Ark Tribe Survival OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Re: Ark Tribe Survival OOC

Postby MelissaB » Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:19 pm

as long as i know that's fine don't mind you telling me in the ooc but make it clear if you don't.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Mon Feb 27, 2017 3:42 am

Leon Glacia Wrote:My Level Up was meant to be kept in a 'realistic sense. I chose the Spear for crafting and Strength for the 1 point improvement

So we are only choosing to learn one thing on the crafting list? I thought we could craft anything on the list pertaining to our level.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby MelissaB » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:13 am

Okay allow me to explain.

Yes and no.

upon level up you get the chance to auto discover via the device designs for building items depending upon your crafting skill which ones you are able to unlock as it were. however if you find designs for items you can build them provided your crafting skill is high enough. You don't however auto know everything your crafting stat allows for... you did afterall get all your memories wiped out so while you as players may know how to make something your character's surely doesn't.

basically you have the ability to build everything that your crafting stat meets but you need to learn how it's made and what's used to make it to do so. during level up you unlock these but these can also be found around the island or traded from friendly tribes... if you meet any
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:49 am

MelissaB Wrote:Okay allow me to explain.

Yes and no.

upon level up, you get the chance to auto-discover via the device designs for building items depending upon your crafting skill which ones you are able to unlock as it were. however, if you find designs for items you can build them provided your crafting skill is high enough. You don't, however, auto know everything your crafting stat allows for... you did after all get all your memories wiped out so while you as players may know how to make something your character surely doesn't.

basically, you have the ability to build everything that your crafting stat meets but you need to learn how it's made and what's used to make it do so. during level up, you unlock these but these can also be found around the island or traded from friendly tribes... if you meet any

Cool. Well, I'll drop my stat point into crafting and learn how to make a campfire's and stone axes. Which seems like a good first step into building a little tribe home. Also, quick question, did I end up failing to tame the little lizard (is it a Lystrosaurus?) or did it decide it wanted food more than Katie's attention.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby RavenLord » Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:34 am

Guys, it will be very metagamey but i think we should coordinate with each other on picking our crafting options so we can cover as many different tools as possible.

For instance i was planing on picking stone axes, spears and hunting knives so we could hunt, skin the animals we killed and chop down the trees for wood. But i change those picks if you guys decide you want to have those.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby lilbooth » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:58 am

RavenLord Wrote:Guys, it will be very metagamey but i think we should coordinate with each other on picking our crafting options so we can cover as many different tools as possible.

For instance i was planing on picking stone axes, spears and hunting knives so we could hunt, skin the animals we killed and chop down the trees for wood. But i change those picks if you guys decide you want to have those.

Ive got level three gathering so I figured stone axe would be a good choice, considering the high gathering will allow me to get more wood/get wood faster? If you want to take axes I will switch mine to bags though.
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Meep Meepersons » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:27 am

BAGS woulds be good for gatherers, so you can carry more stuff.
Meep Meepersons

Postby Leon Glacia » Tue Feb 28, 2017 7:35 am

I've already claimed Spears, I plan to be defense for the gathering group. I might be allowed to go back and edit my post, though.
Leon Glacia

Postby RavenLord » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:18 pm

I haven't claimed anything offically so its easier for me to change my choices.

So i can claim stone pick, stone hunting knife and bag.
Last edited by RavenLord on Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby berserkerhorn » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:43 am

I kind of want to be a defensive character for the taming and base camp. I'm claiming spears??? unless i can change that with picks
Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:31 am

it might be an idea to figure all this out before telling me what you're picking.

As for "claiming things." if you've posted in the ic what you've picked and I've put it on your updated CS i consider it officially.

MelissaB

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:53 am

There is no reason why two people can't both have spears. So far at the base camp we would still need someone to either put some points into sleeping bags or hammocks if we want to sleep safely. We've got

Wooden Club
Bags
Stone Picks
Stone Axes
Spears (x2)
Campfire
Hunting Knives
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby RavenLord » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:25 am

I can get us something from crafting level 3 if one of you guys take the bag and stone axe/stone pick. I could get us bows and arrows and even a building.
RavenLord

Postby MelissaB » Wed Mar 01, 2017 10:15 am

it's nice that instead of listing different building parts to learn i only made it one thing to learn.

MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Wed Mar 01, 2017 5:41 pm

Yeah, you are a real saint Mel. :?
RavenLord

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:08 pm

She is though xD
Meep Meepersons

Postby lilbooth » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:28 pm

Well between An Ying, Bluelight, and Nobudi, we've got 4 crafting items minimum, could be as much as 5-8 if any of them put a point into crafting. I'm not quite sure what the third thing Ying picked was but I have prepared a color codded chart below.
Black=No Knowlege
Green=Knowlege
Blue=Double Knowlege
Purple= High Priority

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Craft 0 – Torch, Spear, Wooden Club, Campfire, Bag,
Craft 1 – Stone Axe, Stone Pick, Sleeping Bag, Sparkpowder, Waterskin, Teepee(tent), Cementing Paste, Mortar And Pestle,
Craft 2 – Cloth Clothing, Bed, Bola, Wooden Shield, Whip, Phiomia(Pig Lizard) Saddle, Fishing Rod, Stone Hunting Knife, Simple Hammock, Standing Torch, Fish Bait, Trap Bait, Deadfall Trap, Slingshot,
Craft 3 – Thatch Buildings, Desert Clothing, Bow, Stone Arrow, Narcotics, Stimulant, Rope Ladder, Pitchfork, Parasaur Saddle, Carbonemys(Giant Turtle) Saddle, Angler Saddle, Castoroides(Giant Beaver) Saddle, Cooking Pot,
I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Nobudi » Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:54 am

Whew, after contracting food poisoning that left me bedridden until now, I can (almost) post again!

So, if we have a recipe, is it possible to share the item recipe by showing it to other players? Because if that's the case, I'll probably go for the torch and waterskin. Can't go dying of dehydration, no?
Nobudi

Postby Meep Meepersons » Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:29 pm

You should try to avoid undercooked foods and cross contamination :[
Meep Meepersons

Postby MelissaB » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:19 pm

Okay now about sharing recipes. If they are the ones upon level up then no. thus are in your brain, and since the others have no memories but the ones from waking up and those imprinted in their minds about said recipes people will have no basis from which to learn it, after all you are the only one shown how the pieces are put together, now found recipes one paper/parchment or whatever they're are in fact wrote upon can be shared.

also waiting for nobudi before i post if you're wondering what the hold up is.

MelissaB

PreviousNext

Return to Out of Character