It was the closest he had ever been to being exposed, yet he reveled in every second of the killing and the investigation in his area afterward.
Associated God: Apate & Dolus
Birth Month: January
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Swords
Inventory: Cell phone, zip ties, nutrient bar, a girl's locket.
Current Weapon: A practice sabre [A steel blunted training sabre. Requires precise strikes or a strong swing to cause real damage. +1 to GRIT and SKILL]
Kinks: BDSM
Abilities: Excited [The closer your opponent is to death, the more excited you become. Momentarily ignore any status effects and injuries for three posts you make.]
Bind [Quickly attempt to restrain a stunned opponent. If successful, combat ends in your favor.]

Theme Song: 3's & 7's

STATS:
STAMINA: 32
GRIT: 3 (+1)
AGILITY: 2
SKILL: 4 (+1)
VITALITY: 1

The Undertaker

Character's Full Name: Maria 'Mari' Caban
Place of Residence: Akihabara
Nationality: Filipino
Personality/Backstory: A young romantic at heart, but with a hard shell of caution that was built within the third world country of the Philippines. While it was growing into a metropolis it still had a long way to go before until it truely became something of a pristine city. The smell and the sound was unlike anything in the world. Manila was so crowded and it brought about a sort of sense of family national pride. Her family wary of the ways of the world had tended time to teach her and her many siblings the art of Eskrima. Such a fluid like motion of dancing blades... She saw it as a rather magnificent craft. Despite what poverty of the family she knew they would tend to their crafts and always make do with what they had... Migrating to another country to find work wasn't unheard of. She has taken time to learn Japanese on her own... To earn and pay for the citizenship for the country would take blood, sweat and tears... But not all of the blood was her own. She took what she could get and did what she could get away with.

Once she had finally had obtained her money and completed her tests she had finally been allowed to stay and live within the country of Japan. Within her time in Japan... She found a new passion... One that had grew within her as she attempted to find some sort of work for herself. Simply the art of a magician... Deception... Sleight of hand... Or finally misdirection. As she worked within her maid's cafe as the lovely dark skinned magic maid. Bringing about energy not many would have recognize her with if they knew her from her home country.

Relationships with anyone: One brother.
Sexuality: Bisexual/demisexual- has sexual urges every so often, but the pleasure is far more intense with someone she cares for.
Talents: Stealthy/silent step/silent breathing, flexible, charming/acting, quick reactions, good karaoke voice and a few magic tricks ;)
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Killing... You never forget the feeling... It can change a person to their core...but what's more scary is the possibility of no change. The feeling of her first kill wasn't bad... She didn't feel guilty. She felt strong and she already knew why and how dangerous the feeling could be to her. A bravado many would quickly drown and get drunk on as though a long high. In her hour of need... The need for money... She took time to plan to kill those with a machete... Those were old memories though... And she had given away that machete away a long time ago.
Associated God: Hades
Birth Month: July
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Blades, specifically of Filipino design.
Inventory: handcuffs, magician's hat, maid's outfit, glasses.
Current Weapon: Two Eskrima Bamboo Sticks [They hurt more than you think. +2 to AGILITY.]
Kinks: public play, stealth sex(it's a thing), bestiality, voyuer, clothed sex, cosplay, and deep relationships. Some casual sex and rape, but not so often.
Abilities: Magician's Secret [Easily slip out of anything bonding you, from your own clothes to handcuffs. Three times per combat.]

Magic Trick [Distract your opponent by making your weapons disappear, and then launch said weapons at them to deal double damage on your following post. Twice per combat.]

Theme Song:

Stats are next. You get 15 points to spend. Please delete this when you're done, along with the above brackets and all inside the brackets.
STATS:

