Daughters of the Old Ones[Recruitment Open]

A forum for recruitment and out-of-character role-play discussion.

Daughters of the Old Ones[Recruitment Open]

Postby Lorielle » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:19 am

"18XX And i have made the greatest discovery of my lifetime, no of century. All will marvel at what secrets and wonders lie beyond the threshold of imagination. But unfortunately for myself and my team..we cannot step through the gate, a mystical barrier shields it from us, but my assistant Carla passed through the gate perfectly! She was gone for a number of hours and when she came back she was perfectly unharmed, though i notice shes not entirely herself, she fidgets often and asks many times if she can go back through the gate. I ponder her condition, but its nothing more than a fleeting feeling. For now it's time to recruit the brightest and strongest minds in London." -Dr. James Rickert

Taking inspiration from old Cthulhu myth, Darkest Dungeon, and steampunk welcome to this 2v2(possibly another 2) dungeon crawl. 2 groups will venture through the Gate and will end up exploring the dungeons, the 2 team's goals are to come back with artifacts and notes and observations about their adventures in the Beyond. Characters will level up and advance when they come back from the Beyond or when they find safe rooms.

Classes and Main stats:
Spoiler (click to show/hide):

Brawler: Able to take hits as well as dish them out brawlers fight with their fists or any other weapon they can get their hands on.(Str and End)

Fencer: Graceful and deadly fencers use their rapiers with deadly efficiency, though will often choose to dodge an attack rather than take it.(Dex)

Gunslinger: Revolvers change the battlefield and gunslingers can unload devastating attacks from close range.(Dex)

Sniper: Who needs pistols when you can have a rifle, Snipers can put bullets down range hitting targets near and far with precision.(Dex and Wis)

Puppeteer: An inventor by heart Puppeteers control constructs from tiny golems to massive warmachines, they can adapt to many situations the Beyond will through at them.(Cha and Wis)

Alchemist: Crazy concoctions prove useful when aiding and ailing people, cunning and conniving Alchemists play a pivotal support role in the beyond, while still being a force of nature by themselves.(Int and End)

Class traits: Choose 1

Brawler: Protector- +2 Con, Monsters suffer -1 when attack ally if you are are not grappled or incapacitated
Devastator: +1 STR +1 Con, deal +3 damage on any undamaged monsters.

Fencer: Duelist- Per encounter Single out 1 Monster +2 to hit and damage
Elusive: +2 when breaking out of grapples, Monsters have -2 to hit

Gunslinger: Fan the Hammer: Can burst fire 3 bullets in 1 round each bullet after the first has -1 to hit.
Sharpshooter: gather concentration for 1 round, next attack is a guaranteed hit and deals double damage.

Sniper: One shot one kill: First successful attack of any encounter is an autocrit
Natural Leader: Half your Wis modifier rounded down is given to your ally as a bonus to hit if you are not grappled or incapacitated.

Puppeteer: Attack golem: Golem is able to attack on your behalf as well distract monsters, uses wisdom for bonus hit and dodge. +2 damage on attacks (10 HP)
Support golem: While able to still fight is a capable to healer, uses Cha to determine healing strength. (5 Hp)

Alchemist: Medic: healing is doubled and provides +2 to hit for 2 encounters
Self medicating: Using stimulants on yourself have no negative effects and give you +2 to damage on top of normal stimulant bonuses.

Character sheet:

Name:
Class:
Level: 1

HP: 10 + Endurance
LP: 10 + Wisdom
Sanity: 100/100

Stats (10 points to spend, no stat can be lower than -4 or higher than +4, to start)
Strength: -1
Dexterity: -1
Endurance: -1
Intellect: -1
Wisdom: -1
Charisma: -1
Trait:

Skills: (Select 3 skills Either double down on your class or expand out and fill in gaps. Be specific. Examples include: Survival Skills, Riding, Crafting[potions] Crafting[stimulants] Investigation, Healing, etc.)

