The Emperor Orders You To Die! OOC

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

The Emperor Orders You To Die! OOC

Postby MelissaB » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:35 pm

Introduction

A misfit bunch gathered in a drop pod over a hostile environment, chained into place to stop you from being able to run, looking around you see people you would never consider allies but it's clear that to survive you'll be working together or dying on this world or the countless other worlds you be sent to next. For whatever reason you found yourself here, you're only allies are those that share your fate and with the words of the Inquisition of the Imperium you will be sent into worlds and places they expect you to die, this is your execution not a way of salvation, you're only hope of survival is to obey and get the job done or die trying earning yourself at least a decent death and possibly redemption to those that it's able to achieve.

Character Creation

Spoiler (click to show/hide):

When creating a character for the suicide squad know there is a reason, a poor choice misfortune or a captured enemy sent into situations so dangerous it’s almost a form of execution or a combination of those that has led you to this, you’re there to die and possibly get the job done in the process, each mission can end your character’s life or corrupt them further, each mission has great risk and low rewards, due to the nature of the missions each of you are equipped with equipment that can be afforded to be lost with your lives, you are left there with a goal with no hope of rescue until it’s complete giving you only one course of action, do as you have been told or die, and likely die trying as well.

Any race of Warhammer 40K is allowed (I’ve loosely bent the rules for it to be so) each race will give you a bonus to your stats or a negative in some minor regards the only race not allowed are true monster races, Necrons, daemons Tyranids and especially Chaos Marines. bare in mind that regardless of your choice of race something must of led you to be forced into working for the Imperium and the Inquisition captured, signs of corruption from the chaos gods, disfavor from the imperial traitor whatever it is it must fit that you have been given the choice and accepted it to fight for the emperor in the most deadly missions possible and and likely to die every time you are sent out.

Race -
Guard: +2 S, T, WS, BS, I, +1 LD (Guardsman)
Space marine: +3, WS, BS, S, T, I, +2 LD (Marine)
Sister of Battle:+2 WS, +3 BS, +2 S, T, I, Ld (sister)
Dark Eldar: + 3 WS, BS, +2 S, T, +5 I, +2 LD (Wych)
Eldar: +2 WS. BS, S, T. +3 I, +2 Ld. (Guardian)
Tau: +1 WS, +2 BS, S, T +1 I, LD (Fire Warrior)
Ork: +3 WS, +1 BS, +2 S, +3 T + 1 I, A, LD (Ork Boy)

The stats I have listed are for the base troop choices of these races you are all to pick any race from those factions that is a infantry character be it jump infantry or not but nothing else it can also not be characters such as champions or special characters. The stats are from the source books that determine their stats so simply tell me what you wish to play, you’re equipment will be determined by what you pick in regards to unit type class, you are not limited to the ones I’ve left out but they are there for those that don’t know everything available and wish a choice.

Character sheet

Name:
Race:
Speciality: (ranged/melee)
Appearance:

Stats -
Weapon Skill: 1
Ballistic Skill: 1
Strength: 1
Toughness: 1
Wounds: 1
Attacks: 1
Initiative: 1
Leadership: 6

Equipment -
Ranged Weapon:
Melee Weapon:
Armour:
Relic:
Utility:

Bio:
Last edited by MelissaB on Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Re: The Emperor Orders You To Die! OOC (WIP)

Postby MelissaB » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:35 pm

Placeholder
A succubus. Poor misunderstood young ladies... they just want a little bit of love, little bit of death. Just like the rest of us -Gnarl

"Beware the Users of "Yo" I've got a big hammer to hit you with upon it's use" - Mel
MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:36 pm

placeholder

MelissaB

Postby Gorbaz » Sun Jan 01, 2017 1:37 am

You know me an 40K...

Name: Elsina
Reason for suicide squad Draft: Heresy through possession of non-approved luck charm.
Race: Human (Sororitas)
Speciality: Ranged
Appearance:

Stats -
Weapon Skill: 3
Ballistic Skill: 4
Strength: 3
Toughness: 3
Initiative: 3
Leadership: 8

Equipment -
Ranged Weapon: Boltgun
Melee Weapon:
Armour: Power armour
Relic:
Utility: Frag and Krak grenades

Bio: Sister Elsina had, like all other members of the Order Militant, been recruited at infancy, and trained constantly throughout her life. She was assigned to the Order of the Silver Shroud, and knew no other life than one of battle and prayer for many years of her adult life. She earned her place in a Retribution squad due to her physical size and strength, wielding her assigned heavy bolter with a passion, and was set to serve for the rest of her life. That was, until she was purging heretics on a backwater that she didn't bother to learn the name of. After securing a pillaged Ecclisiarchy temple, she picked up a small effigy clearly not of the God Emperor. About to discard it, an explosion threw shrapnel into the building, Elsina reflexively shielding herself with the effigy. To her surprise, the shards of metal that would have sliced into her face and neck had, instead, become lodged in its form, or sent spinning off. Believing that it must be blessed, she kept it on her person, until it came to the notice of her sister superior, who removed it from her possession on the grounds of carrying a heretical item, and sentenced her to the Repentia. However, before the rituals could be carried out, she was given another choice...
Last edited by Gorbaz on Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Postby MelissaB » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:11 am

Gorbaz, give yourself a boltgun power armor and frag grenades. you have no melee weapon

MelissaB

Re: The Emperor Orders You To Die! OOC

Postby exalted » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:01 am

Name: Sister Rosette
Reason for suicide squad Draft: Guard/Chaplain, Protector of the team's/Emperor's immortal souls
Race: Human (SoB
Speciality: Ranged (Close Ranged)
Appearance:

Stats -
Initiative: 3
Leadership: 6

Equipment - Jump Pack
Ranged Weapon: Twin Bolt Pistols
Melee Weapon:
Armour: Power
Relic:
Utility:

Bio:
Rosette came from a small convent, secluded from the Imperium and wickedness of the unfaithful, She was taught to be loyal, taught to be faithful, chaste and pure, to avoid temptation... her teachers had a hard time. Rosette was always inquisitive about things and often naive about her discoveries, not understanding the context, but always faithful and loyal to her Superiors and their instructions.