STAMINA: 36

WITS:3
GRIT: 3
AGILITY: 3 (+2)
SKILL: 6
VITALITY: 3

The Ferryman

Character's Full Name: Wakino Shika (わきの しか)
Place of Residence: Ueno
Nationality: Japanese (Half Russian on her father's side)
Personality: Shika is not that expressive. She lives through her life from day to day with a bored expression as she finds that she has very little to smile about with having already been to prison and both her parents dead. She grows depressed when thinking about her family and how she can't get retribution because of her story being suppressed. She actually thinks of her time spent in prison as the happier time of her life because her childhood memories have become tainted with the fact that both her parents are dead.
Backstory: Shika grew up in Ueno with her Mother and Father. Her mother was from Japan while her Father was Russian. She used to be an average student, attending school and living with her family while learning Judo at a local dojo since the age of 10. However, at the age of 16, her father disappeared and never came back, even her mother didn't know where he disappeared to, but his disappearance hit them hard, both economically and emotionally. Two years later, when Shika was 18, she was kidnapped together with her mother by three men barely out of their teens. The men raped and killed her mother in front of her, telling her that she was next. They also told her that this was happening because her father had apparently been a Russian spy who had betrayed his home country in favor of raising his family and that he shouldn't have tried to just disappear like he did. While they mocked her father and now dead mother, she managed to get free of her confines and grab the knife used to kill her mother. Using it together with her knowledge of Judo, she managed to take down the three kidnappers and then kill her in her raging despair. Calling the police,she reported what happened and was later called to court. It then was revealed that one of the men she had killed had a wealthy, big shot businessman for a father who had, together with the other two families pressed charges against her. And despite her being the victim and only having killed in self defense, she was sentenced to two years in prison. During her time in prison she lost connection with most of her friends, made new ones in prison and learnt to knife juggle from another prisoner. She also picked up the habit to smoke whenever she grew depressed as someone had once smuggled in cigarettes into the prison and she had managed to win them in a poker game. She became really good at poker because women who had nothing to bet had to bet their clothes, something she wasn't really keen on, so she upped her skill to avoid it. Released early because of good behavior, Shika did her best to re-enter society at the age of 19. Unfortunately any attempts to try and gather support on the internet about how unfair her trial had been and get her justice never worked out as someone apparently was making an effort to badmouth her and make her story unheard or seem as a joke. Shika realized that she was being sabotaged, possibly by someone hired by the father to the man she had killed. Currently, she works in an internet cafe and lives in a small apartment with some of the money from her house having been sold.
Relationships with anyone: NPC father (Missing but most likely dead), NPC mother (deceased), NPC Prison friends (whereabouts unknown or still in prison).
Sexuality: Bisexual but won't admit it, says she's either Asexual or Homosexual.
Talents: Knife juggling, Dancing, Changing accents, Poker.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Was kidnapped together with her mother, forced to watch her get raped and then killed, told the same would happen to her before she managed to escape and kill the kidnappers, only to find out one of them was son to a big shot businessman who took the case to court and won because of superior lawyers, sentencing her to two years Prison.
Associated God: Baron Samedi
Birth Month: April
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives.
Inventory: 2 regular army knifes (One was her father's,the other one she got herself), a bottle of water, Ipod shuffle with earphones, Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, wallet with ID and credit card, library card, money and small paper with a list of phone numbers and dates on it. Migraine pills, Brain Phama Co Happy Pills, cigarettes and a lighter. Facemask (the kind people wear in Asia when sick or some kind of disease is going around.)
Current Weapon: Two Army Knives [Military-grade stuff. Not something one would want to mess with. +3 to GRIT.]
Kinks: Slime, bondage, tentacles, exhibitionism.
Abilities: Evasive [You've learned to rely less on armor and more on your quickness. You do not receive any bonus from armor, nor can you block attacks. Instead, your defense relies on your AGILITY stat, and you are able to dodge attacks.]
Deny Death [Survive an attack that would cause your defeat, and attempt one final attack that deals triple damage.]
Theme Song: https://youtu.be/LAMiX5EEbFU?t=10

STATS:
WITS: 4
GRIT: 2 (+3)
AGILITY: 6
SKILL: 2

The Avenger

Character's Full Name: Giovanni Hector De Luca.
Place of Residence: Asakusa.
Nationality: Italian.
Personality/Backstory: Giovanni comes from a wealthy life, not a good life, or a happy life, but a wealthy one. His father was a high ranking mafioso in Italy, meaning money was in abundance. Also in abundance were violence, booze and hookers, none of which are good for a growing lad. But that was his role to play, and he played it well. After his father passed Giovanni climbed the ranks for himself, landing him a job to make contact with the Yakuza to make some international deals. He gained a reputation for being brutal with any who wronged him, dishing back out twice or three times what he got in return, you blacken his eye, he takes your head. That being said he's very reasonable with his allies and friends, so long as they don't cross him.