Biography: (Childhood, Family, Education and Career Choice)
Personality: (Views on freedom and security, nature versus nurture teaching, etc. What is her view of the world?)
Description: (Include height, weight, and minimum paragraph description and/or a picture.)
Equipment: Backpack, Rations (2 days), Bedroll, Dagger, (Brawler: 1 weapon 1 shield Armor[any type] or 1 Armor, +50 gold. Fencer: Rapier 1 Armor[light or medium] Gunslinger: Revolver[6 bullets] 1 armor[light or medium] 30 bullets. Sniper 1 clockwork rifle[clip 5] 1 armor[light] 20 bullets. Puppeteer 1 weapon 1 Armor[light], +10 gold or medical kit . Alchemist: 3 potions of healing, 1 stim of strength(+2 to hit +2 to damage -2 to dex) Medical kit or 2 Stimulants of strength(+2 to hit +2 to damage -2 to dex) 1 Stimulant of insight(+2 Int +2 wis -2 con) 1 potion of healing, medical kit ).
Currency: 0 gold.

I'll leave recruitment open until Nov. 23 6PM PST and characters will be chosen randomly and teams assigned randomly. Everyone else will be put into a reserve list, when characters go insane they'll get shuffled out and a 3rd team might get going depending.

Team 1: Noubudi & KnightVanilla
Team 2: CondorBoH & Mark3000
Last edited by Lorielle on Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lorielle

Re: Daughters of the Old Ones[Recruitment Open]

Postby CondorBoH » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 am

I'd like to book a slot. I'll make a character once I'm back from work (5-6 hours)
CondorBoH

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:17 am

I'm Almost done my CS, just have to find a proper image. I should have one up by tomorrow.
Mark3000

Postby CondorBoH » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:49 am

Name: Alexandra Marshall
Sex: Futa
Class: Gunslinger

HP: 11
LP: 10

Stats
Dexterity: 3
Endurance: 1
Wisdom: 0
Charisma: 2
Trait: Sharpshooter

Skills: Blacksmith: Gunsmith, Survival Skills: Game Hunting, First Aid: Basic

Biography: Alexandra wasn't born to a particularly wealthy family, but they got by nonetheless. Her father and mother worked as blacksmiths. An intensely physical profession that was somewhat unfit to the almost-frail young girl. But she still wanted to learn from her ol' pop, even skipping her school to stay at home and watch him work. As she grew, she became more skilled in the art, though a lack of physical strength did pose some difficulty. She knew that if she kept at it, she'd grow to be as strong as her mum and pop. But things changed... in a good way! Sometime after her 18th year, a bounty-hunter came to town, who wanted to have her guns repaired by Mr Marshall. Alexandra displayed a frighteningly adept skill when working with the weapon, that surprised even her father. The cowgirl took a liking to her... which lead to young Alex's first 'adult' experience. Once she shipped out, Alex knew what she wanted to do with her life. Like that, a wanderer, mercenary and bounty hunter. Granted, she had a somewhat romanticized view on things after sleeping with one, but you know. She practiced with both the use of and construction of firearms and, after a few years, managed to make her dream come true.

Now, a Brit friend of hers has summoned her from her stompin' grounds in America to take his place on a rather... interesting investigation.

Personality: Alex took the stereotyped and romantic view of a mercenary and ran with it. She's charming in a way, but is tough as nails and would kick a man when he's down without any hesitation. Her constructed image is rather lady-like, but she's far more foul then her good clothes imply. She values freedom above all else, but has an understanding of those who wish to remain bound to their home and beliefs. While her pop did his best to prepare her for the world, he only did so much and her true teacher was getting her ass kicked a few times. Definitely Nature on that answer. Alexandra's view on the world is rather flexible. She has a rule to believe what the client wants to believe, it'll help her get through the job. That said, this job is something else.

