Ark Tribe Survival OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Ark Tribe Survival OOC

Postby MelissaB » Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Introduction

It’s countless years in the future, your memory has been wiped and your equipment and belongings taken from you, at least you would assume. You’re all in your prime and pulled from where ever you are from to be placed in this... world. The first words that come to you are: Beautiful, untouched and pure. Plant and wildlife run rampant and there you are, trapped together surrounded by monsters so old they seem alien. You are naked and surrounded by others, each of you shares one thing in common and it’s an implant in your wrist, it’s definitely not meant to be there and no matter how hard you scratch it doesn’t come away; it’s embedded as if it was a part of you now. The roar of something dangerously big sounding in the distance as it fights for its domain. You find yourselves on a beach, the crashing of waves hitting the shores and the sounds of birds filling the air as the heat of a scorching sun hits your back.

The Ark

The ark is a land surrounded by islands with huge pillars of floating rock hanging high in the air controlling the weather of the surrounding land and maintaining a safe climate for the creatures within it. Dangers wonders and other tribes await you in the vast jungles, tropic waters, high mountains and snowy tundra plains. How you survive is up to you but the goal is to survive and find out what you’re doing here.

Mechanics

The game will run on a d20 dice. In the case of conflict these dice will be rolled to determine the outcome, stats will be used to give minuses or positives to your roll while also having a passive effect of allowing you to perform certain actions better than others. Sometimes you will need to win rolls over a period these are contested rolls, feats of strength, tug of war or out running your foe count as one of these contested rolls, the number of times you need to win will depend on the difficulty of the roll but usually the average is 3.

Different Environments will make different actions harder or easier while also requiring different gear to survive them, e.g. running around a snowy tundra naked is likely to get you freezing to death same way as wrapped up in fur and wool under a blistering sun might kill you from heat stroke. Entering such areas in equipment too warm or not warm enough will mean I’ll send big warnings of “your freezing... you’re boiling.” when it’s killing you. Cold and warm for friendly reminder as well as to let you know performing acts will now be more difficult, mining rock while your warm is more tiring though whiling chattering your teeth can make even the simplest of tasks seem more troublesome.

The Dangers

Outside of the weather there will be many dangers, dinosaurs, giant bugs, sharks, killer crocs and who knows what else but there are also others in your position, stuck in this place and not all of them are friendly and won’t hesitate to kill you and steal your stuff or capture you as a slave. Getting beaten by a dinosaur is an instant game over as animals don’t take prisoners, getting beaten by another survivor isn’t though if you wish you may pm me and you can create a new survivor as your old one is carted away to serve as a slave for a warring tribe, never know might free yourself in the future. This is however permanent, if you give up on a survivor the survivor is now my npc. I will ultimately decide how time being a captive affected them though I will ask for your input.

Progression

Progressing in the ark will come in a number of ways, there is levelling up which will allow you to add to your stats and pick out of schematics based on your crafting stat. There will also be skills which are awarded by me for various things, great rp, great triumph or utter failure. These skills will make certain actions easier or harder depending on what they are. An example of one would be Raptor Whisperer. (Halves the taming requirement to tame raptors) there are also unique items lining the ark which you can discover and will add a bonus to you by simply finding and possessing it, great weapon of a long dead tribe, a legendary shiny raptor(Pokémon joke)

Character Sheet
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Name:
Appearance:

Core Stats – 10 to spend max of 4
Strength: (helps when fighting and passively makes you able to do more damage) -4
Fortitude: (helps avoid/shrug of damage and toxins, passively helps against weather) -4
Speed: (Ability to outrun or chase down your predators or prey) -4
Swimming: (how quickly you can swim while passively allowing you to swim without air for longer) -4

Misc Stats – 6 to spend max of 4
Crafting: 0 (Crafting is needed to craft certain item, most items need schematics to build and a crafting level to be able to be made)
Taming: 0 (needed to tame wild animals, more dangerous animals require higher tame to be possible to tame)(I expect this to be RPed regardless of how you go about the taming process be it letting them ride you silly or feeding them scraps like humans did to wolves so long ago)
Gathering: 0 (allows you to gather more resources such as food, wood and etc better than others need to make literally everything from basic clothing to a knife to defend yourself)

Skills: (These will be added by me as you progress but not upon level up)

Because of the setting I will allow someone to play something not quite human if they want but it will come with drawbacks and advantages to make it fit, a furry for example will have an easier time with cold but more trouble with heat due to their fur. PM me if you want to play something different or unique and I'll say what needs to be added to the sheet to balance out your creation.

A bio isn't needed as your character has been wiped of his memory so while you might like to write one to build a character around so you know what you want to play it isn't a requirement.

