Bloodbowl RPG (Recruiting)

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Bloodbowl RPG (Recruiting)

Postby exalted » Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:08 am

So yeah... thought about changing the name of the fluid, but said no, was too easy and we're better than that.

TL;DR
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

A Fantasy Football RPG... like literal Fantasy Football with Orcs and Elves and stuff.

The Story:

Dildo Daggins, the Halfling, thought he had it all after he helped those Dwarfs with their quest and came back to the Moot bearing wagons of loot. He decided to settle down and spend his money fulfilling his dreams and passions (and eating, there was so much eating). First he bought a wife, an Elf with long legs and great rack, and with that passion taken care of her addressed his second, Bloodbowl. Daggins had been a lifelong fan of the sport, erecting a small shrine Nuffle each Sunday and watching the game with his friends, he'd even tried to play once but that ended much the same way it did for most halflings; but things were different now, now he had money.

If a team made up of Halflings couldn't win than a team owned by a Halfling would, and Daggins went about seeing to this. He purchased franchises for two teams from the Commission, one for the majors and one for the minors, but these would be no teams filled with Halflings. Instead Daggins planned to use his fortune to lure the best players of the sport, regardless of race, and create the greatest 'All Star" team ever seen. The minor league scouted up-and-coming but inexperienced talent to be mentored by veteran players past their prime.

His plan had one fatal flaw. When buying his wife, he forgot to make sure she did not have a brain, and the conniving Elf who had bided her time was ready to strike. She filed for divorce in a High Elf court and was awarded half of Daggins' property and fortune, taking with her his prised All Stars; but Daggins has not given up, he still has his team Minor League team and the season is about to start.

Character:

You are a player for Daggins new Blood Bowl, made up of fresh talented players. The team is made up of players from all races of the Old World and is sure to create quite a scene on the circuit.

You can pick a player from any race or category from Blood Bowl (a link to living rulebook is below). This will form the basis for your stats and role in the team. You will start as a basic character from that player type, with whatever starting skills that player type has (i.e. A Witch Elf would have Dodge and Frenzy and Jump Up).

Mechanics:

The RP will be split into two components: Games and Off Time.

Games will use an abstraction of the Blood Bowl Rules with content focusing around playing the sport. Players will be able to take actions within reason and as anything already goes in Blood Bowl you a free to get creative with you 'blocks' and 'fouls'. I will give a dice/outcome bonus to creative ideas and plays.

Off Time will focus on content off the pitch for players to get up to all manner of shenanigans.

Players will have an additional Mental Stat line to address the increased range of interactions that come with RPs and to give your characters some depth.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Race:
Position: (Player type, Blitzer, Thrower, Treeman etc)
Appearance:

Physical Stats: (From Rule Book)
MA
ST
AG
AV

Mental Stats: (10pts to split amongst)
Intelligence: (Book smarts etc, allows you to read opponents plays etc)
Wisdom: (Steet Smarts etc, how easily you can be fooled etc)
Charisma (How likeable you are etc. how well you can deceive and flirt)
Integrity (How well you can resist bribes and licentious advances etc)

Link to living Rule Book:
http://www.bloodbowlgamers.com/downloads/LRB6.pdf
exalted

Re: Bloodbowl RPG (Recruiting)

Postby RavenLord » Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:13 am

Name: Lord Solus the Desolator
Race: Chaos
Position: Chaos Warrior
Appearance:

Lord Solus.jpg

MA: 5
ST: 4
AG: 3
AV: 9

Intelligence: 2 (Book smarts etc, allows you to read opponents plays etc)
Wisdom: 3 (Street Smarts etc, how easily you can be fooled etc)
Charisma: 4 (How likeable you are etc. how well you can deceive and flirt)
Integrity:1 (How well you can resist bribes and licentious advances etc)

A merciless warrior and a killer from North, Solus is a potential nightmare in the making on Bloodbowl the pitch. As a chaos warrior, he is clever and cunning as he is strong and ruthless, making him a valuable addition to any team. Solus' reason for joining the team is simple, he wants to become a Legend and murder everyone that opposes him along the way.
Last edited by RavenLord on Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:05 am, edited 4 times in total.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Name: Melaine Shadestep
Race: Dark Elf
Position: Runner
Appearance:

MA: 7
ST: 3
AG: 4
AV: 7

Dump-off

Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 1
Charisma 4
Integrity 3

Melaine loved watching the prime-time matches through Cabalvision while living with her sisters in Naggaroth. It wasn't until she saw the legendary Thrud on the pitch, however, that she became enthralled! She signed up with Dildo Daggins (mostly because no-one else wanted her) in the hope that, one day, she'd get to meet her idol, and get blind drunk!
Last edited by Gorbaz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby MelissaB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:29 pm

Name: Elivia Thornwood
Race: Wood Elf
Position: Wardancer
Appearance:

MA: 8
ST: 3
AG: 4
AV: 7
Skills:
Block, Dodge, Leap
Intelligence: 2
Wisdom: 2
Charisma 4
Integrity 2
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:28 pm

We need some orcs, maybe some humans and a lizard or two. No dwarves though, they are cancer. Amazons. Amazons would be awesome.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby GoodnightNinja » Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:48 am

Name: Mapleleaf Ambermane
Race: Treeman
Position: Treeman (Halfling Team Version)

Appearance:

Physical Stats:
MA 2
ST 6
AG 1
AV 10

Abilities:
Mighty Blow - Bonus to inflicted armor or injury rolls.
Stand Firm - Can't be pushed unless willing.
Strong Arm - Bonus to passing rolls.
Take Root - Chance of rooting in place, reducing MA to 0 until knocked down.
Thick Skull - Chance to be stunned instead of KO'd.
Throw Teammate - Throw a throwable teammate!

Mental Stats:
Intelligence: 3
Wisdom: 1
Charisma: 3
Integrity: 3

A relatively young spirit, Mapleleaf had become one of the treemen earlier than most due to dire circumstances. Now, she's doing what she can to enjoy her permanent form. Turns out, Blood Bowl seemed really fun! While she might be smaller at a mere seven feet tall, she's just as mighty as her kin, and just as resilient. Her youthful spirit makes her an ideal addition to a rag-tag team, and makes her more tolerant of their bullshit, something that older treemen have a lot of trouble dealing with.

(If players/GM are kinda bleh about the idea of a tree on their team, I can think of something else. I just thought it'd be fun to play one of the big centerpieces that no serious team actually uses. XD)
Always ready for a fun futanari, tentacle, or lesbian RP!
GoodnightNinja

Postby exalted » Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:37 am

Okay, will leave this open for one more day to see if anyone else is interested before getting the game going.

I'll be adding in a few NPCs to fill gaps in the team and give you characters to interact with.
exalted

Postby RavenLord » Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 am

Start us out Exalted. You can add other characters as they come.
RavenLord

Postby exalted » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:51 pm

In character is up, sorry for the delay but didn't really have a choice with the site being down.
exalted

Postby RavenLord » Sat Jan 07, 2017 7:26 am

I love how all-stars didn't try to mess with the Mr.Scary Warrior. Guess you really dont mess with the guy who can reduce you to av7 and make you his bitch
RavenLord

Postby exalted » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:17 am

Sorry for the delay... was big post I had to do. All outcomes were dramatisations of the dice rolls I did, I didn't put up the raw scores because of how much longer that would have taken and made the post oh my god longer.

If you would like the raw scores listed for your character than let me know I and I'll try to do so in the future.

Current plan is you will do a short practise game and then have some free time to stuff around with.

I will have a list of NPCs up shortly.
exalted

Postby MelissaB » Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:28 am

it's fine I too find it tiresome to write the rolls in with the stuff, as long as it's clear what happens then I don't mind by all means. Also loved the ball getting stuck in the helm guessing I jsut made the catch
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby exalted » Mon Jan 09, 2017 1:13 am

Next post is up.

Hopefully this will be the last of my mechanic tests before getting into serious competitions.

Feel free to plan here or by whatever means you want.

If you don't want to organise yourselves I'll assign team roles.
exalted

Postby exalted » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:25 pm

Sorry for the delay in posting, have been waiting for GNN to post.

I will post this evening regardless. (it's currently morning for me at my time of posting)
exalted

Postby exalted » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:41 am

Yeah... so lost part of my roof in a storm and have a stomach bug so I'll try to get a post up tomorrow some time.
exalted

Postby exalted » Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:11 am

Post is up.

In the future I will hopefully a map of the field done for "game" posts, but I thought it more important to get something up asap rather than faff about with maps this time.

Elivia is in scoring distance of the line if she had the ball. Melaine would be is she wasn't down
exalted

Postby RavenLord » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:46 am

You can use the the pitch map i have given you. If you decide to do so, i might even draw and colour tokens for each of our characters and maybe some named NPCs.
RavenLord

Postby Gorbaz » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:34 am

Also, I'm brimming with ideas! If you need any reserve players, I can come up with a few.

But not Lil' Skittles. That skink is about as good as you can get as a star player. Only injured once in his time on the field, generally scored at least 2 touchdowns himself every game, and even killed another player who tried to tackle him.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby exalted » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:21 pm

So I started working on a map for this post but after 1 1/2 hours it still looked like crap and it was too hard to make out all the different sprites to really be of any use.

I will keep experimenting with ideas for the future (it may become I just use letters on the field to show who is who instead of sprites.) Also in a few weeks I'll have my own BB pitch so I might just use a real one with models and take photos.
exalted

Postby RavenLord » Tue Jan 17, 2017 3:25 pm

Is Solus standing in the tacklezones of any opposing players or is he free?
RavenLord

Next

Return to Out of Character