Description: https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2290652

Equipment: Backpack, Rations (2 days), Bedroll, Dagger, Revolver[6 bullets] 1 armor[light] 30 bullets.
CondorBoH

Postby KnightVanilla » Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Name: Elise Ashford
Sex: Female
Class: Puppeteer

HP: 10
LP: 14

Stats (10 points to spend, no stat can be lower than -4 or higher than +4, to start)
Strength: -4
Dexterity: 2
Endurance: 0
Wisdom: 4
Charisma: 3
Trait:Attack Golem

Skills: Persuasion, Detect Motive, First Aid: High

Biography: An intellectual when it comes to the ways of life. Elise may not have had a favorable education, but that has yet to stop her to learn of medicines and things of such a nature. Her role as a healer, doctor, and protector of the wounded was gained by the trials and tribulations of war. Whether the fight was on the battlefields or in some gang violence. Her childhood only developed her to know the intricate deviant behavior of the people. Picking up on subtle notes that allowed her to know that not everyone has pure intentions upon interacting with her or her friends.

The creation and maintance of a golem was an easy thing. Her partner Bec and her had been born together and experienced life together. Having lovingly named the thing that acts as her guardian angel. Upon finally completing their service within the military they were contracted for one more job that would set them for life should things turn out as she hoped.

Personality: Elise has a rather flexible view of the world. Understanding that life is ultimately defined to be a pure paradox. The desire of freedom can not be realized without being aware of its lacking. As security sacrifices freedom for the comfort from those that would abuse freedoms. This has given her a rather easy going view on life not taking most things seriously unless she knows the possibility of a threat.

Description:

Equipment: Backpack, Rations (2 days), Bedroll, Dagger, staff(dex weapon), 1 Armor[light], medical kit
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Mark3000 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:30 pm

Name: Lola Heavyfeather

Sex: (Futa)

Class: Alchemist

Self medicating: Using stimulants on yourself have no negative effects and give you +2 to damage on top of normal stimulant bonuses.

HP: 10 + 3 = 13
LP: 10 – 4 = 6

Strength: 1
Dexterity: 2
Endurance: 3
Intellect: 4
Wisdom: -4
Charisma: -2

Skills:
Crafting [Stimulants]
Knowledge [Nature]
Healing

Biography: Lola was born into abject poverty. Her family would go days without food or a proper roof over their head. One day they stumbled upon a local physician who offered to buy the young child from her parents. They accepted thinking she might be able to live a proper life. In true, the man was a rouge alchemist and he had bought Lola to be used as a test subject for his various concoctions. He gave her potion after potion and jotted down the effects. However even as a girl Lola proved resilient and survived these life threatening trials. The years’ worth of drugs did have an effect, granting her a cock and an unusually active libido once she came of age.

One day, the physician invited her into his private chamber. The doctor was now an elderly man with no heirs or apprentices. Since she was the only test subject not to die or lose their minds due to the experimentation, the physician took the girl as his assistant. For Lola’s part, she didn’t mind. These lab walls were all she really knew. It was on her master’s orders that she was asked to assist an old friend investigate this Gate

Personality: Lola is a very submissive yet unstable woman who does all she can to please others. She was taught to always do what’s she’s told and listen to her elders and superiors. Instead of confronting the world, she prefers to let others take the lead as she follows. Freedom has always been something far from her reach and so she instead focuses on finding security and peace of mind.

Description: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2387961

Equipment: Backpack, Rations (2 days), Bedroll, Dagger, (Alchemist: 2 Stimulants of strength(+2 to hit +2 to damage -2 to dex) 1 Stimulant of insight(+2 Int +2 wis -2 con) 1 potion of healing, medical kit ).

Last edited by Mark3000 on Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mark3000

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 4:24 am

Alright we have 3 players so this may end up as just solo adventures for each one of you. All the classes are designed in a way they they should be able to handle themselves in a fight and the 2 support characters decided to take the more combat oriented subclasses.