Accepted Characters (6/8)
An Ying Hu

Name: Eve
Appearance: Image

Core Stats –
Strength: -3
Fortitude: -2
Speed: 0
Swimming: -1

Misc Stats -
Crafting: 3
Taming: 2
Gathering: 2

Designs -
Mortal and Pestle
Stimulant
Narcotics

Berserkerhorn

Name: Skylark Valentine

Core Stats –
Strength: -1
Fortitude:-1
Speed:-1
Swimming: -2

Misc Stats –
Crafting:1
Taming: 3

Designs -
Wooden Spear

Lilbooth

Name: Kattie

Core Stats –
Strength: -2
Fortitude: 0
Speed: -1
Swimming: -3

Misc Stats –
Crafting: 1
Gathering: 3

Skills:
Designs -
Pickaxe
Campfire

Meep Meepersons

Name: Agora

Core Stats
Strength: 3
Speed: -4
Swimming: -4

Misc Stats
Crafting: 0
Taming: 4

Skills:
Designs -
Wooden Club

Ravenlord

Name: Karn

Core Stats –
Strength: 0
Speed: -2

Misc Stats –
Crafting: 3
Taming: 1

Skills:
Designs -
Stone Axe
Wooden Spear
Stone Hunting Knife

Nobudi

Name: Skye

Core Stats –
Strength: -3
Fortitude: -3
Speed: 0
Swimming: 0

Misc Stats –
Crafting: 2
Taming: 1

Skills:
Last edited by MelissaB on Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 pm, edited 14 times in total.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Re: Ark Tribe Survival OOC

Postby BlueLight » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:27 pm

As always, WIP. I need to find a good appearance.
Check core stats.
Name: Zukki (Zoo-*pause*-Key)
Appearance:

kitsune.jpeg

Swimming: -2

Last edited by BlueLight on Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
BlueLight
Gangs n' Whores Developer

Postby MelissaB » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:48 pm

as in they start at -4 added one brings it to -3. so while you managed to get it right you seem confused.

also your picture doesn't work.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby BlueLight » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:05 am

MelissaB Wrote:as in they start at -4 added one brings it to -3. so while you managed to get it right you seem confused.

also your picture doesn't work.

Fixed stats. Also ya, didn't really like that pic. Wrong body type, also thinking wrong hair color and to many tails.
Was the best image i could find on short notice that was naked... I know... doesn't make sense. Move along.
BlueLight

Postby MelissaB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 12:06 am

going with the kitsumi then?

yeah take your time, the pic doesn't necessarily need to be naked but you will start that way.

MelissaB

Postby An Ying Hu » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:23 am

Name: Eve
Appearance:

Strength: (helps when fighting and passively makes you able to do more damage) -3
Fortitude: (helps avoid/shrug of damage and toxins, passively helps against weather) -2
Speed: (Ability to outrun or chase down your predators or prey) 0
Swimming: (how quickly you can swim while passively allowing you to swim without air for longer) -1

Crafting: 2 (Crafting is needed to craft certain item, most items need schematics to build and a crafting level to be able to be made)
Taming: 2 (needed to tame wild animals, more dangerous animals require higher tame to be possible to tame)(I expect this to be RPed regardless of how you go about the taming process be it letting them ride you silly or feeding them scraps like humans did to wolves so long ago)
Gathering: 2 (allows you to gather more resources such as food, wood and etc better than others need to make literally everything from basic clothing to a knife to defend yourself)

An Ying Hu

Postby lilbooth » Tue Feb 14, 2017 3:59 am

Name: Kattie
Appearance:

Crafting: 1

I really like purple.
lilbooth

Postby Meep Meepersons » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:26 am

I LOVE THIS GAAAAME!!!! Can I has spot x3x?
Meep Meepersons

Postby Reaperbones » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:34 am

Hmm what to join and what to make if I do join?
Reaperbones

Postby MelissaB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 11:50 am

make a cs meeps

MelissaB

Postby berserkerhorn » Tue Feb 14, 2017 5:04 pm

Name: Skylark Valentine
Appearance:

Amazon close futa  - compressed.jpg

Strength: -1
Speed:-1

Hi. My name is Silk. You're all, uh... under arrest.
berserkerhorn

Postby MelissaB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:21 pm

So that's four already. might give it another day to see if the other two that posted in here create a cs then will get the opening post up.

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:01 pm

Okay! so a question was put forth to me by a player and it seems that the lack of memories might be a little confusing so going to just clear a few things up.

Memories you do possess are as follows
Walking
Talking
Eating
how to swim
that you need warmth to survive
that big angry roaring things are scary
Food is vital
That sex makes babies
that the implant in your wrist shouldn't be there
and etc etc
Your name is optional for those who want their character to pick a new name for themselves when they start(being the name on the cs obviously)

To summarize the information for basic survival is in your brain and what you'd consider caveman thoughts. What you don't have is -everything- else. your friends and families, your old job, the skills you picked up in life. As far as you are aware these things never have existed for you

you have your natural talents hence the misc stats not starting at 0.

A request was also made about remembering things from your old life as you progress, after consideration I agreed but these will be given out in skills example you were butcher in your old life I might give you a skill about preparing meat or making the most from an animal's corpse. if anyone wants this little addition pm me with a short idea of what your character was doing before hand so i can keep it on file. This is only if you want to and it no way gives an advantage over the others that don't. it's just a little flavor thing to make the characters more that, characters and not toons.

MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:57 pm

Name: Karn
Appearance:

Strength: 4-4=0 (helps when fighting and passively makes you able to do more damage)
Fortitude: 3-4=-1 (helps avoid/shrug of damage and toxins, passively helps against weather)
Speed: 2-4=-2 (Ability to outrun or chase down your predators or prey)
Swimming: 1-4=-3 (how quickly you can swim while passively allowing you to swim without air for longer)

Crafting: 3 (Crafting is needed to craft certain item, most items need schematics to build and a crafting level to be able to be made)
Taming: 1 (needed to tame wild animals, more dangerous animals require higher tame to be possible to tame)(I expect this to be RPed regardless of how you go about the taming process be it letting them ride you silly or feeding them scraps like humans did to wolves so long ago)
Gathering: 2 (allows you to gather more resources such as food, wood and etc better than others need to make literally everything from basic clothing to a knife to defend yourself)

Last edited by RavenLord on Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:58 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby BlueLight » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:13 am

MelissaB Wrote:Okay! so a question was put forth to me by a player and it seems that the lack of memories might be a little confusing so going to just clear a few things up.

Memories you do possess are as follows
Walking
Talking
Eating
how to swim
that you need warmth to survive
that big angry roaring things are scary
Food is vital
That sex makes babies
that the implant in your wrist shouldn't be there
and etc etc
Your name is optional for those who want their character to pick a new name for themselves when they start(being the name on the cs obviously)

To summarize the information for basic survival is in your brain and what you'd consider caveman thoughts. What you don't have is -everything- else. your friends and families, your old job, the skills you picked up in life. As far as you are aware these things never have existed for you

you have your natural talents hence the misc stats not starting at 0.

A request was also made about remembering things from your old life as you progress, after consideration I agreed but these will be given out in skills example you were butcher in your old life I might give you a skill about preparing meat or making the most from an animal's corpse. if anyone wants this little addition pm me with a short idea of what your character was doing before hand so i can keep it on file. This is only if you want to and it no way gives an advantage over the others that don't. it's just a little flavor thing to make the characters more that, characters and not toons.

Okay so let me see if i can guess the story line from info given in this post.

We've all been kidnapped for our great survivalist skills. Our minds have been wiped of intellectual pursuits. This doesn't effect physical activity remembered through muscles memory. For instances, the survivers might not remember how to read and write (as an intellectual activity), but might know how to type, even if complete jibgrish resulted but not actual words. Same with a pen. They might not know how to form word/letter, but how to grip the pen, and make a line is possible. This would explain the survival skills, well surviving.

As for what is the purpose of our being here? It's quite obvious a eugenics experiment or study. Seeing if current level earth humanoids could be bred into surviving conditions before mammal ruled the animal kingdom. Along with seeing how a even higher oxygen environment effects homo sapians.

EDIT
Also i added a profile picture to my bio again. A different one.
BlueLight

Postby MelissaB » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:41 am

No you didn't.

I'd be tempted to say you're wrong blue but that would also give way to others "trying" to figure out my plot. it's an interesting concept but given some of your cses don't tend towards great survivalist I'd argue against it if that was my only reason to.

secondly no... see typing is utter muscle memory which is still memory muscle memory is simply remembering where your body needs to be to do certain actions allowing you to mere think about hitting a certain key and as you know how far you need to move to get to it due to a lot of practice and memory of where it is you can type. this is however a memory. it's not something stored by your muscles and it's something you can very much forget by not doing it for a long time. so no you won't know how to hold a pen or how to type. the difference between memories like that and survival memories is that survival memories are generally primal, it's an inner feeling of fear, that warmth is nice and cold isn't, why you shield yourself some bitter winds. it's an animal thing. it's something you naturally do.

Learning to walk isn't something that takes years... it does in humans because a human baby's legs can't support them, baby animals can learn the same day they're born. which is why you are capable of walking and running and even swimming babies can do naturally. same with eating once you have teeth, only reason babies can't is because they lack teeth so need to nurse and their deity up to solids has been purely liquid. we can assume yours as adults hasn't been. so you can eat. fear is a primal emotion to protect one self, every animal has it. and quite a lot have it naturally so being frightened of big scary roaring things is a naturally reaction and i can assume you'd have it. talking is literally the only one on there i can se you not having but kept in place because i'd like you to be able to interact with each other outside of grunts

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:43 am

additional: so many typos but too little fucks to correct them.

MelissaB

Postby BlueLight » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:02 am

MelissaB Wrote:No you didn't.

Assuming you're talking about my pic added, and not my last post, then something went wrong with the edit.
Here is what i see when i look at my post
http://imgur.com/p8sRm6G

I used LoK attachment system so i assume it wouldn't have a problem displaying the pic unlike some sites.
BlueLight

Postby Nobudi » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:36 am

Any spots left on this? I might want in on this if there's room.
Nobudi

Postby Meep Meepersons » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:40 am

Name: Agora
Appearance:

Core Stats
Strength: 2
Speed: -4
Swimming: -4

Misc Stats
Crafting: 0
Taming: 4

Just ignore the clothes,sword and jewelry xD
Last edited by Meep Meepersons on Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Meep Meepersons

Next

Return to Out of Character