Relationships with anyone: Yakuza Contact
Sexuality: Straight outside of Red City, anything goes inside.
Talents: Negotiating, knife play, procuring illegal goods.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Father was killed in front of him in a brutal takeover. Giovanni was spared, and later got his revenge, but it did nothing to dull the pain.
Associated God: Invidia. (Goddess of revenge)
Birth Month: January.
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives (Specifically trench knives)
Inventory: Cellphone, flask of gin, matches, a box of cigars.
Current Weapon: A set of large rings used as brass knuckles (+1 grit)
Kinks: Outside of Red City vanilla, inside Red City, anything goes.
Abilities: Dirty Play [Attack an enemy who's unaware of your presence, dealing double damage and stunning them for a single turn. Can be used indefinitely.}
Vengeance [Tank an attack from one source taking all of the damage and immediately launching your own in response, which deals damage equal to twice the amount you took. Can be used twice per combat.]
Boons [Buddy Skill. You and your buddy receive a bonus stat point when leveling up.]
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QqVCed7f4M

STATS:
STAMINA:36
WITS:1
GRIT:8 (+2)
AGILITY:4
SKILL:4
VITALITY:2 (+1)

The Shadow

Character's Full Name: Pandora Othina
Place of Residence: Shibuya
Nationality: Japanese (Norwegian parents, hence Norwegian name)
Personality/Backstory: Pandora's is a cold, calculating, unforgiving person. Having been raised in a rich disciplinary family, she was taught at a very young age that order and discipline were the virtues to success. She went to a boarding school and only had a few trusted friends there, severely hindering her social capabilities. When she was 16 both of her parents were murdered at night for their money, with the assailants promptly raping her. Now left scarred and orphaned she abandoned her current schooling at took courses in self defense classes. At the age of 18, she turned towards the police force. Armed with a blue belt in Karate and a already established strict sense of order, she was quickly accepted into the force. She spent the next 15 years slowly climbing the ranks, taking on a plethora of cases, she became skilled in police work. At the age of 33, she was invited to join the SAT due to exemplary performance in the field. (Special Assault Team) For the next 3 years she worked in the counter-terrorism unit. Working together with her team to put an end to any terrorism plot that targeted Tokyo. Highly skilled both in hand to hand combat and with firearms, she is deadly killer.

All of this has shaped her into what she is now. A cold, ruthless but protective bitch. She is very cocky when it comes to her abilities, and often makes very brash and bold moves. She has never had a lover, and has only a few people she trusts. So she values her life little compared to others. She does have a soft side when it comes to some animals however, specifically cats and rabbits.
Relationships with anyone: NPC old police friend. (normal police) NPC younger sister (Much more cheery about life, looks up to Pandora)
Sexuality: Hetero outside, bi-homo lean inside
Talents: Police work, Killing in a variety of ways, playing the violin.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: The day when her parents were killed and she was raped. Her sister was out at least.
Associated God: Nox (Roman goddess of night)
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Firearms (most trained with assault rifles)
Inventory: Cellphone, military flashlight, civilian clothing, lockpicks, photo of her sister, 12 9mm rounds, taser, police baton 6 12-gauge shotgun shells
Current Weapon: Shinkosha 12 GA [A shotgun capable of a great deal of damage. Can be intimidating. 4+ GRIT.]
Kinks: Mostly vanilla outside, inside.... the more depraved the better
Abilities: Teamwork [Working with a team is nothing new to you. Bonuses from working in a group or with another character are multiplied twofold.]
Reading [You've been in a lot of tense situations, and you know the tells of danger. You will always know when a dangerous encounter is near.]
Boons [Buddy Skill. You and your buddy receive a bonus stat point when leveling up.]
Theme Song: N/A

STATS:
WITS: 3 (+2)
GRIT: 2 (+4)
SKILL: 5 (+3) [8]

The Monster

Character's Full Name: Olivia “Vivi” Oakerson
Place of Residence: Asakusa
Appearance:Image