So I'll start the post either later tonight or tomorrow morning. I'll link the post when it's up.
Lorielle

Postby Nobudi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:16 am

Might be interested in joining in.
Nobudi

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:17 am

Oh sure if you wanna join that'll let me set up the two vs two scenario.
Lorielle

Postby Nobudi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:19 am

Kay. Cs is being worked on. But be warned: not the fastest sheet builder.
Nobudi

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:19 am

No worries I can hold off on the master post until you're done
Lorielle

Postby Nobudi » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:58 am

Name: Naomi 'Nao' Belladonna Dawnlight
Sex: Female
Class: Sniper

HP: 8
LP: 13

Dexterity: 3
Endurance: -2
Intellect: 2
Wisdom: 3
Charisma: -1
Trait: One Shot Kill

Skills:
Craft [Devices]
Perception [Environment]
Knowledge [Engineering]

Biography: Naomi was born into a rather wealthy noble family well known for innovations and inventions for a certain country. Her childhood was primarily based on following in her forefather's footsteps, learning about machines and inventions, to gather the past and add whatever she could to the growing mountains of knowledge that was her family's personal library. She did quite well in her lessons, even if a bit flew over her head. Alongside the theory craft of knowledge, she was also taught to create devices for the sake of the kingdom. A more efficient hoe or plow, boots that would wear more slowly, a trap that was rigged with gunpowder to explode when triggered... There was a troubling amount of weapons or devices meant to main and kill, rather than save or help. Perhaps that was how her family found themselves in good graces with the kingdom. It was a fact that scared her quite a bit when she finally was old enough to begin learning about firearms and weapons. Then she came across several accounts of her ancestors, lamenting about how their devices meant for the greater good was abused by greed and hubris. There, she learned that devices were never good or evil, merely the usage and intent were the deciding factors.

With that in mind, she decided to expand her knowledge and understanding on not only the mechanics of the world, but of herself and man. Her parents, harsh but fair people, decided to give Naomi their blessing and allowed her to leave her home if she wished, to embark upon a journey to discover her own truths to the world, and to add it to the family collection once she had before she was to be wed in 5 years time. Naomi, a still inexperienced scholar and engineer now, after growing into her role in the family, gratefully packed and departed. Her first destination, which was an interesting suggestion from her parents' circle of friends was to a mysterious gate.

Personality: A quiet and observant girl, she primarily comes off on first impressions as a detached and cold individual. However, this is only a defense mechanism to deter most from needlessly distracting and irritating her. She's actually quite laid back, but only when she has nothing important to focus on. Coming from a long lineage, she does try her best to appear as noble as her family's background would entail, but definitely fails to do so at times. A philosopher as well a scholar, she believes that the world's destiny moves in flows, that the state of the world is ever moving like a pendulum. The cycle can be broken, but it requires more than just herself and her family to move the world away from the Flow of Destiny. And most importantly, she is aware that everything in this world comes at a price, and that the secrets of the world come as heavy ones.

Description: http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/1846405

Equipment: Backpack, Rations (2 days), Bedroll, Dagger, 1 clockwork rifle[clip 5], 1 armor[light], 20 bullets.
Nobudi

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:00 am

Looks good! I'll see about assigning the teams and getting the post up by tomorrow.
Lorielle

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:52 pm

Alright using a few dice rolls the teams will be

Team 1: Nobudi and Knight

Team 2 Condor and Mark300

I'll have the post up in a couple of hours depending.
Lorielle

Postby Lorielle » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:30 pm

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=7396 Post is up!

If anyone has any questions about mechanics or have any confusion be sure to let me know. I also plan on the game to be divided in two sections, Exploration and downtime and i'll be sure to expand on downtime when you all finish your first dungeon. 0 sanity isnt game over as a heads up but it will have consequences, as well as some benefits.
Lorielle

Postby Lorielle » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:24 pm

Post coming soon
Lorielle

Postby KnightVanilla » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Sorry for lagging on my post family just left today and classes are a still beating me will post tonight
Life has gotten so much more boring. Well I suppose it doesn't help if I say my only source of entertainment is YouTube and here. So yeah not much of interesting life going on.
KnightVanilla

Postby Lorielle » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:31 am

Im on track to finish all of my work so barring any terrible incident or set back there will be a post tomorrow
Lorielle

Return to Out of Character