Pokémon: Kanthoes Abound! [OOC]

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Pokémon: Kanthoes Abound! [OOC]

Postby Ze Blitzkrieg » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:53 pm

Premise:
Like the other Pokemon roleplays on the site, this will likely be a completely free form role play based in the Kanto region. You'll travel around with your starter, collect a team of Pokemon and do whatever you damn well please. Wanna become the champion? Go right ahead. Wanna breed an army of perfect Pokemon? Be my guest. Just wanna try to get into Misty's pants? So does the rest of the region. As the roleplay will have no overarching plot to speak of (aside from maybe team rocket's meddling) I won't bother putting up a plot section. So, without further ado, lets get into the mechanics.

Game Mechanics:

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Battles; Battles will be without stats, fueled by ballpark estimates of damage and creativity. Your Pikachu's thunderbolt probably won't do much against the big bad ivysaur, but maybe if you have your squirtle douse it in water first to make it more vulnerable to the electricity you'll do a bit more to it. I won't bother moderating player against player battles unless those involved need or request it, but I will be controlling wild Pokemon and NPC trainers.

Pokemon; You'll start with whatever you please. I won't limit you to the three Kanto starters, or even being a Pokedex holder who got their Pokemon from Oak. All starter Pokemon must be first stage however and no Legendary Pokemon will be allowed. Their moves shall be determined by their level, which shall steadily increase the more the Pokemon fights. Same with evolutions. I'll keep track of your Pokemon's status, moves, level and such in the first post of this roleplay, so there's no need to fret about knowing what learns what when. Despite not being included in the games, Kalos and Unova Pokemon are very much present and available to you if you so please. You'll likely run into a few.

Leveling: Instead of using complicated exp systems, we'll make leveling simple. Every two Pokemon your Pokemon faints, they gain one level. This scales to level 25, in which case they'll need three to level up. At 50, they'll need four, at 75 they'll need five. Once they're at 100 they obviously gain nothing more.

That should about cover the mechanical side. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me.

Character Sheet:

Code: Select All Code
[b]Name:[/b] Your name, silly!
[b]Age:[/b] 18+ for obvious reasons.
[b]Gender:[/b] Boy, girl... both?
[b]Hometown/Starting Town:[/b] If you're not from Kanto, what town your journey will be starting in.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Pictures or descriptions are perfectly acceptable
[b]Personality:[/b] How you act. It'll give me an idea what to throw at you.
[b]Background (Optional):[/b] If you wanna include what they've done before becoming a trainer, go ahead. It'll help me come up with cool plots for them.
[b]Sexual Preferences:[/b] Since this'll obviously have... *ehm* special interactions, tell me what you're into/not into so I don't go throwing anything you don't like at your character.
[b]Pokemon:[/b] Who's your first partner? Include species, nickname if applicable and gender. 
Ze Blitzkrieg

Re: Pokémon: Kanthoes Abound! [OOC]

Postby Firehead » Sat Apr 22, 2017 3:48 am

I'll throw my hat in on this. I hope some other people decide to get in here too.

Name: Jed Farvous
Hometown/Starting Town: Saffron City
Appearance: https://chan.sankakucomplex.com/post/show/1092646
Personality: Is generally quiet, prefers small groups rather than large crowds. Can tend to be easily excited.
Background (Optional): Born and raised in Johto Jed was always excited by his father's stories of when he was a trainer. Whenever possible he would convince his parents to take him somewhere his father had explored. On one such trip to Ilex forest in his early teens, they spotted a plume of smoke. Going to check it out they found a small fire beside an injured Houndour. He begged his parents to let him take her in until she recovered, but when she had, the parents found they could no longer separate the two, and they became close friends. Now two years later, they step off the magnet train ready to explore Kanto. Here he would make his own stories and see things his father didn't.
Sexual Preferences: Likes: M/F, some M/M, Pokephelia, Secret sex in public places, mild roughplay
Dislikes: Blood, Gore, Bathroom Stuff
Pokemon: Houndour, Cindy, Female
Firehead

Re: Pokémon: Kanthoes Abound! [OOC]

Postby PlayerXXX » Tue May 23, 2017 4:04 am

Is this rp still going to be on?
PlayerXXX

Return to Out of Character