Personality/Backstory: Vivi for the most part acts like a normal person with a good heart. But a little observation would reveal something just a little… off. Maybe it’s a too gaze too intense to be casual, maybe it’s all the scars across her body suggesting more fights than a person of her temperament should get into. Maybe it’s the fact that at the right provocation that mask would slip right off, revealing the crazed, murderous sociopath beneath.
Vivi has been a professional killer of men since she was 15. She was picked up by a gang in her area and, after teaching them the mistake of trying to make her their whore, became their enforcer instead. Eventually her reputation outgrew the gang and, after slaughtering them to keep her identity secret, became a freelance hitwoman by the handle “Cheshire Grin”. That also became her calling card, carving a massive smile across her target’s face and to connect their kidneys.
She enjoys the game, staying one step ahead of the police while she carves her targets to pieces, avoiding getting her face on a wanted poster simply because no one lived who knew what she looked like. One day, a contract lead her out to Japan. It was a good opportunity to let the heat die down a bit in America, so she took it and decided to lay low for a bit.
Relationships with anyone: None. Can’t have anyone revealing her face to the police, can she?
Talents: She’s good enough at sewing to use it to make money on the side while the heat’s on between hits. She also has some first aid skills, though she’s more likely to use the knowledge of the human body to destroy it.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: If she had to choose one moment that lead her down her path, Vivi would have to say it was when she was 14 and caught her father killing her mother. Her home life was steadily devolving, with heated arguments that seemed to shake the house becoming the norm every night. Occasionally even the sound of striking could be heard, though who initiated it is anyone’s guess. This led to many sleepless nights for Vivi as she worried and fretted over her parents and how they were going get through this and what it meant for her. At the height of it all, she was little more than a zombie, shambling through the day.
That’s when she began to hear a voice in her head. It whispered to her, “You would know peace if the both of them were dead.” Naturally she ignored the voice but it became more and more insistent, adding on to her mental stress. The one day, she returned home from school and found, as usual, her parents were arguing in the kitchen again. She remembers hearing “THERE’S ONLY ONE WAY YOU’RE LEAVING ME!” then there was a metallic scent in the air. She turned the corner to behold her father had cut her mother’s throat open and she was slowly drowning in her own blood, her father with a demented, gleeful smile on his face. Something in Vivi just… snapped. The voice finally got what it wanted.
So she grabbed a carving knife and stabbed it into his kidney. Did the other one too just to be safe. As he slowly died from a combination of blood loss and toxic shock, she could only laugh. A hysterical, crazed affair with a grin that would have reminded her a lot of the one on her father’s face if she could’ve seen it. That was the moment she considered herself insane and the one that taught her with a little speed and know-how, one can kill with so little effort it’s laughable.
Associated God: Lyssa- Goddess of Madness
Birth Month: August
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives, daggers, any bladed weapon she can move swiftly with really.
Inventory: Coded copy of her contract, cellphone, small sewing set
Current Weapon: 8” carving knife, the kind found in almost any kitchen. Currently taped to the underside of her left arm. Sharpened it herself(+1 Agility)
Kinks: Domination. In her mind you don’t deserve her if you can’t overpower or otherwise trick her into it. She deserves everything she can take from you if you can’t do likewise. Because of this, she’s very liable to violate anyone she defeats in combat before she kills them.
Abilities:
Rampage [When in doubt, go crazy. Your character becomes Crazed, dealing more damage (and subsequently taking less, as well) depending on how hurt you were when entering it. Based on percentages, can only be used once per combat, and lasts for however long your character feels in danger.]
Blatant Insanity [Your carefully created mask... slips, letting all see you for what you truly are. Everyone seeing your character deals half damage, and weaker opponents are momentarily Stunned for 3 turns.] Call Backup [Party Skill. Pull out a cell phone and call up to three nearby goons to help you with whatever you need.]
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOCEvBGF7GI

STATS:
STAMINA:
WITS: 3
GRIT: 2 (+1)
AGILITY: 5 (+1)
SKILL: 3 (+1)
Last edited by mrblah on Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:15 pm, edited 12 times in total.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Postby Reaver » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:20 am

Character's Full Name: Darius Spejlbrudte
Place of Residence: Ikebukuro
Personality/Backstory: “There is no sun without shadow, and it is essential to know the night.” A quote that Darius is quite fond of, as he is a man quite familiar with both the dark and the light. As a philosophy teacher at a highschool in Japan, Darius has great affection for his students, making sure they pass his class with high scores and gain the ideal mindset and ethics to succeed in the real world. He doesn't push the students and staff to respect him, but they do anyways because they can see the genuine care he has for everyone at the academy. Whether it be tutoring students in any subject he can help them in, part-time as a counselor, or staying afterschool to chaperone the Kendo Club; Darius has always been known as a kind, caring and empathetic person. Then there is the darkness within him, one that has readily embraced and feeds whenever necessary. It started long ago, with the killing of a mugger, something purely in self-defense. From there it evolved into a curiosity and drive for deviancy that would usually end up in the murder of his chosen victim. Each act only makes his desire to do good and his students to become good people even stronger and each day of goodness makes his next act of "evil" more abhorrent. Darius truly enjoys both sides, being a good person and a bad person.