Rosette had only just finished her training and joined her Military Order when she assigned to small convent of in a remote wild. At the convent her Sister Superior had tasked her with assisting a local priest, who Rosette felt, but never confessed, liked his communal wine a bit too much. One night, when the man had consumed too much wine he called for Rosette to aide him with a cramp in his leg.

When she arrived she found the Priest minus his robes laid out on his bed and ordered her to massage the area. Conflicted but dutiful, Rosette reported the incident to her Superior. Rosette was surprised when she was suddenly promoted to Seraphim, tasked and tasked with tending to the lost souls of Penal Legion. (For little did Rosette know that her Superior had fallen for the same trap and worse of the licentious Priest in the past, and desperate to cover up the incident had seconded Rosette in the furthest and most dangerous place possible so the incident should never come to light)
Last edited by exalted on Wed Jan 04, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
exalted

Postby MelissaB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:50 pm

Sorry exalted the relic option was for me if I was giving you special unique items also need to give your 3 T, and 3 I

MelissaB

Postby MelissaB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:06 pm

An Ying Hu's CS

Name: Harra
Reason For Suicide Squad Draft: Imprisoned and Forced
Race: Dark Eldar
Speciality: Ranged
Appearance:

Stats -
Weapon Skill: 4
Ballistic Skill: 5
Initiative: 5

Equipment -
Ranged Weapon: ShardCarbine
Melee Weapon: Knife
Armour: Ghostplate
Relic:
Utility:

Bio: Haara had always been a rationalist among the Dark Eldar, often finding herself at odds with her people's chaotic inclinations; which isn't to say that she was not a hedonist - she just saw the bickering between Dark Eldar as an impediment to achieving true power, her ideal being a merging of Eldar proficiencies with their own to form an invulnerable force.

Naturally, she kept such opinions to herself for the most of her life, excelling at being an inventor and arcane scientist, always finding new ways to make deadly weapons and armour even deadlier, her ruthless efficiency in battle always at its peak, her people left her alive as they valued her for that, among other things not the least being her lust. Suffice it to say, her relocation to realspace.
Last edited by MelissaB on Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MelissaB

Postby RavenLord » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:15 pm

Name: Ryvhan Kraal
Reason for suicide squad Draft: Renegade Space Marine
Race: Human/Space Marine
Speciality: Assault/Stealth
Appearance: Going to draw this myself

Stats -
Weapon Skill: 4
Strength: 4
Toughness: 4
Initiative: 4

Equipment -
Ranged Weapon: Bolt pistol
Melee Weapon: Chainsword
Armour: Power Armor
Relic:
Utility: Jump Pack, Frag Granades, Krak Granades.

Bio: A sole survivor from a renegade space marine chapter that had deserted the Imperium for [CLASSIFIED] reasons.
"You see? The one who wins is the one who has the bigger weapon." - Immortal Baron Vorg
RavenLord

Postby Phoenixcz » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:06 pm

I guess psykers counts as special characters, don't they? Also, psychic powers are propably too much of a bother to use
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MelissaB » Tue Jan 03, 2017 10:19 pm

they do yes

MelissaB

Postby Phoenixcz » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:07 am

Name: Ellya
Reason for suicide squad Draft: being a filthy xeno
Race: craftworld Eldar (guardian)
Speciality: ranged
Appearance:

It's not easy finding a good picture of female Eldar that's not farseer or howling banshee

Stats -
Ballistic Skill: 3
Initiative: 4

Equipment -
Ranged Weapon:
Melee Weapon:
Armour:
Relic:
Utility:

Bio:

Subject: female Eldar soldier ("Guardian")
-Subject was captured in the battle of Xuphus III along with the rest of her squad after their transport vehicle ("Wave Serpent") was shot down during the battle (see report 3881/xu3 for details)
-All captured xenos were interrogated, but only the squad leader ("Warlock") provided useful intelligence. Rest of the xenos were scheduled to be executed
-Despite showing light resistance to other interrogation methods, subject proved surprisingly cooperative when threatened with the destruction of psychoactive crystalline jewel ("Spirit Stone") in her possession or death after having the jewel taken from her, fearing that her soul would be consumed by [REDACTED] after her death without the jewel's protection (see Inquisitor Czevak's notes on Eldar for details of Eldar beliefs)
-Believing the xeno could be of further use to the Imperium, Inquisitor [REDACTED] aborted subject's execution and took her to his personal custody
-Threats of death and the inquisitor's possession of the aforementioned jewel proved themselves sufficient to keep subject compliant
Note: subject shows extreme agitation during Warp travel. Sedation or other means of keeping her calm recommended (see addendum 3 for details of Eldar biology and list of useful medication)
=][=
If it takes me two weeks or more to respond to a RP without prior notice, send me a PM. It's more likely I've missed the last post, forgot or got distracted and need a little reminder rather than deciding to drop the game without warning.
Phoenixcz

Postby MelissaB » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:13 am

I'm dropping this, sorry but thanks for the effort in the CSs

MelissaB

Postby Gorbaz » Thu Jan 05, 2017 12:37 pm

I could give a go of trying to run it for a mission or two, but you'd need to let me know what system you were planning on using with all the stats and stuff
One way, or another, I'm going to find you, I'll get you, I'll get you!
Gorbaz

Return to Out of Character