Elder Tales - Nova Frontier! (Log Horizon Roleplay)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Elder Tales - Nova Frontier! (Log Horizon Roleplay)

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed May 17, 2017 1:29 pm

I noticed this group of players were missing a warrior class character, so I've made one to balance the team out a little. However, while making my character, I noticed some stuff I wish to get some answers to before I finalize my character.

Name: Sylvia Sylas Silvei (IRL name: Sylvia Littlerock)
Appearance: While I know Werecats (AKA Felinoids) don't typically look like this and this appearance is much closer related to Fox Tail,
I want to use the excuse of the character having used an appearance changing potion because the race was chosen due to convenience,
but human like appearance was preferred.)
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Race: Werecat
Sex: Female
Class: Capoerista Image (Variant of Monk for south and central America)

Sub Class:(Will be generated off of your background)

Guild:(Will be assigned one, but if you give me a good enough background I'll allow you to have your own guild.)

Background:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Sylvia wasn't typically one for games. Before she moved to the USA from England, she had almost never played a computer game before. Her interests had largely consisted of Judo. She was eventually convinced by a friend to give video games a try. Finding herself to enjoy a few of them (mostly the ones where chance was a big factor and she happened to win coughtMarioPartycough she was also eventually drawn in by her friends to play Elder Tale because they needed a healer. She however was very stubborn and instead chose to play as a Capoerista due to it's fighting style bearing a likeness to her favorite sport, Judo. She believed it would give her a certain advantage in the game, only to find this not to be the case as real life abilities rarely carry over into games. She chose her race, Werecat based on it's bonuses that she believed would compliment her class. It wasn't until she had played for a long while that she came to the conclusion that she didn't like her character's appearance and eventually managed to get her hands on appearance changing potion, using it to give her character a more human like appearance (somewhat resembling her IRL).

But with her interest in games not being as deep rooted as some of her friends, she eventually stopped playing after a while, her character left rather under leveled in comparison to most other players who got the game around the same time as her. Her friends however managed to convince her to come back to the game in time for a new expansion.

Sylvia's favorite past time within Elder Tale was to explore the crafting menus, everything from weapons to food. Besides slaying monsters and selling their drops, she gained a substantial amount of wealth from trading crafted goods, either making them herself, or buying them at low cost and selling them at a profit.

IRL, when not too busy with her Judo practice or school, she enjoys cooking, gardening, video games and to read. She has however very rarely if ever been able to work on her garden. So in the end it is mostly taken care of by her parents rather than her. She is friends with several of her classmates both from school and Judo practice.
She even has a pen-pal or two from over seas due to having made friends in judo tournaments.

Sylvia's favorite kinds of foods are everything that's either soft and sweet or crispy and lightly salted. She hates food that's too spicy or bland as she has a fairly keen sense of taste. Strong flavors usually overwhelm her if they're too strong, but she has a knack for figuring out what ingredients something contains from just the taste. However,
despite all this, she claims her favorite type of food is heavily salted, thin broth chicken-soup with freshly baked bread. She also for some reason likes raw potatoes.

Experience: casual-lvl20 (30 Points)

Strength: 5
Endurance: 4
Agility: 9
Dexterity: 3
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 2
Luck: 4
Last edited by Fantasy Fanatic on Wed May 24, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Wed May 17, 2017 5:40 pm

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:(I get 30 points at lvl 20, but that's not even enough to raise all of my stats up to 0. How does that work?)

i think your stats start at 0, rather than -5. judging from everyone else's char sheets.
imagine a loading screen that loads a new loading screen.
mrblah

Location: that special hell when you're still a noob even if you have 10 posts

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed May 17, 2017 6:47 pm

mrblah Wrote:
Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:(I get 30 points at lvl 20, but that's not even enough to raise all of my stats up to 0. How does that work?)

i think your stats start at 0, rather than -5. judging from everyone else's char sheets.

Well, at the very least this does make this error, whoever's it is more apparent. That's why I'm bringing this issue up.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby KnightVanilla » Thu May 18, 2017 12:35 am

Don't worry about the system too much I may actually spend some time reworking it once finals are over. I'm considering using the fate core or my own variant of it, but for now don't worry about the stats too much just focus on background if and when you can.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby DarkSanctuary » Sun May 21, 2017 5:42 am

Time to give a simple understanding of stats.