While he is fairly popular at the Academy he works, he keeps his personal life relatively private, preferring to devote his free time to reading, practicing fencing (Prefers it over Kendo), and generally enjoying life if not preparing for the next hunt and victim. Collected and laidback, Darius is always looking to provide a helping hand even to strangers. It takes quite a bit to upset him and even then he might simply hold his misgivings back as to not escalate a situation, but even when angry he rarely lashes out, preferring things to be amiable and common sense to guide the situation to a happy end. Once he decides on a victim, he'll use his whole repertoire of cunning and violence to get what he wants.
Relationships with anyone: None
Moral Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Talents: Teaching, Fencing/Kendo, Lying, Rope work
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Once, a victim he was holding at his house escaped while he was in the other room cleaning up. He gave chase on the streets of the rural neighborhood he lived in before catching her not even a block away from his own house. With nothing in his hands, Darius opted to use the strands of rope still clinging to her body to strangle her to death mere feet away from neighbors' houses. Afterwards he took her clothes and the rope and left her there for the cops to find her, knowing there was absolutely nothing that could tie him back to her; just a victim that was dumped in his area. It was the closest he had ever been to being exposed, yet he reveled in every second of the killing and the investigation in his area afterward.
Associated God: Apate & Dolus
Birth Month: January
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Swords
Inventory: Cell phone, zip ties, nutrient bar, a girl's locket.
Current Weapon: A practice sabre [A steel blunted training sabre. Requires precise strikes or a strong swing to cause real damage. +1 to GRIT and SKILL]
Kinks: BDSM
Abilities: Excited [The closer your opponent is to death, the more excited you become. Momentarily ignore any status effects and injuries for three posts you make.]
Bind [Quickly attempt to restrain a stunned opponent. If successful, combat ends in your favor.]

Theme Song: 3's & 7's

STATS:
GRIT: 3 (+1)
SKILL: 4 (+1)
Last edited by Reaver on Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
He enters like a shadow, exits like a Horseman of the Apocalypse.
Seen it all, done it all.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby KnightVanilla » Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:59 pm

Character's Full Name: Maria 'Mari' Caban
Place of Residence: Akihabara
Appearance:

Nationality: Filipino
Personality/Backstory: A young romantic at heart, but with a hard shell of caution that was built within the third world country of the Philippines. While it was growing into a metropolis it still had a long way to go before until it truely became something of a pristine city. The smell and the sound was unlike anything in the world. Manila was so crowded and it brought about a sort of sense of family national pride. Her family wary of the ways of the world had tended time to teach her and her many siblings the art of Eskrima. Such a fluid like motion of dancing blades... She saw it as a rather magnificent craft. Despite what poverty of the family she knew they would tend to their crafts and always make do with what they had... Migrating to another country to find work wasn't unheard of. She has taken time to learn Japanese on her own... To earn and pay for the citizenship for the country would take blood, sweat and tears... But not all of the blood was her own. She took what she could get and did what she could get away with.

Once she had finally had obtained her money and completed her tests she had finally been allowed to stay and live within the country of Japan. Within her time in Japan... She found a new passion... One that had grew within her as she attempted to find some sort of work for herself. Simply the art of a magician... Deception... Sleight of hand... Or finally misdirection. As she worked within her maid's cafe as the lovely dark skinned magic maid. Bringing about energy not many would have recognize her with if they knew her from her home country.

Relationships with anyone: any family
Sexuality: Bisexual/demisexual- has sexual urges every so often, but the pleasure is far more intense with someone she cares for.
Talents: Stealthy/silent step/silent breathing, flexible, charming/acting, quick reactions, good karaoke voice and a few magic tricks ;)
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Killing... You never forget the feeling... It can change a person to their core...but what's more scary is the possibility of no change. The feeling of her first kill wasn't bad... She didn't feel guilty. She felt strong and she already knew why and how dangerous the feeling could be to her. A bravado many would quickly drown and get drunk on as though a long high. In her hour of need... The need for money... She took time to plan to kill those with a machete... Those were old memories though... And she had given away that machete away a long time ago.
Associated God: Hades
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Blades, specifically of Filipino design.
Inventory: handcuffs, magician's hat, maid's outfit, glasses.
Current Weapon: Two Eskrima bamboo sticks +2 (they hurt a lot more than you'd think)
Kinks: public play, stealth sex(it's a thing), bestiality, voyuer, clothed sex, cosplay, and deep relationships. Some casual sex and rape, but not so often.
Abilities: Magician's Secret [Easily slip out of anything bonding you, from your own clothes to handcuffs. Three times per combat.]

Magic Trick [Distract your opponent by making your weapons disappear, and then launch said weapons at them to deal double damage on your following post. Twice per combat.]

Theme Song:

STATS:

STAMINA: 30+6

WITS:2
AGILITY: 2 (+2)
SKILL: 5

Will edit
Last edited by KnightVanilla on Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:26 am, edited 7 times in total.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby mrblah » Tue Jun 20, 2017 5:09 pm

sweet, one away from the minimum player count. i'll send you both your list of abilities once your apps are complete.
mrblah

Postby Reaver » Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:46 am

Mine is finished, more or less.
Renegade, Mercenary, Wielder of the Shaft of Justice, Angel-Rapist, Rp Contract Killer
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby mrblah » Wed Jun 21, 2017 5:40 am

... so, real quick, i apparently deleted stamina on the character creation. lemme fix that.

still dunno how that happened. i barely touched the sheet. but uh, whatever.
mrblah

Postby mrblah » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:08 pm

thus far, we have 2 complete characters out of... did i say 9 or 8? let's go with 9. 2 out of 9, need a minimum of 3.

although, i don't want anyone waiting too long, so the ic thread will be made on the 30th, regardless of whether or not the minimum's met. recruitment will still be active as the game is ongoing, and will continue to be so until it's full. all players, feel free to edit your character as much as you wish until the ic thread's up, if you wish to.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:29 pm

I am about to make a character if that helps.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:15 pm

oh, sure does. this would make it 3, the minimum amount. just in the nick of time. then, we'll start as soon as they're finished, fantasy.
mrblah

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:58 pm

Character's Full Name: Wakino Shika (わきの しか)
Appearance:

Nationality: Japanese (Half Russian on her father's side)
Personality: Shika is not that expressive. She lives through her life from day to day with a bored expression as she finds that she has very little to smile about with having already been to prison and both her parents dead. She grows depressed when thinking about her family and how she can't get retribution because of her story being suppressed. She actually thinks of her time spent in prison as the happier time of her life because her childhood memories have become tainted with the fact that both her parents are dead.
Backstory: Shika grew up in Ueno with her Mother and Father. Her mother was from Japan while her Father was Russian. She used to be an average student, attending school and living with her family while learning Judo at a local dojo since the age of 10. However, at the age of 16, her father disappeared and never came back, even her mother didn't know where he disappeared to, but his disappearance hit them hard, both economically and emotionally. Two years later, when Shika was 18, she was kidnapped together with her mother by three men barely out of their teens. The men raped and killed her mother in front of her, telling her that she was next. They also told her that this was happening because her father had apparently been a Russian spy who had betrayed his home country in favor of raising his family and that he shouldn't have tried to just disappear like he did. While they mocked her father and now dead mother, she managed to get free of her confines and grab the knife used to kill her mother. Using it together with her knowledge of Judo, she managed to take down the three kidnappers and then kill her in her raging despair. Calling the police,she reported what happened and was later called to court. It then was revealed that one of the men she had killed had a wealthy, big shot businessman for a father who had, together with the other two families pressed charges against her. And despite her being the victim and only having killed in self defense, she was sentenced to two years in prison. During her time in prison she lost connection with most of her friends, made new ones in prison and learnt to knife juggle from another prisoner. She also picked up the habit to smoke whenever she grew depressed as someone had once smuggled in cigarettes into the prison and she had managed to win them in a poker game. She became really good at poker because women who had nothing to bet had to bet their clothes, something she wasn't really keen on, so she upped her skill to avoid it. Released early because of good behavior, Shika did her best to re-enter society at the age of 19. Unfortunately any attempts to try and gather support on the internet about how unfair her trial had been and get her justice never worked out as someone apparently was making an effort to badmouth her and make her story unheard or seem as a joke. Shika realized that she was being sabotaged, possibly by someone hired by the father to the man she had killed. Currently, she works in an internet cafe and lives in a small apartment with some of the money from her house having been sold.
Relationships with anyone: NPC father (Missing but most likely dead), NPC mother (deceased), NPC Prison friends (whereabouts unknown or still in prison).
Sexuality: Bisexual but won't admit it, says she's either Asexual or Homosexual.
Talents: Knife juggling, Dancing, Changing accents, Poker.
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Was kidnapped together with her mother, forced to watch her get raped and then killed, told the same would happen to her before she managed to escape and kill the kidnappers, only to find out one of them was son to a big shot businessman who took the case to court and won because of superior lawyers, sentencing her to two years Prison.
Associated God: Baron Samedi
Birth Month: April
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Knives.
Inventory: 2 regular army knifes (One was her father's,the other one she got herself), a bottle of water, Ipod shuffle with earphones, Samsung Galaxy S5 phone, wallet with ID and credit card, library card, money and small paper with a list of phone numbers and dates on it. Migraine pills, Brain Phama Co Happy Pills, cigarettes and a lighter. Facemask (the kind people wear in Asia when sick or some kind of disease is going around.)
Current Weapon: A set of 2 military knives, one for each hand. [Both of them are +3 Grit]
Kinks: Slime, bondage, tentacles, exhibitionism.
Abilities: Evasive [You've learned to rely less on armor and more on your quickness. You do not receive any bonus from armor, nor can you block attacks. Instead, your defense relies on your AGILITY stat, and you are able to dodge attacks.]
Deny Death [Survive an attack that would cause your defeat, and attempt one final attack that deals triple damage.]
Theme Song: https://youtu.be/LAMiX5EEbFU?t=10