Strength- how much physical prowess you have.
Endurance- how much shit you can take.
Agility- how fast you are-movement,dodging.
Dexterity- skill of handling. Weapons, picking locks etc.
(No wonder thieves have high dex. Makes sense?)
Intelligence- what your character KNOWS and can mentally do. I know i can summon 50 meteors and bombard this town.
Wisdom- what your character UNDERSTANDS about what he can do, and possibly other people. I understand that bombarding this town is morally wrong and should not be done.
DarkSanctuary

Postby VinGareth » Sun May 21, 2017 6:14 am

Is there still a slot left for another player? Log Horizon is one of my favorite shows, and I've been wanting to try out one of these RPs for a while.
Last edited by VinGareth on Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
VinGareth

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun May 21, 2017 8:48 am

DarkSanctuary Wrote:Intelligence- what your character KNOWS and can mentally do. I know i can summon 50 meteors and bombard this town.
Wisdom- what your character UNDERSTANDS about what he can do, and possibly other people. I understand that bombarding this town is morally wrong and should not be done.

I know what the stats generally mean, what I want to understand is how it affects my character based on their IRL INT and WIS. After all, we're RPing characters who're drawn into a game like system from what is the real world for them. If their INT and WIS from the real world remains, does that affect their "in game" stats, or do their "in game" stats affect them as IRL characters? You see what I'm getting at?

The best would of course be if they remained their IRL intelligence, memories and understanding while the "in game" stats their avatars had become what is used for "in game" mechanics purely.

So in essence, what I'm asking is, "If I made a low INT character, would they'd only count as low INT as far as the game-like mechanics of this world are concerned, while IRL, that person might be really intelligent. Or is that not the case?"

Can you see where I'm coming from here?
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby DarkSanctuary » Sun May 21, 2017 11:23 am

Thats more clear of a question. Although my post was mainly to calrify on you asking about dex and agility being the same thing.
DarkSanctuary

Postby Stickasensi » Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 am

Just saying i dont mind boosting my level if managing a bunch of low levels is too uninteresting, also finally updated my Bio
No! forget the glass, just give me the pitcher, for I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death... which I hope is soon. Amen.
~ Archer
Stickasensi

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed May 24, 2017 1:36 pm

KnightVanilla Wrote:Don't worry about the system too much I may actually spend some time reworking it once finals are over. I'm considering using the fate core or my own variant of it, but for now don't worry about the stats too much just focus on background if and when you can.

Well, don't really know what more to add to her background that really matters, so I added some less relevant but still interesting details as well as made some changes to stats and some slight adjustments. Hopefully the time to begin this RP is about to come around soon, because I can hardly wait.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Fri May 26, 2017 3:31 am

Fantasy Fanatic Wrote:
KnightVanilla Wrote:Hopefully the time to begin this RP is about to come around soon, because I can hardly wait.

same. i was wondering why we haven't yet, but i assume it's real life stuff for our DM.
mrblah

Postby KnightVanilla » Sun May 28, 2017 6:46 pm

For those wondering about the lag in start it is due to finals as well as my family vacation planned straight after it. I'll be having everything set up by next week.
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Sun May 28, 2017 11:45 pm

KnightVanilla Wrote:For those wondering about the lag in start it is due to finals as well as my family vacation planned straight after it. I'll be having everything set up by next week.

Cool.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:31 am

A Proper update: Unfortunately the task of gm has been a rather larger struggle than I anticipated. Considering the amount of lore I still need to figure out, but for the mean time the rp will be down until I can figure out a better way to launch it. I wasn't quite happy with the system I was using and at the moment I'm moving to another city which is eating up more of my time. I'll try to see if I can recruit some help but for now this rp is closed.
KnightVanilla

Postby Fantasy Fanatic » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:56 pm

That's too bad. But I know the struggle of being GM, so I can understand.
Fantasy Fanatic

Postby mrblah » Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:23 pm

pressing f to pay respects

f
mrblah

Postby DarkSanctuary » Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Dang. Was hopeful for this. Now its back to staring at 90% of the rps i join that are abandoned.
DarkSanctuary

Previous

Return to Out of Character