STATS:
GRIT: 2
SKILL: 2
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:07 am, edited 5 times in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby A183Z » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:50 pm

Seems pretty interesting
A183Z

Postby mrblah » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:42 am

alright, i'm gonna open up the ic thread later today, probably at night around 9. feel free to do any last minute edits for your characters if you need to, and of course, i'm still recruiting until we're out of spots, so if there's anyone reading this who wants in; you've still got all the time in the world.
mrblah

Postby mrblah » Sat Jul 01, 2017 2:33 am

alright, i'm about 30 minutes late from what i was aiming for, but i got it out. it's a little short, but i figured i'd let you all free roam for a bit. if you have any questions or need anything, feel free to send a pm my way.
mrblah

Postby starwacher » Sat Jul 01, 2017 8:49 am

well I guess might as well throw my hat in the ring I think might went off rails with backstory but said fucked just kept writing until found good stop to end hopefully this not to messy... if it is I'm really sorry. also if there part were the character refers to herself as Mary I changed half way more relft with god she Associated with.

Character's Full Name: Amy Doyle
Place of Residence: Kichijoji
Appearance:

Nationality: Canadian (Asian descent from her mother side)

Personality/Backstory/ Most Tragic Event

she known to be very friendly and cheerful girl. She always tried to make friends with everyone and has always try to do her best at school leading with not highest marks but they were some were in the 70 or 80 marks. Her time at home if not work on homework would be spend doing chores around the farm winch could lead to working the fields or feed the animals. It was small town they lived almost everyone know each other she lived there for most of her life but she but something changed that make hard for her to return to the town.

When she they were having end of the school year party at family barn there was fire that started. People they get out but fire spread too quickly blocking the exit peoples start to panic as flame draw closers some called 911 but fire trucks were never going to make it in time. Peoples try claiming to the roof trying but those people were first to go as flame burned the exit. She hear some people fall off but she wasn’t sure if they were ok or if the fall might have killed them. The flame were get closer as people who still left were running palace to run one of party goers decided they going to risk as try lead threw the flame only to be set ablaze they as even thought was able survive but he would disfigured for rest of his life. In was only three of them now as fire circled them. Her two best friends. Marry try look around but she couldn’t see anything the smoke was starting to get to her it wasn’t long until she start suffocate from the smoke as her eye start to dim she thought it was going to be the end of her. She woke up again the in hospital. She was in coma for two weeks. Her body had some minor burns but they would heal over time. Apparently the firefighter made there just as she blacked out her friends that were with carried her out once the way was cleared. After spending two more weeks she was sent back home her even thought her physical scars were healed her metal once not so much. When got out of the truck she saw what was left of the old farm house she broke down and cried. It got worse when returned school the most of her friends she when gone or badly injured. Filling herself with guilt wondering if there was way should could of prevented this.

This end up driving her to point of depression were she couldn't take anymore and she ran away from home hiding to a cave near a river were her father would take her and her brother fishing when they were younger. The cave itself use to be an old mining shaft that should have been closed off long ago. One day the entrance would be blocked off by cave in. This didn’t seem bother her too much as had some food with her and there was more she could try to find and exit maybe. This turned out to be bad idea as would just get. Got point where she thought she saw something in the coiner in her eye. She keep going only get more and more loss until whatever was following her confronted her …herself. The figure approached her she must have been hallucinating right but Peron spoke up taunting her miss deeds rubbing it was not guilt that drove away from home but that she wanted die in that fire as well. She shakes her head claiming she would never say that. Figure only laughed claiming to be a part of that she was true feeling. She shakes her head cover ears yelling out. “You’re lying …you’re not me!” the next thing she knew the figure that looked like her transformed into monster taking on a fiery form. She ran away in terror get more and more lost in the mind she tripped over a Pease of wood she was face to face with mirror her own reflection. It when she started thinking maybe they had point she did wanted die she didn’t think she deserved to live well so many other people lives were ended so shortly but she knew those people would move with her life she need to face reality she walk to towards the flame towards the figure flame died down more the closer she got to them until she face a shadow of herself excepting figure disappeared as she saw search light in distance it was search rescue that must been look for she black out fall down onto ground cold surfaces. She hears the sound of rushing footsteps come her way.

She wake up again as she outside of cave surrounded by friends and family. In took her two week to get back to school but this time she was look forwards to getting back. She was maybe mouth behind everyone but she caugt up in no time.

When she finely graduated from high school she want to become a counselor who work with troubled youth who going though same problems she was during those times she. She found a University in Tokyo that covering course like counseling trouble youths pulse she had uncles far from family tree who work as one of professors there who was working there had an extra room open and he had Daughter around the same age as her. She makes her way now to Japan ready to enroll as student in land that family immigrated from Centuries ago years.

Relationships with anyone: she has friends back home, her parents, and her uncle who letting her stay with him and his Daughter well she enrolled at the University. She has a bother she try stay in contact with him whenever she can.

Sexuality: she thinks she might be straight but she still not really sure easily get sexually confused at times.

Talents: farming, survival, Linguist, reading body Language. Speed reading,

Most Tragic/Significant Past Event I more less have the back story but I guess the skinny would be she caught she was caught in fire with her class mates only her Lucky few were able to make it out and she blames herself for what happened

Associated God: Amaterasu
Birth Month: (January )

Favorite Kind of Weapons: (books)

Inventory: (water bottle, cell phone, a briefcase filled with papers, notepad, couples pens and book she reading digital devil story. Passport)
Current Weapon: briefcase +2 grit

Kinks: (would say I’m almost into anything except the following being pregnant, being turn into futa but have not problem getting fucked by one, getting piercing, gore and I think that cover it

Abilities: (i'll PM you a list to choose from when i get your app, and you can choose which two you want. or you can make a custom ability.)

Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fu1LCUJMnF0

STATS:
SKILL: 4
starwacher

Postby A183Z » Sat Jul 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Character's Full Name: Matsushima Kojiro
Appearance: (Stealing the Appearance of Luka Crosszeria from the anime Uraboku)
http://uraboku.wikia.com/wiki/Luka_Crosszeria
Nationality: Japanese
Personality/Backstory: As a member of the Matsushima family, Kojiro was trained from a young age to guard the more important members of the Order. His ward was the exorcist responsible for watching over Ueno, though he cared for her as more of a sister than an exorcist. After years of guarding her, he was chosen to become the head of her personal squad of guardians, only to have her die days later of illness. He denounced his family that day, tossing the family name and tradition aside, and heading off on his own. His mission had become one of vengeance on the deities that caused her death, and his path lay before him, working as a rogue exorcist. (Sorry for the shortness, forgot a lot of the stuff that was supposed to add bulk)
Relationships with anyone: Ward/Sister (Dead) (Still accepting others)
Sexuality: Straight
Talents: Freerunning, Combat
Most Tragic/Significant Past Event: Death of his ward.
Associated God:
Birth Month: February
Favorite Kind of Weapons: Throwing Knives and/or Kusarigama
Inventory:
1x Backpack
2x Gauze Wrapping
1x Sewing Kit ('Stitches')
5x MRE Rations
2x Matchbook
1x Cellphone
1x Camera
10x Throwing Knives
2x Matsushima Clan Kusarigama
Current Weapon: Matsushima Clan Kusarigama (Bladed/Blunt. Damaging in the right hands, untrained wielders often hurt themselves. +1 Skill, +1 Grit) (A sickle with a thin, lightweight, yet strong chain that can be of varying lengths. Alexander's Kusarigama have 6ft chains with 5lb weights on the end opposite the sickle itself)
Kinks: Exhibitionism,
Abilities: (Waiting for the list...)
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgZLv3u2K4s

STATS:
STAMINA: 36
WITS: 2
AGILITY: 4
SKILL: 3

(If you'd like more, just ask, I'm always willing to add or elaborate)
Last edited by A183Z on Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
A183Z

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:48 am

Actually, depending on how this character turns out, I'm up for having Shika be in a relationship with Kojiro.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:39 am

i have a feeling this one's a ninja. not sure why, though. anywho, to answer what i think is a question regarding inventory; your character's inventory is basically all physical items that are on their person. phone in a pocket, hammer in hand, book in bookbag - it'll all be in their inventory.

once your character's done, i'll look it over again and then send you your ability list. i already have a few ideas as to what abilities to give, but it wouldn't hurt to have the full package when deciding, y'know?
mrblah

Postby Reaver » Sun Jul 02, 2017 5:13 am

Could be the throwing knives and clan weaponry. I at least wanna know what the hell ninjas do in the modern era.
Keeper-Senpai
Reaver

Postby mrblah » Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:35 am

i'm assuming they try to kill demons, only for some of them to get captured and sexually assaulted by old enemies. or maybe stop a bunny moon goddess from destroying the world.
mrblah

Next

Return to Out of Character